Any good websites?

water500cc

sarNie Egg
Hi guys,

I plan to go to Thailand (BKK) and to study Thai for a year...hoping I can go there perhaps in Feb. 09 or Mar. 09.
I have been searching for a place to stay for couple months now.
Just wondering if anyone knows a good website please let me know.

I've been to at least over 10 websites..and surfed at least 100 of places to compare - I do have some added as favorite to put into consideration - but it'll be great if anyone here knows any good places or websites to share with me B)

I don't need anything too fancy...studio will be just fine - please do not over 10,000B cuz I'm not rich :D
Any area in BKK will be fine as long it's near BTS or MRT.

Any help will be appreciated! ;)

Thanks!!

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
hmm not sure of any good websites but u should check out BAAN SATHORN CHAO PRAYA CONDOS....super nice, i have a condo there and i loveeeee it, it has an awesome view of the river but its a VERY BUSY area, but thats what i love about it, and its across the sathorn bridge so you can take a ferry to get across and its just nice, i love it!

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
oh ooops i see you dont wanna spend more than 10,000bahts, well then i guess baan sathorn is probly not for you then

noungning

Heartless
u can get a really cheap apartment for close to 5000baht a month... well if it's a smaller place that isn't so high maintenance.

but why do u decide to go now? it's kinda freaking unstable there... bombings and shootings all over the city... kinda scary.

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
not all of BKK is bad, just depends what area you live in....of course if youre in the 'ghetto' part thers bombings and shootings haha
its not really that unsafe there

noungning

Heartless
political instability is basically covering all of bangkok... so if u are in bangkok... it is basically dangerous... demonstrations, strikes, then we have the markets being bombed by land owners, lol gosh.. it's currently a big mess.

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
was just there a few wks ago, didnt seem unsafe to me at all....and im goin there in like 2 wks, im not worried at all

water500cc

sarNie Egg
hey guys thanks for the reply ;)
and thanks to jtepe for telling me that location ~ i know there are many super nice condos ~ but too expensive for me lol
i'd rather save the money for traveling around :p

all the news..etc. etc does not effect me at all
i don't really think it matters
if it does, what about all those ppl living in BKK right now eh? must be scared to death?! heh

it's dangerous everywhere! you could be walking on the street and get killed by some drunk driver...it's all possible
i think if it's your time then it's your time...life is too short - if not now, then it could be never :rolleyes:

btw, i was in Thailand (PTY) when the bombers strike Bangkok....it wasn't until the next day my friend and i were watching news in our hotel and found out what happened...after that we went back to BKK..and I still went shop around and seek around - didn't bother me at all :p
it's just i go out with my backpack all the time and it had to be checked all the time :lol:

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
haha ^^^^^^^^^ exactly, its dangerous everywhere, i lived in bangkok for the last 8 months and.....im still alive! haha sure you hear bout the bad stuff on the news all the time, but that stuff happens everywhere.

noungning

Heartless
lol i don't think u 2 understand what i'm talking about.

i know everywhere is dangerous... and i've survived in bkk also... i'm just talking about the very active demonstrations in bkk right now. two very politically active parties going at it... the PAD and the um what's that other side... whatever it's called... it's more stirred up...

overall everywhere on earth is dangerous, and this i know... silly. because i've been in bkk and know that i won't get robbed if i'm not stupid enough to walk around flashing my jewels and gold.

i know of the people in bangkok that even insist that it's getting very dangerous to walk the streets in worry that they'd be thrown some bomb at because they happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

but i'm not talking about ur average "thailand is a dangerous place" here because i personally don't think it's that bad if u have common sense.

