A Thai Film about Cambodian King

And someone says "Let it go!" earlier, its a good suggestion but its easier being said than done. :| It's sort of like asking a rape victim to forget the fact that he/she have been rape. Or the fact that the Nazi have killed millions of Jews and other innocent people. Oh right, "LET IT GO" the "past is the past". (Bad example, but I'm just trying to get a point across so ignore the unrelated issue of it) Plus, the government are the ones that usually string a long the hatred rather than the 'people' because in the end its all got to do with politics. And please don't just assume your knowledge of history. As a Cambodian I do feel offended by some of the posts and this is not something I would normally feel or say (and that says a lot).
ok, i agree that yes, it is easier to say "let it go" than actually doing it, but cambodians shouldn't hold onto the grudge...it's certainly not helping them at all... you can't completely eliminate all recollection of the history, but you can't stay stuck in the past forever either. it's about time they move on and deal with the present, rather than having the past events insinuate into and influence every single matter they are faced with, and work towards a more productive future... as i said before, holding the grudge with the thais isn't doing anything to advance the nation...

and yes, i am half cambodian... i'm just using logic

Mister Bubbub

sarNie Egg
ok, i agree that yes, it is easier to say "let it go" than actually doing it, but cambodians shouldn't hold onto the grudge...it's certainly not helping them at all... you can't completely eliminate all recollection of the history, but you can't stay stuck in the past forever either. it's about time they move on and deal with the present, rather than having the past events insinuate into and influence every single matter they are faced with, and work towards a more productive future... as i said before, holding the grudge with the thais isn't doing anything to advance the nation...

and yes, i am half cambodian... i'm just using logic

If you want to be logical, why are you generalizing and stating it as if it is a fact that every Cambodian person(s) are beholding a grudge against Thai people? I've mention in my posts that there's more than meets the eye on the grudges and the history that comes a long with it. Not to mention, how do you know that every single matter is dealt with is in the same matter concerning with Thai? What are your evidence to support that statement? I'm not trying be an @ss but I'm just curious. You said, you want to be logical, but so far you only give a bias opinion of someone who see things in a western point of view: assuming that you are from America or in another country beside Cambodia. Every culture handles things differently just like how each person handles their personal grudges or personal matters differently from person to person. You also have to understand that Cambodia have been backtracked economically since the Khmer Rouge regime and the civil war that took place after that. And there are new history amongst survivors that did reside on the Thailand border during the Khmer rouge regime, not just from way back from the oh-forever-ago Ancient past (and I've already mention it in my other post, I think).

What you're implying in your last line, "holding the grudge with the thais isn't doing anything to advance the nation..." But it also have nothing to do with advancement in the nation of Cambodia. Just because there are tension between a country doesn't mean there's no improvement economically in the trades between the two countries. Just because Cambodia didn't allow a Thailand production company to make a movie of a Cambodian King loses its chance of advancing the nation. Advancement economically for the nations have nothing to do with grudges against nations, but rather how a government take care of its people by giving them jobs, how well the business is running, and how well its balancing and checking its own government system (and we all know and believe that Cambodia's government system is full of shiz).

If you have taken any history classes, you would understand or at least acknowledge that history do repeats itself. For example, Rome and Persia went to war with each other many times during the Roman Empire: the Punic war (Rome defeated Persia in all three wars and took over the Persian Empire). About 300 years later history repeats itself, Sassanids (a barbaric group: Persians) under the Roman Empire decided that they want to rebel against the empire. You might not believe that Cambodia is slowly having a productive future, but for a country that has just barely rise its head back up again from a genocide to civil war in the last (roughly) 20 years then I'm not sure you really understand how the world really works. You probably disagree with me, but as much corruption goes on in the government there, the people, especially the younger generations are slowly heading to what you've called, "toward a more productive future." I've also had other reasons that I've already even mention in the quote that you quoted from my post of other cultures that can't 'let go' of the grudges against other countries. I'd like to especially point out the relations between China and Korea to Japan. :) There are some Chinese and Koreans who still hold grudges against the Japanese for what they've done during WWII. Maybe the people that hold the grudges, hold it to keep the history alive, so younger generations can at least learn of it and not make the same mistakes again (for whatever reason or purposes they may held)?

