[ANIME] Diamond no Ace

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Diamond no Ace aka Ace of Diamond  is a sports anime/manga about baseball.  :)

Do any of y'all read this manga?  I finally got back into my anime/manga mode and... was shocked to see that it's finally made into an anime, of course this made me a happy gal :3  I actually enjoyed reading the manga a few years back... and so far the eps are going by pretty smooth.. but sigh.. I have to wait patienly every week again for new eps :( boohoo.

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
My sister have book 1 and 2, but I haven't really look at it mainly because I don't like baseball. But since you read the manga and is watching the anime I might as well try it!

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
Im such a big fan of BLEACH!!! I need to get back to my Anime.. I was tired of waiting 1 ep per week.. been like 3 months already haha..

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^Bleach is on a pause now though isn't it? If that's what I can recall....

Anyways, only a few more episodes to go for the anime.... I hope they'll make a second season or more continuation...

As for the manga... Oh gahhh I caught up with the latest chapters by reading raws and spoilers... It is so intriguing :)

I must admit I teared up a bit in volume 22... Bwaahhhh :( so saddening.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I took a pause on this thinking there was going to be only a season of it... to my surprise.. it's still ongoing.  It was originally supposed to end at 52 eps but they decided to end it in March 2015. 

I finally caught up on the anime and... oooohhh.. I got teary again because it's halfway with manga.. and that's like one of the saddest games ever... :( :( :(  I'm very satisfied though because the production for the anime is consistent and smooth <3

Because I was all into the anime again, I reread the manga... and found out that it ended?  But there's going to be a new part for it :D  I'm excited but wow.... I'm just curious when Sawamura will ever get to be Ace.  *sniffsniff* sigh.... I'm excited and hyped though.....  I'm like "my babiessss..." everytime my third years cried or when Sawamura improves kekeke ... my children... <3

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Hahaha.  I'm like only on ep 66 because I took a pause on everything.  I just realized that the first season ended with 75 eps?  I was surprised it went on longer than I expected.  I also realized that a second season is coming out soon too. Yay, I love this manga and I'm glad it's getting recognition.

But I'm just patiently waiting for the mangaka to continue the story now :)  Eiji really needs to be ace.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I'm finally catching up on season one from where I left off... And oh it has to be the sad parts of Sawamura. It's his Yips Arc. I was sad when I read it in the manga, and was even sadder when I saw the ep.. He's such a pitiful character..

Sigh, even though I know what is to happen since I read the manga and spoilers... I still can't help but dislike Furuya. At first I was fine as him being Sawamura's rival.. But when he starts getting seen or taking over left and right... It makes you wonder if Sawamura is the main character or not. (Though we know clearly that he is!). Sometime I just feel that he gets no love :(

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I just finished up the first season and.. I loved where they ended it.  Oh, the 3rd years retirement game.  Oh the last eps had so much emotions~~~

I just love the Chris/Sawamura combo... it's a pity that they were a battery for only such a short time.. but I love and respect their teacher/student relationship <3

Sigh, I wish the author came back from a break already so I would know how the story will develop(even though I have some ideas) but.. really, please make Sawamura the ace, instead of the cocky Furuya.. grrrr.  And please take out Ochiai.. I don't want to see anymore of him as coach.. blehhh!!  Sigh, I miss the manga updates.

Well, off I go to start season 2 :) but eeek, knowing what awaits... darn.  Oh well.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Darn, I have to wait weekly for new eps since I'm caught up on season 2. 

I remembered that Inashiro lost to a school, but forgot that it was this early on... hence Seidou's rivalry with them won't be until the near future.  Ooooo, I gotta go reread the manga again :)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I totally forgot where I left off.... but anyways, I just found this clip hilarious~~~~~ I saw it awhile back on FB but forgot the actual link so I found it on YT instead :p

Anime baseball in real life.... 5555555 XD I love it~~ See, it's possible.
Now we just gotta wait for some KNB to happen in real life :p j/k j/k :cbiggrin:

cr:luis

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
I remember seeing that video and I was just so amazed, LOL. It was pretty amazing. Really like this anime! Don't read the manga though.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I'm behind on the anime. From your post, I assume the 2nd season ended already.

I'm curious where it left off then. Will have to go catch up one of these days.

suky16

sarNie Egg
Yep, season two ended. Sooooo looking forward to season 3. Not sure when.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I just caught up on act 2 of the manga and... asdfalksfjlaskdjflaksd.. I seriously want to drop this manga at times because Furuya is always emphasized SO SO SO MUCH!

But anyways... I really forgot about my love for the addition of the new first years and Sawamura them being the senpais now. I love.. LOVE Sawamura's relationship with Koushuu. I like Miyuki but I really want to see Sawamura and Koushuu as a battery now after seeing him catch for him and Sawamura's funny speech to him before the catch hahaha... finally~~~~ and oh catcher Yui.. I hope you'll fall for Sawamura too and see who really is worthy to be called the ace in Seidou and want to catch for him. Coach Kataoka..... please don't disappoint me.

I just dislike the so call feeling of "Furuya no Ace" when I read the manga because Sawamura always get dissed or all the crap happens to him.... He's improved greatly you know but the story is always making him look bad by making him fail miserably at games or something... yikes!

Since my interests shifted again.. I'll be rewatching season 1 and catching up on season 2 afterwards..... Go Seidou~

edit: oh oh oh.. and congrats for 10 years of publication for this manga.. whoohoo~~ Now.. make him ace for reals now :pancarta:

Last edited:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
As much as I enjoy DnA, I'm starting to have difficulties re-reading and watching Furuya's scenes... grrr... I become impatient but.. I guess I should be kind and still wish his character a happy birthday since it is today lol 7/1 :risas3:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oh goodness, oh goodness. Yes... the latest chapter got me hyped. Eijun is finally on the mound and his first pitch against the cleanup hitter is a strike! Whoohooooo~~~ Time to make him shine~~~ he deserves it.. go Sawamura~~~~ I'm really curious to know though it the team will catch up since it is a 3 lead difference now. Stop them in their tracks~~ wheee.

oh yeah, I still haven't finished season 2 but I realized that it ended with Act 1 of the manga. So this means that there probably won't be a season 3 anytime soon since there's only 40+ chapters so far with Act 2... and there wouldn't be much to cover yet.. I wouldn't want to see random fillers just to milk the series.

Last edited: