Baby with 2 Faces - India

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
article - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24012024/wid/11915773?GT1=31037

SAINI SUNPURA, India - A baby with two faces was born in a northern Indian village, where she is doing well and is being worshipped as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess, her father said Tuesday.

The baby, Lali, apparently has an extremely rare condition known as craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces. Except for her ears, all of Lali's facial features are duplicated — she has two noses, two pairs of lips and two pairs of eyes.

"My daughter is fine — like any other child," said Vinod Singh, 23, a poor farm worker.

Lali has caused a sensation in the dusty village of Saini Sunpura, 25 miles east of New Delhi. When she left the hospital, eight hours after a normal delivery on March 11, she was swarmed by villagers, said Sabir Ali, the director of Saifi Hospital.

"She drinks milk from her two mouths and opens and shuts all the four eyes at one time," Ali said.

Rural India is deeply superstitious and the little girl is being hailed as a return of the Hindu goddess of valor, Durga, a fiery deity traditionally depicted with three eyes and many arms.

'Leading a normal life'
Up to 100 people have been visiting Lali at her home every day to touch her feet out of respect, offer money and receive blessings, Singh told The Associated Press.

"Lali is God's gift to us," said Jaipal Singh, a member of the local village council. "She has brought fame to our village."

Village chief Daulat Ram said he planned to build a temple to Durga in the village.

"I am writing to the state government to provide money to build the temple and help the parents look after their daughter," Ram said.

Lali's condition is often linked to serious health complications, but the doctor said she was doing well.

"She is leading a normal life with no breathing difficulties," said Ali, adding that he saw no need for surgery.

Lali's parents were married in February 2007. Lali is their first child.

Singh said he took his daughter to a hospital in New Delhi where doctors suggested a CT scan to determine whether her internal organs were normal, but Singh said he felt it was unnecessary.

"I don't feel the need of that at this stage as my daughter is behaving like a normal child, posing no problems," he said.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
awwww she's so cute though; and it's so amazing I heard a similar story about a girl in india who was born with 4 legs and arms! and she was also worshipped as reincarnated god. It's kind of weird how these kind of birth happens in all places india the country that worship those gods =.=

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Eh...it happens from time to time, the only difference is she was lucky to have been born into a culture that views her as an incarnation of a goddess instead of a disfigured child (which would have been the case if she were anywhere else). I just wonder what her life would be like when she gets older. She's one lucky baby, she's healthy and she's being worshipped!

nina07

sarNie Adult
woah !! that doesnt even look real !! its like somebody photoshopped their face and like put them in double !! thats freakkay..

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
A really cute adorable baby. Growing up might be a lil hard for her, if she ever leaves her village. Plus all the publicity. I too have a lot of mix emotions, happy she's doing well, but sad at the same time thinking of how her life might be later on in life, and grateful her surrounding people are worshipping her.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
A really cute adorable baby. Growing up might be a lil hard for her, if she ever leaves her village. Plus all the publicity. I too have a lot of mix emotions, happy she's doing well, but sad at the same time thinking of how her life might be later on in life, and grateful her surrounding people are worshipping her.
Great post, I feel the same way.

noungning

Heartless
the parents should definitely get the CT scan, 2nd opinions should always be better than 1.

very fortunate she is in good health, and with others, i'm afraid of what the future holds for this baby.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I hope she grows up healthy and well. She's adorable and cute. I too worry about what the future holds for her because it might be hard for some people to accept. ;[.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Being that her parents are poor farmers, not sure how much medical attention they could afford. But they have those institues that would do medical procedures for free, right? Yes, I say they should get a second opinion also.

Yeah, like a few that post earlier, why is all the rare conditions always in India? This baby, the Indian Man pregnant with his sibling, also a few months ago, I saw on TV one of the Tree Man, where he grew tree bark like warts. They were hard and flaky, all over his body, hands, feet, and now growing on his face.

myx

sArNieZ
wow, amazing. i wonder, when she grows up, is she going to use both of ther mouth to talk or just one?

koblo

sarNie Hatchling
article - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24012024/wid/11915773?GT1=31037

SAINI SUNPURA, India - A baby with two faces was born in a northern Indian village, where she is doing well and is being worshipped as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess, her father said Tuesday.

The baby, Lali, apparently has an extremely rare condition known as craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces. Except for her ears, all of Lali's facial features are duplicated — she has two noses, two pairs of lips and two pairs of eyes.

"My daughter is fine — like any other child," said Vinod Singh, 23, a poor farm worker.

Lali has caused a sensation in the dusty village of Saini Sunpura, 25 miles east of New Delhi. When she left the hospital, eight hours after a normal delivery on March 11, she was swarmed by villagers, said Sabir Ali, the director of Saifi Hospital.

"She drinks milk from her two mouths and opens and shuts all the four eyes at one time," Ali said.

Rural India is deeply superstitious and the little girl is being hailed as a return of the Hindu goddess of valor, Durga, a fiery deity traditionally depicted with three eyes and many arms.

'Leading a normal life'
Up to 100 people have been visiting Lali at her home every day to touch her feet out of respect, offer money and receive blessings, Singh told The Associated Press.

"Lali is God's gift to us," said Jaipal Singh, a member of the local village council. "She has brought fame to our village."

Village chief Daulat Ram said he planned to build a temple to Durga in the village.

"I am writing to the state government to provide money to build the temple and help the parents look after their daughter," Ram said.

Lali's condition is often linked to serious health complications, but the doctor said she was doing well.

"She is leading a normal life with no breathing difficulties," said Ali, adding that he saw no need for surgery.

Lali's parents were married in February 2007. Lali is their first child.

Singh said he took his daughter to a hospital in New Delhi where doctors suggested a CT scan to determine whether her internal organs were normal, but Singh said he felt it was unnecessary.

"I don't feel the need of that at this stage as my daughter is behaving like a normal child, posing no problems," he said.
That is interesting that she is healthy! =D Thanks for sharing.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
so shes just one person looks like 2 haha damn i wonder if she can speak from both mouth at same time or maybe she'll just use one haha god id love to research this kinda stuff its amazing what this world creates