1805, Min Island

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
:thanks: Neena for another great update!

Your time and effort are very much appreciated and keep up the good work!

Can't wait for more.............

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 06: THE FESTIVAL

Nadech bought his hands up, ready to wrap his fingers around her small arms.

“He told me he loved me…” she finally said.

Nadech knew exactly who she was speaking of; before he could even touch her, his hands returned to his sides.

Yaya combs her hair behind her ears and looks up at him after stepping back from him. Nadech’s face was expressionless but his eyes were searching for hers. Yaya’s tears had dried leaving stains on her cheeks. She saw him staring at her. “What am I going to do?”

“How about you, you love him too?”

Specs of rain began falling, the dark black clouds above warned them of the coming storm but they only felt the strong wind that blew past them. It turned into a staring contest between them, Yaya unable to answer his question, thinking of what to say. He waited for her answer, his reaction to it, he wasn’t even sure. Lightning struck and the harsh pouring rain came down upon them.

“I do…very much I do.” Yaya finally admitted, hoping the strike of lightning was a sign from the heavens to say those words.

For some reason, he couldn’t figure out why, those words pierced right through him. Then they were distracted by the call of Yaya’s name from close by.

“We should get back before we get too cold.” Without thinking about Nadech at all she leaves him on the cliff.

For a very long time, Nadech stood in the pouring rain on the cliff, thunders roared but he didn’t notice, his mind was stuck in the past, he wondered why it hurt a little when she told him she loved Pope.

Late night rolled around, Nadech lays in bed staring out the glassless window at the rain water dripping from the roof of the house. On the other side of the house, with her mother sleeping beside her, Yaya was also staring out the window looking at the dripping rain. In their minds told a different story. Nadech thought of Yaya, all those times he was put to work he now remembers her smiles. Yaya thought of Pope and how much he would fight for their love.

The next morning Nadech woke up, his head was burning so Yaya went to Mrs. Simla, asking her to come check up on Nadech.

“Can you tell me what these are?” Mrs. Simla holds up the orange jasmine leaves in front of Yaya’s face. She’s found out about Yaya using the leaves to make Nadech think he was still ill.

“Those…”

“You have been giving that poor boy these haven’t you?”

“Why would I do that? I want him to leave the village as soon as possible; I wouldn’t want him to think he was sick-.”

“Do you think I haven’t been watching? And the girls told me, you have been putting that boy to work since he got here. Making him think he was sick then when I’m not there, make him work? Yaya you know what’s right from wrong!”

Yaya frowns. “You’re the only other person I can’t lie to.”

“You got that right.”

“But really, this time he’s really sick. His head is really burning.”

“That’s your problem, you’ll have to fetch him the medicine because I’m not going to check up on him until he is well and you, young lady is looking after him. You must tell him the truth too, hear me?!”

Home again, Yaya pampers Nadech.

“Drink this.” Yaya holds the back of his head making him sip the bitter medicine. He lies back down on the bed.

“I’m afraid I won’t ever get back to the palace, falling sick every other day.”

“Technically, that is a part of my fault.”

“What do you mean?”

“I have been giving you orange jasmine leaves. It tricks your body into thinking its sick.”

“You been making me think I was really sick?”

Yaya nodded, feeling guilt. “Mrs. Simla found out and now…”

“Now what?”

“She wants me to take care of you until you are well.”

“Justice does exist after all on this island. I think I’ll need extra care because you were a lousy care taker in the past.” Angered, Yaya throws a towel at him, Nadech throws it back. “That’s no way to treat a sick person.”

“Beware; I can strangle you when you’re fast asleep.”

“And I have fast reflexes.” He grins.

The next few days turned into hell for Yaya, she had to accompany Nadech where ever he went. Even feeding him porridge in bed, take him on walks to end his boredom. Surprisingly, while Nadech was well and working for Yaya on projects she gave him, he became accustom to the villagers. Everywhere they walked Nadech proudly waved to villagers, even cracking jokes with some, this Yaya had never known, she began to see him in a different light.

“I never thought someone like you, a prince would understand us islanders.” She admitted to him one day when they stopped to sit out on the sandy beach.

“Of how free it is to live a life like this? I understand, more than anyone in the Yasortorn palace.”

“Why? Were you born on some island?”

“I grew up living on a ship not a palace.”

“You’re a prince though. Princes don’t grow up on ships.”

“My father loved the sea, so we toured all of Asia on his ship.”

“Really? That’s amazing.”

“He died when I turned ten though so I returned to live in the palace with my uncle, King Aawat in Yasortorn.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Nadech screams out.

Frighten, Yaya covers her ear. “What was that?”

Nadech chuckles, “Crying is overrated….” He reminded her of the day she cried in his arms.

"What was I to do?"

“Might I suggest screaming?”

“Does it work?”

“You don’t believe me? Try it out for yourself.”

Yaya squeezes her eyes and screams. She is out of breath now but she still managed a laugh. “You were right, it works.”

“See, refreshing?”

“You lived in a palace most of your life, when you felt like crying, where were you to scream?”

“My father loved the sea so much, so the last thing he told me was that he was turning into the horizon…there.” Nadech pointed out to the endless ocean horizon. “I would see him every time I went out to sea but I wouldn’t be able to reach him, still he would always be there. Since I was embarrassed to cry and believing he would never hear me if I wasn’t loud enough, when I feel most alone I’d face the sea and scream to him all my sorrows…a father does that, takes away all your sorrows.”

“And a mother doesn’t?”

“I can’t remember my mother; she died when I was three.”

“You’re still more fortunate than I am.”

“More fortunate then you? Who is the mother you call at home then?”

“I was adopted, this doesn’t mean I don’t love my adoptive mother, I love her with all my heart but it would be nice to have a little memory of who my real parents were and why they would leave me.”

“They would never have left you without reason, right?”

"I pray not."

Back at the palace, Pim (Yaya’s mother) enters princess Ja’s bedroom chambers and takes her seat on the rug in front of the princess.

“I am present now, you wish to speak to me, your highness.”

Ja with a smile always on her face. “I was told you are Yaya’s mother, am I correct?”

“Yes. Yaya is my daughter.”

“After all these years, she has become like a sister to me while working for the palace...I welcome you also to the palace.”

Pim smiles. “She is the sweetest girl, your highness.”

“She hasn’t come around to the palace lately, is she well?”

“She is very much well, your highness, it’s just she has been working on the festivities for our village.”

“I see. I hear your village throws the best festival on all the islands. Would you have Yaya accompany me to it this coming week?”

“Your highness, it would be a great honor to have you come but you are newly wedded, I assume the crown prince of Yasortorn will disagree with your decision to be accompanied by a family of low caste.”

“Nonsense, this is my decision…and the last time to celebrate such a holiday in my home country. Just once I would like to experience it with no one but my people. If there is one thing your daughter has taught me, it’s that my people will always be with me no matter how far away I move to. I want to spend my very last days with them. Can you sent her my message?”

“Of course, your highness.”

Pim closed the bed chamber doors behind her, she looks up and Pope was standing in front of her. He overheard the whole conversation, most importantly, he now knew Yaya was brought up in the conversation, this would somehow lead him to her after so many days away from her.

“Pim? Is your name?” Pope remembered her the first night he came to Min Island.

Overjoyed, her son finally called her by her name. Pim’s eyes teary and she was ready to cry but had to hold back to finally speak. “Yes, your highness. My name is Pim.”

“Would you like to tell me about this festival I keep hearing about? And where exactly is the princess going to celebrate it?”

Pim stared at Pope, afraid to speak. For one, she didn’t want her son to see how his mother was living or who she really was. She invited herself into his world to stay close to him never intending to bring him into her world, but he was the crown prince of Yasortorn, her old home, she couldn’t lie to him about the princess’s whereabouts either. Princess Ja was after all his wife. She would face death if she brought the princess any kind of harm.

