❤[Ch3] Buang Nareumit (Who & Who)

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
This is unbelievably sad. 300 layoffs is a big number. What has ch3 been doing?
Relying too much on Koojins that necessarly don't have chemistry, less time spent on honing a potentially good actor/actress more time spent on favourite kids. Most of the time there is this new lukreung cute newbie that emerges and get promoted like craycray no matter what and is given lead role straight away. Channel more and more whitewashed (can Thai folks really relate ? I wonder). Storylines getting less and less interesting and well though especially with the surge in veteran actresses/actors becoming producers (Ann, Noi for example)

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
CH3 has three channels so I guess they have more expenses to cover.
The ratings for CH7 used to be in the 8s or 9s but now 4s or 5s, but they still have room for cushion. CH3 used to be in the 5s or 6s but now 2s or 3s.
Not sure how much revenue comes from lakorns, but they also have news, sports, talk shows, etc.

ella0411

sarNie Adult
They need better storylines and fresh pairings! Just look at how much attention mark and mew got because they are pairing up for the first time
They need better storyline. In kdramas, I watch the series even though I'm not a fan of the lead couple. Great acting and good storyline could just get you into it.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Channel 3 has to find a way to form a different formula going forward. I don't think they could sustain any success if they keep on doing the same thing expecting the same result. Maybe not to the Thai viewers but I think their repetitive coupling idea was horrible. And that goes to all the couples not just one. They simply have no clue as to spreading people around. Once the couple rating is not working in their previous lakorn there was no incentive to keep on repeating it for the next 4 or 5 ones. The ratings would be a huge indication if it works or not...but not channel 3 though. They be like...if we get a 3 for the couple lets put them in another lakorn right away to see if we can get a 2.
Like it is so obvious yadech never brought in big ratings but they won't let go. And the JamesJi/Taew back to back was not a good idea imo. Who in his right mind think it is good idea to pair Mew with Tik in a role that is too big for her ? The Mew and Pope cases in their 2 latest lakorns for example make me think how a lot of today ch3 A-listers may be stars but not necessarly great actors (Ann in her heydays would have killed both roles). One31 and GMM25 tend to challenge more their actors.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
It’s mainly the storylines for ch3, it doesn’t really matter if they’re A list or not. Too many remakes that doesn’t really surprise the audience anymore. I don’t think Kdrama/Chinese remakes would help with ratings either cus Thai audiences can’t relate. They do too much of hyping up the couples and BTS, but those doesn’t help much with ratings either. It’s the storylines hat need to be improve/get creative.

Too many repetitive pairings.

Acting like Korean actors doesn’t mean Thai audiences will like it either. It will look fake and silly. Two different acting cultures here.

Oh how does GMM and One HD stay in business when their lakorns are not the typical and they don’t get high ratings?

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I like them together...on screen wise in their lakorn was one of the sweetest couple. Their relationship is so normal that it was that rare in lakorn world. Watching them I feel like I am intruding in their relationship lol. Anyway, can't wait for this...even if some of her dresses looks like a curtain at times.
Yup, watching them is like watching a real couple. They truly knows the in n out of their personality. It makes you believe that they are truly meant to be with each other.

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
1hd and gmm relate to the new generations and their rating is on par with ch3

I prefer k/c drama. They have better storylines to choose from. I watch or find at least 1 series a month to watch from them. Thai lakorn this year is like 3 for the whole year

I HATE fillers and way to nice of characters.

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
They need better storylines and fresh pairings! Just look at how much attention mark and mew got because they are pairing up for the first time
Sometimes some team members are just more generous. I still remember people complaining when LR was shooting and fans were saying ThongEnt was stingy, didn’t release any bts much. Surprisingly MHIL are loaded with bts pics/clips every time they shoot. Just thankful, cuz they’re both by the same production.

Better storylines and assemble cast yes but not sure about new pairings would bring higher ratings.
Mark/Kim’s lakorn was 2nd and Nadech/Yaya’s lakorn was 4th in term of ratings out of 28 lakorns this year.
The new pairings didn’t fare that well even with populars like James J., James Ma, Teaw, Bella, Pope, etc.
Def shocked with some of the pairings. All of the rest of Pope and Bella lakorns weren’t doing too well in ratings either, maybe Bc the plots were lacking and not interesting enough? I was more surprised most lakorns were in the low 2s, barely hitting a 3 now. Like what the heck is happening? Sometime is def wrong now if they laid off 300 people, too.

I just don’t think ratings will go up anytime soon if ch3 keep doing what they’re doing now; boring plots and lack of diversity in actors or acting.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I don't think the pairings are an issue, it's the quality that they're pushing out that is the cause. It's high time that they pull their socks up and start creating fresh content. I'm sure there are plenty of Thai novels out there that have yet to be adapted, buy the rights to those or if it's an original then make sure the writing is great and team that up with tight editing. Ch3 needs to reflect and begin making changes or they're going to continue to fall behind.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't think the pairings are an issue, it's the quality that they're pushing out that is the cause. It's high time that they pull their socks up and start creating fresh content. I'm sure there are plenty of Thai novels out there that have yet to be adapted, buy the rights to those or if it's an original then make sure the writing is great and team that up with tight editing. Ch3 needs to reflect and begin making changes or they're going to continue to fall behind.
Some of the fanfictions here are better than what ch3 offers

ella0411

sarNie Adult
Rome really looks different. Matt looks good in that straight short hair.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Omg im so excited!! Is there any subbing news for this ? Rome looks a bit different but it doesn’t really bother me.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Dang, this lakorn was when Matt have the short hair. It took them so long to air. And funny they couldn't find a time to air it until after her scandal. Anyhow, still want to see what it's about.

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I like seeing Matt with short hair. So this is a ghost/past life storyline? The trailer looks good though.

Last edited:

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Looks pretty decent. I forgot how much chemistry these two have with one another. Who & Who is so hit and miss though, mostly miss from what I remember.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Teaser:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSJWOrlqb6/

*it actually looks promising.
Hmmm, they always look promising and end up being. . . bleh. I'm just gonna wait for the premiere! HEHE.

Rome is looking exhausted on the teaser as if he is sick.
Rome really looks different. Matt looks good in that straight short hair.
Haha. This was when Rome was going though that phase. The plastic surgery phase.

Glad he took care of it. Anywho.. . .Matt looks great with any hair! She pulls them off very well.

As for that scandal. I'm going to be completely oblivious to it.