A hmong story

mokka

sarNie Adult
His mother wasn't a bit shocked...He looked at his mother, "How come you are not shocked at all?"
She shrugged, "I kind of knew it was coming when you were kind of mad about the marriage to Sheng." She took a deep breath, "Son, you got yourself in this mess, it is only right if you do it yourself."
"What do you mean mom?"
His mother got up, "Why don't you go talk to your father about it? Tell him that you love Mai instead of Sheng. You can also go talk to Sheng about it? her parents? You know, marriage isn't a game alright."
He nodded and stood up too. "I think I know what I'm going to do." and ran to the backyard where his father was watering their small garden. "dad..."
His father looked up at him, "yeah son?"
"Can we talk?"
His father nodded and went to turn off the water, "What is it son?"
"It's about my marriage. Why don't we go inside and talk about it?" and led his father into the living room, where his mother was still there sewing. He waited until his father sat down and then took a deep breath, "Dad, I don't want to marry Sheng."
"We've talked about this already..." as his father got up.
He also stood up too, "Dad, I don't love Sheng. I love Mai..."
His father turned to look at him, "What?"
He looked down on the ground, "I want to marry Mai, not Sheng. Please understand it. I don't know how Mai feels about me, but I am responsible for her."
Both his parents were shocked, "What do you mean?" asked his mother.
He turned to look at his mother, "When she disappear at the time that was suppose to be my wedding, she was with me. I told her I'll take full responsiblity of my action."
"Is that why you wanted to marry Mai then?" asked his father.
He nodded.
"Meng...Meng...I don't know what to say. I don't care who you marry at this point. You have to go talk to their parents."
"I will..." replied Meng, "As long as I have you and mom's approval."
"Then you are on your own now, son," said his father.

At Sheng's house, she was sitting down in her room. It had been weeks since Mai took off and there was no news of her at all. Sheng took a deep breath, 'Did i chase her away by my selfishness?' she thought to herself. Houa came over and took some stuff to Mai and thats about it. How much she missed Mai. As she was thinking, her mother came upstairs, "Sheng, Meng is here to see you."
She nodded. She was always excited whenever he came, but today, she wasn't happy. "Ok, I'll be right down." She looked at herself in the mirror and then ran downstairs, "Meng..."

In the living room, both her parents were there with Meng. "Hi, Meng, what is it?"
"Sheng..." said Meng, "Please sit down with your parents and I'll talk to you all at the same time."
Sheng nodded and went to sit with her parents.
"Sheng..."Meng sat across from them... "Mr. and Mrs. Lo...I understand if you guys hate me after this, but I must say it before I made the biggest mistake of my life and of Sheng's life." He took a deep breath, "I'm sorry! I can't marry Sheng...."
Everyone was shocked, "WHAT?" asked Sheng standing up, "why?" as tears started to form in her eyes.
"I don't love you. I love Mai. I'm sorry." he said as he looked at them. "Mai and I met at school and then there was an accident and i tried to talk to mai, but she was avoiding me. Then when i found out that she was going to be the girl I was going to marry, I was happy. then this happen. And I am responsible for when she disappear. I took her with me so I don't have to marry Sheng."
Sheng ran up to him and slapped him across the face. "Why? am I not as pretty as Mai?" She pulled his shirt collar, "If you don't love me, then why did you agree to marry me?"
"Mai told me to marry you..." replied Meng. He looked around, "where is mai?"
Sheng let go of his shirt and ran upstairs to her room, sobbing.

"I'm sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Lo. Please forgive me for what I did. Where is Mai?"
"It's alright. Thanks for clearing it up. Right now, Mai went somewhere with her friend. Once she is back we will talk more about the wedding."
He nodded, "Which friend?"
"Houa," replied her mother.

At the hospital, Mai picked up the phone and start dialing her home phone. It rang a couple of times and then her mother picked up.

"Hello...hello..."

Tears were forming in her eyes. She let it fall.

"Hello, who is there...hello..."

She then hung up and looked at the phone. Telling her mother what happen to her is the hardest. She didn't want to tell them at all. then the door opened and closed. She wiped her tears.

"Hey, Mai, did you tell your parents yet?"
She shook her head, "Not yet, no one is home." she lied.
Houa nodded, "here...yer made chicken soup for you."
"tell Yer, I said thanks," said Mai.
"Ok...you should try again."
She nodded and opened the container of chicken soup.

"I'm going home tomorrow, to visit my parents. Do you want me to get you anything from home?"
she shook her head, "If I do, I'll ask my parents to bring it for me."
Houa nodded.

