Bollywood News

cecilia

Staff member
no kidding..but if he want too..i'll support him..

but truly.no need..he's good at whatever he do..he'sjust like..BI..kekek..

gotta love shahruk...but oh gosh..him having an operation..i hate taking risk..i hope he's doing better at his practice..but trully like i said..

no need..he's good already...

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
Out of the 4 Rani is my favorite, she is the most talented one. Rani's smile just shine the screen. But when it come to sexy I would have to say Ash or Kareena.

Ana

sarNie Adult
My sis met Ashay Kumar?! something like that. She workz in a Hotel in Manhatthan and those film crew was there :rolleyes: . She printed me a list of names and asked me if I wanted to go see my "stars"..lol..I told her no cuzz I dunno any of them :lol: . I heard kareena and Salman is also coming too. Anywayz, if it was Rani, John A, SRK, Arjun R I would definitely go :lol:

Ana

sarNie Adult

Mumbai, Sep 21 (IANS) Aishwarya Rai has been shooting non-stop for her first full-fledged English film "The Last Legion" in Tunisia, as director J.P. Dutta waits for her return next month to start shooting for "Umrao Jaan".

But there seems to be a bit of problem there. Ash won't be back in time to start "Umrao Jaan" on schedule.

Says Dutta: "It is not her fault at all. Apparently, the shooting of her foreign film is behind schedule. And there will probably be a delay of a week. It's a routine delay and one for which she is in no way responsible.

"Her contract for the foreign film clearly states that there can be a spillover in the shooting dates. She has no choice but to stay back.

"But that really puts me in a fix. How do I start the film without Ash? There is no 'Umrao Jaan' without Umrao! It is like Agra without the Taj Mahal."

Has JP spoken to Ash?

"She had called for Ganesh Chaturthi. About the dates? No! Her secretary has been in touch and he has informed me of the inevitable delay. We are trying to work out a solution. But it looks like I will have to start building my Agra without the Taj Mahal."

© Copyright 2005 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

Ana

sarNie Adult

How does Shah Rukh Khan juggle his professional and personal life so adeptly? Does he bring up his children according to Hindu customs or do they follow Muslim mores? What makes him a superstar?

The answers to all this and more will be available on a documentary made on SRK's life. It is called The Inner World and the Outer World of Shah Rukh Khan and is directed by the British-based author and director Nasreen Munni Kabir (left), who is considered an authority on Hindi cinema. The DVD, launched by Eros Entertainment group, will be released October 4 and is priced at £ 10 abroad. The pricing for this DVD in India has not yet been decided.

Nasreen, who has made more than 80 documentaries on film personalities -- like Amitabh Bachchan, Shammi Kapoor and Guru Dutt -- says, "I have never met a person who lives for the moment. Shah Rukh is one of them. When he is with his son, he is the perfect father. When he is with his friends, he is the perfect friend. When he is with Gauri [his wife], he is the perfect husband."

She made another documentary on SRK earlier, for a British television channel.

Would a biopic DVD on SRK be snapped up? Says Nasreen, "I am sure this will sell like hot cakes. It will be a collector's item. There are many things about him which people would want to know. They will [find out] after watching this DVD. For example, Shah Rukh believes in both the Hindu and Muslim gods. The Koran is placed next to idols of Ganesh and Lakshmi in his [home]. He is a secular person. I have highlighted all this in the documentary."

Shah Rukh who was present at the press conference to announce the release of the DVD in Mumbai. He says, "My life is like any other person's life. I am just a normal person like anyone else and lead a very normal life."

The documentary takes viewers to New Delhi where Shah Rukh spent his early life and also to different cities of the world where he has performed for his signature Temptation stage shows.

"The documentary is not [made] in MTV style. It has more than that. It will have a longer and lasting value for the people who buy it," Nasreen says.

She added that Shah Rukh trusted her implicitly during the making of the film and never asked her to change any portion of her documentary.

Text: Syed Firdaus Ashraf | Photograph: Jewella C Miranda

-Bollywoodworld

Ana

sarNie Adult

From Veer Zaara to Parineeta , the latest Bollywood hits are also driving the popular fashion trends this season.

While clothes worn by Hindi film stars have always been a rage with the masses, of late these have become much more popular, say fashion experts. Thus you have Veer Zaara suits, Bunty Aur Babli dresses, Parineeta blouses and Hum Tum sarees

"Bollywood is definitely the largest fashion guider as a vast majority of public is influenced by Bollywood trends - clothes, jewellery, etc," says designer Aparna Chandra.

"Rather than introducing new designs on ramp, it makes more commercial sense to introduce them through films," she says.

