A hmong story

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
Dear Mai,
If you are reading this letter, I’m already gone. Please don’t worry too much about me cause I’m in a safe place. I don’t know but I just wanted some time alone to think about school. I know I should have asked for my Mom and Dad for permission to leave, but I knew that they wouldn’t let me go. Well Mai I know that I can’t make it to your wedding next week, so I wish Meng and you the best. I hope you two the best for your new lives that is just ahead of you.

Sign,

Mai

After done reading the letter Sheng quickly ran out giving the letter to her parents. Meng who was there to take Sheng on a date quickly rose up and grab the letter after her parents finish reading.

“Mai, why didn’t you just come and tell me that you’re going, so that I can say my good-byes.” Sheng mother cried.

‘No Mai!’ Meng thoughts after he was done reading the letter then ran straight out of the house.

“Meng!!! Where are you going?” Sheng shouted after him, but Meng didn’t stop but got into his car and drove away.
------------------
“Oh Houa, you’re here.”

“Hey Yer.”

“oh and this must be Mai.”

Mai nodded her head, “uh huh.”

“Well come in, don’t just stand there!” she said moving to the side to let Mai and Houa in.

“Yer, where is your husband?” Houa asked taking a seat on the couch.

“Oh he’s at his work place. Well enough about that let me show you to your rooms.”
-------------------------
“Meng where have you been?” his dad asked him when he walked through the door. Meng who didn’t feel like talking just kept walking to his room.

‘Damn it! Mai, where are you?’ he thoughts in frustration as he ran his hand through his hair. Collapsing onto his bed his mind wonder to where Mai could have gone, “Mai, don’t you know that your killing me from all this! Don’t you know that when you told me you wanted me to marry your sisters was already stressful enough, and now, you are gone missing! Damn it Mai!!! Don’t you know I love you and miss you!!!”
--------------
“Hey, Mai don’t wait up for me ok.”

“What! Houa, where are you going?”

“Just somewhere.” With that Houa quickly closed the door behind her.

“Ugh! Houa!”

Sitting down on her bed, her mind wonder of to what Meng might be doing.

‘Damn it Mai! He’s going to become your brother in law soon, stop thinking about him!’ she scolder herself. ‘Maybe getting some fresh air might help.’

Since everyone was out today and no one was home except for Mai, she decides to not turn on the lights. Walking downstairs, the hallway was completely dark, but then stop when she saw something moving from the kitchen.

‘OMG!!! There is a robber in the house!’ Mai panic. ‘Um…what shall I do?!?!?!’
Seeing that an umbrella was near her, she decide to take the risk, since this isn’t her house and she didn’t want to get a bad name, for letting robber into the house.

Walking quietly as she can towards the moving shadow, griping onto the umbrella tightly. When she saw that she was close enough to the robber, she quickly strikes him on the headfirst.

“Ya! Stupid robber!!! Who told you to come here and steal here!!!!” she continues shouted while striking the robber, who was now on the floor trying to block her hits.

“Hey!!! Who are you calling the robber uh?”

Mai who didn’t have the patient to listen, continuously striking him.

Then the door suddenly swung open, standing there was Yer and her husband along with Houa.

“Hey! Call the police, there is a robber in here!” Mai shouted while pining the robber onto the floor.

“Son? Is that you?” Yer’s husband asked looking toward the person that Mai was pining to the ground.

“Dad? Ugh!! Who is this manic person!?!?!?!?” he shouted sounding like he was having a hard time.

“OMG!!! Mai get off! It’s Hakkie!!!” Houa shouted in shock running over to Mai getting her off of Hakkie.
-----------
hope i didn't ruin the story! hehehe :sweat:

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
you guy are such a good witer... Can't wait to read the next chapter..

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
:shocked: i should've came in this thread earlier! took me about a week to finish the Chai and Dee story and i LOVED it!! you gals did a GREAT job!! now i got to start reading the Meng and Mai story!! Kepp up the great job writers!! :D

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
nooooooooooooooooooooo plz continue it please i beg u guys too i love this story its so freaking good... goshhhhhhhhhh u all have to con tinue it

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
sorry i'm not good this will be my first time and i just had to continue it.............