The next day, Houa went home with Hakkai. That same day, her mother also asked her to go to the oriental store too. So she did. And there she saw Meng with his parents talking to Mai's parents. She didn't say anything. As they were walking down the aisle that the two families were at, Hakkai asked, "So, did Mai tell her parents yet?"
Houa nodded, "She said she called but no one picked up." She looked up and saw them talking and laughing as Sheng looked very sad. "But from what I see, she hasn't yet."
"Houa, why don't we tell her parents. I mean, we are in town," said Hakkai as he picked up a bag of rice noodle, "So what do you say?" as he turned to face her. "You know, there is a girl that looks very cute..."
"Who?"
He turned around, "The girl in the pink shirt standing with her parents I think..."
Houa looked up and saw Sheng. Sheng at the same time saw Houa too. Houa turned around..."Hakkai, come on lets go..."

Sheng was surprised, "Houa...Houa..." she yelled and ran towards them..."Houa..." she ran in front of her, "Where is Mai?" she asked angrly."
Hakkai turned to look at Sheng and then Houa, "You guys know each other?"
"Long story, Hakkai, but make it short, yes we do," replied Houa. She turned to look at Sheng, "Um..."
"where is she?" cried Sheng. "I'm going to kill her."

Meng and the parents saw what was going on so they went over to where Sheng was. "Sheng..." said Meng.
Sheng turned to look at Meng, "don't tell me what to do, Meng. It's all because of you." She turned back to face Houa, "Tell me where Mai is. I'm going to kill her."
Hakkai looked at her and then at Houa, "hey I'm going to look around so come get me" he whispered
Houa nodded.
Hakkai shrugged and the went away.

"So where is Mai?" asked Sheng.
"If you know where she is, please tell us. We are worried about," said Sheng's mother.
"I..."

"Hey Houa, I think we should hurry up, someone is bored at the hospital as he walked back towards them. "and on the way home, we can pick up some chicken for my mom to make chicken soup for Mai. Mai called and said she's hungry." interruped Hakkai and then he turned around to look at them.
"You know where Mai is?" asked Sheng.
He gave her a look, "Yea, i do, what is wrong with it?"
"Nothing..." replied Sheng, "But where is she?"
Without thinking, he replied, "She's at the hospital, waiting for a heart transpl..."
Houa covered his mouth.

"What?" asked her mother..."What did you just say..."

Houa gave out a guilty laugh.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
oooooooh......niceee. But damn that meng!! he's soo weak!! he looked down when talking to his dad about mai!! That weak bastard!

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
“oh it’s nothing, hm…we got to go, and if I ever see Mai I’ll tell her to come home soon.” with that Houa and Hakkai ran straight out. Out in the parking lot Houa started slapping Hakkai on the arms.

“hey, hey! That’s hurt!” Hakki whine rubbing his arm.

“damn it! They almost caught us! Because of you!” Houa scolded at Hakki with another slap on his arm.

“oww…you big meanie! But are those Mai parents and friend? Cause I think I liked that girl who asked me about Mai” Hakki said in a dreamy ton.” I think she’s hot!!!”

Houa glare at Hakki before slapping the back of his head, “you dumb butt!”
----------
“should I call and tell them again?” Mai thoughts as she hugged her knees with tears in her eyes. “I don’t want them to worried so much about me, since there has been too many problem lately.” again tears started willing up inside her eyes, “I can’t tell them, I just can’t! I don’t want them to worried too much about me!”

Mai sigh as she slowly lay back down on the bed, “Meng, how is your day going? Do you still think of me? Do you still miss me?”

‘ugh! Mai stop thinking about him! He’s going to get marry to you sister, he’s going to become your brother- in-law! You can’t have feels for him!
------------
“owww!!! What!?!?! Was that for?!?!?” Hakki ask rubbing the back of his head. Houa didn’t answer but started stomping away, “what a dumb butt he is!!!” Houa mutter.

“hey!!! I heard that!!!” Hakki shouted from behind.

“whatever and hurry up!!! We got to visit Mai!!!”

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was so good thanx 4 the update

Hakkie and Houa got back to the hospital. They walked into Mai's room and Houa said "Guess what stupid here almost did?"

Hakkie"Hey don't call me stupid. I'm not stupid."

Houa"yea you are! And stop talkng will ya. Okay i have to tell you this........Did you call your parents yet?"

Mai "no, Why?"

Houa "no reason just wanted to check. but anyways you know how me and Hakkie went home? Well yea we went shopping and guess who we saw?.......Mai said " i.........." Houa interrupted and said " let me finish first. We saw your parents, Sheng, and Meng......

