are most thai celebs mixed?? SO PALE!

MsPiggleWiggle

sarNie Egg
WHY are they as pale as the east asians, at least the major celebs are...what a great misrepresentation! i just started watching lakorns and if I didn't know better i wouldv'e thought all thais are pale...=)
does anyone know any thai celebs who are mixed with east asian blood?

yaksoh

sarNie Juvenile
Ann - from the princess movie
Alissa - Leh ratee
Stephan - Sai yai ...
Mark - two couple
Andrew Gregson - movie tat he played w/ kob

and those lilo kid actors & actresses - don't know name
tat's has far as I know

what do you mean "east asians"? as in korea, japan, china? or do you mean asians living in the US?

anyways, there's a ton of celebrities in the industry who are mixed with european/american ancestry (well over half of the industry, actually)...the ones listed above (in Yaksoh's posting) are all mixed with either european ethnicities or american...

icebé

sarNie Egg
lol, u know in every country the stars aren't representing the majority of people, but what the people think is pretty/handsome (what i mean is for example, no one in america -or should i say most people??-wants to see a fat tvstar, cuz it's not considered as pretty (lol i know, bad example)...) as for thailand, pale skin is considered as most pretty so far (even to that extend that mixed people easily can become stars)... so of curz u would see more lightskinned stars than darkcoloured ones ...lol, hope u get what i mean^.^ cuz i know my english isn't the best, and please don't get offended if i used the wrong words

but then again, i think thai people look diverse anyway so i think it's ok that the stars are mostly pale, thailand is not like japan/korea/china which all have a typical look so that u will know whether it's a japanese/korean or chinese person... in thailand,nearly everyone is mixed with another nationality somewhere along the bloodline...when i look at my family there's thai mixed swedish, thai mixed swiss, thai mixed chinese, thai mixed malaysian ...(lol, my family is huge 555)... many people are thai mixed with chinese /laos/ khmer/ (cuz they'r our ancestors...) somewhere along the bloodline (i heard even our King has chinese blood!!!)...

that's why there are naturally darkskinned thais, but there are naturally light skinned thais too... my mom for example is full thai and pretty lightskinned, people in the north (for example chiang mai) are naturally light skinned... and u will see many people in bangkok who are lightskinned cuz of whitening soap and staffs like that... uc they are really booming becuz of our need-to-be-lightskinned-obsession 5555... so the skin colour is also kinda a matter of how u take care of urself and how much u are exposed to the sun...

bout thai stars mixed with east asian blood: lydia, ...duh, maybe i'll come back later to this again

Calisto

sarNie Hatchling
yeah maybe that's what make thai stars unique. but then again it just depend on how you see it like japan/korea//china you will rarely see one mixed with white (maybe mixed japanese/korean which hard to tell). maybe they're just proud that way unlike thai kinda white-washed. for me i don't really care if they're mixed with white as long as they can act but it's annoying when you get in the biz only for your looks like stefan and can't act. i really can't stand that.

cecilia

Staff member
the thing is that when you see a thai actors/actresses, you can still see the distinguish look between them and other asian.
i don't know. i'm used to seeing mix actors/actresses - that it's okay to be beautiful and have talent than to have poor acting with looks ..

diana507

sarNie Juvenile
i would say that most are mixed with european or american decesendants...but i dont think it represents the whole country, bc most thais arent mixed so they arent as light skinned

MsPiggleWiggle

sarNie Egg
i agree that a lot of stars any country are mixed but i mean that its sad that big roles mostly goes to pale skinned actors, same goes with the skinny large breasted american actresses. u get what i mean? hahah i think im begining to confuse myself.

as for many of the actors, to tell you the truth I CANt tell them apart from japan/china/korea. i was watching Jam Loey Rak and my mother peeped and ask me if i was watching a taiwanese or korean movie. like if u told me aff or aum were chinese, i'd totally believe it.

nothing against the pale skin population, im pale too except instead of whitening soap i worship the sun and tan as often as i can...=)..my elders are always screaming at me to leave my skin pale but i think in amercan culture, tanned is more desirable because it creates an exotic touch...

thanks for your imput!

MsPiggleWiggle

sarNie Egg
yeah maybe that's what make thai stars unique. but then again it just depend on how you see it like japan/korea//china you will rarely see one mixed with white (maybe mixed japanese/korean which hard to tell). maybe they're just proud that way unlike thai kinda white-washed. for me i don't really care if they're mixed with white as long as they can act but it's annoying when you get in the biz only for your looks like stefan and can't act. i really can't stand that.

tis the sad truth of life....good looks can get you everywhere! =)

diana507

sarNie Juvenile
i agree that a lot of stars any country are mixed but i mean that its sad that big roles mostly goes to pale skinned actors, same goes with the skinny large breasted american actresses. u get what i mean? hahah i think im begining to confuse myself.

as for many of the actors, to tell you the truth I CANt tell them apart from japan/china/korea. i was watching Jam Loey Rak and my mother peeped and ask me if i was watching a taiwanese or korean movie. like if u told me aff or aum were chinese, i'd totally believe it.

