Athena & Ares: Love's Battlefield-One Shot Myth #3-Complete

Sary101

sarNie Hatchling
LOVE’S BATTLEFIELD: ATHENA VS ARES—ONE SHOT MYTH #3

“I vow to make you bend to me Athena! If it is the last thing I do!” As those words registered, Athena looked solemnly at him. She never feared any man or God alike; she was her own woman and a fierce Goddess that speaks volume to her determination, strength and power. They would never be at peace with each other she and Ares. Maybe they will always be destined to be enemies on all fronts.

The fire and anger flaring from within her was gearing up and it wanted the huntress in her to just shoot her arrow and crush his heart and soul. She will not bend to any man or God. Ares was the God of War. He was bloodthirsty and lusted after the glory of defeating his enemies. He never chose the path of the defeated. While she on the other hand wanted to choose wisdom to forsake the devastation of war. Her father, Zeus trained her very well in the art of combat war but she never wanted to use force rather she preferred to negotiate for peace. But looking at Ares now they finally subdued him enough to lock him away in the magical golden globe that she crafted with her brother Apollo. If they didn’t have this chamber, Ares would escape and who knows what he’d do to her and wreak havoc for the Gods and Goddesses as well as destroy and affect the humans on Earth. It was his error in judgement that he chose to dally with her aunt Aphrodite. Aphrodite was no good, manipulative and jealous and she will woo or tempt any man or God alike to do her bidding. Her aunt’s husband found out and a battle was insinuated. She had to choose sides and so must the rest of the Gods and Goddesses.

Growing up in the realm of Gods they were well known competitors. Ares hated the fact that she was the only Goddess allowed to join in the combat. He gave her respect as she was very experienced and had a unique way of handling war tactics and confrontations. They were always combating when competition was initiated for the young warriors. Sometimes he would win and other times she would be the victor.

She turned her back from Ares and her soldiers followed her lead. She must contact her father, Zeus the king of Gods about Ares. He was being impossible and irrational the worse she’s ever seen him. He was a bully and this must stop now. The basis of her competitive nature was that she really wasn’t one of Zeus’s legitimate daughter, she was adopted by Zeus because he fell in love with a mortal woman and on her last dying breath her mother wanted Athena to be adopted as a Goddess and Zeus didn’t hesitate to give her the same powers as his other sons and daughters. She didn’t know of her lineage until recently when she overheard her father’s confrontation with Ares. Ares was her father’s son. Only he knew and how he found out she wanted to get it out of him. But then he had the gullibility to fall under Aphrodite’s manipulations. She was their aunt by association to being married to Zeus’s brother. That was the ways of the Gods and Goddesses, faithless and promiscuous. They got away with everything but not this time around. The war of the century is occurring now because of Ares therefore he will need to be punished. Apollo told her the globe was a one of the strongest fortress to contain Ares but not for long. Ares is one of the most powerful of Zeus’s sons so she must act quickly before his wrath comes upon her. Athena didn’t fear him, but Apollo was afraid for her. Ares was demanding and threatening great retaliation to her. She led her army against Ares and made him prisoner; Ares was insanely angry about this because it was the only time this had happened to him. She was his nemesis. She must be extremely careful going forward; Ares never loses to any one and especially a woman pretending to be a Goddess.

After meeting with her father, Zeus actually thought it was comical that his children were warring over a frivolous Goddess such as his sister Aphrodite. He will deal with Ares when it was necessary. He as well advised Athena to isolate herself once Ares is released. His son wasn’t one to bow to defeat. Athena didn’t think anything of it. She only asked that Ares leaves her alone, she was getting weary of all of the war and fighting.

As she stepped away from her father’s realm she shivered from an ominous chill or a threat? With that she was covered in darkness. She didn’t even have an inkling of a chance to think or defend herself. There was no protective barrier or power she had in which to help her when Ares main goal was revenge! She recognized that unnerving laughter. This amused him? Just wait until she escapes from this darkness because all hell was going to break loose! Mount Olympus was going to experience the biggest shake down between their Goddess of Virtue and Wisdom, Athena and their War God, Ares. War indeed was in the horizon.

Ares lifted Athena unceremoniously over his shoulder, she wasn’t a light weight. She was almost as tall him and just as fit like him. Yet he noticed the curves of her chest upon his shoulder. No doubt she still had her voluptuous womanly physique. Why would that thought come upon him now. He was actually very angry with her and her imminent threats were heard as he carried her. She was screaming and threatening at the top of her lungs. It was loud enough because even Hades could hear her in his isolated and cold realm.
She was dropped literally on her bottom. As she saw him she saw red! She ran at him but then she tumbled to the ground. What was this chain around her one ankle? How dare he do this to her!

“Mark my words you will live to regret this. Even if you are immortal I will wound you severely!” she threatened him but he only smiled at her, causing her to become angrier but yet her heart stilled when he flashed her one of his rare smile.
“If you act as a Goddess I may consider your request. But you are Athena, the Hunter and warrior but yet virtuous you are still. No I will not oblige to your threats. How do you consider defying me? Do you not know that I never lose?” answering to her and feeling more angry because this woman refuse to bend to him. He was the second most powerful God from his father but Athena never feared him nor did she ever like him. This he knew since they grew up together and trained together.

