ask yourself this:

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
this is very interesting...read what Kacey have to say. :D

ASK YOURSELF THIS: WHO IS THE TOP SINGER IN THE HMONG COMMUNITY?
By Wameng Moua, Hmong Today

Published Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ask yourself this: Who is the top singer in the Hmong community?

Can’t name anybody? After that person wins the “Hmong Idol� crown this upcoming winter, you will know who the best singer is.

Set to take place in early December, judges from the mainstream music industry will help determine who will be named “Hmong Idol�. This individual will win professional voice lessons, recording time in a professional music studio, and a record deal from Charming Records that includes the guidance of a nationally recognized producer.

“There are so many new, young talented singers and musicians in our community,� Kace Vang from Charming Records proclaims. “Hmong Idol will take them to the next level.�

Best known as the lead singer for the hit-group Destiny, Kace is very involved with the entertainment industry. Together since 1998, Kace and his bandmates have made a number of hit albums and have toured throughout the United States.

Drawing from experience and with industry connections, Kace is determined that through “Hmong Idol� he will discover the artist that he will “take mainstream�.

“The Hmong Idol winner will be judged not only on voice, but also on performance, appearance, tone quality and stage personality,� Kace reveals. “He or she will definitely have star appeal.�

Participants will be invited to display their talents in auditions, which will take place regularly throughout the fall and early winter. One of the surest ways to secure audition time is to send an audition tape / cd to “Hmong Idol�.

After the audition, judges will notify hopeful participants whether he or she will make the cut to perform at the “Hmong Idol Finals� event slated to take place in early December.

“Earning the chance to compete for Hmong Idol will be very competitive,� Kace explains. “Unfortunately we will need to let some talented people down, but we’ve got a small time frame and so we will only be able to invite the strongest, most talented performers to compete at the Finals.�

While the competitive nature of Hmong Idol will break some hearts, the event promises to be entertaining and filled with many pleasant surprises.

“This is a great opportunity for the entire Hmong community to support our young talented stars out there,� Kace urges. “Because without support, even the best talent will just fade away and never reach the fullest potential.�

Two sponsors have already jumped on the “Hmong Idol� bandwagon, as Hmong Today and Dara Thai have joined forces with Charming Records to produce the best possible event. Other business leaders are urged to consider sponsorship of this magnificent, uplifting event.

“When Kace proposed the idea to me, I couldn’t be more happy to lend my support to this wonderful event,� Hmong Today’s Wameng Moua announces. “We are always happy to support events that help elevate the Hmong community!�

How to participate in Hmong Idol:

Step 1: Send a tape or CD of your singing to: Hmong Idol, 1360 University Ave., Suite 104 – 461, St. Paul, MN 55104

Step 2: Wait to be invited to an audition, taking place throughout the fall and early winter.

Step 3: Audition in front of Hmong Idol judges, showcasing your voice, appearance and stage personality.

Step 4: Wait to be invited to Hmong Idol competition!

For more information on participating or sponsoring, call Charming Records at:

651-338-1606 or email questions to: hmongidol@hmongtoday.com

credit to: hmongtoday

oil_yui

sarNie Adult
hmong idol!!! this is very interesting....kacey got some brain there. :lol: j/p....i hope this will go well in our hmong community.....kacey is a good singer and i hope there's alot of people will go for a tryout.....i want to, but i'm a very bad singer... :lol: people will cover their ears while i'm singing..... :lol: thanks again for sharing.

Kelly

hey if anyone here is doing this let me know ahha....i'm not interested at all but yea...i would love to know who's doing it?

aZn_FrEaK

*~JUNSU'S DORK~*
interesting... i heard about this from a friend earlier.
wonder what gonna happen?? who's gonna win??
anyone here going??

pajnyiag

sarNie Egg
I totally support Kace Vang's purpose of producing Hmong Idol. I don't think he is completely doing this for his own pure pleasure. I feel that he's trying to show the world that Hmong people along with many other ethnicities are capable of being in the music industry too. Hmong Idol is definitely a step towards this perception. I, personally was and still am very excited about learning about this opportunity. I will be sending in my audition CD very soon and look forward to the competition. It's always great to have connections and have your voice heard, especially in the music industry. Good luck to all that participate in this competition!!

Mae

sarNie Adult
Easy question...Kace Vang is the best and top singer...hehehe...well, i'm a huge fan of Destiny....