Bollywood News

gs

Sexy Back
stop eating chicken...i know for a fact i can't do that i love eating chicken that wat i eat most of the time

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
Here's some nice news, you guys may already know this though.

Hrithik is the proud papa of a baby boy
By IndiaFM News Bureau, March 28, 2006 - 08:16 IST

Hrithik Roshan became the father of a baby boy on Tuesday, 28th of March. His wife Suzanne Khan gave birth to a baby boy at Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai at around 3:30 pm.

Hrithik recently returned from Rio De Janeiro, where he was shooting for Dhoom 2 with Aishwarya Rai. His next release is going to be Krrish, which is a sequel to his last hit Koi Mil Gaya.

danny

sarNie Hatchling
awwww....congrats to him and his wife for their new addition....lol...his son and i are gonna be sharing a b-day together...lol....
thanks for sharing can't wait to watch the sequal to koi mil gaya..^^

hliyaj

sarNie Egg
Rani. I like her a lot. Ash, she's pretty indeed but there's something about her I don't like. The other two, I'd pick Preity before Kareena.

hliyaj

sarNie Egg
This maybe old news but I wanted to share if you haven't already read/heard.

Martial arts hero Jackie Chan may soon get some reel football action, in tandem with Bollywood biggies Jackie Shroff , Juhi Chawla and Jimmy Shergill for a Malaysian-Indian co-production called '90 Mins'.

The film, which attempts to cash in on the success of Gurinder Chadha's football flick 'Bend it like Beckham,' is slated for release in July 2006 to coincide with next year's football World Cup in Germany, a media report says.

Malaysian production house Rishi Creations is jointly producing the film along with India's P K productions, it said.

While producers are awaiting a response from Jackie Shroff, negotiations are on with Chan, Chawla and US actor Danny DeVito, Rishi Creations adviser Ruhani Abdul Rahman was quoted as saying by the 'New Straits Times'.

The action comedy, which revolves around two school football teams striving to win "whopping prize money" for their schools, will be directed by Indian filmmaker Iqbal Rizvi with the assistance of Malaysian director Syed Azidi, the report said.

"We're still waiting for Jackie's response. So far, he's confirmed he isn't committed to any engagements during the shooting period," Rahman told the daily.

The film's production is slated to begin in early February, she said adding that '90 Mins' will be shot at locations in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Genting Highlands.

Malaysian actors are also expected to star in the film.

Credits to apunkachoice.com

hliyaj

sarNie Egg
No one looks good without a little bit of makeup. She so looks American in one of those pictures. 25 is not old.

kazee

I think Kareena doesn't look old.. well she kinda does.. but everyone does when they don't wear make up though.. right? She has some good movies.. i think she's one of the top actresses in bollywood right now..

danny

sarNie Hatchling
wow interesting....i haven't heard about this but it'll be fun and interesting to see......
thanks for sharing the news...^^

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
Aishwarya injured on Guru sets
By IndiaFM News Bureau, April 21, 2006 - 06:58 IST

It's a known fact that Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan are currently in Bagalkot, North Karnataka, shooting for Mani Ratnam's Guru.

The shoot was going smoothly till Ash injured her hand this morning. It is still unclear how the incident took place. The beauty queen turned actress had also created headlines while shooting for Rajkumar Santoshi's Khakee. Even at that time, she had injured her toe and was hospitalized. Co-incidentally, during Mani Ratnam's last Hindi film Yuva, it was Viveik Oberoi who had injured himself. Let's hope that the actress recovers soon enough.

Guru also stars Mallika Sherawat. However, she was not present in Bagalkot as she didn't have any scenes there.

credit indiafm

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
Can Kajol match up to Rani with 'Fanaa'?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Arpana, IANS

It might not seem fair to compare the two cousins. But since it is confirmed that Kajol is playing a blind girl in 'Fanaa', Rani Mukherjee's performance in 'Black' immediately springs to mind.

Rani has bagged all the popular awards for her stupendous performance in the role of a blind-deaf-mute girl in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Black'?

Her success with the role has certainly set a high standard for Bollywood beauties, including Kajol who is making a comeback after four years with 'Fanaa' produced by Yash Raj Films and directed by Kunal Kohli.

But from the perspective of treatment, 'Black' and 'Fanaa' seem worlds apart. The only similarity is both films talk about the struggle of physically impaired heroines and their unbridled emotions.

'Fanaa', which is said to have shades of 'Noorie' and 'Dil Se', is the love story of a terrorist and a Kashmiri girl, who is deprived of the pleasures of life. The entry of a young man changes her life and she goes through several emotional ups and downs in the film.

Unlike 'Black' where Rani kept oscillating between black and white, Kohli's 'Fanaa' is more colourful and vibrant and exudes all the hues of life.

Kajol is an exceptional performer and has breathed freshness and vitality into every role she has played - from 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', 'Dushman', and 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' to 'Yeh Dillagi' and 'Baazigar' among many others.

Happily married to Ajay Devgan, Kajol has for some time been focussing on her young daughter.

Rani, in her absence, has established herself as a bankable actor and her performances in 'Saathiya', 'Chalte Chalte', 'Yuva', 'Hum Tum', 'Veer-Zaara', 'Bunty Aur Babli', 'Paheli' and 'Black' speak volumes for her. She is said to be the reigning queen of Hindi films.

Another platform for comparison is the pairing with Aamir. Kajol will star opposite the actor for the first time in 'Fanaa'.

On the other hand Rani has earlier acted opposite Aamir who is known to be a perfectionist and is sometimes accused of eclipsing his co-stars. Audience liked their onscreen chemistry in 'Ghulam' and 'Mangal Pandey - The Rising'. Rani has never seemed overawed by Aamir's presence.

'Fanaa' promos seem to suggest that the Aamir-Kajol paring too is likely to fire up the box office.

In the looks department, Kajol is still a stunner - the flab has disappeared, she is trimmer and prettier than ever before. And that's not surprising, given that Yash Raj Films is known to give special attention to the appearances of its cast.

The film has several firsts - Kajol has never played a physically impaired girl before; neither has Aamir played a terrorist.

Also, for the first time Kajol has rendered a song for the film with Aamir.

This is also yesteryear lover boy Rishi Kapoor's first stint with Aamir.

'Fanaa', which is scheduled for a May release, certainly reflects the Yash Chopra stamp - a mature romance blooming in exotic locales laced with exhilarating music.

credit bollywood heaven

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
has anyone watch Black yet? alot of people like rani in there and say she has the best role and did an awesome job...while others didn't like it....i must watch Black...since kajol will be having a new movie and it's comparing to rani movie Black....

danny

sarNie Hatchling
wow...thats interestin to know that Kajols to play an impair gal in the new movie it's a must watch for me...
there are some similiarities that i guess i could see if they would make the comparisons but from the previews of Fanaa it does seem like the feeling and scenery of the movie is bright and cheerful while in Black it indeed was just black and white....and indeed Kajol has gotten more beautiful then before.....^^
for those who haven't seen Black you should indeed go and watch it, it's worth it because you are able to see the talent that Rani has............

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
It seems like there's suddenly a rush to make a movie about someone who is blind lately. Kareena is supposed to play a blind girl in another movie, I don't remember which one though. And then there's another actress doing the same in yet another romantic themed movie.

danny

sarNie Hatchling
lol...it would seem so, just the other day my cousin and i were talking about it and we thought that now a days hindi movies are more or less becoming what k-dramas are about and k-dramas are becoming hindi movies where the theme is always rich boy poor girl or the other way around while as we all know k-dramas/movie are always about someone having a sickness or disabilities...^^