A recent study by a fashion trade magazine infact says Bollywood can be a catalyst for booming Indian retail trade sector and push merchandise worth over four billion dollars in the next two years.

The report says that Bollywood has bigger draw on customers than any other medium. Each film is a brand in itself and with every new movie there is a fresh new brand of fashion and lifestyle products.

But film critic A C Tuli says "only those designs which can be worn daily by the masses become a fashion statement. Rest do not."

-Bollywood World

Ana

sarNie Adult

Recently it seems that there´s been alot of Ash-bashing going on in the Indian media. Attacks from her fashion sense to poor acting skills are never-ending. So where did this all come from? From being India´s pride and joy it seems that lately she´s been India´s "target for criticism". So why has the media gone from calling Ash a beauty queen to a plastic doll? Well there can be various factors, but according to Gurinder Chadha she claims that the Indian media is jealous of Ash´s success with, "Bride & Prejudice" along with the fact that London opened the movie with open-arms and India slagged it off before it was even screened. Truth is, Bride & Prejudice received luke-warm reviews albeit Ash was constantly claimed as "very beautiful".

Another reason may be her recent flop "Kyon Ho Gaya Naa" which she co-starred with her real-life beau, Vivek Oberoi. This movie was a failure at the box-office and only increased taunts from the media about her acting abilities.

Or perhaps it´s the fact that Ash is signing onto Hollywood movies and her fellow Indian fans feel she will slowly forget about Bollywood and therefore they´re using their media privileges to vent out against her? And maybe the fact that she went from wearing gorgeous sari´s to Georgio Armani? And went from dark black hair to a lighter shade of brunette?

The list can go on, but I for one will never know. But what I do know is that in a time when an Indian actress is making it in the Hollywood world where many minorities don´t get many chances is a good thing. Regardless of her flops or taste in clothes, she´s opening up alot of doors for future Indian actors, therefore shouldn´t we be supporting her more then ever?

-Planet Bollywood

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
The tickets for this show were like $100 for the nosebleed section! Should be a really good show.

Kelly

:)......This article seems like, the author who wrote it put alot of thought into it....some of this i agree with but not all....i like aish....in some ways but not all ways too so....yea....truthfully i am supporting her idea of hollywood but....i feel like.....if she thinks she's not ready to do real kissing scenes yet then why?.....i wonder if hollywood would let her surpass that hehe!

Kelly

hey i remember reading this article eheh....yea i love bollywood clothes...i want to go to india and buy a ton!

cecilia

Staff member
Kelly said:
hey i remember reading this article eheh....yea i love bollywood clothes...i want to go to india and buy a ton!
[post="15970"][/post]​
me too..

kelly ...maybe one day you and i and the rest of the buddies who want to join us..

hm..we'll all go to India and buy them YASHCHOPRA sari..kekek...love their
outfits..so colorful but yet..so beautiful..kekek.. :p

neena

sarNie Adult
i love shahrukh khan...he's the best. i have the television documentary from british television. its very interesting! i can't wait for this one!

Kelly

Today she may be the reigning queen of Bollywood, but there was a time when even before her entry in films, Rani Mukherjee was all set to get married.

Reports quote Rani herself as saying that her mother had arranged her marriage with someone when she was quite young.

But before entering the arranged wedlock Rani arranged her entry into films.

Why did she prefer films to the arranged marriage isn't revealed though. When asked about the boy named to marry her she says that the boy was her great fan.

However, she doesn't want to reveal the name of her fan though the boy has expressed his strong liking for Rani to her parents.

Reports have Rani adding that she wouldn't invite her great fan to her marriage, whenever it takes place. Rani doesn't want to reveal the reason for this too.

Rani’s case is not the first one in Bollywood. Quite some time back there were reports that Madhuri Dixit was about to get married to playback singer Suresh Wadekar, but the wedding couldn’t take place due to some unspecified reasons.

All know that Madhuri ruled Bollywood for almost a decade.

Seems like, it is going to be the case with Rani too. At the moment she is the reigning queen of Bollywood far ahead of the competition from her contemporaries.

Just imagine if Madhuri and Rani both would have entered into wedlock, then Bollywood would have been deprived of two immensely great talents.

cecilia

Staff member
hahah..so weird to read these stories..what interest me is that madhuri
rule bollywood for a decade..overcome by aish..and now...rani slowly
taking away that throne..kekek..the queen of bollywood have hard life
too...

yeah..imagine these talent who happen to go through all those arrange
matrimony..what would have become of bollywood..hm?.. good thing
they didnt' otherwise..bollywood..would be BLAH..kekek