“I shall ask Medusa to curse you. Curse you to be a worm or better yet the inconspicuous and most irrelevant specie on earth! I vow I will make you regret this. How dare you Ares! I swear my wrath on you will cause you to squirm from fear and for you to beg me to not hurt you. Ares.....” she wanted to continue but his mouth covered anything else that was spewing from her lips. She punched and tried to push him away from her.

Oh how could he use this tactic on her? Preying on her inexperience and using his masculine power to subdue her. She became angrier when her body was softening in which caused her to knee him. He doubled over and she tried to use her Goddess’ strength to rip the chain off of her. What power did he embed on this imprisonment item on her person?

“Just say one more thing Athena. You don’t know who and what I am or do you want to try me?” He then proceeded to pull her into his arms. She didn’t fear him and she wasn’t going to let him see her weakness. This was new territory for her but Ares didn’t need to know. All the Gods or Goddesses were promiscuous and always involved in lovers’ rendezvous or lovers’ spats. She stayed clear and away from those types of dramas. Not wavering from his stare she showed him her true feelings. They were nemesis not friends.

“Seeing that fire inside of you makes me realize Athena you are a woman after all. How is it that I never hear the other Gods mention you and your bedroom expertise? All that burning sensations within you should be releases. You must have needs and desires? Dare I show you?” he lifter her into his arms and carried her. Athena couldn’t believe this he was going to force her to his will?

“Let go of me Ares! You must use brute strength and take what is not willing. Release me now! Or you will regret when this is over I will dismember you!” She hollered at the top of her lungs.

Good thing he’s taken her to his secret realm. Even his father couldn’t locate them, Ares was happy about his decision to bring her here. Athena was still their father’s favourite because she was Zeus lover’s child. The mortal died too soon not long after Zeus had fallen in love with her. Her strength shined from being alone and pregnant showed the woman’s inner strength and that was inherited by her daughter. He found out about this secret of Athena from Aphrodite. He and Aphrodite were almost lovers but he knew her wiles and she only tried to seduce him to get her husband’s attention but now he found himself enemy to Athena. He felt sorry for Athena but she always went out of her way to defy him. She must learn her lesson. He was the God of War and he never accepted defeat.

He touched her shoulder gingerly and she clawed at his face only missed causing damage just mere inches if his reflex wasn’t quick enough but by doing so his hand that was on her shoulder moved and tore the front of her robe, leaving it gaping. Her skin was flawless and at this moment she was panting from shock and anger. She jumped kicked at him and he didn’t move fast enough and landed on his haunches. Was she really trying to make him angrier? He thought. When she tried to kick him once more he grabbed onto her raised leg and ankle and lifted her upside down. He was a God after all and mere strength from an adopted Goddess was no match for him. Her arms flailing she still didn’t admit to defeat either. She was fighting him tooth and nail. Enough was enough. He put her on her feet. Willed the chain off of her and embraced her with no escaping. She turned and squirmed but there was no give to his strength. Athena did become a bit disturbed as she knew there was no way of changing Ares mind. Right now he was too focused on making her succumb to him. Facing him now she stopped fending him off. If she couldn’t make him release her, she had to pretend weakness so that when he released her she could make her escape.

He did as she expected when she put her new plans into play; it would work and so with this chance she slapped him squarely in the face. In retaliation he forced his kiss on her she was too shocked to fight him off. He took charge of her mouth and his tongue was doing things so new to her that she didn’t know how to handle it. Only when his hands were roaming her whole body did she realize Ares was lost. He wanted her badly and she didn’t fend him off her but yet she was really shy and a bit fearful as well now. With fear she started to fight him once more but he was so enthralled with his desire and lust for her he didn’t pay any attention to her physical actions on him. He didn’t even flinch as she assaulted him. He was too strong and she was tiring. She couldn’t fight him any longer.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

They lay spooned together; he slept peacefully while she was full of angst. Athena cried inside silently she was devastated. The Goddess of War had fallen. Her virtue was taken from her and she couldn’t do anything about it. Ares was the stronger of them in strength but she vowed this would be her only weakness because she had no choice or chance to stop him.

She pulled away from him and stood there naked staring at him. How could he do this her and in such a way? What happens now? She found his blade resting against the wall. Tip toeing over to it she grabbed the blade. Walking back to him she pointed the blade at his chest.

“Do you dare to kill your husband Athena? I will have you as my wife. My father would be too happy that his expectations of us resulted in this. Did you know he always wanted us to be together because in the end we are too much a like in every way?” He told this to her and yet he didn’t care about the blade end she pointed at him was piercing his skin and it started to trickle droplets of blood.

“Don’t try to sweet talk me with your womanizing ways I cannot be easily swayed. I never wanted this. I know you hated me but I didn’t know you hated me this much.” She started to cry then. The warrior Goddess was actually weeping.

