> [2007.05.10] Deep feelings, made a beautiful story.,

minankumo

sarNie Adult
[2007.05.10] Deep feelings, made a beautiful story.
[中國時報]感情特別濃 故事一籮筐

Mother's day just round the corner, quite a few artistes come from single parent family, they were brought up by their mothers from young, and so naturally, their relationship with their mothers are very strong. What story do they have to tell? Lets hear from them!

Ariel Lin took over the responsibility of her family when her mother fell ill.

From what Ariel could recall, her mother was the one who brought both her brother and herself up from young. And when she was young, she would often ask for her father. Her mother would then reply, "your dad's doing business in China." Without her father's help in raising the family, Ariel's mother had to be very strong and determined. And hence was very strict with both Ariel and her brother. Ariel said, "in my heart, I'm always wrong and my mum's always right."

Under her mother's care, Ariel and her brother were never out alone ever since they graduated from primary school. Besides going to the university, home was her whole world. As compared to her brother, Ariel's mother had a higher expectation of her. There was once when Ariel failed to write out the words nicely, her mother took a 30cm long ruler and began to hit her palms, and she only stopped when Ariel's hands started to bleed. Ariel said, "after that, my mother applied medication on my hands and at the same time she was also crying. I know that my mother did that for my own good and so there's nothing to complain about."

Ariel's mother had to work day and night. When Ariel was still attending high school, once, she witnessed her mother fainted, and was immediately rushed to the hospital. And that was the only time when both her and her brother had to look after the family. Ariel said, "in my heart, I was really worried and afraid that my mum will just leave us like that." Her mother was diagnosed to have a mild stroke and Ariel started to take over the responsibility of looking after the family.

Every year's mother's day, Ariel and her brother will always buy a bouquet of flower from the nearby shop, and give their mother a suprise. Ariel said, "we've been doing this for several years, but my mother will always cry." This year's mother's day, due to the filming of ISWAK2, Ariel could not spend this special day with her family. But she promised her mother that after the filming, she will bring her to New York for a holiday. When her mother heard that, she was really excited. And even signed up for english class, she's the oldest there though.

translated by: eun
source from: 中國時報

credit: ariel-lin.com