nothing against the pale skin population, im pale too except instead of whitening soap i worship the sun and tan as often as i can...=)..my elders are always screaming at me to leave my skin pale but i think in amercan culture, tanned is more desirable because it creates an exotic touch...

thanks for your imput!
haha i tan alot too! my mom is always telling not to, bc she thinks white skin looks prettier.
and i dont think any of the thai actors/actresses look chinese, japanese or korean lol, i can kinda tell most of them apart sometimes its kinda hard though

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid

thanks for your imput!
u think aff look chinese? she's very thai looking to me. anyway thai people are pretty diverse on looks like khmer and lao people too. i know deres dis stereotype out dere dat most khmer/thai/lao people are dark but of course dat aint true. i'm khmer and people speak spanish to me cause they think i'm from some south american country :blink: then they think my mom is from da phillipines and then people think my daddy is white and da list goes on LOL but anyway, most of dem celebs use whiteners na cause asian people think light skin is beautiful. deres a lotttt of clinics in thailand where u can get ur skin lightened too.

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
Pale skin=Beautiful, not just in Thailand but Asia.

I think there's actually more full Thais than mixed Thais in the industry but the mixed ones are just more recognized, which is quite sad.

A good representation of full Thais: Kob, Aff, Jui, Benz, Bee N, Numfon K, Cherry, Ae, Vicki, Janie, Tik K, Joy, Tao S, Pim, Khem R, Ken, Aum A, Tik J, Captain, Vee, Mos, Puri, Chakrit, Kade, Dan, Por....you get the point :p

MsPiggleWiggle

sarNie Egg
u think aff look chinese? she's very thai looking to me. anyway thai people are pretty diverse on looks like khmer and lao people too. i know deres dis stereotype out dere dat most khmer/thai/lao people are dark but of course dat aint true. i'm khmer and people speak spanish to me cause they think i'm from some south american country :blink: then they think my mom is from da phillipines and then people think my daddy is white and da list goes on LOL but anyway, most of dem celebs use whiteners na cause asian people think light skin is beautiful. deres a lotttt of clinics in thailand where u can get ur skin lightened too.

actually my first take on aff is korean, cuz of the hair and make up.....she doesnt look very thai to me...
like i said there are a lot of actors/actresses that i cant tell the diff if they are east asian or thai....=X

its true , i cant think of a single asian country that does not value pale skin....after watching lakorn it made me appreciate my pale skin a bit more.. B) so i guess no more tanning, saves me from skin cancer anyway
i think alot of people think im filpino, even the filipinos think i am..... so go figure

ps..this may be stupid question but is khmer pronounced kai-mer???

MsPiggleWiggle

sarNie Egg

I think there's actually more full Thais than mixed Thais in the industry but the mixed ones are just more recognized, which is quite sad.

A good representation of full Thais: Kob, Aff, Jui, Benz, Bee N, Numfon K, Cherry, Ae, Vicki, Janie, Tik K, Joy, Tao S, Pim, Khem R, Ken, Aum A, Tik J, Captain, Vee, Mos, Puri, Chakrit, Kade, Dan, Por....you get the point :p

tis true...alllll asians associate pale skin with gentilty and therefore highly valued...my grandparents suck their teeth and call me ugly when i tan, they say that they are ashamed to show me to the relatives..like wtf i should go tan and change my hair to a pink mohawk just to piss them off...hahahahah :p ....

i just hate that most dark skinned actors/actresses get menial roles or servant roles...always the local fruit vendor or garden boy or maid....i think thats effed up........i only recall seeing one dark skinned actor who had a pretty big role ......the gay guy from the oum rak with Ken and Ann...then again i havent seenn soooooooooooo many lakorn to make such a big statement. Plz correct me if i am wrong

<3 <3 tik and aum a :rolleyes:

sirena

sarNie Adult
of course LOOK at ME!!!! :p

im mix :p im thai, russian, norweigan, and african

my real name is not sirena

its Olga xD :p :p :loool:

Mai*

sarNie Elites
lol Aff is named na'ek nah Thai, so if she looks korean, must be lighting and makeup

most of those people like Tik K, Cherry, Janie, Vicki are part chinese

As fo Bee Namthip, she's part farang na.

MsPiggleWiggle

sarNie Egg
lol Aff is named na'ek nah Thai, so if she looks korean, must be lighting and makeup
most of those people like Tik K, Cherry, Janie, Vicki are part chinese

As fo Bee Namthip, she's part farang na.

plz educate me...what is naek nah thai? really is tik part chinese? he looks like chinese actors Edison Chan/Daniel Wu all mixed up...

MsPiggleWiggle

sarNie Egg
of course LOOK at ME!!!! :p

im mix :p im thai, russian, norweigan, and african

my real name is not sirena

its Olga xD :p :p :loool:

i wouldve never guessed that you were sooo culturally diversed, judgeing from your avatar pic i wouldve thought u were south east asian... do you speak any of the above lingos?