Mai interrupted and said "WHAT? did yoiu tell my parents?

Houa said " No i didn't but stupid here almost told Sheng and your parents.Until i stopped him."

Mai " Phew.... That's a good thing."

Hakkie " For the last time i'm not stupid and how the heck do you guys know Sheng?"

Houa said with a disgusted face "Hakkie here like your sister.

Hakkie " Sheng is your sister? The one that is getting married?"

Mai"How do you know that my sister is getting married?"

Houa said with a innocent face " oppss...i kinda told him about your family a little bit.Sorry.He forced me to."

Mai said " Wow! i'm..........i......don't know what to say. How was my family anyways were they all okay?And how is Meng?"

"They're all very worried about you and Meng is fine. Well When i saw Sheng she didn't seem too happy though." said Houa.

"Sheng said she wanted to ki............." Houa covered up his mouth and Mai said "Sheng wanted to what?" Houa gave a nervous laugh and said " Sheng said she misses you alot and see wants to see you.......... That's all." Mai starts to cry and says "Oh......... Houa i miss my family so much i want to go and see them but i can't what if they find out about my heart problem.. What will i do and Sheng my sweet little sister i'm so sorry i've been such a bad sister to you. How will i ever repay you and my mom and dad I've been a very bad daughter always making you two worried about me. If i have the chance in my next life i promise you guys i will be so much better to you all. And Houa your my bestest friend. You've been with me through all my hard time thick and thin i don't know how to repay you....."

"Ohhhhhhhh...........Mai don't say that."Houa starts to cry. ''I love you just as if you were my sister i cant bare to see you like that.I'm glad to have you as a friend.'' They hugged each other.

"Oh....... whats all this crying and hugging for huh? What did i miss?'' said Yer and Cheng as they walked in.

Hakkie said "Oh......Nothing the girls are just having there moments with each other.Well then i guess i'll be going home now. see you all later."

Yer said" well i brought you chicken soup come and eat it while it's still hot." Yer gave Mai the chicken soup and stayed awhlie.After they left Houa left with them too. And Mai went to sleep.

mokka

sarNie Adult
As Houa was driving to Yer's house, she kept thinking about her parents. She took a deep breath. Then she turned her car around and drive back to her hometown, late at night.

The next morning, she got up and saw her mother working on the small garden by their house. She went and watched her mother.
"I didn't know that you would come back that late last night."
"Sorry, mom, I missed you all, although I just went back."
Her mother turned to look at her, "Hakkai, is not with you today?"
she shook her head.

Mai looked at Hakkai and then to Yer, "What do you mean she's gone?"
"She didn't return last night, Mai," said Hakkai, "We thought she was, but this morning, when I went to wake her up she was gone."
Mai sat up on her head, "Houa..."
"Don't worry too much about her, Mai. worry about your sickness."
She nodded, "I want to go home."
"Mai, don't worry, you'll be able to go home."
she nodded.

*ring ring*
Houa ran and answer the phone, "hello?"

"Hi, is this Houa?"

"Yes, may I ask who is calling?"

"Houa, this is Sheng, can we meet and talk?"

Houa looked at her clock, "Sure, how about at 2PM?"

"Ok, alright, at the park by our house?"

"Sure," replied Houa, "Ok, bye," She hung up and went to help her mother clean up.

Later at 2PM, she went to the park near Mai's house, there Sheng and Meng were waiting for her. "Hi..." she greeted.
they smiled and greeted her back.
They went and sat on a picnic table to talk.
"Do you know where Mai is?" asked Meng.
Houa gave them both a confusing look, "why are you asking about Mai, Meng. Aren't you going to marry Sheng?"
"Well... things didn't work out the way it should." replied Meng. "Please tell me where Mai is."
sheng nodded, "As much as I am mad at my sister, I miss her a lot. Everyone is worry about her, especially my parents because she just ran off like that. Houa, you would understand if your sister ran away like that. NO phone calls, or anything."
"No phone calls?" said Houa, "I thought..." She shook her head, "She lied to me..."
"What?" said Sheng.
"Oh, nothing," just as her cell phone ring. she looked at the id and noticed Hakkai, "hello?"

"Where are you?" shouted Hakkai.

"At home, why?"
She could hear Hakkai, panicing. "Hakkai..."

"Mai...Mai...just had an attack..." replied Hakkai, "She is being moved to the ICU room. "You really need to tell them." and hung up.

Houa looked at her phone as tears started to form. She was stuck between telling the truth or make another lie.

