❤️ Various ET News

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Kem? Kem/Mookda looks like their attempt at pushing koo jin. But the chemistry looks forced to me, lol.
Yes him....lol...I couldn't remember his name

I don't know why but I don't vibe with many ch7 daras.......I can't find the word for it....they seems forced on us?? I don't know.

Those I like are under-dog who has no lakorns...like now

I just don't like ch7 vibe in general and esp...how they are treating people....with Om...like damn

spanky

sarNie OldFart
AGREED. They have great stories. This is the future of Thai television/web dramas.
Granted they do remakes of Kdramas...but still an expansion of storylines....which I think has inspired of better scripts.

I'm looking forward to UGM - sci-fi

Midnight museum - mystery- human psychology?

I liked GOOD old days...mini-series with content

OneHD as of 2022- I watched 4 of their lakorn. That is a lat for me....considering I only finished about 1 lakorn for a few years now

nat12

sarNie Adult
Currently, I think only the BL fans are into koo jin.

For the rest, people are more into the actors? Like oh, this actor and that actress act well together, and would be nice to see them again. But yeah pushing koo jin together is very 2010 lol.

@spanky lol I only watch about 1 lakorn per year too! The biggest issue is with lakorn is that we are currently in Gen Z era, but too many lakorn look like they’re made by boomers and for boomers to watch.

I’m not saying we only make lakorn for young people. But I’m an old millennial and I’m very tired of watching dramas about revenge, fighting over men, wealth, fighting mother-in-law. They have their place, but those shouldn’t be the only plots that exist.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Can someone explain Build's issue and resignation from BOC? Not a BL fan but I saw his name trending on Twitter recently.

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
Well.. sadly i think the drama with outdated theme like revenge, fighting over wealth, women slapping each other, husband cheating, love scene romance etc are what people like. Im sure the one that have good rating are these kind of drama. I wish people just be more accepting toward a non romance related genre. AND channel need to produce a good non romance drama too.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Currently, I think only the BL fans are into koo jin.

For the rest, people are more into the actors? Like oh, this actor and that actress act well together, and would be nice to see them again. But yeah pushing koo jin together is very 2010 lol.

@spanky lol I only watch about 1 lakorn per year too! The biggest issue is with lakorn is that we are currently in Gen Z era, but too many lakorn look like they’re made by boomers and for boomers to watch.

I’m not saying we only make lakorn for young people. But I’m an old millennial and I’m very tired of watching dramas about revenge, fighting over men, wealth, fighting mother-in-law. They have their place, but those shouldn’t be the only plots that exist.

I'm also a millennial lol

I prefer K/c drama because there is more choices and genre. Not namnao, unless you directly want it. Their Makang drama is the family weekend drama.

I just finish the forbidden marriage. Only 12 ep...simple ..fun..easy watch...

I enjoyed oneHD and Gmmtv.

Bierfern had a few fluff...easy watch
-sand princess
-49 days

Good Old days- is a series of short stories

Family...love...lost...ect

They have some upcoming series in looking forward to. They are also affiliated with Korean series so they have some thai remake. I saw lawless lawyer. I love Namtan, she a great diverse actress. So I'm looking forward to that.

OneHD

- sky fall (remake)
- love proposal ( beside the annoying mom.and n'rai). This drama was entertaining. Brotherly love, main lead love and the friendship
-pooklook + Tono

I'm not into BL but To sir with love is a good story telling

I did watch 1 or 2 ch7 lakorn that has the typical trope....

Fah mee tawan remake was decent. Ffwd the annoying rai. It is too much, no substance.

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
i remember seeing that too. apparently from what i read at the time, he was accused of rape by a twitter user and it heavily impacted him, losing projects, dropped from cfs etc and made him mentally and physically sick due to the stress he got during this time.

his family and fans stand by him and fight for him and recently it was exposed that the twitter use was a hater who make fake accusation and she(or he?) apologize for accusing him but his fans would not accept the apology and trended #justiceforbuild on twitter. apperently she was only 17 y/o. there are people saying forgive her brcause she is a minor but his fans were not having it and keep trending about it

thats all i know. i know nothing about this actor but i do remember seeing twitter posts about a few months ago about a famous bl newbie accused of rape. they keep posting about how Build is a rapist on every post about him. but i did not follow thai ent news much after that so i have no idea what happened after that until that hashtag trended

This remind me of a Chinese series...smile?