Houa said "Are you okay, Hakkie?'' He replied back to Houa " I'm fine. Who the heck is that girl that attacked me. Houa said "Sorry she's........" Mai interupted and said " I'm really sorry about that. i just thought that you were some kind of robber trying to rob they're house. i didn't know that you were they're son. And i'm Mai. Are you okay? Did i hurt you?............. " I said i was fine. Will you stop questioning me?,Hakkie said in a angry tone.Then he walked away. Mai turned around to Yer and her husband and said " i'm really sorry i didn't know that was you're son. Yer said " oh... it's okay everybody makes mistakes sometimes. Don't worry about it at all. You must be tired why don't we all go get some sleep, okay. Mai said "thank you for letting me and Houa stay here. You're being so nice to us. Yer replied with a smile "
it's a pleasure to have you 2 here.And no need to thank us at all.Just think of this as your second home and think of us as your family.Alrite enough talking lets all get some sleep." Mai said"okay, good night then.

That night my couldn't sleep she was thinking about Meng. Mai said to herself "you've got to get over him Mai. He's about to become your brother in law. And you can't take him away from Sheng you already promised her that you wouldn't." Mai got out of bed and went out quietly so that she wouldn't wake Houa up. Mai walked downstairs to get a cup of water. She saw the kitchen light turned on. Mai went to go check and saw that Hakkie was in there. Mai said "why are you still up?"Hakkie replied saying " couldn't sleep and why are you still up?" i couldn't sleep either, " said Mai."i'm sorry about earlier." No need to be sorry, said Hakkie.well i'm going to sleep then see you tomorrow morning." Okay good night then",said Mai.
And HAkkie went to sleep Mai got a cuo of water and went to sleep.

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
soory hope i didnt ruin the story and sorry had to reply three times my bad and i got her name wrong hope u read the whole box

bugsy

sarNie Adult
hey cool....another writer to the team! well...anyone who wants to continue....feel free to. I"ll be busy for a while so for now i'll just read. And I cant wait to read on too!

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
wow i'm shocked no 1 is continuing oh come on u people have some spririts and continue the story i noe u all have good ideas u have in ur head that u want to come out so just go for it.

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
The next morning Mai woke up and went downstairs. When she got down there everybody was at the table eating breakfast already. Yer said "Did you have a good sleep. You woke up pretty late. Mai said " yea i guess i did! Didn't i? Cheng said " Come sit down and eat some food, before you go to school. Mai said back " yea, okay i will." Mai sat down and Hakkie got up. Houa said "Going to school already?" yea i am, said Hakkie."See you later at school." He left and Mai said " Does he always go to school this early? Yea that him, said Yer.

well i gots to go to sleep i'm tired sorry it's not much but please continue ya'll.nitey nite.

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
Mai was laying on her bed, looking over her homework when Houa came in.

“houa did you bring the stuff I told you to get?”

Houa nodded, “yea.” she held up the bag full of books. “why do you need these book anyways?” Houa ask taking a seat next to Mai.

“because it will help me with my school and did my mom ask about me?”

“hm….oh I almost forgot.” Houa quickly got up from the bed and walk to the desk where her purse was at and took out an envelope.

“here.” Houa handed the envelope to Mai.

“what’s this?”

Houa shrug her shoulder, “ I don’t know, but your mother told me to give you this whenever I see you. Oh another thing your sister wedding has been move to next month.”

“what?!? But why I mean isn’t the wedding next week?”

“I don’t know but Sheng told me that it’s next month.”

“oh. Well hm…let me read this then.” with that Mai open up the envelope. After reading her eyes started getting watery as tears started to fall down nonstop.

“Mai, are you ok?” Houa ask worried as she see the expression on Mai face. Mai didn’t answer, but continue crying. But then Mai felt her breath started growing heavier by each minutes.

“Mai!!!!” Houa cried as she see Mai collapse onto the floor. Running over to Mai side, Houa violently shook her, but Mai didn’t seem to wake up. Getting scare, Houa quickly ran outside seeking for help.

“hey Houa, what are you doing?” Hakkie ask as he walk out from his room.

“Hakkie, Mai she….”

“what about Mai?”

“she…” Houa couldn’t finish her sentence since Hakkie quickly ran into the room find Mai on the floor.

Bending down he listen to Mai heart.

“houa call the ambulance!”
--------------------
Walking up Mai found herself in the hospital.

“Houa? Hakkie? What am I doing here?” Mai ask as she sat up on the bed.

“Mai.” the doctor said.

“yea.”