There was one more day until the festival would begin. It would take a whole week of celebrations. Left to right Nadech and Yaya helped one another prepare the final touches to the wooden stage craftsmen craved. Stalls were set up in the marketplace to look the most colorful out of the whole year. The instruments were set up next to the stage and the players were decided. At the marketplace, Yaya chose a new sarong for Nadech, one with beautiful colors and flowers. His new shirt was knitted by village girls who adored him. Yaya wrapped a turban around his head then he wrapped one around her head.

The next few days were days of celebration for the people of Min Island. There were pageants, music, dances, everything the islanders could come up with just to celebrate. On the third day of the celebrations, Yaya returned to the palace and together with the princess sneaked out to Yaya’s village to join her in celebrations for the evening. Pope knew of everything, he watched Yaya and Ja sneak out together. Pope covered himself with a scarf and rode off after them but he kept his distance making sure they wouldn’t know they were being followed.

After months of planning and teaching dance, it was time for Yaya's group of ten little girls to perform, they gathered, to finish their make-up and put on the best outfit made by Yaya backstage.

“Okay, remember what I taught you all?”

All ten little girls said in unison. “Yes!”

“Good, best of luck!”

All ten girls hurried onto the wooden stage, they were in knee length sarongs with colorful silk tops. Each had on a head piece made from birds of paradise feathers. The band to the right of the stage began playing and the audience clapped their hands to the beat of the music. The girls began their routine dance. Princess Ja was sitting in the audience, she was disguised by wearing commoner clothes, she claps her hands to the sound of music.

Faces so white, lips so red, the make-up was too much for the pastel colors of the sarongs and tops. Nadech was in the audience he couldn’t help but laugh to himself, scratching his scruffy chin, looking from one girl to the other, all the little girls had on hideous make-up.

Nadech made his way to the back of the stage; Nadech taps Yaya on the bare shoulder. For a change she wore a long white gown, her sleeves on her shoulders.

“What?”

Nadech almost jumped a few more steps away when she turned her face to look at him. It was white as a ghost’s. “Wh-what is that on your face?”

Yaya rubs her white powdery cheek. “Makes my skin smooth, I bought it from Yasortorn, they call it pearl powder…being a prince of Yasortorn, you sure know a lot.”

“Pearl powder? Is that what you used on those girls? Your turning them into little girl ghosts.”

“Little girl ghosts?!” Yaya gasps.

“Instead of entertaining us all, their performance will haunt everyone in the audience. Give everyone nightmares.”

“How rude of you!”

“There is no need to use so much. Come with me.” Nadech grabs her wrist and they walk to the barrel of drinking water next to the stage. Nadech dips the pitcher into the barrel collecting the water.

“What are you doing?! That is water for drinking.” She tries separating her wrist from his strong hold. He dips his hands in the pitcher of water.

Before she could run from him, his wet hands were on her cheeks, scrubbing the powder from her cheeks. He wipes under her eyes with his thumbs. Holding her small face in his hands, he tilted her face up. With one hand now holding her face in place he wets his other hand in the pitcher, bringing it up to wipe her face again and again. He wasn't paying attention to how lost she was looking into his eyes. Her face was finally powder less and he smiled.

“There, no sign of a ghost...” he teased. “Only you.” Nadech lets go of her, she felt her wet face with her fingers. “I have come to really just like a Min Islander for who they are, not with all that pearl powder.”

Yaya, for the first time since knowing Nadech she felt this man was someone she would never want to lose.

In the distant side to them, Pope watched on, he took a deep breath, feeling betrayed.

“Nadech…”

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Aww, Neena, you made my day!

Another great update. I really like the feel of this story. It feels like you are taking us to a magical place, very serene, peaceful, and tranquil.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

:dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Neena!!! This is really good. I am completely enjoying this! Please keep sharing with us na. Thank you, hon!

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER O7: GOODBYE MIN ISLAND

The next morning, Nadech knew he couldn’t stay in the village any longer; since now he was found he had to return to the palace with Pope. He didn’t know why but the thought of Pope only made it worse because he couldn’t get the thoughts of what happened the previous night.

THE PREVIOUS NIGHT:

Pope grabs Yaya’s wrist but Nadech grabs her other wrist.

“Let go.” Demanded Pope.

Then villagers started calling Nadech by the name everyone has been calling him since coming to the village, ‘Royal guard’. The voices came closer; they would all be discovered any minute now so he released Yaya’s hand. She stared at him with widen eyes as if she asked him why did you let me go? Without any care, Pope dragged her away just in time for the villagers to reach Nadech. They began tugging his shirt, asking for help, he was in demand, he had all the ideas even the smartest villagers wouldn’t know of.

After the stage performances were over Nadech went to search for Pope and Yaya. He finally found them standing on the beach close to her house built on top of the water. Nadech stared at their figures, watching as Pope held Yaya’s face in his hands, Pope moving closer to her face ready for the kiss. Nadech turns the other direction too soon to see their official kiss, his heart pounding. He ran off but bumped into an old wooden boat.

BACK TO PRESENT TIME:

Nadech dips his face into a bowl of cold water to keep his thoughts from wandering to the previous night. He returns to the surface and wipes his wet face with his hands. The thoughts haven’t completely disappeared but perhaps returning to palace life would make him forget Yaya.

For the first time in his prince life, he is making the bed he slept on since coming to the village. He laid out the bed-sheet and made the pillow fluffy again. While repeatedly patting the pillow he noticed how lumpy the inside of the pillow case was. He stuck his hand inside the pillow case to fluff the insides of the cushion but felt another piece of cloth that wasn’t attached to the pillow itself. He pulls out a shirt. He had never known that all this time he was sleeping on a shirt, a very little shirt meant to be worn by an infant. The first thing that came to mind, it was some type of voodoo Yaya was pulling again but strange enough, the texture and color of this shirt seemed too familiar to be true. He’s seen it somewhere. Determined to find out why the shirt looked so familiar Nadech stuck it in his pocket. He touched his face and felt how scruffy it had become, he was ready to shave off the beard he was growing when he returned to the palace.

He thought he would see her one more time before leaving her village. Nadech raises his fist to knock on her wooden bedroom door but he stopped. Sighing, he turned his back on the door and walks away.
Along with an officer from Yaya’s village, Nadech returned to the palace with Pope while all the villagers slept in that morning due to over partying from the festival. The ride to the palace was silent, Nadech didn’t want to ask about what happened between Yaya and Pope. He wasn’t ready to hear Pope brag about some kiss. Surprisingly Pope was silent as well, he couldn’t look Nadech in the face and he’s never seen Pope so focused on a novel before in his life.

When they reached the palace Nadech was welcomed again by the royal family who didn’t have the opportunity to really chat with him the night of Pope and Ja’s wedding before disappearing.

“I heard you were in a secluded village off the east coast of Min Island.” Said the king of Min Island.

Nadech was back to dressing in his regular tan breeches, white collared long sleeve shirt with a knitted plait vest. His face was shaved now. After living and bathing in Yaya’s house, he’s never felt as clean as he felt right now. He sets the tea cup on the table separating him and the king.

“Yes, your majesty, must I say if I didn’t have the opportunity to get lost out there I wouldn’t have known the true meaning of being a Min Islander.”

The king laughs enjoying Nadech’s company. Nadech glanced over at Pope as he was walking in the hallway outside the room where Nadech and the king was, he’s never seen Pope so serious in his life. There was no expression on his face whatsoever. Pope's changed since the day they returned from Yaya's village.

Day turned into night and Nadech continued to picture Pope and Yaya kissing. He stood outside his bedroom balcony and stared out into the black sea. Meanwhile back at Yaya’s house, she slept next to her mother. The past few days have been sleepless for her as well, she stared up at the wooden ceiling and pondered until she turned to her mom's back falling asleep with her arms wrapped around her mom.

That night Pope spoke to Ja’s servants and asked them not to disturb him and his wife so he could spend the night with her. The head servant in charge of preparing Ja for bed leaves her room finally and Pope enters Ja’s bedroom for the first time since they were pronounced husband and wife. The moment he entered the room, closing the door behind him, Ja stands up from her bed, she was nervous when she heard the doors shut, her palms sweating but like Ja, she was always smiling. In a pink night gown, her thick black hair streaming down her back and over her chest. He was in his red robe, his hands behind his back.