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
Pacing back and forth Hakkai waited outside patiently for the news on Mai, when Houa ran in.

“What took you so long!?!?!?”

“Sorry…I.” Houa said trying to catch her breath. “ It’s just that Mai’s sister and Meng came and ask me about Mai.

“Did you tell them where Mai is?”

“No.”

“why?”

Houa pause… “ I don’t know…maybe cause this isn’t the time to tell them yet and beside I don’t have time to explain every thing to them when Mai is in this solution. So how is Mai doing?”

“I don’t know the doctor hasn’t come out yet.”

Again the two sat down waiting anxiously outside, when the doctor came out.

“doctor how is she?” they both ask at the same time.

The doctor sigh, “ please come this way.”

Houa and Hakkai followed the doctor into his office, “I have good new and bad news.”

Houa felt herself tumbling, as tears started willing up. Seeing the reaction on Houa face, Hakkai place his hand on top of Houa’s hand telling her everything is going ok.

“The good news is that we were able to save her, but the bad news is that.” The doctor sigh, “ the bad news is that her time is getting nearer, if we don’t find a heart replacement for her.”
----------------
“Houa, Mai is going to be fine.” Hakkai said trying to comfortable Houa who was now on the ground sobbing.

“how Hakkai, how? Mai’s laying there on the bed hopes, while me as a friend can’t do anything about it.” Houa continue to sob. Hakkai wrap his arms around Houa as he slowly stokes her hair.

“shh…don’t say that….you’re a great friend.
------------
sorry if i ruin the story...

bugsy

sarNie Adult
“What did you guys just say?” said a quietly trembled voice from the doorway.

Houa turned around and, “Meng!!” she gasps, “what are you doing here? …How’d you…..don’t tell me you…”

“That’s right,” replied Meng, “I followed you. It was the only way I would’ve found out Mai’s location. Now tell me, what is going on here.” Meng turns and faces the doctor. “Doctor, those words….is it true? But I don’t get it. Why does Mai need a heart transplant?” asked Meng as he raised his voice.

Houa turns to face the doctor and after a long pause in the room, she finally nodded her head.

--------------------------------------

The door to Mai’s room slowly opens as Meng gradually walks closer to her. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know what to say. He was still in major shock. But as he comes up next to her….his hands met hers. Thinking about how stupid he has been to have let her gone through this herself, he says, “Mai, you silly girl. Why didn’t you tell me?” He starts to tremble and his eyes began to water. “The hate you have for me must be really unforgivable to keep this a secret.” Another pause. “Seeing you like this, I too, am starting to really hate myself. From now on, I’m not going to let you go again….even if I have to do everything secretly and behind closed doors, I promise you Mai….I am not going to let you be hurt anymore.”

------------------------------------

Mai feels tears running down her face as she wakes up. “That was a weird dream,” she sighs, “Meng, if only…..”

“So how’s my little girl doing?” said Meng as he walked in the door.

“Meng??” Mai didn’t know what to do to but sit there like a dummy. It was embarrassment and longing for his embrace at the same time.

“Shhhhhh. Don’t talk. Here. Have some water,” he gently said as he puts the cup to her mouth.

Without thinking, she agreed to his words and sipped the water. When the cup emptied, he put it on the table. Turning back to face her, he gently wiped away her tears. But that didn’t help. Tears rolled down even faster. At last, he couldn’t hold it in any longer. He grabbed her and took her into his arms.

She hugged back. “Meng, I’ve missed you,” she sighed to herself, “This feels soo nice.”

Her smile couldn’t have been bigger and they hugged for a few minutes more. But then something clicked. “Mai, wake up! Don’t forget who you two are to each other now.”

As her smile disappears, she slowly pushes him back.

“Meng, how’d you find me?”

“I followed Houa. I had to, Mai. If I didn’t, I would’ve never found out….”

“Don’t say anymore. I knew this day would come….a day when someone else would be involved. But I didn’t expect it to be you. I don’t care how much you know….just promise me. Promise me you wont tell a soul until your marriage with Sheng is complete.” She paused and then continued with, “You’re still going to marry my sister no matter what; especially now.”

“Shhhhhhh. We’ll talk about this later, okay? I don’t want to hear any of that stuff. Right now, just take care of yourself. And I’ll be your nurse.”

With a grin on her face, she says to herself, “Meng, you dork.” But the moment she did, her grin fades. “Mai, get a hold of yourself.”

-------------------

Okay…that’s it for me today. Someone continue on.

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
thanx you two, bugsy and babe_girl..............the update was great................ o mg i wanna continue but i'll continue later on so now if anyone wants to continue go ahead

shaddy

sarNie Egg
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later on that day when Meng left Mai's room, he went over to talk to the doctor.

