1805, Min Island

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 25

Yaya and Nadech watched the morning sun rise behind their burnt down house as the smoke descended into thin air. Both have cried so much there were hardly any tears to shed. Finally, after it was safe to enter the house, the men brought out the body of their dead mother on a stretcher with a white blanket covering her body. Yaya ran to Pim’s lifeless body and pulled the blanket to reveal her face. She was still recognizable; the fire hadn’t burned the top half of her body. Yaya stared at Pim’s face, silent. Taking in these last moments to look at the mother who raised her to be the woman she is today. Slowly, Nadech finally made it to Yaya’s side; he looked down at his mother’s face. Nadech sighed heavily and reminisced about the past. Faint in his memories he even pictured his whole family together. His father carrying him as a child, while his mother held his father’s other hand walking in the palace courtyard,
smiling and laughing together.

Nadech takes out his handkerchief and he begins to wipe the black dust off his mother’s face. At last, her face was clearer, with no spec of black dust. Yaya’s motionless stare turns into a frown and she burst out crying
after seeing Pim’s face.

“MOM!” She was reaching out to Pim’s body but Nadech wraps his strong arm behind Yaya’s shoulders and turns her into him for a tight hug. Nadech gives an ok for his men to take his mother back to prepare for the
proper ceremony. Yaya sobs in Nadech’s arms as the men leave. Nadech kisses Yaya’s forehead as he hugs her even tighter.

He cradles her. “Shh…be strong so I can be strong as well.”

Yaya sniffs. “I…I’ve had enough.  How do we continue from here?”

“It’s you and I from here on out. Mother will see us get married with the dress she chose for you. We will love and live well. Give her many grandchildren, live old together. We will fulfill mother’s dreams.”

Yaya looks up at Nadech, her face stained with tears.

Nadech wipes away her tears. “We…shall continue in this way.” As he spoke those words, tears come streaming down his face.

Yaya wipes the falling tears from his face then lifts her face up to kiss the tears from his cheek. Nadech squeezes her even tighter while she kisses his cheek. Promising him, this was the woman he will protect for the rest of his life.

Even though King Aawat was put in prison by Nadech while Nadech tried rescuing his mother, Aawat had bigger plans for the future of Min Island. His troops have reached the island and plans to take over were beginning, starting with the palace. King Aawat was released from the prison cell and joined his army.

As Princess Ja and her family were preparing for their King’s funeral behind closed doors, King Aawat barged in uninvited. He was surprised to barge in the moment his son was giving his last respect to the King of Min, Pope was kneeling on the floor in front of the oversized photo of the late king, his father-in-law.

Princess Ja stands up when she hears the announcement of King Aawat’s arrival. King Aawat makes his way to see the King’s casket made out of the finest wood and gold in the island, but Ja stops him, she steps in front of him.

“You of all people dare to step here? Leave at once!!! Guards!!”

“Min Island will proclaim its newest royal family soon. Guards? They too will belong to Yasortorn. However, because you are married to my son, sooner or later you will give me a grandchild who one day will own Min Island. If you don’t have Min Island now, soon your child will. Join us and soon you will understand that the death of your father…”Aawat smirks. “Wasn’t in vain after all. Min Island will return to you with our bloodline.”

That felt like a stab to the heart for Ja.

Pope had enough of his father, he rises from kneeling and turns to his father and Ja’s direction. “Father, enough!”

Ja gasps, not knowing Pope was in the room all along. This was the first time she’s heard his voice since they last met by her father’s deathbed. She turned around, following the direction of his voice. Ja hears his footsteps coming towards her. When the sound of his shoes hitting the wooden floor stops and the touch of Pope’s shoe taps on her cane, she knew he was inches away.

“Why are you here?” she asked, trying to stay calm.

“I came to say good bye to -…”

Ja swings her fist forward, stretching it the same distance as her cane. She threw a good shot at his jawline. Pope’s jawline turned red. He didn’t protest, knowing he deserved that.

“Get out!! I don’t want anything to do with you or Yasortorn. This child will grow up far away from Yasortorn, I will make sure he never meets you or know who you are.”

Pope stares at Ja, with a blank expression. He was hurt, the hurt he felt from losing Yaya couldn’t compare to this, this was more painful.

Ja tearfully says. “Leave.”

His eyes glisten but he manages to do what he was told. Pope walks pass her but stops and turns to look at her one last time, in a voice so soft, this was the first time Ja has heard him sound so venerable.

“Don’t mean what you said…I can’t imagine the thought of our child wishing to be with both his mom and dad.”

Ja’s eyes widen tearfully as Pope leaves the room with his father.

The battle for Min Island has only begun. This time, Nadech’s allies have arrived secretly to orchestrate a plan to take Min Island back. Parawat, the Kingdom loyal to Nadech’s father have lent a helping hand to give back Min Island
what they have lost. Nadech and his army had to work fast as they know they were running out of time with Princess Ja and her mother still trapped in the palace under strict protection. Nadech never wanted to rule Min Island, when they have defeated Aawat, Nadech’s only plan is to return Min Island to its rightful owner, the Crown Princess Ja.

