BajiRao Mastani (SLB Films)

Step

Mrs James Ma
Sad to see BM dont have advance booking for fans. Many places in Mumbai, multiplexes and theatres have Dilwale  in more screen than BM. Eros tried to talk to SRK and Red Chillies some months ago so they can find solution. SRK did not agree with Eros.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Shah Rukh Khan will soon have a face-off with ace director Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The duo once created a stir in the Indian cinema history by releasing their films, Saawariya and Om Shanti Om together eight years back in November, 2007. This time on Shah Rukh and Kajol have re-united along with gennext actors, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon for Rohit Shetty’s Dilwale to give a tough fight to Bhansali’s period drama Bajirao Mastani starring Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra.
Recently, at the music celebrations of his film, Shah Rukh said, “The other film (Bajirao Mastani) is also made by friends. Our genre is more family and happy-go-lucky kind. Their genre is niche and historical. For both films, audience will come in at different time and watch it. Both are really nice movies."
However, Deepika, who Shah Rukh launched in Om Shanti Om, disagrees with her mentor when he says Bajirao Mastani’s genre is niche. “I wouldn’t call Bajirao as niche at all. In fact, one of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s strength is, that in a film like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam or Devdas or Ram Leela, or even Black, he has his way of story-telling and yet he makes his movies globally appealing.”  
Deepika continues, “I don’t know what Shah Rukh meant when he called the film niche, but both are totally different genres. I have worked with both the directors and know what both of them have to offer are very, very different. Even as an audience you won’t be able to compare the two, one is action, comedy romance while Bajirao Mastani is completely different.”

cr ians

Niche lol :p

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
SRK can be an ass.. He's just plain nervous. He lost a lot respect for Indian people because the movie base in 1700. I guess when he's feeling nervous he likes to talk a lot crap. Lol 50 years old guy act like he's 25 all over again.. What a joke.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Its true he has lost respect now. From this clash people saw his other side. Red Chillies took maximum theatres and multiplexes by force so BM dont get enough screens. 

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
He cheated.. And hope people realize how evil this guy can be.. I don't watch his movies anymore. Lost respect

Step

Mrs James Ma
AFTER WATCHING THE MOVIE EVERYONE SAY RANVEER THE STOLE THE SHOW :lolyup: Priyanka is a natural actress and Deepika was brilliant as Mastani. Deepika stole the show between DP and PC. Priyanka's role was kept in secret so public will be surprised to see PC has few more scenes.

BM is fantastic movie. I want to watch it again. Kashibai's character is relatable. We can feel her pain. I wish SLB had done more research on Mastani's character but DP did her job SOOO WELL :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
I loved this movie mora than Dilwale. BM won critics also :thumbsup:

Step

Mrs James Ma
By Subhash Jha (firstpost)
Epic fail vs epic: Dilwale has done Bajirao Mastani a great service
It takes a drought to know the value of water. It takes a kick in the pants to know realize the value of a dignified existence and it takes a Dilwale for us to realize the full potential and impact of Bajirao Mastani.
Just when we thought Shah Rukh’s cinematic caliber could plunge no lower than last year’s Happy New Year, he surprises us with an unhappy Christmas gift. Yes, the battle of the behemoths is finally on us. The box-office verdict is yet not clear. After battling it out in court (and outside), for screens and theatres, both the eagerly awaited films have opened to packed houses across the country and overseas.
http://s4.firstpost.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Dilwale-Bajirao-mastani_ytube-trailer2.jpghttp://s4.firstpost.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Dilwale-Bajirao-mastani_ytube-trailer2.jpg
Dilwale fades in comparison to Bajirao Mastani.
However, it looks like director Rohit Shetty and his main lead Shah Rukh Khan have come up with the worst film of their careers. Dilwale is shockingly awful film in every detail. It seems to have been constructed extempore out of the rich resources available to the director.
Look at the abundance of talent and moolah available to Shetty: Shah Rukh Khan and SRK’s Red Chillies…and this is the egg, scrambled in stale green chillies, that the director lays? Okay, let’s be honest. No one expected Dilwale to be a masterpiece but neither was it expected to be such a monster-piece, so bereft of merit that it makes Shetty’s earlier collaboration with SRK in Chennai Express look like Mughal-e-Azam.
If Diwale is much worse than one expected, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Bajirao Mastani (BM) is even better than one expected. Sparkling like a polished diamond, every frame of this magnum opus shows a master craftsman at work. In fact for every aspect of Dilwale that is a let down BM has an added ‘W’ to offer.
I consciously bring an automobile allusion into the picture. Shetty, as we all know, is obsessed with posh cars. But it is Bhansali who has delivered a ‘BMW’ version of a movie. Grand, Oh my gosh, oh so posh!
Dilwale, on the other hand, demonstrates very poor and lazy writing. The story and dialogues seem to have been written extempore with the jokes taken out of Shetty’s WhatsApp content and SantaBanta text messages. It is the artificially-grown product of affluence and arrogance were a superstar, just voted the richest entertainer in India by Forbes, and a superstar director have decided to come together and ‘show them’.

