❤️You know you are watching a Thai lakorn when...

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
When you've watched the original and 3 other remakes of the same lakorn praying/hoping the lakorn will end differently...Koo Gum

sajenna said:
... when kidnapping is a national's sport

pink_juliet_kashie said:
Gosh I got a hell of a laugh out of this...I suppose once a yr the Thai gov. get together a group of man, dress them in camoflauge outfit, geared complete with ropes,tapes and all, then they are released into the cities to signal the start of the competition.

LimeGrass said:
^LMAO But then how do they decide the winner? Whoever kidnaps the most women?
LoL resharing! This is my favorite by far.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
pink_juliet_kashie said:
When you've watched the original and 3 other remakes of the same lakorn praying/hoping the lakorn will end differently...Koo Gum

LoL resharing! This is my favorite by far.
Koo Gum will always end the same way... boo!!

Reactions: Iya

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
The n'rai tries to embarrass n'ek by getting white people and getting n'ek to talk to them thinking she can't but wait she blows them all away with her heavily accented English that sometimes doesn't make sense.

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
- when something terribly happens and n'ek faints into p'ek arms
- the head of the police is BAD, that's why they can't figure anything out till the end
- sometimes the n'rai dad is a mafia
- the girls make up/hair is always perfect, even when waking up in the morning
- when p'ek tells n'ek that she watches too many lakorns

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Cupid Candy said:
The n'rai tries to embarrass n'ek by getting white people and getting n'ek to talk to them thinking she can't but wait she blows them all away with her heavily accented English that sometimes doesn't make sense.
Lol, laughed so hard here. Khun Chai Ratchanon, correct?

TA0801_99

sarNie Egg
the lady/ladies who wear a lot of make up and red lipstick will be the antagonist.

This has probably been mentioned...

You know you're watching a Thai lakorn when there is a "katoey".
By the way, I love katoeys; they tend to be the comedic relief of a lakorn.

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
Lol, agree almost every thai lakorn has a katoey

You know your watching when ever some body is hurt its lover will cry and tears will drop on its hand.

stargazer13

sarNie Egg
- When main character is hit by a car/shot by a gun nobody has the brains to call an ambulance and instead they go on crying for the main character. In reality the main character should be dead, but in lakorns their super fine.
- Nang'ek is so super nice that she'll cater to everyone's needs.
- The nang'ek always has to be pregnant and tries hiding it from pra'ek because she hates him at the time.
- Pra'ek will find out that nang'ek is pregnant because she keeps throwing up. He most probably will look through her medicines also.
- Nang'ek almost always refuses that it's pra'ek baby because they're on bad terms.
- Pra'ek will come up with one beautiful stupid corny line that will make the nang'ek forgive him.
- The nang rai always tag teams wither her mother or in some cases her whole family.
- Nang'ek stupidly believes that nang rai is good.
- Nang'ek always pushes pra'ek off to be with nang rai.
- Main characters always seem to be accident proof because no matter how badly they are injured they will always be ok.

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
You know when
When ever the nang ek is about to get raped from the bad guys the Pa ek will always come and help her!!!

When a nangrai puts sleeping pills on the pa ek and fake that he raped her.

Nutella

sarNie Egg
Hi hi, I am new here and I really love this thread! I laughed at my screen for hours, my parents think I'm crazy now -____-;;

I just thought I'd contribute a few points, sorry if there are repeats >.<;;

-If someone is calling, they have no patience. After maximum 2 rings, they'll stop the call, twist their faces and utter threats like "So you think you can ignore me, huh?"
-If someone is trying to explain a situation/misunderstanding, they MUST explain in the most vaguest way possible, and start from the most unimportant part of the explanation. 
-When they actually get to the important part of the explanation, one of the following will happen
   (a) The other party will interrupt and walk away.
   (b) The other party will interrupt to insult, and the explainer will get so angry they will say "Fine, ok, I really am like that!" and then they will walk away.
   (c) A third party interrupts.
   (d) Bottom line: No one gets to explain the truth.
-N'ek will always eavesdrop on the wrong part of the conversation (n'rai confessing her love) and leave before she can get to the important part (p'ek refusing her).
-Even if the girl is drop dead gorgeous, she will be called a man or Tom if she wears jeans and has a spine.
-All the villains have a Ph.D in twisting the situation to make them look good and n'ek look bad. Optional: mob ties. 

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
When the Nang'rai knows everything and every secrets, but the Nang'Ake is Oblivious to everything! Oh and Nang'Ake is usually dumb and weak. LOL.

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
If there are twins the the twins will fake that they are the other twin to get the praek or the Nangek. Or is not the other twin will die and the other will replace the other twin to figure out there twins dealth.

When the playboy/brat praek or Nangek changes after they meet there lover.

Joy

sarNie Hatchling
The only way to get out of an arranged married with someone you don't like, is to marry someone else you don't like.

cecilia

Staff member
You'll always end up in an isolated area or island when p'ek kidnaps you for revenge due to a problem caused by your parent or your sibling lol -- it's never for ransom; maybe love ransom lol 

Never use yourself as a bait when seeking revenge lol (this one might be universal)

thobuon

sarNie Egg
That is a great list and additions from other members. I always know when my friend is watching a lakorn because the women are always fighting and pulling each other hair. There tend to be a lot of shouting or raised voices. Plus, she is always saying how stupid the good characters are and how evil the bad ones, particularly the females. For all her eye-rolling, though, she loves lakorns. This is a terrific forum, by the way. I appreciate the hard work it takes to have a wonderful resource like this site.