2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

none3

sarNie Hatchling
I'm watching the men's and women's Indoor and beach volleyball--cuz I play volleyball

Sports I like to watch:
-Men's & Women's Gymnastic
-Badminton
-Tri-Athalon
Of course, Track & Field. I like the hurdles and high jump and of course the 100m dash
--Clay Bryan is HOT
-Swimming--I don't like USA M.PHELPS...i think he's very arrogant.
-Diving
-Women's Soccer and last but not least Table Tennis

GO USA!!!!!! :yahoo: B) :arrg:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I rarely watch, but if I do, I like the Men's diving. And Figure skating; there's nothing like watching a man in tights. :D

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I like Phelps, he has every right to be arrogant because he can back it up. ^_^
He's kickin' ass and takin' names. :lol:
Woohoo! Go USA!!!

i could have sworn i posted in here, but i don't see my post. :huh: i'll repost. :lol:

i watched the 4 men relay swim team last night. they kicked france's as$ despite the french trash talk. eat that, france! ^_^ the us girls in gymnastics aren't doing too well, but shawn johnson is just doing her own thing. i completely missed the men's gymnastics team, although i hear they're not doing too well either.

that girl holding the usa sign was completely hott. :lol:

i'm basically watching swim, gymnastics & track. the chinese beat our as$ in diving, too. we didn't even medal for synchronized diving. :eek:

Liberty

sarNie Adult
the chinese beat our as$ in diving, too. we didn't even medal for synchronized diving. :eek:
It's a conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy! :p

That's okay, we spanked them in basketball. :D
I heard the women's bball team did well their first game too.

Oh! The Russian synchronized girls goes to my school! B)

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I loved the 4x100 men's relay last night. That's gotta be a top Olympic moment somewhere. I started screaming the last 10 or so seconds of it and woke up my parents. My dad was like who the hell died? I was cracking up at that trash-talking French guy, Alain, he looked totally devastated. You would think people would learn by now not to talk smack cause it always bites you in the ass, like it did the US when Aussies beat them and when Ian Thorpe got cocky and started the smack talking and Phelps beat his ass.

And anyone watched the drama between the one French and Italian female swimmer. It was like something out of a lakorn w/the boyfriend stealing and publishing of scandalous pics.

i didn't really pay much attention to the russian girls. are they hott? the chinese girls were. :lol: although i think they're too old for me. :huh:

the 4 men relay race was awesome. even the announcers didn't think they'd win. although they won, one of our girls (Katy Hoff) lost though just by that much as well. she looked so disappointed. one U.S. swim team wins by a tad bit, and one U.S. swimmer also loses by a tad bit. the races are so tight this year. :eek:

oh yeah. i watched the little drama between the french & italian swimmer as well. must be a big disappointment, since the italian swimmer was the gold medalist 4 years ago, and she placed last. damn. :eek: that's why you screw over relationships & pursue your dreams instead. learn from this lil' lil' ones. :lol:

noungning

Heartless
ah i saw that man relay and the women competition with hoff lost by like .07 seconds... bummer!!! haha

but sheesh the 4 men relay swimming, i had the goosebumps... eh i'm a fan of phelps! and a fan of park from korea, i felt so bad for his disqualification from the last olympics, he won a gold medal this year and made it up lol ;)

still tuning into anything i can before work again -_-

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
Go Michael Phelps the relay was probably the highlight of the swimming olympics that guy Lezak should be the flag bearer for the closing ceremony

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
i lovee the olympics! too bad i won't be able to watch michael phelps swimming... tears! i love watching beach volleyball! so intense! i miss playing volleyball now.. sigh :D

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i loveeeeeeeee it!!! i love anything reli to do with sport ahahaah!!

im still watchin it haha atm its diving GO CHINA!!!

OMG did any one see Liao Hui ? weight lifting?? aint he just cute!!

can anyone fill me on what happened in swim & gymnastics yesterday? :spin: when i got home yesterday, i was knocked out cold. :huh:

Liberty

sarNie Adult
You can check it out on the NBC site or just google Olympics.

Stats:

All Medal Standings (medals from all the other olympics since it started, well not since ancient Greece, but you know what I mean):

1. USA = Gold - 897; Silver - 693.5 (I don't know how you get a half); Bronze - 606.5 Total = 2197
2. Sov. Union/Unified Team = Gold - 440; Silver - 357; Bronze - 325 Total = 1122
3. Great Britain = Gold - 190; Silver - 245.5; Bronze - 242.5 Total = 677.5

2008 Olympics Complete Medal Standings

1. USA = Gold - 7; Silver - 7; Bronze - 8 Total = 22
2. China = Gold - 13; Silver - 3; Bronze - 4 Total = 20
3. South Korea = Gold - 5; Silver - 6; Bronze - 1 Total = 12

Day to Day Medal Standings Day 4 August 12, 2008

1. USA = Gold - 4; Silver - 3; Bronze - 2 Total = 9
2. China = Gold - 3; Silver - 0; Bronze - 2 Total = 5
3. South Korea = Gold - 1; Silver - 2; Bronze - 1 Total = 4

*** Courtesy of NBC news.