“I…wasn’t expecting you to…” she said nervously.

“I know we have been married for over a month and we never had the chance to really speak to each other. With Nadech missing and other complications we always had to postpone our wedding night.”

Too shy to say anything, Ja was silent, only listening to how nice her husband’s voice sounded speaking only to her but she finally broke her silence. “Wait right there, I’ll come over to you.” She wanted to prove to him she was able to find him even though she was blind.

Ja reaches out in search of him. She walked slowly up towards him, knowing he was close to the door. Instead, he walked to her, knowing she wouldn’t be able to find him quick enough. Finally her hand gently touched his shoulder. Pope looked down at her, she couldn’t look him straight in the eyes, he examined her face finding her very pretty but the thought of her being blind, and never being able to look at him completely saddened him so much he overlooked how beautiful she was.

“I need some water.”

Pope walked to the table by the window, on the table was a pitcher of water, he was becoming nervous himself. Somehow he had to think of a way to take Yaya away from the island and the only way was to convince Ja that she needed Yaya. He poured himself a glass and after swallowing the liquid he realized it was liquor. His face turned bright red easily.

“What is this?”

“Did you have some? My father found out you were spending the night here, he gave it to you as a gift.”

Pope turns to look at her. “Gift…”

Ja finds her way back to the side of her bed to sit.

Pope confronts her about the previous night. “I saw you leaving the palace late yesterday night with a woman…”

She didn’t want anyone to find out but she’s decided, she wasn’t hiding this from Pope. “I…went to the east coast to join the celebrations with a dear friend of mine.”

“Really?”

“This is the truth; I wanted to experience the festival for the last time before leaving…I know I should have told you…it’s just-”

The liquor was kicking in. “What if something was to happen to you? You…are unequipped to go out in the dark alone…would she have protected you as appose to you being in the palace?”

“Yaya, she is the most loyal person I know, she would never let me down.”

Pope smirks, now getting closer to his goal. “Yaya? Who is this Yaya? A woman who sneaks you out of the palace at night? How can anyone trust her with her unusually dangerous acts of service to the royal family? Until she’s proven to protect you with her life I don’t wish to see her around you again.”

“Don’t speak about her that way. Yaya is a true friend, more than anyone; she has helped me so much in the past.”

Pope walks to her, bending down to look at her face, she could feel his breath as he spoke. “How about the future in Yasortorn, if she was such a loyal person to you she should have been the first person to voluntarily leave Min Island for you.” Pope gulps down another glass of liquor. It was helping; he felt the conversation was going in the right direction.

Ja thought about what he said, he didn’t mean anything he said but she took it to heart. How was she going to leave Min Island without being accompanied by her people, she was being reminded of the loneness she would endure in Yasortorn.

“You’re right…I’ll be leaving my people, my family…everything I’ve ever known is on this island. But…You’ll be there with me right?” she finally asked. “Crying while missing them too?…”

Pope stared at her as drops of tears streamed down her face but now he didn’t see Ja he saw Yaya in Ja. Only Yaya.

“Of course…I’ll be there.” He said as he leaned closer toward her face. Pope kisses the corner of her lips, Ja closes her eyes feeling the heat in her cheeks. Pope kisses the other corner of her lips.

“Thanwaht.” she uttered breathlessly.

Pope shushes her. “From now on, every time we are together, just the two of us, let’s just be regular people…no title of any sort…okay?”

As he kisses her neck she hugs him tightly, holding the back of her neck laying her down on the bed, his body covering hers.

The next morning Yaya’s mother was invited to have tea with Ja.

Pim’s eyes widen. “Your highness, Yaya would never agree…she has never been away from me for such a long time.”

“Just until I adjust to Yasortorn, I beg of you, I am going to an alienated place with no one. It will also be the first time I am away from home. I promise you after one year I will return her to you.”

Pim sighs. “Your highness, I am grateful you have given my daughter and I so much but I can’t.”

“Oh I beg of you, Yaya is like a sister to me. For all I have given you please I ask for only this once.”

“Your highness.”

Pim returned home to speak to Yaya about going to Yasortorn with Princess Ja.

“No.”

“Yaya, she has done so much for us.”

“I can’t just leave you mother.”

“I know…but for the sake of the princess and as her seamstress you must listen to their orders, we are just commoners.”

“So we don’t have a voice. Mother, I will not go to Yasortorn, I will tell her this personally!"

It has been days since Yaya and Nadech as seen each other, he was becoming lonely not being able to work for her. One morning, Nadech and Pope rode their horses out to the field to play polo with other polo players. After a long game, Nadech’s team lost, the king and queen were impressed with Pope’s win. They both took off their helmets and shook hands.

After dismounting from their horses and everyone in the stables returned to their duties Nadech and Pope were the only ones in the stables.

“Good game.” Said Nadech.

Pope knew Nadech lost purposely to make Pope look good in front of his in-laws.

“Technically, we lost, right?”

“Of course you won.”

“Look, I’m not stupid; you purposely lost to make me look good.”

“Did you actually want to lose in front of your in-laws?”

“I don’t care about losing in front of my in-laws…they aren’t important enough to win over.” Pope turned his back on Nadech.

“Ever since I have returned to the palace, you have been giving me the cold shoulder, if there is something you want to tell me, tell me now.” Nadech was losing his cool with Pope.

“You know exactly what.”

“What is wrong with you?”

Pope finally turned back around. “Yaya! I want Yaya!”

Nadech scratches his forehead trying hard not to show this was difficult for him also. “Yaya…” He clears his throat before continuing. “This is about Yaya? Before you even become angry with me, you should know she doesn’t belong to anyone.”

Pope pokes Nadech on the chest. “You knew I loved her…how could you even start to look at her in that way. Now she doesn’t love me…she loves you!”

Nadech stared at Pope.

“I think I love him, Mrs. Simla”

“Who?”

Yaya smiles, her mind was somewhere else.

“The one who was stung by the sea urchin? The royal guard?”

Yaya smiles and nods. “The last night of the festival was when I really understood how much he meant to me.”

THE LAST NIGHT OF THE FESTIVAL:

Pope held Yaya close to him, the sound of the night was a mixture of waves and noises from the festival. He moved closer to Yaya’s face ready to give her that first kiss she always wanted. Yaya closed her eyes awaiting his wet lips against hers but behind those closed eyelids she didn’t see Pope’s face, she only saw Nadech’s face. He was smiling at her, the sweetest smile that came with so much warmth. Then her memory re-winded to when he fell on top of her in her mom’s room, back then she didn’t remember that feeling of how his lips kissed the tip of her nose but now when it was just a faint memory, that feeling was so real.

Yaya opened her eyes and covered her mouth with both her hands to stop Pope from kissing her. She shook her head no.

“I can’t kiss you.”

Pope released her and stepped away.

“I’m sorry…” At this point, Yaya didn’t believe she loved Nadech yet, she was a little confused about how she saw only Nadech’s face not Pope who she loved first. “When I closed my eyes just now I—“

“Who did you see?” Pope interrupted.

Yaya swallows, afraid to hurt him. “Nadech.”

Pope couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “I can see it in your eyes…you-“

They both heard a noise from behind them sounded like someone kicking something wooden and turned around to see if someone saw them together. They assumed the villagers were coming, this was Yaya’s opportunity to avoid his question so Yaya ran off when he turned back to look at her she was already gone.

Yaya took a deep breath and was about to knock on her mother’s bedroom door, she knew Nadech was inside. She had searched all over for him the whole night with no luck but was told by her mother that he had already gone to bed. She pushed the bamboo door and peeked inside, he had his bare back to the door so she couldn’t see his sleeping face. She closed the door.

PRESENT TIME:

“Actually for the past few days, I had even hoped he would just come walking out of that bedroom door. I waited for him but he never came back from anywhere…I miss him…I miss him Mrs. Simla.” Yaya’s tears filled her eyes. “How will I ever see him again?”