***** In the doctor's office

"I'm sorry but I can not release any information about my patient to you unless you're her family" the doctor said sitting down across from him.

"But, I am her family" Meng lie.

The doctor studies him for a second then asks "who are you to her?"

Meng thought for a second "I am her husband"

"Her husband!?! I didn’t know that she's married?" the doctor asks
surprisingly.
Meng crack a smile and answered "yes, she is, now can u tell me
what's wrong with her and what I can do to help?" he asked.

The doctor hesitates then finally said "Mai's condition is not so good,

she has a bad heart, and she needs a transplant as soon as possible"

Meng was shock by this "how long have she have this disease?" he ask.
"About a year ago"

"What!?! A year ago?" Meng exclaimed with shock.

The doctor nodded and looks away.

"Doctor, please tell me what I can do to help her" Meng said almost
begging.

"Well, u can either help find a heart for her" the doc said.

"And it have to have the same blood type and everything" he added.

Meng who can't believe he is hearing all this was shock and sad at the
same time. "How can I let her be in pain all by herself, and plus all

these problems she's having with me and her family" he thought to
himself.
"So, do u have any ideas how u can help?" the doc ask.

Meng snap out of his thoughts and sigh " how about me? Can u test
me if we have the same blood types and all?" he asks.

The doctor was shock to hear this "what?! You do know the outcome
right?"

"Yes, I do" Meng answered sadly.

"So what if you're the right type, do u think ur wife will let u do that?"

"Please don’t tell her" Meng said.
The doctor thought for a second then said "ok, if that's what u want
then come back tomorrow and we well perform the blood work ok?"

"Thank you" Meng said and walk out.

Walking down the hallway his phone ring

"Hello?"

"Hey Meng where are you?" Sheng ask

"Oh, I gotta finish up some work and I'll be back late ok, so don’t call
back" he said and hung up the phone and turns it off.

"Hey!! Wait Meng wait I'm not done yet!" Sheng shouted.

But it was too late Meng already hung up.

"Damn him" Sheng said throwing the phone on the floor.

"What is wrong Sheng, her mother asks?"

"Meng's not answering my call" Sheng said angrily.

"Well maybe he's busy" her mother said then continues "you know if
he's busy don’t bother him ok? That is not nice and polite, guys don’t
like that kind of girls who call and check on them all the time"

"Fine, whatever!" sheng said and walk off mad.

***back at the hospital

Meng walk back towards Mai's room, where he finds with Hakkie talking
and laughing. He hides behind the doors and listen to them.

"So are u better now?" hakkie ask sitting next to her bed.
"Yeah, I guess I'm ok" Mai said sitting up on the bed.

"Where is Houa?" Mai ask.

"Oh, she have to help my mom with some stuff so she can't make it,
sorry to disappoint you" Hakkie jokes.

"Shuddup!!" Mai said as they both giggles.

"So when can u go home?" Hakkie ask.

"Hmm…I don't know, the doctor hasn’t say anything to me yet" Mai
answered.

Hakkie smile and look at Mai.

"What?" Mai ask looking at him.

"You're very pretty, u know that?"

"Tsk whatever sure" Mai said looking away.

"No, I'm for real, I like you" Hakkie said still staring at her.
"No, Hakkie don’t do this to me, you know I have a heart problem,
don’t try to cheer me up ok?"

"No, I'm not, I'm telling the truth.

As he said that he got up and lean close to her.

"What are u doing?" Mai said backing her head away.

"I wanna kiss you" as he said that he quickly kiss her on the cheeks.

Mai push him away "HAKKIE!"

Hakkie laugh and sat back down. "I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, ur
just too cute!"
"Don't do that again" Mai said making a face and tries to wipe off the
kiss with her hand.

"Hahaha….ok, next time I will warn u fist" he said.

***outside the room

Meng who saw everything couldn’t believe his eyes. "What are they
doing? Why is she doing this to me?" Meng ask himself. "maybe, she
loves him too, Mai, I want to see you happy, I will do anything just to
make u happy, if he make you happy then I will let you go" he said as
he walk sadly out of the hospital.
***meng found himself a hotel to stay that night and quickly went to
bed.

***back in the hospital room

Hakkie has left and Mai couldn’t sleep, so she got up and went to look
out the window.