FL lead got hurt by a hater who is also a minor. She spread hate and sent a blade to hurt her. The parent's and girl in the series, also pull the... I'm a minor you can't/shouldn't prosecute me....

These extreme fans are psycho

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Well.. sadly i think the drama with outdated theme like revenge, fighting over wealth, women slapping each other, husband cheating, love scene romance etc are what people like. Im sure the one that have good rating are these kind of drama. I wish people just be more accepting toward a non romance related genre. AND channel need to produce a good non romance drama too.
I'm a hopeless romantic and that is what I gear too....but I enjoy different genre

Kdrama

- sweet home - psychological/human

I see gmmtv has a few genre like this. I feel like it challenges the actors even if it is a guest role.

I also like a simple easy watch. Gmmtv has a few fluff. I wish they did more. I.e. ugly ducking series and uprince. Short...simple and easy....I feel they left that behind....

They did a miss opportunity with the Player. It could've been a decent series with better writing and story telling. There was no suspense or twist.

2023 seems like 75% BL in which I'm not interested in. It's like the cdrama idol romance drama. They have like 20 series a year and maybe 3 clicks with you. All the same type of tropes.

They do dramatize it and it can be a hit or miss with storyline because they mix in typical lakorn trope into it.

I love Namtan, I figure my dear Donovan is a simple easy watch. Started out ok. Seems ...simple...easy watch with some chuckles. It went down hill by ep 10....typical lakorn tropes for unnecessary drama. All of a sudden her grandfather had a gun and was trying to kill pk because he don't like him for her......like what? Lol

I dropped it but skim it out of curiosity.

But compare to ch3 and ch7 line up. I'm actually interested and finishing more than 1 oneHd/gmmtv series.

I'm looking forward to the mystery and sci-fi....even the remakes since I didn't watch the c/k version.

I'm currently rewatching a turkish drama. A little too long for me. I ffw ppl I'm not interested in lol.

Early Bird - pretty funny and some flutter moments.

nat12

sarNie Adult
No, those types of plots can remain but they really need to start making more of other types.

If we are talking Ch3, the new dramas are not really getting ratings. The last one that did well was perhaps Mario-Yaya’s drama. It did well in terms of view numbers and online hype. I think fans of those typical lakorn are the only ones still watching them and the ratings are falling. Ch3 reruns score higher ratings than new dramas, and for those on tv views count because they can be viewed online via the app.

I like romance too but can’t we have more creativity? Romance in work settings, school settings, between rival shop owners or what not? Lol Not everything has to be a mega drama project. Last Ch3 lakorn I liked was the Great & Kao one and the Mark & Mew one. Those had romance too, and something different in the plots too.

@spanky I enjoyed the Tono & Pooklook drama. Very typical plot but entertaining. I laughed so hard at the scene where PL thought Tono’s mum was his gf. :risas3: Their chemistry and acting is decent. I could finish most of it lol. Not into BL so I didn’t watch To Sir With Love. But the theme song is all over the internet and can’t get out of my mind. :pancarta:

The only Ch3 drama I’m waiting for is Prom Likit. And maybe the Mark & Yaya one.

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
No, those types of plots can remain but they really need to start making more of other types.

If we are talking Ch3, the new dramas are not really getting ratings. The last one that did well was perhaps Mario-Yaya’s drama. It did well in terms of view numbers and online hype. I think fans of those typical lakorn are the only ones still watching them and the ratings are falling. Ch3 reruns score higher ratings than new dramas, and for those on tv views count because they can be viewed online via the app.

I like romance too but can’t we have more creativity? Romance in work settings, school settings, between rival shop owners or what not? Lol Not everything has to be a mega drama project. Last Ch3 lakorn I liked was the Great & Kao one and the Mark & Mew one. Those had romance too, and something different in the plots too.

