A moment to remember

fun

Expired Sarnie
Okay I have too many too hilarious encounters with hilarious events. This just happened last night. Highlight of my life... I'm kidding but it was definitely a moment to never be forgotten.

There was no car available at the moment, but my aunt insisted that she needed fish sauce. It would be a 35 minute walk to my grandparent's house. My sister has one of the car, but she was at work. I decided to walk to her work place, about a 10 minute walk. I carried it, I didn't want to put it in my bag, so I held onto glass. I had my little nephew and my sister walking with me because they wanted some ice cream. So as we were close to the light where the cross walk was at. A police car stopped and asked me why I was carrying liquor in the open and asked to see my ID. I was literally in tears laughing at the idiotic police officer. I opened the lid and you know how fish sauce has a strong smell. Well he looked embarrassed and apologized.

I know there are many different brands and kinds of fermented fish.

This is the brand I like to use. So what is yours.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! he must have felt dumb!!!!!! :r-scene-pop-corn:
That will be kinda freaky if a police did that to me!

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL, That is such a funny story!!!
I would laugh at the police officer too!!!
Yeah, i use that one that you had!

Muddie Murda

smile...
Hahaha that's a great moment indeed! And yes, THAT'S MY FAVORITE FISH SAUCE!

Speaking of fish sauce...since I don't want to create a thread LOL, I think the weirdest most no-no logo for a fishsauce is GOLDFISHES. OMG I was disgusted LOL. I know it's not made of goldfishes, but since their picture was being used, it just gives the impression that it is made from goldfishes. e_e

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lol.. oh this is hilarious fun.. but yeah if i was a police.. i'd be suspicious too.. but couldn't he read the logos? lol..

fun

Expired Sarnie
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! he must have felt dumb!!!!!! :r-scene-pop-corn:
That will be kinda freaky if a police did that to me!
Well it is his job. You are not supposed to carry liquor in public, if you do, it's covered in a brown paper bag. The wrapper was a big hint but I guess he thought it was some Asian brand liquor.

I am picky when it comes to fish sauce. This thread was purposely to ask what kind of fish sauce brand you use or like.

Julie, it was a bit dark.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Nowadays I use Squid Brand fish sauce but I have also used the kind you have up there and I also like Tiparos brand too. I like that I can find Tiparos brand anywhere even in American supermarkets. I tend to buy the thai ones more than the vietnamese ones since i grew up using the thai ones but i honestly can't even taste the difference LOL.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
ahahaha i see i see.. i understand why he'll be more suspicious lol..

and yeah.. if you buy alcohol.. it's supposed to be in the brown paper bag.. i felt so dumb when i went to the quickie mart with my dad.. i bought an arizona? i believe and my dad bought a beer.. i thought they asked me for a bag and was like oh no we're fine. the cashier looked at me and said oh you do if you don't want a ticket.. lol.. i felt so dumb atm for my clumsy mistake ahaha..

my family uses mostly that same brand and also the squid brand one..

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
:lmao2: :coverlaf: :loool: lmfao this is hilarious! i never thought this would happen to anyone. :clap2: great topic!

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was complaining to my sister-in-law and my brother because they bought the wrong fish sauce. It looks the same but there is shrimp in the picture also. We still have it in the cub. No one wants to use it lol I don't know but I can taste the difference. We actually have two of the shrimp with crap fish sauce, I use it when we are out of the ones I like and when we throw parties (trying to get rid of them).