Looking at the stars Mai wonders "*sigh…Meng are u still here in town
or have u gone back home already. Don’t you know that I'm dying?" as
Mai said that tears started running down her cheeks. "I said I don’t love you but, yet I can't stop thinking about you, what should I do Meng, I
don’t know what to do anymore". Mai wipe off her tears and walk back
to her bed, as she got to her bed she felt dizzy and fainted.

Just when a nurse walks by doing her regular night checks she found
Mai on the ground. She quickly calls for help and try to wake Mai.

The doctor quickly ran into the room and carries her to her bed.
"What happen here?" the doctor ask.

"I don’t know, I was walking by checking every room and I saw her lay
on the floor" the nurse said.

After a long check the doctor walk out of Mai's room with a worry look
on his face. He walk to his office and started looking thru Mai's
record. "This is a hard situation, this patient have a heart problem and
now is pregnant too" he said as he writes down what has happen.

*** The next day

Mai woke up feeling dizzy "what happen last night? She wonders to herself. She looks around the room trying to remember what has
happen last night.

A knock on the door.

"come in" Mai called.

The door open and a nurse and the doctor came in. Mai saw them and
smile.

The doctor smile back "how are u feeling this morning?" he ask

"I'm good" Mai answered.

"We were worry about you last night the nurse said.

"What happen?" Mai ask.

The doctor sighs then sit down on the chair next to her bed holding her record.

"What is it doctor? Is something wrong?" Mai ask having a sense of fear.

"Well, you know that u faint last night right?"

Mai thought to herself "well, I remember walking back to my bed and
that was it"

"Yes, and u know why u haven't start your period for 1 month now?

"No, I don't, what is it doc?"

"You're pregnant"
Mai was shock "WHAT!?! No way, I can't be, there must be a mistake"

"No, this is the truth" the doctor said.

"What? This can't be happening, not now" Mai thinking to herself.

"Now if we can find the right heart at the right time for you then we
can save u and your baby, but if we can't then one of you can only
live" the doctor said.

Mai was speechless; she didn’t know what to say or what not to say.

"Do you want us to contact your husband or would u like to tell him
yourself?" the doctor asks.

"My husband? I'm sorry but I'm not married" Mai said.
"Hmm….that's weird, yesterday a man came to me and asks about your
situation, and he told me that he's your husband"

"What? Who is it?" Mai ask.

"I forgot his name but when I see him again I will let u know ok?"

"Ok" Mai answered.

"Doctor, please don't tell anyone about this ok?

The doctor smile and said "don’t worry if you don’t want me to tell
anyone I won't"

"Thanks"

"Well, I gotta go, take your medicine and eat ok?" the doctor said as
he got up and left the room along with the nurse.

Mai place her hand on her stomach "baby, I am sorry, but this is not
the right time".
*** back at the hotel

Meng got up and get ready to go back to the hospital.

He got to the hospital, and walk toward Mai's room "hey, I can’t go
see her yet, I have to go take the test first" he thought to himself
then turn and walk towards the other direction.

*** one hour later, in the doctor's office

"Well, Meng by looking at the test result, your blood and her blood are
a match, now are u sure u want to do this?" the doc ask.

"I love you Mai" Meng said to himself and answered "yes, I do".

"Ok then, lets do the paper work and everything is good.

"Ok" Meng said.

As the doctor search for the papers he asks "so u said ur Mai's
husband?"

"Yes"

"Hmm…weird, when I told her she said you're not her husband"
"You told her?" Meng ask.

"No, not about this but about….."Then he stops remembering what
Mai have asked him to do.

"About what?" Meng ask. "Something happen to her?"

"No, she's fine" the doctor said smiling.

"Ok, here we go, let's sign this and everything will be done" the doctor said handing Meng a hand full of papers to sign.

After 25 mins the paper work was done.

"Ok, now we just need to arrange a time and that will be all, when is a
good time?"

"When is the best time?" Meng ask.

The doctor looks at his calendar and said "next Monday will be good".

"Then Monday it is" Meng said.

As Meng walk out of the doctor office, he was feeling sad and happy at the same time, Sad for not being able to be with her and happy for
helping her. "I hope you're not mad at me for doing this to for you
Mai" he said as he walks to her room.

He slowly opens the door to her room and step in closing the door
behind him.

He walks over to her finding herself still sleeping.

"Hmm…still sleeping, you lazy" he said joking.

He looks at her sleeping and run his hand down her cheeks. Then give her a kiss on her forehead. "Mai, I love you so much, why can't I have
this disease and not you." He said.

As he said this Mai move her head open her eyes. She saw Meng
looking at her. "AH!" she screams.

"What? Am I that scary?" he asks.

"Yeah, you are, what are u doing here? I thought you went home already" Mai said sitting up on her bed.

