avatar the last air bender controversy

wintr

sarNie Hatchling
hi gals and guys i don't know if its been posted here yet but i read about the avatar controversy an i want to know what u all think about it..M. Night is making a live action version of the animation and the lead all went to all Caucasian people..to me i think its racist, because it was base on Asian cultures, if any of u are a fan of the show you know what i mean. i can't see another movie casting a Caucasian male for the lead which was made for Asian. Like example Dragon Ball Z one of my most beloved animation series ever to air, was cast to a Caucasian male lead which we all know Goku is Asian. I bet everyone anything that if this keep on happening us asian folks are looked down upon every time a major movie role which is clearly made for an Asian lead is given to a Caucasian lead instead. IF they make Naruto into a movie and cast all white lead what would u do..we clearly see that Naruto is base on ninja from japan..i'm not racist but i can't stand it any longer..they need to change..we're in the 21st century now people wake up and come on..

well that's my opinion i would love to know what all of you think

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
OMG!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH PLEASE DON'T EVEN SAY NARUTO!!! I WOULD BE SO >_< EEEK.. IF THEY WERE TO MAKE CAUCASIAN PPL PLAY IT >_<..

that's pretty messed up.. I was already dissapointed enough for forbidden kingdom & dragon ball evolution >_<.. i hate it when it's not asian ppl who plays the lead..
man.. avatar the last air bender.. i used to watch that from time to time.. but omg.. a live action.. omg.. what are they gonna do.. shave the white dude's head bald and put an arrow.. omg... total dissapointment!!! i so hope it goes to asian ppl .. DAMN!!! i have so much stuff in my head now.... aiyah.... here comes total dissapoinment from me...

wintr

sarNie Hatchling
they have a trailer of the movie and yes they shave the white kid hair off and place an arrow..i will post the link when i can..there is also a group that is opposing to the cast who is making headline..the official cast hasn't been agreed yet but it is mostly likely going to be white..they threw in an indian guy to play Zukko when Jesse McCartney drop out..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Bleh, I pretty much gave up on the Western world trying to acknowledge the Asian culture. It's so retarded how they base something off Asian culture and then use Caucasian casts to play the characters. I know that it shouldn't be something we pay attention to, but at the same time where does that leave Asians when it comes to acknowledging our culture? Gosh, I know many people who think that Dragon Ball Z is written by Americans .. Likewise Sailor Moon! I'm like dude ... whatever I don't even want to go there lol

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
M. Night Shamayla is directing this???????? He's my favorite director. What is up with him now?? He's losing his touch!!!!

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
oh man i did can't wait to watch this when i heard about it....
but yeah i also was disappointed that a Caucasian boy was playing Avatar.
the trailer was nice though i gottah say. lool
oh well...we'll have see how this kid play as avatar. XP

oh man! if Naruto....no Caucasian person would look like Naruto. lool
i would kill myself if they did use a Caucasian person. rofl XPPPP

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
OMFG!!!!!!!!!! WTFUDGE IS THAT!!! OMFG!!!!
man.. another great movie... ruined!!!

if the little boy from shaolin popeye was still young.. i think he would so match this .. but then again......

they casted a white boy.. looks like another wanna be asian kungfu kid.. >_<

PLEASE DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT NARUTO!!!
They will prob just used a short blonde white boy to play him.. ahhhhhhhh... i dont want to think >_<