❤[CH3] Sai Tarn Hua Jai (Makers Group) : James Ma/Mint Chalida / Alex Rendel /Prim Prima / Carissa S

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm guesstimating that this one will end up being 12 episodes because the development of this one is steady. Not too draggy but its not fast paced either. I think Mae Kong is getting more and more crazy so I also believe that she is definitely trying to poison Thun Chai. At the same time, I'm like how does one just simply get poisonous medicine so easily like that and why does that guy who sells it not suspect anything? lol .
Maybe it is one of those things that is only poisonous at really high doses or concentrations? Like nutmeg for example

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Any chemical can be poisonous and you gradually ingest it it will appear like the person is sick until it test or their dead.

In the old 1 the palace was burn down

Mins

sarNie Hatchling
The latest ratings haven't posted yet but it's hovering in the 2s.

01/11/60 | ตอนที่ 1 | 2.8
02/11/60 | ตอนที่ 2 | 3.0
08/11/60 | ตอนที่ 3 | 2.7
09/11/60 | ตอนที่ 4 | 2.7
15/11/60 | ตอนที่ 5 | 2.4
16/11/60 | ตอนที่ 6 | 2.3

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
Any chemical can be poisonous and you gradually ingest it it will appear like the person is sick until it test or their dead.

In the old 1 the palace was burn down
You are right about that. I guess to me it just simply seemed like she went and asked for poison that will instantly kill someone or just plain poison instead of making it seem like regular medicine.
Maybe it is one of those things that is only poisonous at really high doses or concentrations? Like nutmeg for example
That is quite true. Idk why I was not thinking about medicine in this way. Too delved into the other story lines maybe lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
The latest ratings haven't posted yet but it's hovering in the 2s.

01/11/60 | ตอนที่ 1 | 2.8
02/11/60 | ตอนที่ 2 | 3.0
08/11/60 | ตอนที่ 3 | 2.7
09/11/60 | ตอนที่ 4 | 2.7
15/11/60 | ตอนที่ 5 | 2.4
16/11/60 | ตอนที่ 6 | 2.3
Wonder why the ratings are low...It is struggling to get to 3

Mins

sarNie Hatchling
2 is very low. The average for this lakorn is in the 2s so it's probably gonna fall in the really low bottom half like in the 20ish ranked of the year out of like 27-28 lakorns for the year, so yeah very bad. But the thing is, the ratings for all of ch3 lakorns are just low period this year. Ch7 is struggling too, their primetime lakorns haven't hit double digits yet while 2 of their evening lakors have... it's a bad year for lakorns for the big channels. If the lakorn falls in the top 10 rank, that's considered good relative to what the average came out to be. But # wise in old times, if the ending episode could hit a 10 was considered successful which is weird because ultimately they rank the top 10 with an overall average. But the ratings system in Thailand is complicated in general. Ratings are so low that people are getting happy if they hit a 4 ahhaha when really it's low. I think it's known that ch7 usually beat ch3 and now even other channels are beating ch3. I think ch3's competition is more ch31 coz their viewers seem to be about the same. But how the ratings system gets their overall average per day is they break it down with bangkok, urban, and rural ratings. So, say for this lakorn the bkk ratings is a 5 but rural, and urban is only pulling in 1, then the average for the rating for that episode is gonna be in the 2. That's probably one of the reason why they'll always lose to ch7 coz ch7 can pull in higher numbers in all areas while ch3 always struggle with the rural. I never compare cross channels coz it's basically pointless. But I'll look at overall ratings like top 10 and such to gauge what I'm liking and what others are into. They're not reporting the break down for the areas as much anymore too. So that's why I think people get confused like why is this trending on twitter but the ratings don't match the hype... there's a lot people watching it, in bkk and these people are the a-listers so they'll get the buzz in the media but if they can't pull in the ratings in the rural and urban areas and just more in general then the average will still be low... I follow the commenters on pantip which is the biggest thai webboard for et but I have to say they're not as active as like 5 years ago either and type of fans their are definitely skewed... but this lakorn is getting the most buzz compared to the other two lakorn for ch3 followed by nine and ice lakorn and I have to say mai and mario's lakorn has no buzz.

