9 Day Ritual Without Food, Water or Sleep

byebye

sarNie OldFart
you lasted for 5 hours...I can't make it past 2. Especially, that time of the month...I need to eat and drink like I am starving. Anything required me to passed up on food I can't and won't do it lol

cecilia

Staff member
The only time when I starve is when I have no access to food. Props to him for being determine though ... 

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I've fasted without food for up to 10 days before but without water and sleep?!! That takes major discipline.

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I could skip breakfast & lunch but past 1pm I have to eat & drink or else I will faint and if not I will feel like I am dying. Starvation & dehydration are 2 scary things I fear of hehe. Sleep...no way could I be able to live for a day without it. Even if I have a full 8 hours of sleep I still get sleepy lol...& I am impressed that he chanted the sutras for 100,000 times. When you don't eat, drink & sleep, you don't any energy to do anything, you just want to sit still because if you don't you will lose your energy fast & get more hungry and thirsty, but he did not, it is like believe in the unbelievable things....And when you do not have those 3 essential things for so long, most likely you will not be sane to even talk but he chanted...very impressive!

Jacy

sarNie Hatchling
I once had to join my friend for fasting around one month... Its not because I want it but I was force due to respect for others and anger... I once didn't eat and drink for 12 hours and I need to walk and stand for a long time due to broken lift... After 3 weeks I started to had gastric.. Doctor gave me medicine but I didn't take it... Until now I kinda afraid of not eating.... It was really scary experience for me... Now I gain more weight than before...

fun

Expired Sarnie
I can go a few days without food but with no sleep, no way!!!

But recently I almost died from not eating. I had to walk 10 hours straight lifting heavy totes. By the end of my 10 hours, I was completely drained. I slept for 16 hours. No kidding.

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
I'm already starving by 10am no matter how much breakfast I had before that. I can't imagine doing this, hands down to him.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
My food schedule:

5am: coffee & toast
8am: coffee & breakfast
10am: coffee & snacks
11am: tea & lunch

Get the pattern right? Lol

Ms.Zoe

Lol...yea every 2-3 hours you will need something to eat & drink haha.

Lately I have been skipping breakfast & ate lunch a little late than usual so I had digestive issue since Sunday, today I feel a little better. I seem to never learn lol.

I wonder if this monk have any issues after he finished this ritual?

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Yeah, I have to eat every two-3 hrs or else I get moody. My portions are very small though but I constantly eat lol. If I'm in a meeting all day or for hours on end, I munch on nuts or dried fruits.

Ms.Zoe

You are one busy lady. Your pattern of eating & drinking is good. Eating big portion for a few times a day is not good.

And those nuts, they stop hunger fast lol. I eat almonds & they are hunger savers lol.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Trader's Joe and Sprout are like my best buddies. They have like the best varieties of salads, dried fruits, and nuts.

i really admire those who can fast and meditate. I tried meditation once and all sorts of work or school related stuff just throw a party in my mind as if I was schizophrenic or something lol.

Ms.Zoe

I have not been to Trader's Joe. I usually shop Sprouts once a week. 90% of the times I shopped, they were always out of nuts that were on sale, gosh it was frustrating every time >_< lol.

Meditation is not easy at all. I need to get back to it.

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
Lol my diet is so complicated I'm very picky with "American" food, I can't eat salads (very rare) or nuts/almonds, and then I'm stuck with horrible school food, so by the time I get home I'm super hangry, and my siblings never leave any food for me, so then I just gotta do the ramen noodles because I can't cook. Lol, I just can't eat small portions throughout the day, but I've been limiting my plate space and I've noticed that I don't eat as much as before which used to be two scoops of rice+side dish. ^_^ Can't imagine not eating my mom's cooking when I move out tho.

Ms.Zoe

I am an easy eater. I am usually the person who finishes the leftovers in my family. What can I say, I don't like to waste foods, if they are still edible & no one wants to eat them anymore then send them my way lol.

I am also opinionated on foods, will comment on them & will request what dishes to be prepared lol.

There is a saying like if you don't waste foods, Heaven will help you because you did not waste Heaven's gifts to mankind. I live by this saying & besides that I usually think of "what if I do not have foods to eat like some people in the world or a famine going on" so that helps me to not waste foods too.

It just irritate me when a person could throw all of the other foods away in a to go box after he/she took out a piece of egg roll out from the box because they just want to eat the egg roll only. Oh and at buffets, I only take a small portion of each kind of foods so that I could eat other kinds of foods without wasting.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
My eating pattern is so ridiculous. There is about one week of the month where I eat and eat until I literally want to throw up. I get so hungry but even if I am I not I still want to eat. I know it's not healthy that way but my hormones make it hard.

I like to eat healthy but could never do it. I craved for hot dogs and pizza like there's no tomorrow. Once a month I can eat a whole package of hot dogs by myself. I know it's not good but seriously it's hard to not give into the craving lol.

I am not a salad girl...but if I do eat salad I like to make mine with just lettuce, green apple, roasted pecan nuts and organic olive oil balsamic dressing. I do eat a lot of grill chicken with Chinese BBQ marinated sauce.