Are women a depreciating asset?

none3

sarNie Hatchling
I came a across a topic on a certain forum, the topic was: What am I doing wrong?

Written by: Kounsreyyeak

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.
I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

This was the answer that was posted:

Dear Pers-431649184:
I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.
Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a cr@ppy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way.
Classic "pump and dump." I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know

What do you guys think??? :p :D :lol:

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
haha...good answer...like the guy said...if she was so "smart"...why ain't she making her own money?...smart women don't rely on men...they stand on their own two feet...also, if she's so "beautiful" some rich guy would've caught her by now and would've probably dumped her for a younger beauty...she's a depreciating asset indeed!...haha...the name looks asian...wonder if she's a wannabe blonde to increase her "assets"?...hmmmmm

jensen

sarNie Fansubber
omg this girl !!!!!! lhong tua eng laew hen kae ngern........... !!!!!!

She's spectacularly beautiful? hahahaha spectacularly funny too lol. She doesn't seem to find anything great about the other girls who get rich guys...Poor her, life is damn unfair...Why do good girls get good rich men but why superficial, spectacularly beautiful and classy girls like her dun get a super sugar daddy? We should protest to make the WHOLE world know that it's something very very bad lol...a real tragedy lol.

Everybody would love to have a girl like her, with beautiful appearance which would fade in a short time and nothing inside to like. But i think there's a solution for her : a very old and sick wealthy man so he wouldn't have to suffer his whole life with her lol, and blind (then he won't see that inside of her is empty), and deaf (to not hear her say million times that she's spectacularly beautiful).....

Just kidding wah lol...seriously i thought at the first lines of the message that it was a joke, or some lines in lakorns...But it's real hahahaha...I just wish this girl good luck cos she has very high expectations...I hope she saved some money for her medical care in case her dream doesn't come true n she falls down...Cos it will hurt much... Anyways one point for her cos she admits that her big interest is money when there r women who hide that...

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
haha, I read this the other day.

Just another sagging old gold-digger, I think she should date five guys who make 100K a year, or two guys who make 250K a year. It's simple math.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
bleh someone needs to slap her and tell her money isn't going to solve her problems when she marries some millionare that beats the living crap out of her everyday .. and what those girls are doing right that she isn't? Well first of all some may be just like her, but there are the good few that are not absolutely beautiful, but to their mate they are .... a wife material doesn't ask how much money you make before asking for your name ;] if I knew this girl I would totally have to bash her for being so retarded ... she like straight out embarrassed herself ....Her name sounds cambodian gawd I hope she isn't or else she'd be a bad example of cambodian women ... lame dumb person..

but then again i give her props for being honest about being a gold digger .. now you guys know which other girl to avoid :mellow:

i wish someone would post that kind of stuff on sarNworld .. at least there will be some entertainment =] like watching a gorilla at a zoo

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
hat a bonafied bitch liek sayign she being honest abotu beign superficial gonna make her posting this seem better but its not haha

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I heard about this on my local radio station that I listen to every morning while driving to school so this story is so not original. The girl who posted it totally got it off somewhere else. Loser!

Hahaha Ice I love your comment.

this thing is so old....i already read it last month..but this is still funny...

Here another answer to her reply:

Dear Pers-431649184:

Your also came across your posting with great interest. I am a 28 year old Wall Street trader who qualifies as an eligible suitor under your $500k/yr rule. In fact, I make over a million and can usher a woman into a comfortable, true middle class lifestyle (not like those 500k lower-middle class chumps who have to make do with the junior two-bedroom).

I am sympathetic to your goal in finding a rich man to marry. The milk needs to be sold by the expiration date. But since this is premium milk, why would you settle for less than premium prices? I would like to address some of the questions that were previously missed by the other gentleman and provide constructive advice on where to find your match.

I also do believe in the efficient market theory, and am surprised that $500k hasn’t found you yet. There are plenty of rich lawyers, investment bankers and hedgies to go around in this city. What gives? I think the problem might be that you have not been sufficiently focused in your search efforts.

The culprit, I believe, may be that you are also looking for qualities aside from money - such as looks, personality, and a sense of humor. However, men who have those qualities learn at an early age that they do not need money to attract quality women. As the saying goes, if you can get the milk for free, why pay up for the cow?

What you need to look for is someone who is long money, and short the other aspects. They are not easy to spot, since you are biologically wired to overlook and ignore them. However, the next time that you are at a expensive black tie event, and you are introduced to the short, bald, overweight man who fidgets nervously whilst making conversation with you, pay special attention to him.

Here’s an inspirational story for you. An acquaintance of mine who was also an classy and articulate woman as yourself was able to land that guy - who also happens to be one of the top ten guys at Google. This is the type of stuff that gold-digging moms read to their gold-digging daughters at bedtime. Perhaps you need to make a location change to Silicon Valley - miracles like these happen almost everyday in a land where you can randomly throw a rock and hit a rich nerd squarely in his Kim-jong Il glasses.

And as far as his deficiencies go, they turned out to be not so bad. With hundreds of millions in the bank, she’s been able to clean him up and give him a little sophistication. Think of it as a fixer-upper project with a massive budget (and yourself as a visionary real estate developer!). Although, I must warn you, it is a fine line you are flirting with - you must not overdo it lest he begins to attract younger women who are hotter than yourself. The trick is, you need build him up enough to be presentable, while simultaneously manipulate him into believing you are the best that he will ever do! That and having kids will be your insurance against your depreciation (or as I prefer to use the term, milk going sour).

I wish the best of luck on your sales project. As for me, I am also available for a short-term lease. However, for marriage I wouldn’t consider a woman unless she can bring beauty, brains and self-motivation to the table. I do not want to dilute my gene pool and end up raising a bunch of Paris Hiltons.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Someone please reply to her and tell her I'll take her!! I just have to give her an I.O.U. for now. ;)

As for the question you posed in your title, the answer is duh. I thought that guy answered it already. If you don't want to be a depreciating asset, you have to have qualities that will hedge your depreciating assets (.ie brains, money, power). If you want to hedge against your declining beauty and you're not born into money or power, then the only path to that would be education.

So get studying girls...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :loool:

yeah. some women are a depreciating asset. i agree. girl's got to be able to bring other assets to the table besides her looks. there are plenty of girls w/ the looks who can make their own money. she's not the only girl in the world. & some guys are smart enough to sense gold-diggers. ;)

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
some women just prefer to be taken care of. you got to respect that fact and some guys are rich enough to buy her. so at the end everyone is somewhat happy right? i prefer to take care of a guy though ahha anyone? JP!! im too poor.

it's troublesome when the girl doesn't even want to take care of the guy. :loool: hey. it happens. :arrg: