Anyone traveled to Thailand recently?

Nisha

sarNie Hatchling
don't buy it online. you will save more if you go through an agency. I save over thousand. I just came back from Thailand. Online the price is $2000.00 but if you buy from an agency, its should be around $1200.00

mokka

sarNie Adult
if you are a student, you should ask if they have student's discount too... but yeah, getting off an agency is cheaper

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
I'm not a student anymore. I found a ticket about $870 excluding tax and fees (and two stops). If you add tax and fees, it would be around $1300. I'm just trying to compare cost. When buying through an agency, is the date flexible? Does the price vary based on the time of the year?

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
I believe it does... I think it cost more when you go in Dec. compare to June-Aug.
Do you know if you have to pay cash when buy through (Hmong) agency? I'm not sure if agencies are reliable and trustworthy.
I can't believe that I couldn't even find any flights to Laos on the web.

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
my cousin's husband has a travel agency that he runs on the side. i went twice an i bought thru him. it was cheaper buying from him. there are some bad apples out there who cheat you so be careful. i know this one guy where his bro-in-law's brother cheated old hmong people when they bought thru his agency.

NploojSiabHlub

sarNie Egg
I believe it does... I think it cost more when you go in Dec. compare to June-Aug.
Yes....ticket prices going to Thailand and Laos are up and down by the seasons only.

February - May........CHEAP

June - August.........EXPENSIVE

September - November...CHEAP

December - January.....EXPENSIVE

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Thanks all. I think I'll just buy online from trustworthy sites that most people usually buy from. I don't care about the dates, as long as it's a bit cheap.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
I finally bought my ticket online for $1157 total to travel in mid September, the cheapest I found thus far.