Anyone know how to set up call tones?

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Hi all,
I wasn't even aware you could do this, but my sister's friend has it set up on her phone.

How to you set up a call tone on your phone? Is this specific to a particular model or carrier or program that I have to set up with the carrier?
I don't need to know how to download them as Sprint and Verizon charge for downloads, but if I have songs/sounds on my phone already and just want to set those as call tones ~ can I do that?

For those that may not be so familiar with a call tone, it's a song/tone that you set up for people calling into your number.
I.e. if my sister called me, instead of hearing the ringing tone while waiting for me to pick up, she'd hear a particular tone/song of my choice.

I've been playing around with my phone and hers and couldn't figure out how to do it.

I've got the LG Chocolate phone with Verizon and my sister has the LG Fusic through Sprint.

Any help? Thanks!

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
I knew that from Thailand
It's like u listen to a song before the person pick up
At first i tought it was the msg lol

Well from what I know u have to pay per month for this -_-
U can choose from a special website for this

But i dun live in the US so i dunno their system :lol:

donna

sarNie Adult
when i put a call tone on my phone, i get it from the sprint dl site. for verizon i think that it's the same. not too sure tho. my friend has a chocolate phone. she got it when it first came out and just finally figured out how to dl songs to her phone

noungning

Heartless
um ok from what i know this is on verizon called the ringback service. u can probably find out the info on their page just search for ringback service. my friend has this and he's gay for choosing the song he has on but anyways... um it's a service of like $1 a month for the service added to your monthly bill, you pick a song from their list and program it as the song u want.

i had this on my cell phone when i was in thailand. lol and my bf uses my number now so he has it too! but in thailand we had to call in this place that they had it and pick out songs we want doe particular people or have randoms songs play. it's about the same price as here too $1 a month.

but i hope i provided u with enough info.