Mrs. Simla hugs Yaya, comforting her. “Go to him my dear…tell him you love him.”

“I never told you…or anyone in the village but…”

“But what?”

“He’s a prince.”

Mrs. Simla released Yaya from her arms and put her hands on Yaya’s shoulders. “Prince?”

“His name is Nadech…he’s the cousin of Prince Thanawaht who is married to Princess Ja.”

“Nadech?” Mrs. Simla repeated Nadech’s name in her mind again and again, it sounded too familiar.

Pope and Nadech stared at one another for the longest time. Tension was in the air but finally Pope proposed a solution to the fight over who gets Yaya.

“Tomorrow afternoon we leave for Yasortorn, remember what we did every morning in Yasortorn?”

“Compete in fencing.”

“Right…if you win fair and square in this game of fencing you will be able to tell her you love her. If you lose, I will take her to Yasortorn with me and you will return to the ship life you had when your father was alive.”

“If I win…I won’t just tell her something I’ve been waiting to say…I’ll return to that ship life of mine with her by my side.”

Tomorrow morning arrives. Princess Ja was waiting for Yaya to come, with high hopes that Yaya will agree to go to Yasortorn with her. Servants were bringing Ja’s belongings onto the ship. When Yaya arrived at the palace everyone was hurrying to get everything loaded before the princess and Pope boarded the huge ship. She wasn’t there just to meet the princess; she was also there to confess her love for Nadech.
Meanwhile after breakfast, Pope and Nadech rode out on their horses to Yaya’s village. Whoever won the fencing match would tell her he loved her. Nadech leaded Pope up to the cliff where Nadech met Yaya crying. The cliff overlooked the sea; Nadech had hoping his father was watching over him from the endless horizon, blessing him in this battle against Pope to win the girl he loved.

Pope drew his sword readying himself for the match. Nadech drew his sword and they stared at each other not as cousins but as two strangers. Nadech was confident, he’s won Pope countless times but even now he couldn’t let his guard down knowing Yaya was on the line. Pope with so much anger inside made the first strike.

They fought each other; sweat dripping from both their faces but neither one of them gave in. Breathless with all the energy they used but still powerful as ever, not giving in. Nadech raised his sword, ready to strike Pope but his whole body felt a sudden weakness, his knees fell on the hard rock, he used his sword like a cane to stand up but fell to his knees again. What felt like a stab to his heart wasn’t a stab but the beating of his rapid heartbeat hurting his chest. Nadech’s face turned white, his sweat covered his face, he tried breathing slowly but it wasn’t helping. His vision blurred, he watched as Pope walked to him, Pope kneeled in front of Nadech, pulled his hair back and stared into Nadech’s face.

“So do I win?”

“…You…” Nadech uttered. Nadech remembered it was the tea he drank this morning, he was poisoned.

“Instead of you taking her on that ship, I’ll be the one to take her, no hard feelings?”

Pope meant this literally, back at the palace; someone threw Yaya’s unconscious body onto the hay flooring of the ship’s storage room. Someone had drugged her on her way to meet the princess, covering Yaya’s mouth with a wet medicated cloth.

Nadech looked up at Pope’s face. “You can’t have her…ever.”

“I think I have already won.”

It took time but Nadech finally got back on his feet and raised his sword once more to challenge his cousin. He wasn’t giving up even though this poison was killing him, his love for Yaya was his only medication now, the thoughts of her ran through his mind. He wanted to kill Pope to end his madness. Pope punched him in the stomach but he took the blow to the stomach and stared again at Pope. Pope wasn’t happy with this; he continued to throw punches, pushing Nadech farther to the edge of the cliff. When he was pushed too close to the edge Nadech stopped the last step before he fell over the cliff. Pope smiled, took his sword with one swoosh, his powerful blade cut the left side of Nadech’s neck onto his chest, riping the white shirt he had on. Nadech’s had blood streaming down the side of his mouth, his eyes were bloodshot, and then he fell from the cliff, falling he saw Pope’s figure disappearing from his eyes.

Pim was at the temple making merits, while praying, her hands together, and her eyes closed.

“Today, on his journey back to Yasortorn to his father, please protect my son. Through this prayer let him know I love him with all my heart…I never abandoned him, I’ve only ever loved him, please have him know this. My little prince…my son Nadech.”

ukepearl

sarNie Hatchling
wait... yaya and nadech are siblings??? o_O
errr..... ...... if they get together woudnt that be...? o_O

no7260

sarNie Egg
Thanks for the update neena !!!!
@Ukepearl: i dont think they are sibblings. I remember Yaya was adopted. So Nadech is Pim's real son not Pope??
Sorry i don't know how to quote ^_^

ukepearl

sarNie Hatchling
OH YEAA!!!! ok that makes sense..... ...
THANKS NEENA for a great update! :) SHE LOVES HIM!
and thanks no7360 for clearing things up! ^^ ehehe

neena

sarNie Adult
Thanks for the update neena !!!!
@Ukepearl: i dont think they are sibblings. I remember Yaya was adopted. So Nadech is Pim's real son not Pope??
Sorry i don't know how to quote ^_^
CORRECT, Nadech is her son...not Pope you will find out why later :) And NO, Yaya and Nadech are not siblings...she is an orphan...Pim (whose Nadech's real mommy) is an adoptive mother only, his mom and Yaya are not related what so ever.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
WOW, what an intense chapter!

If Nadech is Pim's real son, then Pope's and Nadech's roles would be switch?

:thanks: again! Can't wait for more.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Starstruck

sarNie Egg
Thanks for the update! Oh no Nadech fell off the cliff and Yaya is kidnapped oh god! Anticipating what will happen next! Keep it up Neena!

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 08: PRINCE OF THE TRADE

The room was bright white, it was difficult to keep his eyes focused, the light was too much but he managed to squat until he eyes adjusted to the room. No one was around. The room seems endless, with every turn, it was like he was staring into nothing, just endless whiteness. Nadech’s body felt weightless, he walked on, leaping more steps then one. Suddenly he stopped when he was confronted with a figure that was walking towards him, soon it became clear to him that this was a woman, she had on a long gown and her black straight hair reached her waist. Nadech couldn’t move when he tried walking to her but his heart yearned to see who this woman was. Although everything around him was mysterious as can be, the presence of this woman gave this unknown place warmth. He watched as the woman stopped before her shadowy face could be shown before him. Something overcame him, he wanted to try calling out to her, and he felt a connection between them. He spoke the first words that came to his lips.

“Ma?”

“Don’t play here too long dear, come home soon.”

Even though he was staring at her shadowy face he knew she was smiling. She turns around and begins walking back to where she came from. Nadech screamed, “Ma!” but she never turned back. He could hear her echoing voice as she continued to tell him to return home.

Nadech opened his eyes; he was laying on a hard bamboo bed, his face covered in sweat. He lifted his head to touch his stiff neck then grunted in pain when he started feeling the sting of the wounds he endured. Pope left a trail mark of his sword from Nadech’s collar bone to his stomach. His chest was covered with herbal medicine leaves. The bedroom door opened and Nadech looks up at the man standing at the door entrance.

“I thought I heard you, you’re finally awake.” Said this unknown man, he was shirtless but his body was built. His scruffy beard and mustache made him look kind of badass. He was dressed like a Min islander, wearing pajama like pants and sandals. His hair was trimmed like a mo-hawk with more hair in the front then the back. Nadech knew he was still on Min Island.

“Don’t worry, you’re not in any kind of danger now, we brought you here to our home.”

“Where am I?” Nadech asked when sat up by using his elbows to support his body.

“Does that really matter? As long as you’re alive and ready to continue your life is enough to know. Knowing now you are alive, you shouldn’t have to worry.”

“Why did…”

Nadech was interrupted by a woman’s yelling.

“Honey, where are the fruits I told you to pick this morning? Where are you, you’re work isn’t done yet!”

The man chuckles, “My lovely wife…she’s a little bossy.”

