[CH3] Kharm See Tan Don (PENPUT TV): Pope Thanawat / Chippy Sirin

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Finally they're going back home. Sheesh. Took them long enough.

Like @Rosi said Tieng doesn't seem to be a part of the story at all. He's like hidden behind all those unnecessary characters. Pope is doing okay, maybe it's the character, but he's a bit inconsistent. . .

Sigh. Episode 3 here I come. Gonna make sure I don't fall asleep.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Okay. Back on.

Um. I'm not sure I like Tieng's straightforwardness on hitting on Deun. Haha. And like yeah, what does he do all day?? At least make merit hahaha. And Deun is really too weak. Urgh.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Because this is a family lakorn
Smart@ss. Haha. I know it's a family lakorn, but ni other family matters besides our two main family. We're getting into random model's mentor's modeling life, we're getting into Tieng's friend's wife's family's life. They get more screen time than our pra'ek.

I love Au, but his character is a jerk. And I'm sorry, but the director did a poor job in directing this cast. It doesn't flow well at all. Everything feels staged and. . . I don't know how else to explain it.

Chippy is very bland too. I just don't feel her emotions at all.

I am almost done with Ep3 haha.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
When the dad was choking the mom, everyone ran in and stared for a good 10 secs before doing ANYTHING. Wtf?? Deun stopped and looked at her mom getting choked and then at Than and then at her parents again. Wow. Haha. I'm getting so frustrated y'all. I'd rather go drown myself in Kom Faek.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Smart@ss. Haha. I know it's a family lakorn, but ni other family matters besides our two main family. We're getting into random model's mentor's modeling life, we're getting into Tieng's friend's wife's family's life. They get more screen time than our pra'ek.

I love Au, but his character is a jerk. And I'm sorry, but the director did a poor job in directing this cast. It doesn't flow well at all. Everything feels staged and. . . I don't know how else to explain it.

I think it's because the director said he wanted to show lots of different sides of family types that leads to different type of addictions. However I agree that theres way too many side stories. This is turning into a ch7 lakorns but just not working. Ch7 have a certain talent for turning horrible lakorns into something that grabs your attention to keep on watching. I mean its still horrible if you really think about it but you still want to watch it.

Anyways I think there are so many layers with different characters but I'll just stick with the main. Like Chippy cus to me I'm most interested in her character. She knows deep down in her heart that her boyfriend is an asshole and treats her like shit she knows that he hates her family and any normal girl would dump his ass already but Chippy is dysfunctional herself. Her family is a hot mess therefore she seeks something or someone that is "normal". She seeks love that she doesn't see in her family. Yes her family is together but they're really better off separated. She refused to see that her boyfriend is exactly like her dad. Fortunately her mom saw that and even warned her of the life she'll live by saying "you're experiencing it at home". Fortunately she is now waking up and I really do think its because her brother accused her of wanting him drug free so that their family can be worthy of his. Out of all the characters in this lakorn, Chippy and Pope's dad really two of the strongest.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I think it's because the director said he wanted to show lots of different sides of family types that leads to different type of addictions. However I agree that theres way too many side stories. This is turning into a ch7 lakorns but just not working. Ch7 have a certain talent for turning horrible lakorns into something that grabs your attention to keep on watching. I mean its still horrible if you really think about it but you still want to watch it.

Anyways I think there are so many layers with different characters but I'll just stick with the main. Like Chippy cus to me I'm most interested in her character. She knows deep down in her heart that her boyfriend is an asshole and treats her like shit she knows that he hates her family and any normal girl would dump his ass already but Chippy is dysfunctional herself. Her family is a hot mess therefore she seeks something or someone that is "normal". She seeks love that she doesn't see in her family. Yes her family is together but they're really better off separated. She refused to see that her boyfriend is exactly like her dad. Fortunately her mom saw that and even warned her of the life she'll live by saying "you're experiencing it at home". Fortunately she is now waking up and I really do think its because her brother accused her of wanting him drug free so that their family can be worthy of his. Out of all the characters in this lakorn, Chippy and Pope's dad really two of the strongest.
I really love your analyzation of chippys chatacter. Makes a lot of sense!

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid

Hmmm... maybe I'll agree with you when subs come out. I haven't gotten everything you have from the characters because half the time I don't know what they're saying.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG

I understand that he wants to show different family issues, but there comes a point where it's too much that it overshadows the main storyline. I don't mean to say I want BPS's style of writing where the side stories come and go, I just want something transitionable and non-overwhelming. The screenwriter may have been a little overzealous in proving his/point.

That's a good analysis, but I can't feel Deun at all. Chippy just can't seem to get into character. I feel like she just delivers her lines and then makes over-the-top expressions. It may sound a little harsh, but she can't act with her eyes. She can definitely learn from the actress playing her mom though because I feel like she is the real mvp here. I actually felt her and Pope's parents are the strongest ones.
Deun's mom gets to deal with an abusive husband. She couldn't even relax while dining with him that's how scared she is of him, yet she chooses to stay. Is she staying out of fear? Out of love? For her kids sake? Idk. For now I feel like she is just staying out of fear, but she's still got her kids or kid, aka Deun, who wants to keep the family together. So perhaps she's staying because of both?

Anyway my biggest complaints are the over the top rai-ness coming from Wat's mom-in-law and that random ass model we met in Africa.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid

Chippy can't act really well. Sorry they need to give her smaller roles so she can work more on her skills and charisma

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Omg Duan just punched the girl in the face?! Hahaha. Ok. He shouldn't have done that, because she merely smacked his lips for calling her auntie, but she shouldn't have forced him to take off his shades either. Sheesh. That's what you get.