[ANIME] Chihayafuru

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Is anyone into this anime/manga?  I am :)

I loved season 1 and tried to catch up on the manga.. but couldn't find any translated raws after the ending of season 1. 

I'm just super excited that there's a season 2!!!  Just got done watching the latest 3 eps.. and I sorta like the 2 new characters.. The new guy is funny :p

I hope there'll be some romance in season 2.. since the characters did develop in season 1.. but it's hard to pick who I want for Chihaya.. Taichi or Arata? :p  but overall, I like the kurota game concept.. I wish to see the characters continue improving.. and of course.. that Chihaya becomes the Queen of kurota :p

Sigh.. back to waiting for my weekly anime episodes to air.. :(

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Today's ep.. I loved the part where Taichi raises his hands and asks for a towel because it was so darn hot in the section they were at (the ac happened to be broken).  So many girls threw their towels at him, but he took Chihaya's towel.. hehe :)

I can't wait for next week's episode.  It airs every friday.

Oh goodness, I don't know who I'll want with Chihaya.. sort of rooting for Taichi & Chihaya now... *gulps*  Now off I go to read some of the manga chapters..

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oh my... Today's episode.. Oh the anticipation for the next one.. I hate darn cliffhangers.. grrrr...

So far, Chihaya's movement for Karuta is different.. She's trying to be strong like the Queen.. yet she's also playing like Hisashi... goodness, I bet she'll master those two's skills in no time!! oh... I'm excited excited..

just which school will be 1st and 2nd.. for the nationals... eek.

edit:  man! as much as I want to know what'll happen.. I can't because there's missing manga chapters.. oowaaahhhhhh :( give me raws.. give me raws.. :(

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
*sniffsniff*  Today's episode.. The team got second place for the nationals.. :(  but it's all good.  We see Chihaya getting stronger.. but sigh.. I pity Taichi though.. his one-sided admiration/love for Chihaya.. *sniffsniff* Oh Chihaya, must you read Arata's mail in front of him.. 

oh goodness, though the story focuses on mostly karuta, you just can't help but wonder who'll she end up with.. grrrr....

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Watching the recent eps, man Chihaya definitely has more competitors for the future Queen title... and I thought the current Queen was a threat :p

I have to admit that the earlier eps of Arata shocked me a bit when he was caught playing with a team... Like seriously what? You can't disqualify him from the independent tournament.. it's not his fault..

I feel like the queen has a thing for him.. you never know.. hehe.. because why would she help him out?

I don't know who to ship :3 hoohoohoo..

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
kyahhhhhhh... in yesterday's ep.. Chihaya's hand got injured noooooooooooooooooo......
oh goodness, I wonder what'll happen.. who'll win/lose... grrrrr...
it's nice to see that all the boys on the team got motivated towards the end to win..  good luck to the Mizusawa Team! :p

and LOL, I must say the Queen is just so hilarious.. so onfeminine LMAO.. and hoohoohoo.. she remembered Chihaya keke :D

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oi.. I loved today's ep.  Arata vs. the Queen...

Taichi winning the Class B Finals and finally moves up to be a Class A player..   :woot:  :dance1:  Fight-ooohhhh!

dum dum dum... this means you have one more opponent now Chihaya.  :3