The man left and returned with his wife. When the woman first laid eyes on Nadech she gasps with happiness.

“Aum, he’s awake!”

Aum introduced himself then his wife, “This is my wife Aff.”

Nadech looked from the Aum to Aff. Aff was a beautiful woman; she was dressed like a housewife, in her apron covered sarong and hair tied up into a large bun behind her head. Who has he been saved by? He could tell his life with this couple was going to be an interesting one.

“How are you feeling?” Aff asked.

Nadech sighs in pain. “I'm sure I look better then when you first found me. How long have I been asleep?”

“You bet, you were close to death when we found you two weeks ago.” Aum replied.

Two weeks ago kept repeating itself in Nadech’s head and he panicked.

“Oh no, Yaya…I have to-OW….” Nadech struggles to even bring his legs over to the side of the bed. After being in a coma for two weeks his body wasn’t use to movement yet.

Aff runs to his aid. “Take it easy, you’re still too weak. Wait, did you just call Nong Yaya’s name?”

Nadech looks from Aff to Aum, they both had worried looks on their faces. “What happened to Yaya?”

“Yaya is like a little sister to me…she’s been missing for two weeks now.” said Aff.

Nadech had an idea of what happened, after Pope tried killing him he took Yaya away from Min Island. He turned his hands into fists with his determination to put Pope to misery.

TWO WEEKS EARLIER:

A guard shoved Yaya into the cell and slammed the wooden door behind him as Yaya tumbled to the ground of hay and twigs. She stood up quickly and began slamming her fists on the wooden cell door.

“HEY! Open this door!! Let me out!!” Yaya yells at the top of her lungs.

She runs to the nearest window in the ship’s cell and stares outside, Min Island was nowhere in sight. Yaya slams her fist on the window, trying hard to break it, at this point she just wanted to break the window and swim back to Min Island not thinking about the dangers of the waters. At last, after slamming the window for an amount of time, there was no more energy inside her, she sat down on the hay below the window and began crying. Afraid she would never see her mother Pim again and all her friends on Min Island.

“Yaya?” whispers a woman.

Yaya gasps when she hears her name being called. “Who is it?”

A woman walks into the window’s light before Yaya. “Yaya?” the woman says again.

When Yaya sees her face clearly, she knew who it was. “Wan?”

It was Wan, the seamstress on Min Island who envied Yaya’s talent.

“What-what are you doing here?”

Wan stuttered. “I-I don’t know. I miss my family Yaya.”

Being a good person, Yaya opens her arms and welcomes Wan into her arms. Wan hugs Yaya, right away Yaya feels Wan’s stomach.

Yaya looks at Wan’s stomach. “Are you having a baby?” This would explain why she hasn’t been seeing Wan so much at the palace.

Wan nods. “But he wanted me to get an abortion.”

“Who?”

“My boyfriend, Yasa. When I told him I wouldn’t, he…he took me here.” Wan cries and hugs Yaya again. “I’m so scared, Yaya. I’m so sorry, I know we never started off as good friends but we are both citizens of Min Island, we must help one another…Goodness, I don’t know what to do, what if Yasa harms me and my child? I know he’s not afriad to. He’s hurt me before.”

“Shh…quiet…we’ll find a way out of this, I promise you, you won’t be in any harm. Neither you or your baby, understood?”

Wan continues to weep in Yaya’s arms. About Yasa, Yaya has never seen him before, but whoever he was, Yaya was ready to teach him a lesson.

Suddenly, the same guard reopened the door. Yaya and Wan were still holding each other. Yaya looked up hoping to catch a glimpse of this Yasa. The guard moved aside and revealed Yasa. He had on knee high boots and a long black trench coat. He wore a pirate’s hat with a feather sticking out of the side. He grinned at both Yaya and Wan after entering the cell.

“What do we have here, two friends. How sweet, two is worth more then one.”

Wan hid her face behind Yaya’s shoulder. Having enough of this, Yaya runs to Yasa and punches him in the face. Yasa readjusts his jaw after that hard punch and chuckles.

“I like Nadech’s girl…I’ll make sure to get a good price from her.”

“What did you say? Whose girl am I?”

Yasa smiled. “I’m sorry to spill the beans on my business partner but sooner or later his girls will find out.”

“What does Nadech have to do with me being here?...Tell me!” Yaya screams.

“What does Nadech have to do with you being here?!" Yasa mimicks Yaya. "You see, Prince Nadech has this…sick hobby. I kidnap the girls, sell them and what Prince Nadech does is fool them…mess with their heads, show them how much trust they can put in him.
He does a good job at it too, but then again he is a prince, who wouldn’t believe a prince. I mean who would rather get their heads chopped off then work for him, in any type of job field.” Yasa chuckles.

Yaya paused. “You’re lying. Nadech would never do such a disgusting job like you! Tell me where he is right now! Nadech! Come out now!!"

“He’s got you good. I have never met any of his women with your attitude. You love him enough to not believe any words I say?”

Yaya shakes her head. “I don’t believe you. You bastard! Let me speak to Nadech!”

Wan steps in. “Yaya please stop it.” She holds Yaya back. “He’s telling the truth.”

Yaya looks at Wan in disbelief. “No…you’re lying. You both are lying to me.”

“Ask them, if you trusted him too.”

Wan pointed into the darkness of the cell, soon enough, girl after girl began appearing in front of Yaya and Wan. They were women not from only Min Island but any other islands this ship had been to. Yaya steps back in disbelief that this was the work of Nadech.

“Before you came, Yaya…all these women were deceived too.” Wan cries and kneels onto the ground feeling hopeless. "Do you believe me now?" Yaya turns to stare at Yasa. She dreamt of giving him the worst punishment.

Yasa sighs walking towards Yaya. “You also need to understand another thing. When he’s given you to this ship, it means you’ll never meet him again. You belong to me now and soon, to any man living in Yasortorn.”

Yasa slaps Yaya across the face so hard she is unconscious after falling to the ground. Wan picks her up and rests Yaya on her lap, crying.

“You better watch her.” Yasa yells.

Outside turned into night and Yaya was still asleep on Wan's lap. Wan had fallen asleep too. When Yaya opened her eyes she hoped she had woken up from a dream but it was in the same cell she was thrown into earlier. She sat up and looked at Wan and Wan's growing stomach.

"Wan...Wan.." Yaya tried waking her up.

"Huh?...Yaya, what is it?"

"Tell me everything was a dream."

Wan shakes her head. "Its the truth Yaya."

"Nadech wouldn't lie to me, I know it."

"When you love someone, he doesn't seem like he could ever lie right?"

Yaya sniffs away her tears. "No, when I love someone, there is this trust I know that he wouldn't ever lie to me."

Yaya hugs Wan and cries herself to sleep.

TWO WEEKS LATER: ILLEGAL HUMAN AUCTION IN YASORTORN

The baking sun was burning Yaya’s sweating face. Yasa’s men had hoisted her up onto a poll, binding her hands and feet around the pole, bidding her off in public. They throw water at her face to wake her up. Yaya looked around to see a crowded market place filled with just men screaming and yelling out bids, she wasn’t sure what was happening but soon realized they were all staring at her wet face and body. She still had on the same clothes she wore since being kidnapped from Min Island. Beside her, all the other women who shared the ship’s cell with her were in the same positions as her. She turns to the right and sees Wan, her baby belly was out and she was exhausted from the heat, Wan's eyes were half opened. Yaya’s lips tried uttering Wan’s name but she was too weak.

Yasa brushes Yaya’s wet chin up. “DON’T LET HER NASTY NAPPY HAIR FOOL YOU! THIS IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL ONE. SHE’S FISTY TOO!...ANYONE? 5000 GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE…”

A bidder screams, “Everyone run, the royal army is surrounding us!!”

