acne

sirena

sarNie Adult
ok girls and guys
um ive been suffering from acne ever since i was a teenager iam now 22 years old

about 9 month ago i went to see a dermo and he put me on antibiotic call doxycycline and topical cream tretinoin

and my skin is now cleared beautiful still have minor acne scars but nothing major no big breakouts or anything

but now its been almost 10 month now and i wanna get off the pills and like start a new regimen or something

have anybody ever been in the same situation where they get off the pill and started like an acne regimen without the pills and what do u guys use? what are some the affects? please share any ideas

ive talked to my dermo but he said for me to be on it more, but like my skin is practically all clear and i hate the pills im on 100mg a twice a day

Merit

sarNie Adult
I have bad acne when I was a teenager...the acne was pretty bad that you can't even see my skin underneath it. Thinking about it it's kind of gross. I never went to see a derm for it because I didn't want to be on any pills. I hate taking pills unless my life depends on it. I have really bad oily sensitive skin so taking care of it is a challenge.

I have tried everything out there and I have spend so much money on those products and it still didn't work. But I found proactive and it worked wonderfully. I am acne free and luckily there wasn't any scar left on my face.

Though, I heard some that gets on pills and stop their acne returns. How longer does your derm recommend you to be on it?

sirena

sarNie Adult
im so sorry to hear i know exactly how u feel ive tried everything even proactiv and nothing worked for me my last resort was the dermo :( i have no other choice ive tried everything home remedies just EVERYTHING!!

yes ive heard that also, that once u stop the pills they come back but i ve been told if i can find a really good regimen once i get off the pill its will work

some of the product ive been looking through was murad ive heard so many good comments about it, skin ID were u get a customize product that fits you, and other things such as clean and clear ect

when i first started the pill he told me it would take about 6 month, it toook me about 2-3 month for the pill and cream to actually start working for me to notice result

then he said to go for 10 month im on my 10th month right now pretty crazy

i just don't know what to do anymore :( i hate this

people always tell me "oh its just acne its nothing" its ok for them to say that cause they are gifted with perfect skin not a single where i have to wake up every day and seeing how horrible it looks...

Merit

sarNie Adult
Ten months? Hmmm...that's quite a while. I hope you find what you need.

The only makeup I have on is powder which I have to put on daily. But that is to protect me when I go outside. If I used just the proactive alone it would be so oily and itchy. The makeup that helps is (Almay) acne solution one. It does not cause acne and even if you leave it over night it still is fine. Which I do a lot of that.

After the med can your derm recommend some sort of cream or some other stuff to try? It's hard to find anything out there when you already try it all.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Hmm it's weird that your skin cleared up but the dermatologist haven't taken you off the pills. When I first went to get treatment I got the whole package, pills and a cream for the morning and differin at night. Probably about 3-4 months in I was taken off the pills but still had the 2 topical meds. I hoonestly don't think you should be on doxycycline that long esp. if your skin has already cleared up.

I stuck with the lotions for about a year after even though my face was acne free. Then I stopped it and about a year later it came back and my derm put me back on the same lotions. It didn't work quite as well though. So I do that and microdermabrasions and that seems to work.

Cee

sarNie Hatchling
well if your dermo tell you to be on it more then listen to him...just to make sure it all gone before the date expire since
its antibiotic...well me i had moderate acne during high school and during summer i usually get the worse breakout...ive use proactive
but i felt that it didnt workout after i didnt follow the regimen religiously so i stop using that and tried something else so i went on the skin ID by neutrogena...i started using it since last year when i was a freshman in college and now im 19 and starting sophomore..my skin clearing up pretty much some scars but no major breakout...i do get occasional zits but its gone like in 2 day if follow the regimen religiously....there are like a hundred product in the skin id line up i think for whatever fits your skin condition...but im currently using cream cleanser 14 (salicylic), anti-acne treatment 32 (benzoyl), hydrator 72 (salicylic),... the sets last me more than 2 months so its pretty good for the price thats on it...
oh yeh my friend is currently using murad and his skin was worser than my moderate acne and he was on that regimen around when i got my skin id and he skin now is clear with no breakout or so... since you said your skin is clear i think you should use something light since stuff like salicylic acid... and or just go with skin id since they ask question about your skin and then personalized a regimen for you because murad is pretty expensive and i dont know if it has a set for people with mild acne.

sirena

sarNie Adult
thanks you for everybody input :)

im not so much worried of the price i just want to find something that works and keep me staying clear like my skin right now havent look this good since i was 12 and its been such as long time for me to accomplish this clear skin but idon't want to be on the pill for so long cause antibiotic kill even your good germs in your stomach but point is its not good to take it long time

im thinking of trying clean and clear acne control kit or maybe skin id

sirena

sarNie Adult
btw does anyone have recommendation for sunscreen for the face or a moisturizer for the face with a good SPF

cause being on the pills and cream im prone to sunburn and blacken of the face so i need something like a moisturizer with an good spf

right now im using olay complete all day moisture lotion and it has spf 15 but im looking for something higher spf and my skin seem to tolerate this pretty well :) thanks god

something that wont clog the pores and high spf no oil either

Cee

sarNie Hatchling
i dont think you should use anything higher than spf 15 since higher than 15
can block some essentials from the sun for your skin... and you dont want it
it higher since gets heavier coating on the skin and can clog pores.

i have been using the neutrogena oil-free day lotion from the advance solutions
which has a soothe to it once you put it on the skin. its contains dermanaturals for acne prone skin with spf 15.
im not sure they sell it in single cause its comes with the advanced solutions kit..... i have bottles of it everywhere since i stop
using it because my skin is not dry like it used to be.

oh yeh change of thought.... murad kit is now around $30 dollar now and skin id is $40

sirena

sarNie Adult
thanks for input

im not using it for moisture i just wanna use it for sun protection
thanks ill look in to it

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
2 Ways To Do This.

