Actor/Actess in lakorns Opinion

Tik_lover

sarNie Hatchling
My opinion on the lakorns in the future is that is being portray by the newer generation is disappointing because now a day there are like no good lakorns to watch anymore like in the old days. I feel like the script and the plot is always the same or boring. Nowadays there are zoo many remake of many GOOD lakorn which most remake always are failure with some successful. I feel like after the generation of Tik,Ken,Ann,Aff,Aum,Janie,Andrew, Poh,Chakrit, Chompoo,Ploy and many more verterns actor and actress. The Et will be good and bad because as of right now. Most people just care about the looks more than the acting. What's you opinion on this?

ch3eks

sarNie Hatchling
I completely agree. The overall quality of lakorns has been going downhill and I believe it'll continue to be that way for years to come. There are many factors as to why that is. First one being that most of today's generation actors and actresses are halfies who never grew up learning Thai so that highly affects their speech and pronunciation which in turn is a hindrance to their acting. It's hard to enjoy someone on screen or feel connected to someone's acting when they can't even talk properly. One of my biggest pet peeves is when these newbies mix up the L and R sound. I always hear "Chun Luk Ther" instead of "Ruk" and that just ruins the moment lol. Along with that, these newbies are so young and so caucasian looking. We're seeing 14 year olds pairing up with those who are old enough to be their fathers in a slap/kiss genre and that is rather disturbing. If producers and elders are really keen acting pairing people with big age differences then at least wait for the actress to be of legal age. Then we have those under 20 portraying professional business people, doctors, physicians etc and they totally lack the skills, demeanour and talent to tackle that kind of role. With so many half-caste newbies, it's come to a point where productions are blindly casting people without the consideration of suitable and talent. Whoever has the best connection to the producer gets the role over someone who has the talent and has been acting in the industry for many years. Not only that but whenever a period lakorn is being made or a lakorn that requires the main lead to be very Thai looking, we're forced to see yet again another young halfie. I don't know if it's the Thai fans who are demanding all these new inexperienced people or the elders themselves are just obsessed with the idea because of their success with 4HJHKK series. Either way, it goes to show that many people today are so vain, shallow and superficial. And you know what? I wouldn't really mind if they bring in all these newbies but be fair and let them earn their way to the top. Start off by casting them as supporting and wait to see the feedback before deciding to promote them further or not. Heck, put them in acting classes for a couple of months and see how they progress before allowing them to even make their debut. A lot of these new actors don't even know how to act nor do they have enough charisma and personality to really attract you to watch them. For those who actually have potential and are currently popular, continue to push them forward by giving them diverse roles. Stop stereotyping actors and actresses by keeping them in repetitive characters. How are they suppose to grow? If the newbies fail to succeed then they have to depend on their current actors and actresses to keep their popularity and how can they continue to be popular when they're always doing the same thing? Another thing to mention is that today's producers lack courage and originality by always sticking to their comfort zone and remaking the same old lakorns. It's become a tradition to see JLR and SB every 10 years now and it's sad that of all lakorns, it's the ones that consist of R scenes and sexual abuse that are most popular. My view on remakes is that producers should only remake lakorns because they either want to add a different flavour, style or dimension to the new version which adds more depth to the storyline, they thought the original was lacking and think they can do better or many fans have requested for it AND they have found the most suitable pairing to go along with it. Lastly, I feel like most people in the industry nowadays have such huge egos. People allow the fame to get to their heads to the point where they lack respect and discipline for themselves and for other people. Celebrities who are so scandalous and do wrong continue to get popular and support from the viewers because apparently it's okay to be scandalous as long as you're pretty, it's okay to do bad things as long as you attempt to make a half apology without any sincerity. I don't understand what fans are thinking these days lol. They're so raeng (harsh) and so demanding and attached to the image of koo jins where they're not open minded at all. It's rare to find an actress who is classy and graceful like those from back in the good olden days or actors who are actually respectful, handsome and masculine. The best generations for me will always during the prime time of the infamous Willy/Mew, Noom/Kob, Sam, Johnny, Ann etc. They all had the acting chops, personality AND looks, a combination that is unfortunately rare to found today. 