So, you have to put it in perspective. Ratings can tell some things but it doesn't say everything because I also think that ch3 viewers always drop off for the majority of the year. Their ratings are usually the best at the end and beginning of the year and everything in between is just struggling. Like the majority of the top 10 lakorns aren't really that much better than the lower ranked lakorn. No way that some of the cupids series were better produced than rak nakara for instance ahhaha crazy ahhaha but they're ranked higher.... but those lakorns aired earlier than rak nakara for example. The reruns during the king's funeral even beat out the new lakorns which just means that the viewers aren't liking what's out. If the lakorns are good, it'll find the ratings like plerng boon. It had a low opening in the 2s and climbed to get the highest ending episode for the year. I've tuned into all of the lakorns for this lot and the ratings are kinda getting what they deserve. I don't think anything out right now deserves higher ratings per se, they're meh they're okay ahahha at the end of the day if it's good for you then great coz again ratings doesn't always mean that one lakorn is better than another in some cases. I thought Ka Badin was one of the best lakorn for the year it aired and it ranked like in the mid teens...

This link has the ratings of all of the lakorns where the first row has the debut rating, middle is the ending episodes rating, and last is the overall average. The overall average is used to rank the lakorns to each other for the year and you can see that the numbers are very close.

https://pantip.com/topic/37111324

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
As much as I adore James and Mint, I think this lakorn is getting alot of buzz because people freaking hate Carissa and Prim rofl. Like, I was surfing social media and 7 out of every 10 comments talked about Carissa or Prim. Ratings may not mean much to some, but it is odd that oneHD lakorns are basically equal to channel 3 lakorns in ratings right now. I think last weeks episodes were pretty much below and tied with Sean and Vill's lakorn. It is very rare for any channel to have ratings comparable to oneHD. I thought maybe Esther and Bie's lakorn was doing better than Mai and Mario's lakorn because well, Bie has a crap load of fans lol. However, the fact that Vill and Sean's lakorn are also beating it is odd.

I've always felt that Makers Group in general gets low ratings =/

Mins

sarNie Hatchling
It's true a lot of the buzz for this lakorn is for the supporting cast and I feel the same way. I like the drama here but I'm just not in the mood to follow this right now. I love carissa she's gonna be the next go-to nang rai... I think mai and mario's lakorn is okay to kinda boring but it's the only one I've been okay with at least leaving on in the background because it's not bad it's just kinda basic while I've basically dropped this one since episode 4 and I'm struggling getting past episode 6 for nine and ice's lakorn. When I watch ice and nine's lakorn, whenever I see nine the lakorn is like a 10 for me coz I love nine but the rest of the cast and how the vibe of the lakorn is so whack it's like a 4 ahahhaa ch31 is gonna come up coz they have the script and the production value that's equal to better than ch3 at this point but they just don't have the collective star power. Ch3 is just producing shitty lakorns recently. I mainly watch lakorns because of the actor so it'll take a lot for me to even try a ch31 lakorns coz I really don't care for their actors. But, if you haven't noticed, ch31 has more subscribers on their youtube channel too so that's saying something else. That's probably where their viewers are going, their ratings are down while ch31 is up. And historically I think ch31 usually tops around the 2s for their lakorns too so yeah this is a big deal for them. But then again these are just two lakorns out of the whole year that's going up against so-so lakorns so I wouldn't really say that they're that close to changing the status quo just yet because ch31's top lakorns aren't beating the top ranked lakorns for ch3 right now but there's definitely potential. And they're smart, they're already capitalizing on their success when they're pairing up esther and bie already. lol workpoint has twice as many subscribers on youtube compared to ch3 and ch31 tho ahhahahaah Again, the ratings in this lot is getting what they deserve hahaha I don't really think it's that weird if other lakorns are beating them when they're not that good. If the script is good enough they could upset their competition. Like how channelone is doing to ch3 now and when ch3 has had lakorns that beat out ch7 too.