@spanky I enjoyed the Tono & Pooklook drama. Very typical plot but entertaining. I laughed so hard at the scene where PL thought Tono’s mum was his gf. :risas3: Their chemistry and acting is decent. I could finish most of it lol. Not into BL so I didn’t watch To Sir With Love. But the theme song is all over the internet and can’t get out of my mind. :pancarta:

The only Ch3 drama I’m waiting for is Prom Likit. And maybe the Mark & Yaya one.
Yeah they dont need to stop producing such drama completely. What i mean is those kind of drama will always be the one that have high possibility to become popular. Currently the one with push and patricia done quite well right? Romance - business genre. Of course it still ongoing. We still dont know how it will turn out later. The average is 3++ & the highest reach 4.1@4.2. i think it consider good for ch3 standard.
Btw i think whatever genre it is, they will always insert romance no?. Romance wont completely dissappear. But again, the one where the romance are more intense/heavy/more drama are preferable by the audience compare to others. Lets just pray that these channel are smart and brave enough to try more different plot/story. And i wish to see these channel produce a good non romance genre drama too.

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart

My brother is gay and he is no longer interested in BL. He said it a same old sh--....and they make them seems like thot and cheating...
They suffer same issues as thai lakorn....limited diverse...creative storyline or genre

I'm not Into BL either....but to sir with love is good. I really like the characters of the Brothers and their bonding ad loving siblings. No rivalry but support.

Pk is in turmoil. He was a wonderful humam beinflg. 1 funny scene the SML bro ...call ML jai (sister,) joking to him...and it was sweet and cute.

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Yeah they dont need to stop producing such drama completely. What i mean is those kind of drama will always be the one that have high possibility to become popular. Currently the one with push and patricia done quite well right? Romance - business genre. Of course it still ongoing. We still dont know how it will turn out later. The average is 3++ & the highest reach 4.1@4.2. i think it consider good for ch3 standard.
Btw i think whatever genre it is, they will always insert romance no?. Romance wont completely dissappear. But again, the one where the romance are more intense/heavy/more drama are preferable by the audience compare to others. Lets just pray that these channel are smart and brave enough to try more different plot/story. And i wish to see these channel produce a good non romance genre drama too.

The ratings of push/pat is consider good for ch3...they got maybe 1 or 2...4....but they range from 2-4.....so at the end it average out to a normal 3 ish.

True ID has series that are no romance focused...or just a hint....gmmtv as well...the gift (mystery)

The boomers will fade out....they do like their typical lakorn trope....

But in general...lakorn world and trope are not garnering good ratings.

Ch 7 don't have good ratings...they use to be double le digits.....now 4 + is considered good for ch7

One HD Sky fall remake was good

- no pointless n'rai - n-rai was forced to chased pk. By her mom. She had goals/dreams. Person Growth.

Also it was shorter.

Now that is a good tweek to the previous lakorn.

Many of the previous storyline is decent for remake, but they need to remake it with better improvements

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
The ratings of push/pat is consider good for ch3...they got maybe 1 or 2...4....but they range from 2-4.....so at the end it average out to a normal 3 ish.

True ID has series that are no romance focused...or just a hint....gmmtv as well...the gift (mystery)

The boomers will fade out....they do like their typical lakorn trope....

But in general...lakorn world and trope are not garnering good ratings.

Ch 7 don't have good ratings...they use to be double le digits.....now 4 + is considered good for ch7

One HD Sky fall remake was good

- no pointless n'rai - n-rai was forced to chased pk. By her mom. She had goals/dreams. Person Growth.

Also it was shorter.

Now that is a good tweek to the previous lakorn.

Many of the previous storyline is decent for remake, but they need to remake it with better improvements
I do watch drama from gmmtv too. But only a few. Need to catch up a lot. Ch7 too but only in the past. But i mostly like actors from ch3. So, thats is why i wish ch3 can improve their drama. I wish more different genre, more story with good moral value, etc and not just a story about couple bickering, easily avoidable misunderstanding, ex coming back, family dispute, cheating..

nat12

sarNie Adult
Yes I noticed it too. The ratings for Push/Pat lakorn seemed decent compared to others from ch3 currently.

It’s sad that the same tropes also dominate BL drama.