Ares heart thumped loudly in his chest because he didn’t know he could make Athena cry. He was remorseful of his actions because he couldn’t stop himself. The drive to possess her overtook any sensible thought he had. In the end he had always been possessive of her even when he was fighting Odysseus on the ocean and Athena was there to help that mortal man and fought against him on it. He knew know that he was jealous, too jealous of her. Was that all there was too it? Or was there a lot more? He couldn’t have fallen in love with his enemy but yet the thought didn’t leave a bad taste in his mouth.

He snapped the blade in half and took her into his arms again. They were both naked but it didn’t bother him or her. She stayed in his arms and didn’t push him away. He rubbed her back slowly and it turned sensually. Athena stopped him from continuing. He accepted her wishes. Wiping away at her tears he kissed her lids and soothed her.

“I am sorry. Truly sorry this happened this way but I will make it up to you. I will tell my soldiers to ease and bear down their weapons. I didn’t care for Aphrodite so this war is fruitless. Athena please realized that I never hated you. What happened last night I couldn’t control myself. I had you in my arms and I couldn’t think of anything else but to have you as my wife.” He looked at her seriously because he wanted her to trust and believe him. He was not lying to her. They were better as partners than enemies.

“I don’t know if it is a good idea Ares. You are all about war. I understand war but I want to keep the peace before initializing battle. We are too different in this way of thinking.” She explained this to him. As much as he admitted to lusting after her he never mentioned love. She was tough on the outside yet she still romanticized about love.

“Lust is not enough for me Ares. If it was I wouldn’t be so disappointed about how you have force yourself on me. I will forget this but I am not ready to forgive you.” She stated this, “Please let me go.”

She moved away from him and started to dress herself. If she stayed in his arms she knew she’d weaken. She needed time to herself even more now. To think about his words and the future he wanted for them.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The Summer solstice changed over to Winter solstice and then back to a new a new Spring season. Ares watched over Athena. He gave her the space and time but it was slowly depressing him. She was very stubborn. The suitors came and went quickly as he threatened them. Athena was his and now all the Gods are aware of this. Enough was enough. He needed to do something quick. He needed her loyalty because he realized now that he was in love and loves only her. He kidnapped her once he would do it again if the need arises.

Hades who was his uncle had kidnapped his bride and she was now his wife. They were living happily in his realm beneath the earth. Maybe he could advise Ares the best route to take with Athena. Unfortunately he knew this was his fate and he must handle it himself. Why did he fall in love with the most stubborn of the Goddesses? He could overtake her in strength but he couldn’t force her heart to accept him. There was no power on earth or for the Gods and Goddesses that demanded love. Love was priceless and hard to come by. Eros and Helen found that gift. His nephew found love with a mortal that was a feat in itself. Eros was so beautiful in which he did not have but he knew even looks couldn’t persuade Athena. His features were masculine and all male; as well he was dangerous. It made many mortal women and Goddesses to swoon at his feet. He didn’t want easy he wanted Athena. She was a huge challenge for him. Aside for the challenge he loved her. He admitted love defeated him.

Then Athena came into view rushing at him. She punched him fully and hard. He wasn’t expecting that at all.

“How dare you get father involved. I am forced to marry you or else my powers will be taken away?” she screamed at him. She was panting with so much violence radiating throughout her body.

“I didn’t do such a thing. If I wanted to force you we would be married already. I wouldn’t be this weak minded and distraught too. I turned into a desperate mortal now following you around and watch your potential lovers trying to attract your attention. Speak the truth Athena you were waiting for me as well. Do you want me to beg you? How could you not realize I love you! Look at me Athena. Ares, the God of War does not beg.” He looked deep into her eyes and baring it all for her. She must believe him now. He was speaking the truth. She calmed down instantly and her heart filled with the joy of his confessions.

“Thank you for that. I realize I have been so stubborn too. If not for father commanding me to marry you I wouldn’t come chasing you. You love me Ares? I love you too and I miss you. It is funny but I miss our warring. I know as crazy as that sounds but I speak the truth only.” Athena rushed into his open arms.
They shared the most passionate kiss between lovers. The heavens open up as Athena accepted Ares as her husband. Her body accepted him eagerly and they travelled to the other worldly ecstasy of passion and desires.

Mount Olympus prepared for their wedding. Zeus was so proud of his children because he knew things beyond his title as King of the Gods. He was always a romantic. He wasn’t perfect but he knew that where love was involved he could tell; there was no escaping these emotions that applied to both mortals and Gods.

The young Goddess finally dressed in the most beautiful female attire and her lovely locks adorned with precious stones flowed down her back trailing to the ground; she walked down to stand beside her husband and lover. Ares winked at her and kissed her soundly in front of every Gods and Goddesses attending their union. He picked her up and carried her away to his secret realm and they never were heard or seen again until the birth of their twins.

The Goddess of Virtue and the God of War lived happily and sometimes peacefully as long as Ares didn’t start war with other Gods and mortals. The only calming balm for him was his beautiful wife and her wisdom to help him see things in a better light. Love happens and will over power every other emotions.

T H E E N D !

[I thought to add and hint at the other stories/myths for the FF readers who are not familiar or follow Yadech.com or AF. I hope it meets with satisfaction? Oh boy this was a new one for me too. Rawr scene...Yikes! Good reading ja!]