Finally a gunshot scared everyone, Yaya watched as everyone in the area scattered. She tries to break herself free from the ropes she was tied to but there was no luck. It turned chaotic when officers began ruining everything in their way. This auction was destroyed within minutes.
There were screams everywhere as men were beat to the ground by officers. Yaya fell to the ground after someone had cut her ropes free. She was so weak; she looked around and only heard people yelling, some for help, and others commanding to kill. Yaya needed to help Wan, due to lack of food in the last two weeks, she was so weak every step she took felt forever. Yaya fell to the ground before she could reach Wan.

Yaya watched as Wan held onto Yasa’s foot, keeping him from moving anywhere while he still fought with his sword in hand. Yasa kicks Wan in the stomach but she wouldn’t release him from her strong hold. Yaya could only read Wan's mouth as Wan screamed for Yasa not to leave her and the child. With enough strength, Yaya walks towards Wan but before she reaches her, Yasa rips his foot away from her hold, Wan falls to her back and with one stab to Wan’s stomach, he kills her. Blood gushes from her mouth, killing not just her but her child as well. Yasa runs from Wan's helpless body.

“WAN!” Yaya screams when she saw everything Yasa had done to Wan. Yaya grabs Wan’s bloodly body and holds her tightly, weeping. For two weeks on Yasa's ship, Wan became her friend, her sister even though they were enemies on Min Island.

Yasa turns around when he hears Yaya’s loud scream, they stared at each other, with anger in her eyes, she was shaking from uncontrollable hatred, but he showed no sign of remorse. He only smiled, walking farther away from them. Yaya could only watch when Yasa jumped onto his horse, and another man on a horse rode up beside Yasa.

This man with long hair, reaching his shoulders, she only caught a glimpse of his profile. His grin, his eyebrow, even side dimple seemed familiar, so familiar Yaya was afraid to even say his name because she wouldn't this man to be him.

“It can’t be…it can’t…”

All around her, officers arrested men and took the rest of the women, everyone was working fast to clear this illegal event while Yaya sat, pondering this question. Was this person with the long hair truly Nadech? He was smiling, with a person Yaya deems her enemy for the rest of her life. Dazed and confused, her eyes red from the crying, somebody starts pulling her away from Wan’s dead body, when she finally realized she screamed for them to bring her back to Wan's side but it was as if no one heard her cries. She watched in a blur as they carried Wan’s lifeless body away.

Before she could do anything else she felt strong arms sweep her up. It was like déjà vu, Nadech helped her the first time they met, these arms felt like his.

She called out his name breathlessly then asks, “This is a dream, tell me its just a dream." Just like the night she asked Wan if everything was a dream.

This person didn’t answer her, Yaya couldn’t care less, in these arms, she hoped was her Nadech, not the one she saw with Yasa, but the one who’s saved her from the bad guys before.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Yaaayyyyy, a new update!

So very sad for Wan, Yasa is so cruel and heartless.

Thanks, Neena. You made my day!!!!!!!!!!!

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 09: LOWEST POINT

Min Island was the perfect setting for a wedding. The landscape was green with mountains peeking out in the background, the cloudless blue sky, the ocean waves clashing calmly against the beach.
They were standing in the ocean, the water knee high making their vow as a married couple. He stares at his beautiful bride, she was adorned with a halo made of exotic flowers they both picked and had on a white long wedding gown while he was in a typical Yasortorn white thin shirt, sleeves long with puffy shoulders, like a handsome Romeo. His hair combed back like a prince. Instead of pants and boots, he wore a black flowery sarong in honor of having a Min Island wedding.

Nadech takes Yaya’s hand in his and kisses it. He stares at her for the longest time, never bore of her smile, her face. He was staring at his love, his wife, his life. Nadech steps closer to her, bringing her waist to fit perfectly with his. Yaya closes her eyes, anticipating the kiss he was going to give her.
“You’re marrying me today but I have to warn you, under one condition.” Nadech whispers. He presses his forehead to hers.

Yaya opens her eyes and looks up. “What?”

“I will have to tell you every morning and evening that I love you.”
Yaya smiles and couldn’t dare look up at him. He tilts her chin up to face him.

“Two times a day, won’t you be bored?”
Yaya nods. “You have to save all that love for our children.”

Nadech grins. “They will be ours but you’re only mine.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aum’s seven year old son taps Nadech on the shoulder. Nadech snaps out of his dream and looks at Aum’s son. He didn't look like how he dreamt of himself in the dream he just had, Nadech grew a beard and mustache living with Aum and his family. He didn't have nice wedding clothes on, he was in gray shorts and an oversized white shirt.
“My daddy wanted to know why you are the only one here? Why aren’t you with the rest of the village wishing my parents a happy life?” asked Aum's son.
Nadech finally realized he was the only person not in the water with the rest of the people blessing Aum and Aff. He was sitting on the beach watching the ceremony but was actually picturing himself and Yaya giving their vows but in reality it was Aum and Aff who were. His dream had him forgetting where he was. Aum’s son reaches out for Nadech’s hand. He pulls Nadech up from the sand with all his might. Nadech thanked him before walking hand in hand with each other to the ocean, his other free hand holding onto the wooden cane Aum made him. He found a new family.

Nadech was welcomed into their big family. Aum took Nadech in as a younger brother. Even though the family loved Nadech like family Nadech knew where he had to be, he had to find Yaya and take her back to Min Island where she belonged. He yearned to tell her how he feels about her. Many weeks past, Nadech was beginning to heal from his wounds but because he was so miserable he couldn’t fully recover just yet. Aum and Aff knew he didn’t belong on Min Island, they started to feel miserable watching Nadech work for them day in day out but knew nothing felt like home for him.
Every afternoon before the sun was to set Nadech goes to the beach to watch. He’s sitting on the beach. He undo’s the bandage around his chest and feels the scar Pope left him with.

Looking at the setting sun, Nadech sighed in disappointment; he has never been so embarrassed in his life. This was the lowest point in his life. He wasn’t able to do anything with the condition he was in. He closed his eyes to the thought of Yaya’s smile and laughs.
“I can’t do anything without thinking about her!” Nadech punches the sand with his fists. “You said you were out there listening.” He was referring to his late father who promised him he turned into the horizon so whenever Nadech needed to cry he was always there watching him. “You were never there…if you were you would have told me how weak I have become.” Nadech covered his glistening eyes before the tears could drop to the sand. Inside, Nadech never grew up, his mother and father left too soon, now he was losing Yaya, he couldn’t bare it.

“Who are you talking to?” Nadech turned and Aum was walking his direction. “Who will give you an answer? The waves…or maybe…ghosts who guard this ocean.” Aum laughs and sits down next to Nadech on the sand.
“No one.”

“I think I know who you are always thinking about though, nong Yaya, right?”
“I’m worried, if she’s not safe, I'll never forgive myself...”

“What do you mean?”

“For sure, it’s been weeks and she isn’t found, Pope has to have taken her to Yasortorn.”
“Why would she even be in Yasortorn? And who took her?”

“It was my fault…I didn’t see it coming, hard headed enough not to realize what he is capable of doing, Thanawaht, crown prince of Yasortorn."
“What does he have to do with anything? He’s married to our crown princess now…Unless…”

“He is in love with Yaya, determined to make her his mistress.”
“Yaya? Mistress? No...that can't be, she would never agree. How do you know so much?what are you're connections to the crown prince of Yasortorn?"

Nadech stares at Aum, this would be the first time he’s admitted to anyone other than the royal family of Min Island that he is also a prince, he is Pope’s first cousin. “I am his first cousin, Prince Nadech of Yasortorn.”
Aum’s eyes widen with disbelief, he's saved a prince. “What…how…I’m not even in the proper greeting position am I, you’re highness?” Aum kneels before Nadech and bows but Nadech raises his shoulders up.

“Don’t do that…we are far past formal greetings. You saved my life.”
“I’m sorry to have not realized it was you, you’re highness.”
“When I came to Yaya’s village she named me royal guard to protect me.” Nadech smiles, he was thinking of her again and Aum knew it. “I am use to it now; being part of a family too…not holding onto a royal title…it’s something very special.”