Makers producers are good, they pick good scripts, costumes, locations are usually on point they just don't have the directors and they don't always get to cast the a-listers.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think channel 3 depends on their stars power actors and couple too much but now it seemed that hasn't work out like in the past. Usually, channel 3 reserved the end of the year time slot for their better lakorns and popular stars yet now they are struggling mightily to gain any viewers. To me, the middle pack of the lakorns this year gets better ratings.

I am surprised most by Mai and Mario. Their movie was a big hit and the channel pairing them up seeing a potential hit as a couple and saving their lakorn for the last part of the year only to realized viewers doesn't care as much. It doesn't help the lakorn is boring. I used to just stick to channel 3 but now I watched whatever channels or lakorns that draw my attention. Good lakorns doesn't come often so I am not as picky about the channels...unless the pranangs are bunch of hideous people then I won't attempt the lakorn other than that, I give it a try and see how it goes. I am watching the evening lakorn with Mai...I complained about him every episodes but somehow I am still watching it lol

Yoshieee

sarNie Egg
Despite the low-ish (depending) ratings, I'm glad this has a lot of buzz. In general, marketers are advertising to people in the urban areas and bkk so as long as it has buzz where the money is, I think it's good for the entire cast future. I've always felt like ch3 depends WAY too much on "koojin" and not enough on storyline. Also, most of their fans are way young compared to other channel fans IMO. Some of these young kids needs to be doing homework so they can't even watch dramas when they come on at prime time.

I think KC with Yaya and Mark and Plerng Boon were some of the best Ch3 dramas this year, but overall, I find Ch3 really boring with Lakorn choices. It's the same storylines/plots w/ a different Koojin - I think they should really abandon that system, though at the same time, I tend to find myself liking the actresses w/o Koojin; like Chompoo and Mint. The thing about being w/ Ch3 is that instant A-list status when you become one of their main lead actors or actresses, but even then, outside of Nadech, Mark, James Ma, Mario, Boy, James Ji and Yaya, Kim, Margie, Mint, Mew, Taew and Bella, it doesn't really seem like there is much to do because they capture 90% of advertising opportunities. Even Chompoo is kind of winding down with the new era of stars taking over and she was HUGE. I really miss some of the old Lakorns, especially that ch7 used to produce like "Luk Mai...Klai Ton" (the remake was bad IMO) with the more serious acting. I think in general, acting talent has regressed...to much focus on just looks and clothes in Lakorns so no-one needs to really know how to act that well...especially for Ch3. Even for me, though I really like JMa, I feel like his acting regressed from when he first started, probably because he's not being challenged enough in his roles.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
This lakorn in general is about p'k and his struggles and responsibilities. I'm glad they change it a bit and progress the pra'nang. Lol everyone hates lamon. She does not deserve Alex, she is soo selfish, she knows the truth that p'k does not romantically love her.

Not huge pra'nang interactions but the sm interactions is cute. They are more angst....

I didn't expect much from the lakorn since I know the original story-line. I like how the cast are close in Real life. Love Jalida interactions, they are so comfortable w/each other.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Like most of the stuff I see on Social Media is people telling Khun Ying to go and slap Lamoon rofl. There are even jokes on how Khun Ying is the real nang'ek and Lamoon is the Nang'rai. Too much focus on the side characters and not enough on the leads. I was happy when I saw they added more sweet scenes, but they lie lol.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Notice they had the BEST rating when pra'nang had the most scenes...ep1-4 & ep 8 is when they had the most scenes. Wish they balance it out better...it can be story driven with ample romance.

Lamon... you don't own him! Don't fake it...she know all along that he never loved her and was forced into it. Even before that he loved Khun Ying. Damn selfish B! Grrrr...she is truly worse of all....and khun ying tried to kill nk lol....but ya...nxt preview she's on par w/lamon for being a D*ck

Goddamit, let him live his life!

Their duet is soo stinking cute!