[ANIME] Kaze Tachinu (The Wind Rises)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
The Wind Rises
 ​
 ​
The Wind Rises (風立ちぬ?, Kaze Tachinu) is a 2013 Japanese animated historical fantasy film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki.[1] The film is based on the manga of the same name, which is in turn based on a short story by Tatsuo Hori, a writer, poet and translator from mid-20th century (Showa period) Japan. Kaze Tachinu is a fictionalised biography of Jiro Horikoshi, designer of the Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighter aircraft which served in World War II.​
 ​
 ​
trailer​
credit: tiff​

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I want to see this movie.  I've always been a fan of Hayao Miyazaki's work... and this one so far just based on the trailer doesn't fail to impress me... I know it'll be sad already though.. I love the music as well.  Joe Hisashi always does wonder with his music. <3  I just love watching historical related movies.

I'm happy to know that it's going to be showed over at the Toronto International Film Festival too :D

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
I also love watching historical anime too ^_^ I think I watched every one in gogoanime already. LOL.
I watched one where a little girl was separated from her family because of a war. Then, sadly, her family all died except for her brother. I swear, even though I'm not Japanese it was so heart breaking! 
The Wind Rises will definitely be on my watch list because Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki  never fail to make such sad and wonderful animes.   ^_^ My Neighbor Totoro was cute!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ it's been awhile since I last watched an anime... I think the last one was... Chihayafuru 2 :) 

And if my guess is correct, were you referring to Graves of the Fireflies?  If so, that is one of my favorite classics.  It's too sad though.. that I can't rewatch it that much or else I'll get teary.  Both the anime and live adaptation were good.

Studio Ghibli makes such great touching films.

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
No, but Grave of the Fireflies was the first anime I watched. Yes, and it was so sad and heart touching >.< 
About the one I was referring I forgot the title because I don't remember watching it on gogoanime, but on mysoju. Wonder why there's no mysoju anymore?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ you watched it on mysoju?  I don't remember or recall mysoju posting up anime.. but anyways... mysoju has been gone for awhile... dramacrazy now too... I was so sad when i found out dc's site closed.. wahhhh :(

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I finally got the chance to watch this movie at the theater.. released here in America.

I enjoyed the movie.. but I must say I wasn't left with an impression or impact much... that's what I was telling my friend (who went with me).  I think it's because I've seen so many of his movies that they left a deep impression with each one.

It's been an hour since I've seen it... and now I'm still in my thinking process of the movie.  I'm actually going back on my words-ish.. There wasn't a deep impression left on me but.. I did enjoy the impression of how the story focused on Jiro's dedication in making the plane.  Though it was made for war, it was his own specific creation.. his beautiful dream creation..  It just so happened that his creation was used for the war.  I like the fact that it focused on Jiro's dream.. and how the movie was left neutral... not for or against war.. more of like a pacifist.  And oh goodness, I loved the soundtrack.. watched the whole credit as well just so I can listen to the whole thing.  A beautiful and touching song.  (I loved it the first time I saw it on the trailer)

I guess all in all, I was left with an impression with the film in the end.. Now I'll have to take back my words I said to my friend lol :p

I must say that the quote by Paul Valery "The wind rises, we must try to live." is such a beautiful quote.  It leaves a good impression on the movie.  Being Hayao's last movie.. it was a good farewell film for his retirement.  I will truly miss him!  He's created so many wonderful and beautiful masterpieces.

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
aikoden said:
^ you watched it on mysoju?  I don't remember or recall mysoju posting up anime.. but anyways... mysoju has been gone for awhile... dramacrazy now too... I was so sad when i found out dc's site closed.. wahhhh :(

I don't know. It had been so long, so I don't remember where I watched that anime I mentioned up a few posts before. I'm sure mysoju has anime (mostly short ones if I recall correctly too), but maybe there weren't a lot of them. Who knows? If I didn't watch that anime on mysoju then I had no idea where I could have possibly watch it. LOL. 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Lol, it's been too long.  I'm just sad that most of my favorite streaming sites from back in the days closed down sigh... it's saddening since some of my favorite dramas are the old classic ones.. *sniffsniff* and now they can't be found.

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
aikoden said:
^ Lol, it's been too long.  I'm just sad that most of my favorite streaming sites from back in the days closed down sigh... it's saddening since some of my favorite dramas are the old classic ones.. *sniffsniff* and now they can't be found.
Yes, I can totally relate. I almost died when I found out mysoju was closed. LOL. There were so many good dramas and movies on my watch list. Now that I have more free time the site is gone.

About the movie, I forgot to mention, but I dislike the ending. I kind of feel like she shouldn't walk out on him...