The doctor sigh, “we need to do a heart transfer.”

Mai became quite, while Hakkie looks over to Houa with questioning eyes.

“I’ll tell you later.” Houa whisper.

“doctor is there another way?” Mai ask.

The doctor shook his head, “your heart is really bad and it’s not working well, if we don’t do the heart transfer then….”

“then what?” Houa ask.

“there’s not much time left.” the doctor continues.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
thanks for the update guys. But im confused on one part. Why is she back in school? Isnt it still summer? I thought she was only trying to get away from home so she can see the doctor without any worries from her family. Lol. O well. S'all good.....the story still goes. Keep it coming people! ^_^

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
thanx 4 the update babe_girl it was nice.

Houa said to the doctor "what are you serious Mai doesn't have much time left? If she doesn't do a heart transfer?

"that's right. But it's hard to find somebody who's willing to give their heart away these days. Cause we don't usually have this until Mai we found out that Mai needed a heart transplant. said the doctor.

Hakkie pulled Houa out of the room and said "Whats going on here Houa? What's happening to Mai? What's wrong with Mai?

"I can't tell you right now i'll tell you another day please Hakkie let me go i've got to talk to Mai. said Houa

"NO! i'm not letting you go until you tell me what's going on here and what's wrong with Mai, Hakkie said angryly.Houa looked at Hakkie in the eye for a couple of minutes and finally she gave up.

" OKay! Mai has a heart problem. She had it before but it was cured. i just don't know how it came back. Now Mai needs a transplant and i've got to be there for her, Houa told Hakkie.

What about Mai's parents where are they when their daughter needs help right? Hakkie asked Houa.

Mai's parents never new that Mai had a heart problem. Mai won't let me tell her parents and she herself won't tell her parents, Said Houa.

Hakkie asked " why? Why won't she tell her parents that way they can help Mai and be there for her?

Houa said, Mai doesn't tell her parents because she don't want them to be worried about her and plus they already have have a problem at home, that they just probably settled.
and Mai's sister Sheng is also getting married in a month too. She they already have alot of things on there mind thats why Mai doesn't want to bother them with her heart problem." After Houa was done saying that she walked back into the room.

The doctor said " Well i'll leave you two alone. When you feel like your about to faint press this button and the doctors will come to help you okay.

Mai said " okay thank you doctor.

HOua said, Please try to find someone who's willing to give there heart to Mai and i will try my best to help too." The doctor nodded his head and left. Houa turned to Mai and said in a serious tone " i need to talk to you.''

Mai sat up and said, What is it Houa?

You really need to tell your parents about your heart problem. They're gonna be worried about you. They'll help you on this, Mai.THey'll go through this with you, said Houa.

Mai's eyes got teary and she said" I know but not right now when they already have enough problems that they need to worry about."

But this is a serious problem here Mai it's between life and death her so how can you not tell them. And besides everything else can wait till after your cured. I'm really worried about losing you as the bestest friend i have ever known in the whole world, do you know. SAid Houa. And Houa started to cry.

Don't worry about me Houa i'll be fine. You've got to worry about yourself too. and i'll tell my parents okay, said Mai.

Houa wiped off her tears and said " (snif...) you better tell them or else i'm gonna tell them myself. And tell them soon okay.

Okay! Okay! now go home and get some rest okay, Mai told HOua.

While at Meng's house....................

Meng said to himself "Mai why did you have to do that to me.
Do you really hate me that much? Do you really want me to marry your sister who i don't even love? What I'm i gonna do about you. Don't you know how much i love you? And what your doing to me you can't even see I'm dying inside because of you...........''

Meng's mom walked in and said Meng, ME TOU, come and eat you haven't eaten in days and your getting skinnier by the day.You shouldn't make me worry like that.''

Meng said to his mom'' Mom, Can i talk to you about something?

Meng' s mom said " sure what would you like to talk about?

It's concerning my marriage with Sheng. Is it okay to maryy someone when you don't love them, but you love someone that is very close to them......... said Meng.

Are you talking about Mai? Asked Meng's mom.

Yes i am. Mom you don't know it but i love Mai very much with my whole heart. Can't i just can't let her go no matter how hard i try to. Can you tell me how i'm suppose to marry her sister when i don't even love her at all one bit? And i just can't live with out Mai..............................

sorry hope i didn't ruin it. but i'm really tired now and i'm gonna go to sleep.