Aum smiled knowing he just met a prince who not only thought of himself but knew the hardship of people all over, he was ready to do whatever it took to help Nadech.
“Now that you know who I really am, never call me Prince Nadech…just Nadech.”

Aum nodded. “You are in love with Yaya...that is why he tried killing you!"
"And its only the beginning but I'll never stop loving her. I'll get her back."

“If you can keep such a promise then you are Pim's son."
Aum and Nadech turn around. There Mrs. Simla stood, carrying a basket on her back with the clothes she needed. She had been travelling all day by foot to reach the village where Aum and his family lived.

“Mrs. Simla, how did you get here?” says Nadech, surprised to see her.
Mrs. Simla sighs, she’s heard their conversation then she took the basket off her back and set it on the ground. “When Aff told me at the market about Aum saving someone who knew about Yaya’s whereabouts I knew I would find you here and you…look just like your mother, how could we not have noticed?”

Nadech stood up as soon as he heard her speak of his mother. “Who did you just say I looked like?"
“If you are really Prince Nadech of Yasortorn then you are truly her son.”
This was information hard to take in because since three he’s only been told that his mother was dead. He never saw her dead body but was always told she was no more by everyone in the family.
“My mother is no more; she died when I was three.”
Mrs. Simla shakes her head, grabs Nadech’s hand and holds it tightly. “It can’t be, you were lied to.”
“You’re telling me my father lied to me? He raised me until his death when I was ten.” Nadech said in disbelief, his father was the one who he trusted most of all.
“You’re father, how could he have raised you? That’s not true.”
"Not true? Out of no where Mrs. Simla you tell me, my father didn't raise me and...my mother? She didn't die when I was three?!"
"Don't think I don't know anything? the royal family of Yasortorn is currupted, they have lied not only to your mother but now to you and your father? Oh Pim..." Mrs. Simla covers her mouth and whimpers.
Nadech remembered the shirt he had found from under Pim’s pillow, how familiar it looked, he was determined to find out where else he has seen the same silk color and design before he was almost killed by Pope.
“Wait…the shirt…I found a shirt under…”
Aum stood up finally joining them. “What shirt?”
“All those times…Aunt Pim has been sharing one room with Yaya while I slept in her room. Before I left to go back to the Min Palace I found a shirt under my pillow. It was sewn by her...”
Mrs. Simla finished his sentence. “For you, her son.”
"This is truth? Pim?" he asked Mrs. Simla.
Nadech turned to the setting sun; it hasn’t fully disappeared from the horizon yet. The shine was still there turning into a bright orange, he walked towards the ocean, stepping into the cold sand as night approaches. Tears developing in his eyes, he stared at the sun, not afraid of the burn he felt in his eyes. Nadech closed his eyes while the tears dripped down his cheeks past his unshaven mustache and beard. He sighed deeply. Opening his eyes again and the sun was finally gone, there was no sight of the bright orange he saw seconds ago, just a sparkling shine darkness was consuming.

The ocean waves clashed fiercely with the beaches as a storm was developing in the heavens. Into the cold rainy night, Nadech rode past the forestry paths on one of Aum’s horses. The rain shot him in the face like needles until his face was numb but it didn’t bother him to stop. He rode on until morning, not stopping until he reached Yaya’s home. By the time he got off the horse his legs were so weak but he managed enough strength to make it to the front door. Nadech pulls out the shirt he found, raising it up to stare at it. He was about to knock on the front door however Pim opened the doors first. Nadech looked up at Pim, for the first time since meeting her he finally took a clear look at her old wringled face, she did have his big eyes. She watched his hand while he dropped the shirt onto the ground between them. It was the shirt she had been looking for, Nadech had it all along.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Nadech finally met his mother. I cried tears of joy but also sad at the same time. Nadech has gone through so much pain and I really feel for him.

Thanks again for another great update!!!

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
It's great that Nadech finally get to meet his mom. I too feel bad for him because his whole life has been such a lie. I'm really rooting for him to have a happy ending with the love of his life and family by his side!! Great update! :thumbsup: Thank you Neena for feeding into our Yadech's addiction!!

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 10: PIM & VIROTE

Pim was only eighteen when she met Virote. She was becoming the most famous seamstress on Min Island. It was love at first meeting for them after Virote had saved Pim from a band of thieves. Virote continued to visit Pim on Min Island after journeying off a few months at a time. Those many months away only made their love stronger, writing to each other. The last time he came to Min Island he asked her hand in marriage and told her she was about to marry the crown prince of Yasortorn. She hesitated; she knew she couldn’t live up to being a queen someday so she rejected him. Heartbroken, he left Min Island. Knowing she would be miserable without him for the rest of her life, she decides to leave her family behind to find him, marrying the future king of Yasortorn.

After the marriage, crown prince Virote became King Virote II and Pim became his Queen. The royal family didn’t agree to their marriage but King Virote II was known to be a rebellious man, if he loved someone he wouldn’t let her go so he kept his promise to have only Pim as his Queen. They ruled the harmonious kingdom of Yasortorn but within the palace walls there was a brooding hatred for the new Queen of Yasortorn. Many officials agreed that a seamstress from Min Island wasn’t fit to be Queen, she was a barbarian in their eyes, even though Min Island had their own royal family, Yasortorn's royal family was superior to theirs.

There were many times, King Virote II was pressured into taking a concubine but he wouldn't betray Pim, he wanted a heir quickly to release himself from the pressure so just after half a year of marriage King Virote II had his wish, his queen had the first heir to the throne, Prince Nadech.
When Nadech turned three, tragedy tears their little family apart. Late one evening, on a full moon

Pim sets the tray on the table in front of Virote. “Your tea is ready.”
“Thank you.” Said Virote while he picks up the cup, takes a sip. “Hm…this is a different taste.”

"I didn't get a chance to drink when I brought it from the kitchen." Pim sits down opposite of Virote, she pours herself a cup; she brings the cup to her lips, about to take a sip but Nadech begins crying from the bed, he was having a bad dream. "Just a minute." Pim sets the cup back down and rushes to Nadech's side to check up on him, fanning him from the heat.
Virote walks to the bed stand, watching his wife and son, admirably. "How is my little crown prince?" he whispered.

"It was just a bad dream, I guess it’s bed time for me too, don't stay up too late?"

“Just after I look over these paper work.”

“Okay."

Virote kisses Pim on the forehead before she closes the fly net covering their enormous bedframe and he goes back to work. Just them together, it was a happy family, normal as can be. In their bedroom, they weren’t king and queen or crown prince, they were simply themselves.

King Virote continued his work late into the night; soon the documents he was going over became blurry to him. He tried focusing on the writing but his mind kept drifting away. He poured himself more tea, until it was nearly empty. Continuing, he read on but soon he couldn't see the characters any longer. He had the urge to cough and so did into his palms. He stared at blood on his hands, then wiped his ever so runny nose but it all was his own blood. He stood up, feeling faint, his chest was tight. Figuring his way to his wife and son, it was difficult to even walk straight.

“Pim? PIM?!” he yelled when he started slamming into anything lying in his way, darkness consumed his eyes.

Pim sat up and saw how he was walking, running into everything, making loud noises. "Virote? What's the matter?"

“Help me!"

Rushing to his side, Pim saw that his nose and mouth were dripping with blood, panicking. “What happened? Why are you like this?” she cried. She catches him as he fell into her arms, wiping the blood from his face. “Virote!” she cried not understanding how he became like this. She laid him on the ground, he was shaking uncontrollably. She returns to the table where the tea pot sat. Pim pours the last drops of tea onto a spare cup; the last droplets were filled with a white powdery substance. She knew then it was poison.

The guards who keep watch from outside their bedroom chambers burst through the doors, they had their rifles ready to shoot anyone who was an intruder. Minutes later, Prince Aawat was summoned to the King's bed chambers. A guard whispered into his ear before they were ordered to take the King out of the room while Pim follows after however Prince Aawat stops her before she even makes it out of the bedroom.

“Guards, take Prince Nadech out of this room. I have to discuss some words with the Queen.”