After sending their mother off, the next morning Nadech was preparing to leave for Min palace. Without a home now, the residents of Min Island were kind enough to lend Nadech and Yaya a little cottage close by the beach. Nadech woke up to a sunny morning with the sun welcoming him to a new day. He couldn’t waste time to search for Yaya who wasn’t in bed with him. He washed up and put on his uniform. He was polishing his sword when he was stopped by a knock on the door.

“Who it is?” he asked. There was no answer. “Yaya?” he asked again. Still, no one answered. Nadech walked to his door and opened it.

Yaya was holding wild flowers in her hands, she wore a halo made out of wild flowers and she was dressed in the white gown his mom wanted her to wear for their wedding. Nadech took a step back and looked at his bride. Yaya walked into the room without saying a word and closed the door behind her. She walks pass him to the open window that overlooked the ocean and rising sun.

Nadech found it strange that his wife was so quiet this morning. “Yaya?”

She turned around to Nadech. “Let’s get married right now.”

Nadech walks up to Yaya and takes her hands in his. “What are you doing?”

“You once told me, your father was watching from the horizon and now that mother isn’t with us anymore, I know she is with father. This is the clearest the horizon will be today before you leave me. I want to be your wife with mother and father here as our witnesses.”

Nadech couldn’t keep his eyes off his wife as she spoke those words. He bud heads with her and smiles. “I do.”

Yaya looks up at Nadech. “A thousand times, I do.”

Nadech moves her silky hair behind her long neck and touched her cheek softly. He tilts her head up slowly and seals their promise to each other with a kiss.

Yaya waves good bye to Nadech as she watches him ride off with his army towards the palace. She couldn't hold back the tears, inside she felt nervous this was the last time she would see him.

Aawat wasn't aware of the partnership between Parawat and Nadech. He was expecting Nadech to fight alone in this battle with Min islanders who he have always thought to be very weak people. Disadvantage came to him when he didn't prepare himself for this battle. Nadech's army have already surrounded the palace by late afternoon. The smell of gun powder and sound of guns ran throughout the island as the battle became heavier and Nadech's men clashes with his Uncle's troop. Parawat's army was fighting long and hard by Nadech's side.

When Nadech finally broke down the prison cell doors he rushed to Princess Ja's side. She sat in the corner with her mother beside her. Nadech along with Princess Ja and her mother hurry and leave the cell. Nadech had to get the Princess to a safe area where Aawat wouldn't be able to find out where she was. Princess Ja had to make a comeback and take charge of Min Island. Meanwhile, Aawat was oblivious to this and was still concentrating on killing as many soldiers from Parawat and Nadech's side. He was enrage with anger to destroy Nadech. First his only brother tried stopping him from taking over Min Island and now his brother's son was doing the same thing, a second time at failing his mission to take over Min Island was not going to happen. Then he saw Nadech lift Princess Ja onto a horse with another soldier, before this, Nadech have sent Ja's mother on a different horse. Pope was there to witness the same thing as well. Nadech turned back around and stabbed any fellow who tried attacking him, running his sword right through them. Another soldier came at him from the back but Nadech turned around in time pulling out a hand gun and shooting the man right between his eyes. Aawat had to capture Princess Ja, he was going to end this once and for all, if the Crown Princess was dead, this would end everything.

Aawat jumped onto his horse and rode after Princess Ja. Quickly Pope did the same, he rode on after his father. Nadech couldn't let them catch up to Ja, he found his horse and rode as fast as he could to catch up with his cousin and uncle. At last Aawat's talented horse riding skills got him close enough to the soldier riding the horse with Ja. Aawat pulled out the small pistol he keeps with him and shoots the soldier. All Ja heard was the loud sound of the gun and the feeling of the soldier riding with her slide off the moving horse. The horse lost his sense of direction when the soldier fell off. Ja gripped onto the saddle and prayed the horse would never stop but continue to run. It did just that until a cliff up ahead stopped him. Aawat finally caught up with Ja. He got off his horse and walked over to her horse, he stood behind her horse and lifted his gun up. She was shaking uncontrollably. She lost hope.

"Let us get this over quickly."

Suddenly, a sword pierced through his shoulder. As Aawat cried in pain he couldn't help but kneel onto the ground. He turned around and was surprised to see Yaya holding the sword that was cutting his shoulder blade.

"You!!"

Yaya pressed the sword deeper. "As long as we are here, no one will be able to harm the Crown Princess." Yaya twists the sword in her hand. "This is for you mother."

Aawat still held onto his hand gun, he wasn't giving up easily, he turned around and pulled the trigger.

CHAPTER 25 TO BE CONTINUED....

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi neena thank you. Very endearing all of their tender moments. Hope you'll update cant wait to find out what'll happen.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
wow, I can't believe I haven't finished his fan fiction!! how disappointing on my part! and I left the story at such a cliff hanger! well girls! I have returned and will update the ending soon! I promise!!