10 best / 10 worst pickup lines

10 best pickup lines

Number 10

"I was wondering if you have a moment to spare for me to hit on you?"
This one is relatively original and seems innocent enough for her to take notice, without feeling threatened by you. You'll also effectively send the message that you're interested in her, but are more interested in making her smile.

Number 9

"What's a sexy woman like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?"
A fairly underused line, this one conveys that you find her hot, without sounding offensive. Show her you can be a bad boy and see if she likes your direct approach with the ladies.

Number 8

"Do you work for UPS? I could have sworn I saw you checking out my package."
This one is fairly blunt (no pun intended), but it's the perfect one to use when you see a woman giving you the eye and, well, checking out your package. Since she may feel a bit uneasy, you should take the opportunity and strike up a conversation while you have the upper hand.

Number 7

"Who's your friend?"
This one is risky, but it will shatter any pretense she might have about your actions by shifting the focus on her friend. This will intrigue her, to say the least, as she will wish to know "hey, how come not me?"

Number 6

"I'm new in town and can't find my way around; could I have directions to your place?"
The line itself isn't that great, but city newcomers are always refreshing people to speak with, and they also seem less threatening. It's highly unlikely that she'll shrug off your request to chat, and she'll probably laugh (if she has a sense of humor). The probability that she replies with a "where from?" is even higher. Do not use if you are actually a local.

Number 5

"I may not be the best-looking guy in here, but I'm the only one talking to you."
Believe it or not, only good-looking guys should use this one, since they'll be viewed as modest. If a guy uses this and he is ugly, then it's a sign of insecurity, which is a huge a turnoff. Generally, this line passes because it proves that the guy is down-to-earth. It will surely throw her off guard as she might get offended. Use with caution.

Number 4

"You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy."
If you ever spot an attractive woman and would like to approach her, this line is funny in a childish manner and women tend to laugh off funny lyrics such as this one.

Number 3

"What's your name?"
Instead of saying something like, "baby, we're like two banks: we both have interest in each other and we should merge," this one is simple and will not insult her intelligence. It may be the oldest one in the book (well, "come here often?" takes that award), but this one is genuine and direct -- two important qualities.

Number 2

"See my friend over there? He wants to know if you think I'm cute."
Extremely original, this line will make you stand out from the pack. This line virtually guarantees that she will smile. You may not leave with her that night, but you may get her phone number or at least chat it up for a while.

Number 1

"So what haven't you been told tonight?"
Very original, this line will make you stand out from the other men. You acknowledge that she has been getting hit on all night and you do not wish to add to her frustration. However, you are confident and interested enough to try your luck without insulting your intelligence.

10 worst pickup lines

Number 10

"Hey, I was just thinking of you! Okay, I'm all cleaned up now though."
This line is fairly crude and implies that you have the stamina of a 12-year-old, so it'll only tempt her to leave the room rather than leave with you .

Number 9

"How would you like your eggs for breakfast: scrambled, boiled or fertilized?"
This one may be funny, but it's also a tad presumptuous. Women generally dislike sexual references, as well as men who assume they can conquer any women they meet. To add insult to injury, it alludes to pregnancy; not a smart move.

Number 8

"What do you say we go back to my place and do some math? Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and multiply!"
She may like the fact that you have a solid grasp of mathematics, but she will also assume you're the pocket protector-wearing type. And thanks to the pickup line's length, she will be history by the time you carry over the one.

Number 7

"You might as well sleep with me because I'm going to tell everybody we did it anyway."
This one is provocative and funny, but chances are it might garner you a slap across the face. On the other hand, she might counter with, "you'd better tell them I was good," but don't count on it.

Number 6

"Hey babe, do you know that my bedroom is soundproof?"
This one seems good at first, but it connotes that you will get action that night. Again, pretty presumptuous. On a scarier note, it also implies that if you do get her to your place, she could scream for help and no one would hear... pass.

Number 5

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that was a Braille name tag."
Okay, so you know what Braille is... good for you. You may need it after she gouges your eyes out for insinuating that you could fondle her breasts without consequence. Generally speaking, lines that could be used at p*** conventions are of no use in mainstream settings.

Number 4

"I just want to tell you that you have a price to pay for being this cute, and I'm here to collect... your phone number, that is."
It's fairly witty, but drags on for too long. And she'll expect some celebrity to burst onto the scene and pitch you a collect-call phone program.

Number 3

"Did you know women are like parking spots? All the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped. Which are you?"
Mr. Sensitive, "come on down!" Comparing women to cement on which cars are parked will not get you far, while implying that a woman is handicapped if she's single is going to put you in the ER.

Number 2

"Can I buy you a drink or do you prefer the cash instead?"
As a general rule, implying that she is a hooker will not work. Leave that for the streetwalker get-togethers and offer her a drink instead.

Number 1

"If you've lost your virginity, can I have the box it came in?"
Are you asking her whether or not she's a virgin? Why not ask her whether it's that time of the month while you're it? Leave the references to her box and your tools out of the dialogue, if you want to leave the bar in one piece.