But i mostly like actors from ch3. So, thats is why i wish ch3 can improve their drama.
Me too! And a point that I find depressing that if their scripts are boring is that what will happen when their current top stars leave? What will draw people to watch the channel? They don’t even have diverse scripts that can accommodate the talents they have. I think the channel’s current mindset seems to be that: oh these days people aren’t watching tv much anyway, so just continue making the same stuff for people who will watch. When it should be: let’s change the type of dramas we make so that we can attract people back to watching our dramas.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I do watch drama from gmmtv too. But only a few. Need to catch up a lot. Ch7 too but only in the past. But i mostly like actors from ch3. So, thats is why i wish ch3 can improve their drama. I wish more different genre, more story with good moral value, etc and not just a story about couple bickering, easily avoidable misunderstanding, ex coming back, family dispute, cheating..
Once awhile is fine...but dominating 80-90% of lakorn storyline....how much can ppl watch a cycle of ppl screaming n yelling at each other.

I found some older lakorns and been rewatching that.

1 lakorn is about.... siblings....love... family. It's really good.

I love ....love proposal.... the bond of the siblings and leads were good.....

Normalize that....siblings/people having each other's back....not always rivalry and revenge.

I saw a thai PBS show clip about doctors....

Remind me of hospital playlist. - these genre about comradery....or even a more mature
rivalry/competition

I see these expansion with oneHd and Gmmtv.

I'm currently watching

18 mongrukt - easy watch....fluff

Hak lai my lady - euro- paprye

so far so good....but it will eventually do the lakorn trope thing.

I like the majority of the characters. So far smart leads. The supporting are funny. (Easy watch for now)

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Hello, does anyone know what's the news about Due Arisara? I saw her on the news.
Calling out the 4 siblings (exposing)

They (due and hubby) are in Taiwan.

The news of Bic....(ex)....trauma when she heard of this. Saying she was abuse by them...why do these ppl still happiness when they done bad Karma.

She provided pictures as evidences....she has a bruised face.

She is not exposing for money...these ppl who hurt er...she was never protected...so that is why is exposing them (that family)

Last edited:

rae

sarNie Adult
Can someone explain Build's issue and resignation from BOC? Not a BL fan but I saw his name trending on Twitter recently.
Build was exposed by his ex girlfriend, during the two years they dated, he cheated on her, he physically abused her, he would re-gift to others the stuff she gave him, he still hasn't repaid money that she loaned him and she was blocked by him. Also due to her being a famed writer, she told some of her plots to him, which he then told to a drama writer that put her original ideas into the drama. There were some other stuff regarding abortion but I was a bit confused as to what went on. She said she made him choose between the baby and his dreams, he chose his dreams and so he took her to abort. His fans were claiming otherwise so who knows, anyway she's suing him so the evidence will come out.

Build and his management wanted to do a press conference with her, but she refused. She has said that she will never forgive him, wishes to never see him again in this life and the next, and will only see him in court. Build then quits the industry claiming that he doesn't want the people around him to be affected by this situation any further. He's saying what's shown is only a tiny bit of what happened but is not the whole truth.

lilyalana

sarNie Hatchling
Build was exposed by his ex girlfriend, during the two years they dated, he cheated on her, he physically abused her, he would re-gift to others the stuff she gave him, he still hasn't repaid money that she loaned him and she was blocked by him. Also due to her being a famed writer, she told some of her plots to him, which he then told to a drama writer that put her original ideas into the drama. There were some other stuff regarding abortion but I was a bit confused as to what went on. She said she made him choose between the baby and his dreams, he chose his dreams and so he took her to abort. His fans were claiming otherwise so who knows, anyway she's suing him so the evidence will come out.

Build and his management wanted to do a press conference with her, but she refused. She has said that she will never forgive him, wishes to never see him again in this life and the next, and will only see him in court. Build then quits the industry claiming that he doesn't want the people around him to be affected by this situation any further. He's saying what's shown is only a tiny bit of what happened but is not the whole truth.

ohhhh so spicy. looks like what i wrote was wrong then. so sorry, it was from what i could understand at the time as i barely know thai and only read tweets from his fans. my apologies.