Any Khmai speakers here?

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
LOL! Yeah like the person above...the title translate to "begging god".

This song is actually easier than the previous one.

Anways...I find khmer language a difficult language.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
oh my goooooodnesss yess dat dude who look sleepy all da time he has a real nice voice. my cousin likes preap sovath's voice but i'm like he sound like a ghetto khmer man like all our uncles LMAO thanks for da links russe even though it might not have been specifically for me LOL

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Thank you! I love Khmer songs. I noticed that they emphasize the drums a lot, which is a plus. I love the sound of the drums, that's why I really like it. It has a good rockish feel. Thanks again!

SARY

sarNie Egg
I think "doht vehah" is just a big phrase for the "sky" or actually i think my mom said its the old language sanskrit for sky, which only monks can understand/study it, used commonly during our Khmer Empire era of Angkor Watt...but dont take my words as correct....

russe

sarNie Adult
I think "doht vehah" is just a big phrase for the "sky" or actually i think my mom said its the old language sanskrit for sky, which only monks can understand/study it, used commonly during our Khmer Empire era of Angkor Watt...but dont take my words as correct....
Tngai bak ro seal

when he said "Tngai bak ro seal, pler ch'ral dort doth vehah" means In the evening, lights ups like the sky is burning.
"dorth" means burn

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
I thought "ro-seal" means afternoon. It's more in the around 1-4 pm time frame. "ro-ngad" I thought means evening. :huh:

snluvdrama12

sarNie Egg
Thanks so much for translating. I didn't know some of the words too but now I do. Learning is definitely a never ending process.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
you know what i noticed about Khmer songs? that they use a lot of the same words just to fill in space...i was listening to a preap sovath song, cuz my little sister loves him, and he uses like, 3 synonyms for some word in the same line...i thought that was weird...but i notice they do that sometimes, to make the song sound good, but it's a little redundant...cuz when you translate it, it's actually shorter than what it looks to be

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
Tngai bak ro seal

when he said "Tngai bak ro seal, pler ch'ral dort doth vehah" means In the evening, lights ups like the sky is burning.
"dorth" means burn
i thought "cheh" means burn, or is "dorth" another word for burn?

btw, great work smileD!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
there are actually many similiar words..but not all the words that sound the same have the same meaning so i find!...

LOL lome ..so this is your new obsession!?

i know that some of the song have very very deep meaning..many of the khmer songs that i listen to i hardly know what they are singing about!..i only know the basic...khmer gosh enough to slide by..but if someone starts using big vocabulary..hmm...even the khmer/english dictionary cant help me..

but it is always nice to learn another language!

ps..and who are you gonna use that "oun srawlanh bong" to huh lome???!!! :p

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
there are actually many similiar words..but not all the words that sound the same have the same meaning so i find!...

LOL lome ..so this is your new obsession!?

i know that some of the song have very very deep meaning..many of the khmer songs that i listen to i hardly know what they are singing about!..i only know the basic...khmer gosh enough to slide by..but if someone starts using big vocabulary..hmm...even the khmer/english dictionary cant help me..

but it is always nice to learn another language!

ps..and who are you gonna use that "oun srawlanh bong" to huh lome???!!! :p
When I find a tall, dark and handsome Khmai man. :D