You say that you're just using logic to justify this situation. If you want to use logic you have to see it from different sides to make a neutral opinion rather than sounding like you would rather want this 'thing' to just never exist. What happened happened, you can't go back and change it and more importantly you can't just go and tell people how they should feel about it. Because people should not feel obligated to feel something that they don't believe in or support (there is probably a better word than support for this, but I'll leave it at that). Just because you believe that something should be this way doesn't mean other people feel the same. For example, you might love someone, and another person might hate that someone. You can't just tell that person who is hating on that someone to feel the same way as you about that someone you love. :mellow: That last part is probably a bit confusing. XD I don't think I've ever question anyone in particular if they're Cambodian or not in this thread. :\

p.s. don't mind me if i sound like a prick. :)

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
goodness that was a lot of reading. :p

its your opinion and we all should respect that.

HaPpY New YeAr BtW!

slmov215

sarNie Egg
lol wow.... tat's a lot of readings. oh yea wat Mister Bubbub is true, u have to look thru ta aspects and other ppl point of views. people thinks differently n act differently no matter who they are n w/e situation they're in. like for example someone mite just asked u who tis person is n he or she mite b ur best friend or someone u really hate. ta way u answers n ta things u do afterward maybe different from i, he or she mite do. come on now it's not like u guys don't dislike anyone rite? i noe i hate some ppl n they are those nigg nobs who be dissing azn or those stuff... but basically i prove them wrong by showin how smarter i am, stronger i am, well basically show them tat i am a better than them, if i am... so any who ppl hating and talking stuff about each other is common now a dayz n thats how ppl are so just don't worry bout it and who noes? maybe someone mite b talkin stuff bout u. i don't noe y im writing tis so sorry for hopping in ur "convos" hehehe just nosey i guess

im here supportin ur idea Mister Bubbub, all ta way dude :D

ps. i hope we all can just get along toooooooo ^_^ so we should alll calm down

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
there's a debtate on whether thailand or cambodia should do it in another forum. i don't care if they do it as long they have khmer historians to help w/ this project. i think thailand will put their perspective into this movie rather than go by our history. but who knows?

yak

sarNie Adult
I really agree with Mister Bubbub .. Ppls are different and families.. My dad hold that grudge until now.. I learn from it, but it doesnt lead me hating on what ever it is that he's doing. But you know its good that we learn from one another and from Mister Bubbub ... That was like wow.. You have a big @ss point.. I was really about to say some more.. but u closed it ha ha ha...
p.s love yourself

Vanndii

sarNie Adult
Whenever talking about Cambodian-Thai relation, sentimental (or nationalism) bias would come along with your typing since many members of this forum are either Cambodians or Thais or both. Remember that "no opinion is wrong", but whether it is accepted or rejected is more important. So get the thing said proofed is what you have to do to be trusted and that is what i want to say.

I see that members here are really interested in this topic. There are more than 1000 hits (the moment i logged in), but only some of those left comments. I think that the viewers who went through this topic would like very much to say something, but they don't want to involve since it is a sensitive topic to many people.

However so far, i think that no one has used unaccepted word or sensitive words here, and this is a good thing and that is also why i want to drop this comment.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Wouldn't it be great if we could settle grudges and conflicts by arm wrestling? :D

On a more serious note, I think Cambodia has a right to choose whether their country's history should be on display for the others to see. And if they do choose to go forward with the film, then the right thing to do is have a Cambodian write the script.

If my life were to be made into a movie, I would sure as heck want to be in control of the scripts.

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
Wouldn't it be great if we could settle grudges and conflicts by arm wrestling? :D

On a more serious note, I think Cambodia has a right to choose whether their country's history should be on display for the others to see. And if they do choose to go forward with the film, then the right thing to do is have a Cambodian write the script.

If my life were to be made into a movie, I would sure as heck want to be in control of the scripts.

i totally agree w/ you.