"No, I want to see you, why would I leave?" Meng ask still staring at
her.

"Why are you staring at me like you'll never see me again in your life?"
Mai ask.

"Because I can, and because I love you, I want to see you all the time"
Meng answered quickly kiss her on the cheek.
"Hey! Stop it, you loser" Mai said rubbing her cheeks. "You need to go
home and say that to Sheng, she must be worry about you"

"Will you stop talking about her already? I don’t want to talk about her,
let's talk about u and me?"

"No way, there is nothing to talk about u and me, you got that?" Mai
said.

"Sure" meng said and then ask "so you found yourself a boyfriend?"

"What? Why ask?"

"Oh, just wondering" he answered.

"Yeah, I did so u need to get out of here before he shows up" Mai lie.

"Oh yeah, does he knows that he's messing with my wife?" Meng ask

"MENG! Stop saying that, I'm not your wife!" Mai said.

Meng laugh and ask "can I meet him?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because we are madly in love and we are going to get married soon
so you can meet him then, ok?" Mai lie again.

Meng was heartbroken "well, I just want to let you know that I love
you more than anything in this world and that I hope you and your
boyfriend will last forever ok?"

"Thanks" Mai answered
"And please take your medicine because I worry about you" Meng
added.

Mai force a smile and nodded trying to hold back tears.

Ok, imma go then he said as he got up quickly kiss her lips and walk out
the door.

"MENG!" Mai started to say…

bugsy

sarNie Adult
But before she could finish, he was out of sight.

“Meng, I’m sorry,” she sighed to herself. “Good. This is probably for the best. It’s also probably harder for me than it is for you but....I’m sorry.” Then with a hand on her tummy, she slowly looks down and says, “I’m sorry too, baby. You have to suffer alongside me and daddy.”

“Baby?” asked the man who was standing outside Mai’s door. Meng’s face became that of a confused one. “What baby?” he asked again as he froze with emotions. Several seconds later, the door to Mai’s room opens.

Mai looked up and to her surprise, she sees a very confused looking Meng approaching. “Meng….you’re still here? I thought you left.”

“I…I heard you call my name out loud so I turned back. So…..do you…….have anything to say to me?”

“Well, I kinda wanted to talk. About us,” said Mai slowly, as if scared of something.

“What about us?” Meng’s eyes widen as he anxiously awaits.

“I….I…” she paused for a few seconds. “I know there have been some history behind the two of us and I know it’s going to be hard but…..I think its for the best if we both really go our own ways. And I’m forreal now.” Another pause. “Will you be able to do that?”

“Will YOU be able to do that?”

“Yes. Yes, I will. And as a matter of fact I ha…”

Not waiting for another second, Meng throws himself onto Mai and their lips lock.

In their heads:

Meng: “Now tell me you still care for me! Tell me you’re not serious. I can’t take it anymore!”

Mai: “Meng, you bastard! Why are you making it so hard for me to forget you? Why? Please, stop….before I can’t control myself anymore.”

A few seconds later, Meng finally let go. He took a step back to look at Mai and her face was full of tears. He gently wipes it off. Aching with pain, Mai couldn’t help but gaze at him.

“O why are you making it so hard for me to hate you?” she thinks to herself. Then she finally says, “What was that for?”

He took a deep breath, as if in a sigh of disbelief then he said, “Tell me you didn’t feel anything. Tell me your heart does not want me. Tell me this is killing you just as bad as its killing me. Tell me and tell me honestly. Tell me that our separation is only a lie you’ve come up with. I’ve said it a million times before and I’ll say it again. I love you….you and only you. Now tell me…..with all the “history” you so called it earlier, with all that…haven’t you felt anything for me at all?”

Mai was sobbing by now and couldn’t manage to say anything but look at the man who she so dearly wants to tell everything to but can’t.

“And……..and tell me….who the father of the baby is.”

Mai couldn’t believe what she was hearing. What’s this? He knows? It was a tense moment for the two and they did nothing but look at each other in silence for a while.

“What…what baby?” she managed to say.

“The baby I heard you talking with earlier. I’m not as dumb as you may hope, Mai. Now tell me. Am I the father?”

Still staring at each other, Meng goes over and kisses her again. This time with her close in his arms.

“I can’t take it anymore” sobbed Mai to herself. “Meng, I…”

Then suddenly the door opens and a nurse walks in. “I’m sorry to interrupt but the doctor wants to see you right now.” She goes over and helps Mai out of the bed. As they walk over to and past Meng, the nurse says, “Don’t worry…I’ll bring her back.” Mai and Meng locks eyes as her and the nurse walks out the door.

