Applying for College.

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
I don't get what resideny is. Anyone know? I don't want to click the wrong one. Though I was going to click US Citizen - Non Resident.

If not, what is your residency status?
** none selected Dual National Non-Resident Alien Other Refugee/Asylee Resident Alien Temporary Protected Status United States Citizen -- Non Resident Unknown

What is your State of residence?

** none selected Alaska Alabama Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut District of Columbia Delaware Florida Georgia Guam Hawaii Iowa Idaho Illinois Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Massachusetts Maryland Maine Michigan Minnesota Missouri Mississippi Montana North Carolina North Dakota Nebraska New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico Nevada New York Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Puerto Rico Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Virginia Virgin Islands Vermont Washington Wisconsin West Virginia Wyoming American Samoa North Mariana Islands Fed States Micronesia Marshall Islands Palau Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Nova Scotia Northwest Territories Ontario Prince Edward Island Saskatchewan Nunavut Newfoundland&Labrador Quebec Yukon Territory

If U.S. resident, how long have you lived in the state listed above?**

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Residency is Basically how long you've been living somewhere. Are you going out of state? If NOT then don't worry about it you'd be considered a Resident. As long as you've lived in the current state for 2 plus years I believe (This could be wrong because when I applied 2 years was considered resident not sure about now).

Basically it's just asking you how long you've lived in the state that you currently live in at least that's what I think it is

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Example: I was born and raised in the United States, so my status would be United States Citizen.My state of residency would be Oregon because I'm from here.