water500cc

sarNie Egg
i'm pretty sure we'll have a "common sense" here B)

i grew up in Taiwan - it's always unstable there
if Taiwan is as big as Thailand, trust me - it'll be even more dangerous
but sadly Taiwan is so freaking small - so a lot of ppl grew up in fear - fearing China will throw a bomb and the entire island (Taiwan) will sink

but nowadays it's 'almost' impossible for China to be throwing a bomb at Taiwan - so kids now don't have to fear that :p
and the military now in Taiwan is basibally 50-80% useless

anyway, that's way off topic...i'll be glad if we can stick to the original topic B)

btw..when I say websites I mean sites like...
http://www.mrroomfinder.com/
http://www.thaiapartment.com/

this is one of the apt i found about a month ago
http://www.greenhousemansion.com/ (i think their web is temp down)
it seems pretty good even though to BTS/MRT is a bit of distance but in that area i think it's fine

I did a lot of searching on google..etc. already - so I'm not asking any of you guys here to do my job for me ~

The reason I had this topic is maybe some of you guys here knows a very good website that I'm not aware of - or knows someone who lives in BKK and knows where to rent or to recommend :rolleyes:

Tks again ~ ;)

noungning

Heartless
sorry to be off topic... was just making u aware of the current political stance that's all. which if u're not caring for other aspects of thailand much, but just for the good things, it might not be so obvious for outsiders.

as for looking for a cheaper apartment online.. it's like looking for cheap apartments in the USA online... u're not going to find the cheap ones online. the cheap ones aren't too techy to get online and post em... especially in thailand...? um... u're better off looking for it when u're there. because u'll see signs hanging outside those apartments 500baht a night or 3000 baht a month...

the best resource is probably taxi drivers lmfao... but yeah no doubt u'd get ripped off... but eh...

i think jojo maybe able to help u out, she's always looking for stuff in thailand online for ppl... so she may have some good sites...

u can also rent hotel rooms monthly... there are some nice hotel rooms that section off their hotel as residence and rents them out monthly around ladprow area... i remember seeing an ad, it even comes with parking and full furniture...

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
^^^ yeah exactly jojo might be able to help haha

she was helping me find houses in BKK and gave me some helpful websites haha

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
damn arnt i popular lol good job i came to this thread hey! lol yeh thai is gettin kinda weird lately but yeah i have to live with it as living here haha ill PM u some sites or something later on

water500cc

sarNie Egg
thanks guys :lol:

don't worry about it noungning ~ it's always good and fun to discuss all kinds of things with ppl online
even you don't know that person lol

i know there are cheap cheap ones out there ~ but those may not be safe or too crappy
some are cheap but other fees are high (electricity & water)
i had a fd who lived in a cheap apt before...super cheap but the electricity & water were so high

also i'd prefer a place where they have a security guard...(even if he sleeps in his job :lol:)
and of course near BTS or MRT - a lot of the cheap ones i found online are too far :rolleyes:

*Ice*

sarNie Adult

water500cc

sarNie Egg
thanks icebkk :lol:

i plan to stay for a year (if possible more than that)
most of the ones i found require 3months / half year / 1 year so i'm pretty sure i'll be fine as of regarding to the contract

i did find one hotel for 6months contract starting 5,600 - 5,800
but

Electricity: 6 baht / unit
Water Supply: 1-5 unit 120 baht. Next unit 22 baht

seems awful high - even compare to the others i've found <_<

I really have no clue under "normal" usage of electricity/water how much it may be in average per month. (some told me $3000+ some told me $1800~$2500 @_@)

I'm trying to stay in the 10,000B budget range per months (that includes water & electricity).
So yeah...hopefully it's not mission impossible :p

It's just so hard to look at PICTURES online and not being able to see the ACTUAL stuffs.
And of course if you see it...you'll never know what it's really like once you live in it.... :rolleyes:

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
ur welcome well maybe u can like stay in a hotel first and then like look visual at places half of them site are not updated bcoz they take the pics wen the rooms look their best and it takes u by supprise wen u see it but any way good luck on tryna find a place that cheap

darvil

sarNie Adult
have you checked out thaivisa.com in classified? You might even consider asking people there although alot of them are expats so they have money.

I have to ask though, where are you studying? Are you going to be in a school or something? Then its probably better for you to let us know which area you'll be living at. If you're just going to immerse yourself in thailand then I'm not sure what your plans are in order to learn it.