Tik_lover

sarNie Hatchling
I agree with EVERYTHING that you said. I feel like the ET is just full of actors with only the "Look" but LACKS talant and acting. I even though wasn't yet born during the time when there were Willy, Mew, Johnny Anfone, Nok Chatchai, Ann, Ken and Tik including many more vertern actor and actress but by going back to watch the golden era old lakorns in the old days and compare them to the lakorns now a days. I can see that the Thai Industry has changed so much. The actor and actress these days can't even cry or express their emotion out. Just because they're popular and is famous, doesn't mean that they have good acting. Which most producer just happen to do that because they probably think that by casting a popular actor and actress in their lakorn, maybe the lakorn will gain popularity. But I guess it's not what they expect, because to be able to have a successful lakorn, you must pick people who came actually act and make the viewers feel the pain or the mood in the lakorn. I miss the golden Era where there were so many tanlanted actor and actress that all came in full package.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
What I can say is today thai industry, sorry to tell that, 90% of newbies are halfies -ch3 is at the top on this matter. And sometimes I think it is a little too sad because it is pushing the idea that beauty = white looking light skinned woman/man in a country where majority of people are dark skinned and their features are different from westerners and I think to myself what do they really feel ? Some of my fav actresses are halfies since they proved they can act but sometimes I miss thai authentic beauties. Anyway just my 2 cents on this matter

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
I'm so annoyed of Ch3 conservative rules, cutting out good scene making fans do a complaint 

orchieY

sarNie Hatchling
I have to agree with what is saying here because Thai Et nowadays will never be like how it is in the old days. From the award Winning to producing Lakorn, all these newbies actors/actress lack so many talents and is very basis. I miss watching all the old actors/actress although some vertren actors are not the best but still is 10 better then those right now. Thai Et is so boring now.

orchieY

sarNie Hatchling
preetam said:
What I can say is today thai industry, sorry to tell that, 90% of newbies are halfies -ch3 is at the top on this matter. And sometimes I think it is a little too sad because it is pushing the idea that beauty = white looking light skinned woman/man in a country where majority of people are dark skinned and their features are different from westerners and I think to myself what do they really feel ? Some of my fav actresses are halfies since they proved they can act but sometimes I miss thai authentic beauties. Anyway just my 2 cents on this matter
so true

Tik_lover

sarNie Hatchling
I'm scare that after the older generation actor and actress retire..the ET will be a mess. And if you look at today where most actors are winning awards, most of the fans just vote for their idol just for the look but not the talant and the acting skill. I hate how most producer just choose an actor to act in his or her lakorn because one, he is famous or two he is good looking but lack skill. I don't know how you guys feel but I'm getting sick and tire of the same scene in lakorns being repeated over and over. Same goes to the same couple being paired up over and over again. I want to bring all of the older generation back!

sarN

sarNie Granny
I completely understand . I came back after 5 years absent and every lakorn i saw had newbies . I do not know who to follow or who actor/actress is good. I felt like everyone left the island  :scratchhead2: and left me  w/ Gayu . I'm trying to watch more lakorn to warm up to the newbies but I'm completely lost when the newbies really suck , good example , I watch Bomb 's lakorn .

orchieY

sarNie Hatchling
Tik_lover said:
I'm scare that after the older generation actor and actress retire..the ET will be a mess. And if you look at today where most actors are winning awards, most of the fans just vote for their idol just for the look but not the talant and the acting skill. I hate how most producer just choose an actor to act in his or her lakorn because one, he is famous or two he is good looking but lack skill. I don't know how you guys feel but I'm getting sick and tire of the same scene in lakorns being repeated over and over. Same goes to the same couple being paired up over and over again. I want to bring all of the older generation back!
I'm feeling u here. I used to follow the Thai Et awards but not anymore cause I just can't agree to any of the nomination. Everything is just so vain. I might seem so basis but it's just my opinion on Thai Et nowadays. I have friends who are the biggest Thai et obsessed who think the same too that Thai Et has gone down the hill so they tune to other Asian drama.

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
I dont think newbies in thai lakorns are not as bothersome to me as compared to tvb newbies, they dont make me cringe as much, majority of thai newbies do have talent, they just need to be trained more. But i know how it feels, I grew up watching predominantly chinese series esp tvb dramas, and it no longer attracts me because there are so many new people, and worse is you only get to see a few veterans left, only for them to be used to help push the newbies.

What annoys me most abt lakorns, is the amount of remakes!!!! Frustrates me so much that they practically remake EVERYTHING and ANYTHING, almost 80% of lakorns are remakes, im so sick and tired of just hearing that this and that is a remake, let alone watch it. Put some effort and thought for new ideas and storylines, otherwise dont expect the audiences to be excited and keep watching/supporting lakorns while they are forced to watch the same thing for the infinite times just with different people urgh!!! Sorry for rant lol

One thing i am really happy with the thai et and i hope the tradition continues are the beautiful OSTs, and how it reflects the individual lakorns. And how their music mvs actually tells a story instead of ppl showing off their bodies and skin lol

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
bubbles8 said:
I dont think newbies in thai lakorns are not as bothersome to me as compared to tvb newbies, they dont make me cringe as much, majority of thai newbies do have talent, they just need to be trained more. But i know how it feels, I grew up watching predominantly chinese series esp tvb dramas, and it no longer attracts me because there are so many new people, and worse is you only get to see a few veterans left, only for them to be used to help push the newbies.