“DAMNIT!!” yells Meng as he punches the bed.

--------In the doctor’s office------------

“Mai, I have very good news. We have found a donor for you but unfortunately, that person has asked me to keep him anonymous. But as long as we know that there will be a heart out there for you, we can start on the surgery soon. I have arranged for the surgery to be on this coming Monday. I know its soon but in your condition, the sooner the better.”

“Really doctor? There’s still such generous people out there to help out a poor women like me? Oh, I’m so happy. I really do wish to know who my donor is though. Is there anyway at all? And Monday? That’s only a few days away.”

“I’m sorry, but confidentiality is confidentiality, therefore, I cannot say. But so long as there is a donor, we should settle down on our worries. What I want you to do now is just to take good care of yourself until Monday. Can you do that for me?”

“Yes doctor. But it’s still a bummer not knowing who that kind individual who is willing to donate their heart to me is. And don’t worry, I’ll take good care of myself. My worries are almost gone now.” She said, smiling, hoping to fool the doctor.

When Mai gets back into her room, she sees that Meng is gone. But in replace, there is a letter on her bed. She goes up and opens it.

“I don’t care if you hate me. But please, don’t lie. I’m sorry if I overreacted earlier. I might’ve been a bit too strong all at once. But…..I’ve thought it through, and, I want you to choose your own happiness, even if I’m not in it. And just from earlier, I know already that you want me gone, which I will do. But before I disappear from your sight, you have to promise me one thing. Take good care of the baby on my behalf. I’m still confused about it but I know there’s something going on. When the truth comes out, I hope it’ll bring a brighter environment into your life. But as of now, knowing that you might be pregnant, I can’t sit back and watch you suffer any longer. I love you, Mai. And if you ever miss me, look deep inside your heart and I’ll be there.”

After reading the overwhelming letter, she slouches on her bed. A billion things rush inside her mind as she thinks. “Meng, you idiot. You got me so close to telling you everything and now you leave like that? I don’t even have anyone to share my good news with now.” “Mai, Mai. What are you going to do about yourself? Do you love him? You do, don’t you? Why are you so damn stupid? What’s stopping you? If you love him, you should fight for him, right? O gosh, I don’t know what to think anymore! Someone……help me!”

Just then, Houa walks in. “How’s it going?” Houa observes Mai facial expression and could tell she didn’t even notice that she had walked in. “Man, what’s up with her? She looks tense,” says Houa to herself. “Hello!! Earth to Mai!!??”

“What?” answers Mai quickly as she looks around the room.

“Wow, what’s gotten into you? Anything I can help with?”

“Hi Houa. Im sorry, I didn’t see you come in. And…I’m just thinking, that’s all”

“Thinking? You seem to be doing a lot of thinking nowadays. And thinking extremely hard especially today. Anything you wanna share? You know I’m here for you right?”

“Yes, I just….just don’t know what to do anymore.”

“Concerning…??”

“Concerning…..ahh, my head hurts.”

“Concerning Meng isn’t it?

Mai didn’t know how to respond except to look at Houa in desperation.

“Now I know I’m correct if you gimme that kind of response. So, has he stopped by lately?”

“Uh huh” nodded Mai. “He was just here a while ago and we kinda….well…I don’t even know. I wouldn’t say argue….or maybe it was….hrmmmm…”

“Alright alright….stop thinking so much will ya.” Houa gives Mai a serious look. “Just answer me one thing, I know its been hard with the whole deal with you, Meng and Sheng but, tell me, don’t you love him?”

“Houa, how am I suppose to know? I cant even sort out my own feelings right now.”

“Well, you need to realize it soon because I’m afraid even soon wont wait for you later on. But I’ve been your friend this long and I’ve watched you suffer numerous times. I can’t stand it anymore either. O gosh…why are we talking so serious all of a sudden.” They both giggle. “But I’m serious about one thing….if you really do love him, tell him. Fight it out. Whatever happened to the strong, happy girl I use to know? I want her back. And I want her back with her heart settled. You know I got your back.”

“Thanks Houa. You really are a good friend.”

“I know.”

(Outside, Hakkie heard all of Houa and Mai’s conversation.)

“Meng, Meng….where have I heard that name before?”

-------------------

Hi again…sorry to keep yall waiting but I wasn’t sure on some stuff. But anyways….here’s an update. I wanted to write more but I don’t wanna be a hogger. So Imma leave if for anyone else who wants to update to continue. Sorry to lynn and everyone else if I happen to ruin it for ya guys.