Baahubali: The Beginning

cecilia

Staff member
What a great movie!!! I like this movie ... a lot and I end up loving the p'ek ALOT too :) Excited for part 2: Baahubali: The Conclusoin (coming in 2016)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQRhE772b0
OST:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1smTzONTnQ

Synopsis: 
In the ancient Kingdom of Mahishmati in India, Sivagami, the queen mother (Ramya Krishnan), carrying a baby in her arms, emerges from a cave adjoining a big waterfall. She kills the soldiers pursuing her and sacrifices herself to save the baby. Local villagers spot the queen's hand carrying baby in the river and rescues the infant. Sanga (Rohini) and  her husband name the infant Shivudu and raise him as their own son. They seal the cave fearing the child's safety.
Shivudu (Prabhas) grows up aspiring to hike the waterfall, he makes several unsuccessful attempts much against his mother's wishes. Sanga reaches out to Swamiji (Tanikella Bharani) fearing her child's safety who advises her to pour water on Shivling for 116 times. When Shivudu finds this, he picks Shivling on his shoulders and puts it right below the waterfall which delights his mother. He then finds a mask of a girl which torrents from the waterfall, curious to find out who she is, he attempts to hike the waterfall again and succeeds.
On top of the waterfall, Shivudu, now called Shiva, discovers that the mask belongs to Avanthika (Tamannaah), a rebellious warrior whose group has indulged in a guerrilla warfare against king Bhallala Deva (Rana Daggubati) of Mahishmati Kingdom. The group intends to rescue former queen Devasena (Anushka Shetty) who is the real mother of Shiva. Avanthika is given the opportunity to rescue the queen who has been chained in the kingdom for the past 25 years.
Avanthika falls in love with Shiva after she finds out that he has climbed the waterfall for her. Shiva pledges to help her in her mission and sneaks into Mahishmati to rescue Devasena. There, the king's Royal Guard Kattappa (Sathyaraj), known for his great warrior abilities, attack Shiva with his group upon the order of the King. After Shiva beheads Bhadra (Bhallala Deva's son), Kattappa drops his weapons on realizing that Shiva is Mahendra Baahubali, the son of late king Amarendra Baahubali. Shiva's adoptive family travel through the cave to join the others and witness the events.
A flashback reveals the animosity between cousins Amarendra Baahubali and Bhallala Deva, whose father is Bijjala Deva (Nassar). Bijjala was denied the throne due to his bad habits but he feels that this was done because of his deformed hand and develops hatred towards his brother. His younger brother Vijayendra, the king passes away at a very young age, the queen also dies giving birth to Amarendra Baahubali. Sivagami, takes charge of running the kingdom until new king is elected, Kattappa assists her by eliminating rebellious groups within the kingdom. Amarendra Baahubali and Bhallala Deva are brought up together, trained in all areas including arts, science, disguise, politics and warfare, but both of them have different approaches towards kingship. Amarendra Baahubali is liberal to everyone but Bhallala Deva is violent and achieves his goals with any means possible.
When a war is forced upon Mahishmati by Kalakeyas, Sivagami promises that new king will be the one who beheads the kalakeya king and orders the war resources be distributed equally between the two cousins. Bijjala deva uses his cunningness to make sure Bhalladeva gets maximum war fare. Amarendra Baahubali with the limited resources given to him uses his skill and innovative war techniques to crush the enemy. Bhallala Deva uses all the resources of the army, killing innocent people as well as the enemy, to win the war. Sivagami announces Amarendra Baahubali as the new emperor because of his nobility and leadership in the war and Bhallala Deva as army general.
After the flashback, Sanga wishes to see Amarendra Baahubali but Kattapa tells everyone that the king is dead and tearfully reveals himself as the killer.
Credit: wikipedia

Step

Mrs James Ma
There is news that Baahubali 2 will release in Dec 2016 with Aamir Khan’s Dangal :p together 

mia07

Introvert
cecilia said:
That's so long .. a year from now T____T
Have yet to watch.. Downloading is still pending but I do quite like the songs in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi.

Ceci, you should watch Bajrangi Bhaijaan too. You will love it as well. It has been such a long time to see a good Salman film. The little girl will definitely steal your heart. Carry some tissues too hehe..

cecilia

Staff member
I saw it awhile back and didn't like it as much .. but that little girl is so cute. She reminds me of Kat in Cupid Pathway.

Yes, give this movie a break .. you'll like it. I watched it because I like the ost. Turned out I'm liking the p'ek a lot more than I think. I look forward to part two because it focus on the past story - the story between his mom, dad, and uncle. Exciting!