Pim looks at Prince Aawat, tears in her eyes. “Why are you taking my son and stopping me from seeing Virote?"

“If anything bad happens to my elder brother; Prince Nadech will be too young to be a suspect.”

Pim steps back and stares at Prince Aawat. “You are labeling me the suspect? How dare you! Don’t forget who you are accusing, I am married to the King of Yasortorn!”

"Queen or not, anyone who hurts my elder brother will be punished." he warned her.

"There is no Queen or King between him and I, to each other, we are husband and wife, I wouldn't dare hurt him."

"Wouldn't dare hurt him!?” One of the guards just told me how you just stood there while my brother was on the ground suffering! You poisoned him! Tell me you poisoned him!"

Pim slaps Prince Aawat, "Don't you try putting those words into my mouth! I have to see His majesty!” Pim runs out the doors to find the King. A messenger runs to her, stopping her from going any further.

His face looking down and expressing sorrow in his voice. “I apologize for being this very misfortune at this grave hour to your attention. But His majesty the King is no more.”

Pim’s eyes widen tearfully, she couldn’t move from her spot, she have never felt so alone in her life. “No…it can’t be!” she wailed and continues on her way to be by the king’s side rather he was dead or alive.

“Someone stop her!!” Prince Aawat screamed at the guards to capture her.

Two guards pull her back as she fights to break from their strong holds. Pim falls to her knees. “Let me see him!!!” she wailed. “I must see him!! I have to see him! Please let me see my husband!”

Pim named two women who had given her the tea, both worked in the kitchen palace. Days later, they were both executed after testifying that Pim knew about the poison and had asked them to buy it. Hearing these words was hurtful, knowing none of it was true but who would believe her? She knew she had no friends in the palace and now her best friend, the king, has left her. He would believe she would never do anything to harm him and Nadech was too young to even understand what death meant. Pim had no one.

Pim was locked away in the palace cell meant for offenders who were against the royal family. On the last day of the King’s funeral, Pim watched as the temple chimney sent smoke up into the heavens, knowing this was the last remains of the her love, Pim cried so loud, all the prisoners in each cell were awaken to her cries. She never had the chance to say her good byes. All she had with her were his last words to her about how well the tea that killed him tasted. She was devastated, this was her punishment.

Days after the funeral, the cell door finally opens and Prince Aawat enters. Pim’s turned from looking like a Queen to a dirty beggar; her hair was as messy as an amazon woman’s.

“After much deliberation, the royal court has prepared your punishment.”

Pim was silent; she didn’t have the energy to say anything she just looked up at him, she looked mental to Prince Aawat.

He continued, explaining her sentence. “My brother…was always rebellious, we couldn’t figure out why but when you entered his life…even I admit you were the only person he yields to. Holding the title as rightful king to our kingdom wasn’t even as important at one point, but everyone agreed, that he was the man who brought this country peace and harmony because he had the right person behind him. Rather your intentions to murder him were someone else’s plan or your very own from the beginning, regardless, you were the one he will always love.”

Pim knew none of it was true but she was so heartbroken from his passing, she was ready to take any punishment, death was what she wanted, she was ready to meet him in the other world and serve him once again.

“You will be striped of your title as Queen. You will be sent back to Min Island and this kingdom will never hear from or see you again. Your son also, will grow knowing he has no mother.”

Pim closed her tearful eyes and whimpered. This punishment was worst then dying, she would rather die than leave Nadech in Yasortorn but there was no other way out, she was only a woman who in the first place never belonged to Yasortorn. Prince Aawat turned his back, he was ready to leave the cell.

“W-Wait, can I say one last thing?”

Prince Aawat stood still; he wouldn’t turn to look at her again.

“If you loved your brother like what you mentioned, I hope you know whose place crown prince Nadech will take when he is ready. You must not avoid this reality.”

“I have no desire to; he will rule this kingdom one day.”

“Can I…”

“Yes?” he asked impatiently.

“Can I, as his mother, see him for the last time?”

“With the Queen Mother’s request, you can only bring with you the memories you made with my brother and my nephew, I cannot allow you to see him ever again.”

-

For the first time ever, mother and son were standing together, both facing the afternoon sun a day after Nadech rode through the island storm to see his mother in over twenty years. He couldn’t believe the hardship his own mother had to endure and all this didn’t seem to make any sense.

“So I left Yasortorn…bringing with me just one thing in memory of you, the shirt I had sown you when you were just a baby.” Pim wipes her tears. “With the same silk and thread I made the same type of shirt for your father. When I came here and started a new life knowing deep down I left you without a mother, I felt so helpless…useless really.”

“I don’t understand…none of it makes sense…apparently father died from poison when I was three from your story, but it can’t be true…I witnessed my father’s death when I was ten. He died of an incurable illness.”

“You saw your father pass away? How is this possible?”

Then Pim remembered, after they took Virote out of their bedroom that fateful night, it was really the last time she saw her husband. During his funeral, she was already in prison awaiting a sentence. Who had set them up? Was it her husband, King Virote himself?

“Do you believe me?” Nadech asked.

“I know you would never lie to me about such a thing…I believe you.” Pim smiled, all the hope she had was coming back, and she placed her palm on his cheek. “I’m sorry I didn’t realize it was you. You were right beside me too.”

Nadech brought her other palm up to place on his other cheek.

“How blind I was mistaking him for you.”

Nadech’s face changed when he thought of Pope. “And he has Yaya.”

“Yaya…”

YASORTORN PALACE.

The tall wooden doors opened and Yaya enters the long hallway. Anyone who saw how she looked like now had to take a second glance, she was transformed into a princess, wearing the most sought after dress, having on the best make-up, her hair tied up, kept away from her face and long neck. Yaya wasn’t sure who she was being pampered for.

Walking the palace corridors she was fascinated by the wonders of the palace walls, court yards, everything about the Yasortorn palace looked like gold, spoiled if touched. She wouldn’t dare touch anything even though she was treated like a princess. The servants led her to a separate room. Pope was waiting for her. This was their first meeting since Min Island. After the servants closed the door leaving Yaya and Pope alone, Pope rushes to her side, hugging her.

“I’m so glad you’re safe.”

Yaya pushes him away. “Please…don’t do this…I just want to go home to my mother, I…don’t want any of this."

“I..I apologize…it’s just you are one of the few survivors from the day my guards discovered that ship, I was just worried about you."

"You were the one who saved me from that ship?" Yaya turned her hands into fists reimagining Wan’s death.

Pope nodded. “Tell me, why were you on that ship?"

Yaya stared at Pope, “Nadech’s girl…” Yaya repeated Yasa’s words, anger developing inside her. “I trusted him so much in the end I was one of Nadech’s many girls. It was him, wasn't it, he has a part in it.”

Pope sighed in disappointment. “I knew Nadech best and…he managed to get past me with this. The sex trade has become so notorious that I have personally taken the task to find an end to it. When I found out who was behind it all…I didn’t know if I could continue but when I found out he was going to bring you into it, this angered me. Knowing…what you mean to me, I couldn’t sit and watch him corrupt you. So I stepped in."

Pope unrolled a long piece of parchment paper on the table beside him. Yaya walks over to take a look. It was a drawing of the same man Yaya had seen that day with Yasa. She wasn’t staring at his profile this time, this time she was staring at his full face, it was a drawing of Nadech, and the only difference was the hair. Nadech had long hair in this drawing.

“This is a drawing from a prisoner who worked for him. Don’t let the long hair fool you, it was all a disguise. Now, we are in the process of finding him…when leaving Min Island, we left on different ships so I can't figure out whose ship he went with, he is in Yasortorn however since you mentioned you saw him that day."

Yaya takes the paper and stares into the drawing’s eyes. It was Nadech but when staring at this drawing it wasn’t the passion of wanting to be with him anymore, Yaya was developing hatred for the man who had a smile on his lips when he saw that Wan was dying.

“If he really was the man who rode by Yasa’s side that day, with that smile while Wan died in my arms...I promise, he too will be my enemy until the day I die.”