2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

So who's watching it... I do have a TV; just not TV signal to watch TV... lol... :p If I can find a place to watch it Ima wanna watching just the GRAND OPENING and ENDING only... lol...

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Eh...I'm not watching it. I don't know why but I don't find the Olympics that interesting.
I still can't believe they made tennis an Olympic sport.

myx

sArNieZ
my uncle has comcast at his house, imma go over there and watch. i think it air like 7 p.m. at night today, i'm not sure gatta go check again.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I love the Olympics! :D I won't get to watch the opening tonight cause I won't be at home but I'll be watching everything else. Literally. I love swimming and track & field, then basketball. Also like gymnastics, beach and regular volleyball, tennis, triathlon. I'll be tivo'ing everything.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I'm watching the opening.
I was wondering if Yao Ming would be in the Olympics, my boyfriend said he was injured so he hasn't been able to play the last season.
He's better now so looks like he's playing for China.
There are quite a few Americans who are playing for other countries. One guy has German grandparents so he's playing for Germany.

OMG! :eek: i Loved the opening ceremony. ^_^ ^_^ The performance were AWESOME!!! B)
Totally worth my time waiting to watch it since I came home from work. Unbelievable. The outfits were totally COOL, the show that were performed were beyond GREAT and OMG it was just perfect. I really enjoyed it and LOVED IT... 10 Stars for it all... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
i agree!
i totally loved how they lighted the torch.

i only watched the opening ceremony, which was pretty good...:) beijing is really hyped up about all this taking place there...

the only qualm i have is that it pushed back the airing of Gae Roy Ruk's third episode...lol...

darvil

sarNie Adult
The ceremony was so good.. I dled an HD version 5 gig version of it. Gonna show it to people I know here.. Plus the damn advertisements pisses me off. Now I'll get to see the whole thing which was pretty awesome in my book.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Woohoo, the US women's basketball team won (their first game)!
Looks like the US men are going beat China, they're currently 26 points ahead. Yay!

I said I wouldn't watch the Olympics but my boyfriend has it on the channel so I can't help it. :D

noungning

Heartless
i love the olympics, all games are great. i especially love swimming and gymnastics, but i've watched all i can since it's been airing.

the opening was the best i've ever seen for olympics, they did a very great job. i'd watch a few more times also :D

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I think there's a conspiracy going on with synchro. dive.
China made several mistakes between their 5 dives and they still recieved high scores (10s). <_<
Damn Czech judge.

margaretthao4

sarNie Adult
I dont think anyone can top Beijing's opening ceremony IT WAS SPECTACULAR!
However I was dissapointed that I didnt see Lee Hom or Jay perform! :(

Kenshin

sarNie Egg
I watched the opening ceremony. That was just crazy. Then I fell asleep halfway when they were announcing the countries. :p

The Olympics are being played on 3 different channels. I don't even know which one to follow so I just flip through each during the day whenever I have nothing to do.

max

sarNie Elites
Ahh! The opening ceremony was so amazing! I was so speechless watching it! As for the events, I am excited for all events, but especially Gymnastics! Oh my goodness! I have always been a fan of Chinese Gymnastics, and I hope that they win gold for Gymnastics!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Ahh! The opening ceremony was so amazing! I was so speechless watching it! As for the events, I am excited for all events, but especially Gymnastics! Oh my goodness! I have always been a fan of Chinese Gymnastics, and I hope that they win gold for Gymnastics!
I was watching gymnastics earlier. The annoucer said that they had to be at least 16 years old the year of the Olympics but there have been speculations that some of the Chinese gymnists aren't.
I didn't realize they had to be at least 16 until I heard that, the first two Chinese girls I saw didn't look anywhere close to 16.
I've seen some young looking 16 years old but even for Asians, they look way too young to be 16. They look like they were about 9 or 10 years old.

Then again the little boy walking with Yao at the opening ceremony was said to be 9 but I he looked more like he was 5.

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
Did anyone mention that they were checking to see if the women competing were actually women and not men posing as women?

There's a lot of women who have been in the olympics who were born as women but possess a Y chromosome and so they get disqualified. This year they're also keeping all the test specimens for 8 years, so if they're not caught now, they will be later.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Did anyone mention that they were checking to see if the women competing were actually women and not men posing as women?

There's a lot of women who have been in the olympics who were born as women but possess a Y chromosome and so they get disqualified. This year they're also keeping all the test specimens for 8 years, so if they're not caught now, they will be later.
:lol: I haven't heard that but I wouldn't be surprise. A lot of these women do look a tad manly.