acne

kulyia

RUK
since we're talking about different products here. i would like to ask a question similar to this topic. srry sirena, lol im going to post my question on here because i dont want to open up a new thread about a small topic.

Okay, right to the point. im breaking out ALOT nowadays. it was sudden, like when the whether got colder/ yuck! lol And im more of an asian product person. lol. funny but i think iwould rather prefer asian products. My first question is what worked best for you? And bar soap is fine with me lol.

Second is, DIET PILLS. i was wondering which worked best for you? and yes i know the consequences and the bad side effects it can have on me. but atm, im just curious. :D ty

I've heard that Proactiv is pretty good and that it actually works, but it may leave the skin really dry. birth control pills also help if you tend to get more breakouts around your periods. oh, and as a last resort, if you have really bad acne, try acne laser treatments administered by your dermatologist.

kulyia

RUK
laser sounds Scary. lol i have REALLY oily skin. :( how much is proactive? and do i have to cancel member ship when i dont want to anymore and do i have to pay every month??

laser sounds Scary. lol i have REALLY oily skin. :( how much is proactive? and do i have to cancel member ship when i dont want to anymore and do i have to pay every month??
I think proactiv is about $40 for a set of like 4 or something, but it's not unreasonably priced...I don't know about the membership thing, but my cousin gets hers at a local mall where proactiv has a small stand...

sirena

sarNie Adult
i remember using proactive and it didnt work for me at all :( made me dry and worse

i got it from the mall's vending machine it was 30 for a month kit and it came with mask thing which works amazing that was the only thing that works for me i def recommend the refining mask to everyone!!!!

noungning

Heartless
well i don't have pimple problems anymore, now just scars which will fade with time. so sad :(

however, those who never tried spot treating with tea tree oil should give it a shot. i had cystic like pimples at some areas, the ones that are big mofo bumps with nothing... it just hurts and gets really red, yeah that one... lmao. use a dab of the oil on the area so the pimple's head would rise to the surface and then you can try to pop it... just caution the tea tree oil smells reallyyyyyyy awful it will make you stink lol. people would smell and make faces but they have no clue wth the smell is lol.

oh and this wasn't the reason why my pimples all went away but it did help lol.

my pimple issue was more or so a med/hormone situation. so i stopped the med and walah! gone...

kulyia

RUK
i like ur response ning. lol . recently ive been using clinque and asian bar soap. the pink one with two birds on it. lmao. :) it makes me feel fresh. thank you for the reviews you guys :)

cecilia

Staff member
wow. some of the stuff in here sound scary -- as for PROACTIVE, it doesn't work for me ..
i've been using this one bee wax thing and it works like a charm .. once in a blue moon, i have one popping head but if i apply the cream on the pimple right away, it'll fade down a day later. the price is cheap .. 2.99 in chinatown, 3.99 at the flea market in minnesota and 4.99 at the local grocery store LOl.

Ingredients: white petrolatum, mineral oil, cetl alchol, d&c orange number 4, bees wax, fragrance, pearl essence

usage: use a little of the cream to rub your face gently in the morning and at night after you have washed your face clean.

Warning: Do not use near the eyes LOL

*using my cell phone -- bare with the blurriness shots

<-- this is how the cream looks like.

i've never order online before b/c it takes awhile to finish that one .3 oz cream.
here's two clearer pictures :

kulyia

RUK
OMG that one?!?!??! alot of asians sell it here in cali! i will have to try. XD ooo i cant wait! :)

lmao the eye part. i agree. especially with asian products. Ouch! lol

reagan1986

sarNie Egg
U.S has something in its waters, when I went there I started getting pimples 7-11 of them every 1-2 days,
it was day 3 or 4 when it started bursting out...MOVE FROM AMERICA =)

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
Hey sirena,

Can you update us on the Pearl cream (getting rid of acne scar)? I have been reading your every post. :blush: Please let me know how it has work for you now. Have your acne scar slightly faded away?

I want to try it too and really want to know how its been working for you.

cecilia - Does that product only get rid of pimples? Any help on acne scar? Can you let us know more about it?

kulyia - I have to say, bar soap really works for me too. seriousy. When I was younger, everyday after school, I come home and wash my face with bar soap. The soap I've used were the Irish ones that you mentioned and the asian soap with the tow birds. I guess this works for some people and not for others.

sirena

sarNie Adult
Hey sirena,

Can you update us on the Pearl cream (getting rid of acne scar)? I have been reading your every post. :blush: Please let me know how it has work for you now. Have your acne scar slightly faded away?

I want to try it too and really want to know how its been working for you.

cecilia - Does that product only get rid of pimples? Any help on acne scar? Can you let us know more about it?

kulyia - I have to say, bar soap really works for me too. seriousy. When I was younger, everyday after school, I come home and wash my face with bar soap. The soap I've used were the Irish ones that you mentioned and the asian soap with the tow birds. I guess this works for some people and not for others.

hello dear im soo sorry i havent been on because ive been absolutely busy with life since im going to college and working at the same time i miss u all very much :D

um the pearl cream did not work for me unfortunetly :( it made my face worse so it was time to see the dermo again this time i went to a differnt dermo

and what she gave me is 5% BP gel mix with clindimycin 1% and apply to the face in the morning for 6 weeks my face was absolutely clear then she gave me retin A to use at night and my scars all slowly fading away i can really see results :D

so yes i have found the holy grail for me that works :D

but the only problem is that it will dry your face soo the max especially in the summer you will look like a lobster if u go out in the sun for too long and will burn so make sure you wear a really high SPF at least spf of 55 no more higher or less because it doesnt give u anymore coverage if u go higher. so dnt be fooled by those that say spf 100 because u dnt need that much spf 55 is sufficent i recommend neutrogena liquid sheer sunscreen spf 55 its amazing and havent clogged my pores or anything :)