'Unko dikha denge' (We'll show them), is a term stars and filmmakers often use about their rivals. Dilwale is clearly one of those misguided products that are meant to display their makers’ muscle power. There is no effort to take the cinema of Shetty and SRK forward in any way. Shah Rukh had said in an interview that his film was for the masses while BM was more ‘niche’.
Well, there are the niche products and the neech harkatein (lowdown deeds) masquerading as mass entertainment. When you have Shah Rukh Khan you don’t need to labour over other aspects of your film—or so Shetty’s film screams from every misguided moment of evanescent entertainment.
Dilwale displays the highhanded over-confidence of a team that believes it is insurmountably infallible. Cut away from reality , the makers plunge into a can-do-no-wrong escapade that goes horribly haywire with every passing sequence. Extravagance is seen as a substitute for intelligent storytelling. Every luxury car that Shetty blows up (think of how many villages of undernourished children that car could have fed) is like a pounding rebuff to the basic ground-rules of good cinema, namely an elaborate script and good intentions.
Thankfully the year also ends with
 Bajirao Mastani, which in every vital detail, is in direct contrast to Dilwale.

The writing in BM is precise lucid and virile. The action scenes, so far considered Shetty’s forte, are done in BM with a flair and finesse that Hollywood would envy.
Everything in BM feels beautiful and I don’t mean that in just the physical sense.You come away from the film elated and enriched. Dilwale, on the other hand, leaves you feeling poorer, cheated, betrayed. This is King Khan. He can’t do this to us!
The makers of BM should thank the Dilwale team for putting their product together in same line of vision. If it wasn’t for the comparative source material we may have not have known what Sanjay Leela Bhansali has given us.
A reason to believe Indian cinema has a bright future. Har Har Mahadev!

Step

Mrs James Ma
1st day collection

Box Office Report: Early Estimates for Dilwale, Bajirao Mastani Out
Dilwale vs Bajirao Mastani was indeed the most anticipated Box Office Clash of 2015. The D-Day is finally here and we bring to you numbers from the war zone. 
That Dilwale is performing better than Bajirao Mastani is something that many know, despite the former opening to mixed reviews whereas the latter winning immense critical acclaim. 
As per early estimates that our coming our way, Dilwale seems to be scoring in the range of Rs. 21-22 crores on Day 1 while Bajirao Mastani will collect around Rs. 11.5-12 crores.
According to trade reports, the Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon starrer is performing well in Nizam/Andhra, Mysore, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, West Bengal, Bihar, Assam and Orissa region. Due to disruptions in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan region, the film's collections have been affected, which otherwise would have been in the range of Rs. 30 crores.
The collections are low as compared to Salman Khan's Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and Bajrangi Bhaijaan which earned Rs. 39 crores and Rs. 26.50 crores respectively. But then again, the two films released on the festive weekends of Diwali and Eid. Dilwale is far behind the first day collections of Shah Rukh's previous film  Happy New Year, which made Rs. 42 crores on its day 1. But that also released on the holiday weekend of Diwali.
Bajirao Mastaani on the other hand, has grossed around 11.5-12 crore nett, which was expected, given the clash withDilwale. The period drama too got affected by the disruptions in Maharashta and has also shown dull collections in Uttar Pradesh and other East India regions

cr BOI

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
SRK has a lot of money and he cheated so he can beat BM lol. He's that low

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
Bajirao Mastani is a great movie! great songs, and great storylines. I was in shocked that three actors played a roles with perfection.
I'm proud of Ranveer because SLB bring the best out of him. SLB just offered Ranveer another role in his up coming movie! I think it's a remake, going to be another big hit. Look forward to watch the movie again. Gotta love Deepika :)

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
One more thing..
Bajirao Mastani is an exceptional movie. totally can't get over it. Such powerful acting, story, dialogs and exquisite beauty of Deepika Padukone. Hope I can watch it one more time when I'm in Germany next week visiting family. It's a must watch!

cecilia

Staff member
I like the movie for its beautiful setting and sceneries.  The costumes are so pretty as well.  Both ladies are beautiful and Ranveer was great as Bajirao.  He made me believe he's Bajirao -- that ending definitely got me convinced of how good an actor he is.  As for DP and PC .. I feel both did their roles justice. 

I came out of this movie being a bigger fan of PC than before because she was great in here as the understanding wife .. I don't know how I would react if I'm in her shoe ... to me, she's the REAL heroine of BM's love story.  Also, I sympathize her every time she sees Rao with Mastani.  

Mastani and Rao ... hm, their story was great but due to my sympathy with Kashi .. I couldn't accept their relationship. I didn't like how he cheated on her and still don't tell her about it ... that was just painful to think of in her shoe.

I do love how he fights everyone to marry Mastani despite her religion .. that to me speaks louder volume in love. Love shouldn't be defined by religion .. it be defined by two people. If they love each other everything will settle into its places in the end.  I also love him for standing beside Mastani throughout the movie ... I just don't like that he's married and have a son before he met Mastani ...

mia07

Introvert
Critics and others have been saying that this was more of a PC film. I shall have to see this film for myself whether I agree or not. I'm not a fan of PC but I do like her as an actress.

cecilia

Staff member
^I actually like those moving and flying car scenes because it's 'supposed' to be driven by the two avenging lovers so yup .. that was awesome. I also like Dilwale for its corny and semi-predictable plot lol I definitely want to buy a copy of it when it comes out and will watch it more than once too :p

I like BM but I prefer Jodhaa Akbar more. I would love it more if Bajirao has only Mastani but since there is Kashi. I can't get over it to accept them. My excuse doesn't make up for her loss to even accept them for a bit ...