13th Hmong National Conference

annae

sarNie Hatchling

Join us this year for the 13th Hmong National Conference at the Marriott Denver City Center in Denver, Colorado from March 27-30, 2008.

Each year, HND hosts a Hmong National Conference that embodies our mission and goals by bringing together professionals, community members, politicians, scholars, businesses, youth, and decision makers to network, share, and learn about the community’s challenges, as well as to celebrate the community’s accomplishments.

Over the course of the three-day conference, various events are held which build capacity, educate attendees on Hmong issues, and recognize those who have worked so hard for their communities. A Banquet is held where awards are given out to recognize officials, youth, entrepreneurs and individuals who have made a demonstrable impact on the Hmong community. Plenary sessions offer opportunities for keynote speakers from varying backgrounds and expertise to speak to conference participants on topics relevant to the conference theme. Roundtable discussions offer participants the opportunity to participate in peer discussions on regionally relevant issues.

credit and more info go to this website http://www.hndinc.org/index.php?section=1

13th Hmong National Conference Agenda

Thursday, March 27, 2008
3 PM - 8 PM Early Registration
9 PM – 12 AM Karaoke Night hosted by Tou Ger Xiong

Friday, March 28, 2008
7:30AM – 5 PM Registration
8 AM – 5 PM Exhibits are opens
8 AM -10 AM Opening Plenary Session:
# Welcoming Remarks by Westminster Mayor McNally
# Plenary Speaker General Joseph Potter

10 AM - 10:20 AM Break
10:20 AM -11:50 AM Workshop Session 1
11:50 AM - 1:20 PM Lunch (on your own)
1:30 PM – 3 PM Workshop session 2
3:20 PM - 4:50 PM Workshop session 3
5 PM – 6 PM Affinity Groups / Networking
5 PM – 7 PM Dinner on your own
7 PM - 10 PM Game Night
8 PM – 10 PM Screening of Sentenced Home
10 PM - 12 AM Live band/Open MIC

Saturday, March 29, 2008
7:30 AM – 5 PM Registration
8 AM – 5 PM Exhibit area opens
8 AM – 10 AM Morning Plenary Session
# HND Leadership Awards Presentation
# Keynote Speaker Dr. Nha Long

10 AM - 10:20 AM Break
10:20 AM - 11:50 AM Workshop Session 4
11:50 AM - 1:20 PM lunch (on your own)
1:30 PM – 3 PM Workshop session 5

5 PM – 12 AM 15th Anniversary Celebration Banquet
5 PM – 6 PM Cocktail Hour/networking
6 PM – 9 PM Dinner Reception
9 PM – 12 AM Live Entertainment

Sunday, March 30, 2008
8 AM -12 PM Exhibit area opens
10AM-12 PM Closing Brunch
# Keynote address Pakou Hang
# Remarks from Conference Chairs
# Closing Remarks from Nou Vang, HND CEO

Mae

sarNie Adult
I went to the 9th and 10th HND conferences which were great. Too bad I can't make it to this one. The 9th HND conference in Charlotte, North Carolina was awesome! The 10th in Fresno, CA was pretty good, but didn't compare to the 9th one. Overall, I would encourage those who can attend to go to HND. It's great to network as well as learn at the same time.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i just heard about this last week from my guy friend
he asked me to go because 'all college students go'
lolx!
i never heard of it before.... ehehehe..
maybe some other years... too much to handle right now.

mokka

sarNie Adult
I'm going there... and looking forward to it... hopefully it'll be as good as the last one I went to, which was in Detroit.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
I went to the past two and was hoping to go again this year but our organization here is hosting our own conference in April and that'll just be too much to do in these short weeks. And like Mae, I GREATLY ENCOURAGE everyone, Hmong and non-Hmong, to go to these conferences! They are very educational and excellent for networking. Plus, you meet alot of people from all over and just plain have fun. I'll be at next year's forsure!

O yea, and the audience IS majorly college students but there are also alot of professionals.

We should make this event a continuous meet up for sarnies. :D