[GMM25] Project S The Series Part 2 Side by Side (GDH559):Tor Thanapob/Sky Wongravee/Belle Kemisara

whitedove

sarNie Adult
This is a series with 4 parts involving different sports for different parts: volleyball, badminton, skateboarding & archery. Part 2 will feature badminton.

projectstheseries.jpg

Official Teaser:

Synopsis:
'Project S The Series' is a new series from Hormones The Series production team that will take you into the world of "sports" closely. 4 kinds of sports. 4 new generation directors, and a variety of actors will convey the story of life and sports. The sports depicted are volleyball, badminton, skateboarding and archery. Filled with friendship, love, relationships, and cross-over in a rich and diverse perspective. Watch every Saturday at 21.45 pm on channel GMM25 starting May 20th.

Part 2: Side by Side (Tor Thanapob, Sky Wongravee, Belle Kemisara, PePo Nutchapan, Kandis Malake, Ple Hattaya, Suquan Bulakul)
projectstheseries_badmintonteam_torskybellepepokandis.jpg

Side by Side Official Trailer:

Side by Side Synopsis:

Meet the power of love, family, and warm-hearted athletes.

Two widows, Maetam (Ple Hattaya) and Maetaeng (Suquan Bulakul) each has a son and they've been raising their sons together like brothers. Maetam's son, Yim (Tor Thanapob) was born with autism and a mental development of a 6-year-old child. Meanwhile, Maetaeng was a former badminton player and her son, Dong (Sky Wongravee) also practised at the badminton courts. Yim was discovered to be playing badminton as good as normal athletes and he's simply happy just to be playing badminton. One day, Maetaeng caught the the children playing badminton together. Ever since then, it became the beginning of a great dream for the two brothers, 'one day they will be the best pair of badminton players.'

sarNie Adult
From the trailer, it seems that Yim (Tor) will have anger issues that's gonna be an obstacle for them.

whitedove

sarNie Adult
From the trailer, it seems that Yim (Tor) will have anger issues that's gonna be an obstacle for them.
He has autism so it's also definitely gonna be hard to take control of his emotions, particularly if he's playing sports.

sarNie Adult
I see. I'm not very familiar with autism and didn't know those who have it have issues controlling their emotions. The story's definitely gonna educate a lot of people who don't know about it.

whitedove

sarNie Adult
I see. I'm not very familiar with autism and didn't know those who have it have issues controlling their emotions. The story's definitely gonna educate a lot of people who don't know about it.
For an autistic person, almost everything is out of control for them and anything can trigger them. Yim seems to be on the worse end of the spectrum where he also only has the mental development of a 6-year-old.

I wonder if this is the first time a Thai drama has a handicapped character in the lead.

sarNie Adult
I wonder if this is the first time a Thai drama has a handicapped character in the lead.
That's why I watch a lot of stuff from GMM. They're willing to tackle social issues.

Club Friday had Two Popetorn as a blind DJ and also Nat Myria in that other story. I forget what her character's condition was. Both stories were very touching.

whitedove

sarNie Adult
That's why I watch a lot of stuff from GMM. They're willing to tackle social issues.

Club Friday had Two Popetorn as a blind DJ and also Nat Myria in that other story. I forget what her character's condition was. Both stories were very touching.
Oh yeah I almost forgot about Two. That was one of my most favourite Club Friday stories as well as Baifern's best work in recent years.

sarNie Adult
I fell in love with the story, when I heard the call-in on Club Friday radio. Really happy that 2 of my favorite actors starred in it.

There are happy/uplifting stories. I wish Club Friday would choose them more often.

whitedove

sarNie Adult
Apparently all of SPIKE episodes have been subbed at GDH official youtube channel, so we can be sure that this part will be officially subbed too.

Stills:

projectstheseries_sidebyside2.jpg
projectstheseries_sidebyside3.jpg
projectstheseries_sidebyside4.jpg
projectstheseries_sidebyside6.jpg
projectstheseries_sidebyside1.jpg
credit to projectstheseries official IG

sarNie Adult
As popular as the young cast are, I hope the supporting guardian roles get some recognition as well. I know there are real people out there who make a lot of sacrifices to care for their disabled children.

twister02

M♥K
This part is a tearjerker. Tor's acting is just excellent. Well, Tor's really a good actor even in Hormones (thinking he's just a rookie back then). This is what I like with series' produced or created by Nadao Bangkok and GDH. They tackle things you seldom see in dramas. I really love the first episode and I cried in the last part. It's so heart-breaking to see Mae Tum pawned her ring to buy shoes for the two boys and thinking back the way the boys treated him in the previous scene. :crybaby2::crybaby2:

I'm really trying to keep myself away from fan subs since I want to support GDH for uploading and providing official subs for this series. I really don't mind waiting. I've been doing it since Hormones S3 and Frozen Hormones. It's one way to support official subs and to increase views. :thumbup:

sarNie Adult
I'm really trying to keep myself away from fan subs since I want to support GDH for uploading and providing official subs for this series. I really don't mind waiting. I've been doing it since Hormones S3 and Frozen Hormones. It's one way to support official subs and to increase views. :thumbup:
Totally agree!

sarNie Adult
That yellow team played dirty, Even if they pissed off Gym to win, they'd just lose to the next team because they didn't win with skill.