1. Drink Plenty of Water
2. Get lot's of rest

I got off soda for about a year and drank water and juices and I had horrible acne. Now they are all clear. After awhile I started sleeping about 8-10 hours a day and bam acne all gone. The Derm told me there is no way for it to clear without the pills. I refused to take pills so I tried Water and Rest and Now I'm Clear <3

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
2 Ways To Do This.

1. Drink Plenty of Water
2. Get lot's of rest

I got off soda for about a year and drank water and juices and I had horrible acne. Now they are all clear. After awhile I started sleeping about 8-10 hours a day and bam acne all gone. The Derm told me there is no way for it to clear without the pills. I refused to take pills so I tried Water and Rest and Now I'm Clear <3
i pm'd u, my dear. ;)

fun

Expired Sarnie
To get rid acne, I had tried everything out in the market and nothing has worked. So I did the same thing as Tina. Drink lots of water and have at least 7 hours of sleep =D and just wash your face daily with warm water and put on any kind of facial moisturizer lotion that works for your skin type. I have had bad acne, it just started to clear up but now I have a new question: how to get rid of acne scars?

Merit

sarNie Adult
I wish I was the type that love water. lol. I have to force myself to drink a cup a day. When I get a headache then I would drink to get rid of it. I know it's bad when I get dehydration but I just don't like water. Sleeping doesn't come by easy when you have a six months old. lol. Washing your face twice a day helps tremedously. They say never go to bed with makeup on, but once in a blue moon I do that. The only makeup I feel safe sleeping in is...(Almay, Clear Skin) It does not give me acne even if sleeping in them. Their products actually is very good even when it's inexpensive.

As for as acne scars...there is this one Asain product called...Pearl cream or white pearl..I forgot the name of it...but it did has the name pearl in it. It is a small skinny tube. And it is so cheap..back then it runs about $2.50 a tube. It was a mircale. I had so bad acne scars and I tried it for only 2 weeks and it took it all away. They sell it at the Asian supermarket. It's one product that I was glad I heard about it and tried.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
I wish I was the type that love water. lol. I have to force myself to drink a cup a day. When I get a headache then I would drink to get rid of it. I know it's bad when I get dehydration but I just don't like water. Sleeping doesn't come by easy when you have a six months old. lol. Washing your face twice a day helps tremedously. They say never go to bed with makeup on, but once in a blue moon I do that. The only makeup I feel safe sleeping in is...(Almay, Clear Skin) It does not give me acne even if sleeping in them. Their products actually is very good even when it's inexpensive.
aww damn! i sleep in make up ALLLLL THE TIME!!. lol i hope my face doesn't get all messed up!

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
i was on a few pills b4 w/ 3 different dermotologists but those pills aren't good for u if u take it long term so they'd take me off of it. everytime i got off those pills i'd break out again. i had mild acne from hs to 2nd yr in college. my friend took me go some ddf lady and she got me dis salicyc acid face wash and after less than a week pimples just sprouted all over my face. after dat my skin was never da same. and it ruined my skin. it's all bumpy and uneven now but i started using oil of olay regenerist line and it's making my skin smooth again. it aint as smooth as it used to be but i hope it will keep gettin smoother and smoother. i been using the Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Cleanser and Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment every day and night for about 2 weeks and it's already making my face smoother. it actually clears acne and prevents acne too for some people. it works fast to clear their face for some but it's workin a lil slow w/ me. it's ok though my skin looks a lot nicer than b4

ohh yea i used to use smooth e baby face foam face wash and man it gets rid of pimples fast but it didn't prevent my skin from breaking out again. so when da pimples dat were already on my face were gone i'd get more and it just kept going in a annoying ass cycle

sirena

sarNie Adult
i NEVER wear make up to bed unless ive been partying got drunk and didnt know where i was and fell alseep lol
which happened before xD

anyways my regimen is every morning i wash my face with cetaphil cause im so sensitive thats the only thing that safe enough for my face i cant use any acne face wash because being on the pill it strip away so much that it cause irritation and dry out its just bad and cetaphil is the only thing i use

then i apply olay complete all day moisture spf 15 (im really looking for something basic such as olay and has a higher spf cuz being on the pill its make me more prone to sunburn and darken of the face and i don't like that)

then i take my pills 2X a day

at night i wash with cetaphil and apply my acne cream trentinoin and i go to bed thats about it

and for spot treatment i use tea tree oil which works great

sometimes when i have a pimple and its one of those where u just HAVE to pop it

i pop it clean it up then i apply tea tree and it doesnt cause scaring at all

cuz usually after i pop it then next day it scar and dark pigment starts to show but with tea tree oil it doesnt cause that at all

and im asian so the smell of tea tree oil doesnt bother me i kinda like it actually but yeah its great spot treatment i recommend it

ur suppose to mix it with water then apply it to skin but i just apply it right on and nothing has bother me or anything
so yeah

hey mermit do u think u can show me a pic of that pearl cream u talking abt?

i really want to know how to get rid of the scar too ive been using vitamin E oil my co worker recommend it to me seen havent dramatic result yet

sirena

sarNie Adult
hey mermit is this the stuff ur talking about? from ur description i looked it up online and this and a couple of others but it sounds like ur talking abt this 1???