What annoys me most abt lakorns, is the amount of remakes!!!! Frustrates me so much that they practically remake EVERYTHING and ANYTHING, almost 80% of lakorns are remakes, im so sick and tired of just hearing that this and that is a remake, let alone watch it. Put some effort and thought for new ideas and storylines, otherwise dont expect the audiences to be excited and keep watching/supporting lakorns while they are forced to watch the same thing for the infinite times just with different people urgh!!! Sorry for rant lol

One thing i am really happy with the thai et and i hope the tradition continues are the beautiful OSTs, and how it reflects the individual lakorns. And how their music mvs actually tells a story instead of ppl showing off their bodies and skin lol
i wouldn't mind if they continue to remake as long they don't cut the good scene 

sarN

sarNie Granny
about remake , i don't mind really as long as it better than the original or at least make it more interesting , KOOKUM was the best remake for me , ok maybe i'm basis  :bhehe: & Look Tas was great too just that the p'ek was to light/fair skinned to be a salve but i can by past that because of the good setting/story-line. And there are remake that's just awful too. 2015 does have the most remake ever and it seen to continue w/ even more to come , shoot at this rate I'm not surprise if JLR & SB is up for a remake  :yes:

Tik_lover

sarNie Hatchling
No Sawan Biang an Jumluey Ruk better not be remake. Because the newbies now a days can't cry,bring out the emotion or act by showing face expression. If they do remake SB or JR they better choose an older vertern actor to be in it. I wouldn't mind if an young actress is in it though since most of the actress in te newer generation can actually act better than some of the actors.

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
Tik_lover said:
No Sawan Biang an Jumluey Ruk better not be remake. Because the newbies now a days can't cry,bring out the emotion or act by showing face expression. If they do remake SB or JR they better choose an older vertern actor to be in it. I wouldn't mind if an young actress is in it though since most of the actress in te newer generation can actually act better than some of the actors.
if they are going to be remade i think Ch3 will pick veteran if it bases on fans request Ch3 cannot disagree 

Tik_lover

sarNie Hatchling
Speaking of it. I actually want tik and Aff in Sawan Biang!!! Ken and Ann in Jumluey Ruk!! Oh this would be perfect. And Aum and janie in Oum Ruk. If only this could happen!!!

mistole09

sarNie Hatchling
Lol I'm just stating my opinion, not trying to be rude or whatsoever...to offend anyone, Thai Entertainment really sucks big time...they r all about the pretty and handsome but not the talents and skills. (When certain actors/actress win their awards, I don't even know why they got nominate for. Especially those lakorn I don't think it's all that great gets lakorn of the year. It's all fan basis and popularity. )

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
vicki said:
Lol I'm just stating my opinion, not trying to be rude or whatsoever...to offend anyone, Thai Entertainment really sucks big time...they r all about the pretty and handsome but not the talents and skills. (When certain actors/actress win their awards, I don't even know why they got nominate for. Especially those lakorn I don't think it's all that great gets lakorn of the year. It's all fan basis and popularity. )
yeah some producer/company is like what you stated 

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
I can't watch lakorns like I used too. Before I can watch whatever series & be okay, now I'm very selective of the lakorns I watch because of all these newbies! Then they have a million newbies starring in remakes that I've been dying to for them to remake, but I can't watch it because I don't know these deng newbies. So I'm like NO NO NO NO! :whatever:

Like Le Ratree-- everybody seems to be raving about the new cast/remake, but OMG, I CANNOT WATCH IT because of the newbies! I absolutely love the original Le Ratree with Ann A & Pepper. 

ehh... sorry for venting.

Devylann

sarNie Egg
i don't mind remakes but the gap have to be pretty long. it seems like every decade there is a remake. the newbies arent as talented as the veterans in terms as when the veterans first debut. there are some that are pretty good. i think as long as there is one strong actor with one weaker then i think it's ok bc the stronger actor can carry the lakorn. the one thing that Thai entertainment industry needs to do is not have rape scenes. i mean what kind of morals are they trying to teach? that it's ok to rape the girl you like in hopes that you she will be yours? really? even my father who is 60 who watched RisingSunII where Ryu forced Mayumi in his room together and appeared like they slept together found the idea despicable. he said those scenes like that are the worst and should not be in movies/dramas. that's not how you get the girl and it's not right. so, i think that rapes should be thrown out and everything else would be ok.