accidently paid bills 2xs

little

sarNie Adult
I paid for my car insurance thru online and when I look at my bank account online it didn't show pending/withdrawal so I thought it didn't go thru so today I went to buy money order to pay for it and I already sent it. When I came home and look my bank account online it shows pending/withdrawal. so i actually paid and went thru the first time. Now I'm worried cause I sent the money order already. What should I do. will I get it back if i just wait or will it be pay for the next insurance cycleor would they send it back to me. It's sucks and feel stupid for wasting extra money

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Just call your insurance company and tell them what happened and I'm sure they'll give you your money back. Wait until they recieve the money order payment and then call them and explain to them what had happened and more than likely they will refund your money. It's happened to me every now and then :p

little

sarNie Adult
what if the insurance is not under my name but under my sister name and I hardly have a chance to see her cuz she's hardly home nor we get to talk. If they receive both payments would they see it on their computer that I'm paying twice and that it'll go on the next cycle if not send it back to me.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
yeh, i've done that before. they usually credit u online...especially if u have a well known insurance company. however, having the money order stub will benefit dearly. some companies are shady and will act as though they did not receive anything. if that ever happens, u still have the stub to match the cashed money order. it can be tracked down...and be found.

also, as KhoOnxNouxWanxJai mentioned, call ur insurance comp. let them know that u made a payment online, forgot about it, and sent another payment by mail. this way, they will tell u right away what they will do or at least ask u what u want them to do. plus, it will help u not stress out so much. lol

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
what if the insurance is not under my name but under my sister name and I hardly have a chance to see her cuz she's hardly home nor we get to talk. If they receive both payments would they see it on their computer that I'm paying twice and that it'll go on the next cycle if not send it back to me.
yes.. it will definitely go to your next cycle. I made this mistake a few times, but I normally just allow the payments to go through so that I won't have to worry about the next cycle. However, I think if you have access to the account, perhaps you're an authorized user? You should call them up and get your refund if that's what you're aiming for.

they'll give you a refund. just make sure to contact them.

one time i sent in my house insurance payment AND my mortgage company sent in a payment, too. they were confuzzled but sent back my refund, when i contacted them.

judyp

sarNie Adult
yeah, i think usually it goes into the next cycle. but if you contact them, im sure they'll refund you.

little

sarNie Adult
thanks for replying and making me feel better. I also did again with my dmv renewal fees. My bf wrote a check for me and i sent that one and i thought it didn't go thru so i bought money order and resend it. I feel bad for double paying hopefully i'll wait until the next mail comes and check if i'll get it back. if not then for this i'll call them and for the insurance i'll let my sis. call her agent. I don't want to pay extras when i'm already poor.