❤️ Various ET News

bit

sarNie Adult
If you jumped from CH7 to CH3 or OneHD, it's kind of understandable, but jumping to PPTV? the owner must have pay you a lot of money to basically do nothing.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Yeah as I was reading that, Kwan's face popped up in my head. In my opinion, if you are going to leave a big channel, don't sign up with a super small one. It is always smarter to go freelance that way you actually have options. Plus you just left a long time contract, why bind yourself again. Look at what happened with her lakorn with OneHD, her stupid contract actual made her look dumb because she had to walk away from the lakorn after agreeing to it. Kwan, Pooklook and Pancake should have completely gone freelance. I haven't even watched a Pancake lakorn since she left ch7.

bit

sarNie Adult
Pancake is actually doing quite well for herself in terms of acting credential, Sri Ayodthaya, The Voice and latest Mother gets her role that normal evening lakorn wouldn’t give her. She had a nice portfolio if she wanted to expand abroad.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Must be Kwan. Is PPTV so rich for them to fool all of those actresses ?
They paid them out very well and they also agreed to let them work with other channels every year after they shoot stuff with them first but clearly it seems like none of them at PPTV are doing anything. Even if Pooklook is shooting anything right now, it’s been like a year or so already and it doesn’t even seem close to done as far as I know. That’s not exactly normal.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
It is better to go freelance if you are leaving your home channel. Seriously. It is not a guanrantee that your career is better when you leave your channel.

forgotusername

Miksmouse
If you're valued at a Channel and unless you have some kinda dream to chase and a decent fandom like Bow i don't get leaving. Baifern turned out well but they can't all leave and expect to be Baiferns. There is competition and there is so much lakorns to give to all + the new rising actors

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
They paid them out very well and they also agreed to let them work with other channels every year after they shoot stuff with them first but clearly it seems like none of them at PPTV are doing anything. Even if Pooklook is shooting anything right now, it’s been like a year or so already and it doesn’t even seem close to done as far as I know. That’s not exactly normal.
That is so not. PPTV is ruining some momentum here

byebye

sarNie OldFart
The celebrities are at fault too. Pooklook was doing fine at channel 7 then she up and goes to sign with another channel because they give her more money but really didn't think about it in the long run. Before signing what exactly is PPTV known for...obviously not for their lakorns. Especially when a bunch of channel 7 n'eks are leaving she would have a better chance to be on top of the channel instead since she left I hardly heard anything about her.

pikachu

sarNie Egg
I don’t really get how this situation is considered drama. If the blind item is correct, they’re the ones in the wrong not the actress.

Going freelance isn’t always the best idea, it depends on factors such as your popularity and fandom and of course, what companies are willing to offer in terms of pay and other incentives. Which so much competition and with channels also nurturing their own talents (who I’m sure they’d prioritised over a freelancer) it’s also not very secure. Baifern’s situation is an exception not the standard.

If PPTV isn’t pulling their weight and fulfilling its obligations that’s not the actresses fault and they should sue. It’s so weird to see people blaming them for wanting something different, especially when we don’t know how they were treated in Ch7, although from the fact that they decided to move elsewhere there must have been something they wanted that Ch7 wasn’t giving them.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I don’t really get how this situation is considered drama. If the blind item is correct, they’re the ones in the wrong not the actress.

Going freelance isn’t always the best idea, it depends on factors such as your popularity and fandom and of course, what companies are willing to offer in terms of pay and other incentives. Which so much competition and with channels also nurturing their own talents (who I’m sure they’d prioritised over a freelancer) it’s also not very secure. Baifern’s situation is an exception not the standard.

If PPTV isn’t pulling their weight and fulfilling its obligations that’s not the actresses fault and they should sue. It’s so weird to see people blaming them for wanting something different, especially when we don’t know how they were treated in Ch7, although from the fact that they decided to move elsewhere there must have been something they wanted that Ch7 wasn’t giving them.
Pooklook and Kwan are fairly popular. Baifern popularity was hardly anything when she left ch7. Still her career got revived as a freelance actress. Even mediocre actor like New Wongsakorn get loads of P'ek roles nowadays. I am sure Pooklook AND Kwan would have been fine going freelance. The one would have concern about had she left Ch7 is Sammy even I want her to leave cause ch7 sleeps on her. Same about Now

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't think channel 7 really treated the likes of Kwan and Pooklook that badly especially when they are getting lakorns. Just like Weir he has been with them forever and he's basically the king of that channel when it comes to leading man. There's a certain of loyalty from him and the channel. Kwan grew up with channel 7 and it seemed they treated her a lot better than some people where she does get decent amount of work.

I get that people want to try new things and grow tired of the same environment but you have to look at the risk of doing so and starting over. Fame is not a guarantee to last so by taking a chance on newer things they have to prepare for the fall. Everything in life if it sounds too good to be true than more time than not it really is.

Freelance will give you a better chance to work with other channels. I think the ones that leave channel 7 recently, Mai seemed to be the chill one. She has had moderate success.

forgotusername

Miksmouse
I think CH7 treats Now a lot better now.

Going freelance is risky, its a career move and all, i guess there is no regrets at least if u tried.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
It’s definitely not the girls fault at all. On paper, their contract and situation sounded amazing. They get a big fat check to sign with the channel, they do a lakorn or two with them for the year, and they are also free to work with other channels after fulfilling their duties in their contract. It just ended up not being good in real life cause as far as I know PPTV has only released that lakorn with Andrew and Noon and they’re not even signed with them. It’s the channel not fulfilling their end of the contract so you can’t really blame the girls. They still should’ve thought more about the fact that this is in fact one of the smallest channels in Thailand before signing with them but again can you blame them. They though they were getting a good contract.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Yes, I agree it's not the girl's fault. The channel should of kept their word. It just sucks cause that nek has to get stuck into that mess, which does create drama.

bit

sarNie Adult

I don't get the loyalty to channel things, probably because in other countries actors and actresses are freelance agents that can go where ever they one based on what their ambition in acting is. Some do it just for money, some do it to hone their skill and build repertoire.

But I guess with Thailand - actor and actresses are chosen to act in certain lakorn based on their connection rather than going for casting of roles.

So if you want to earn money, going for the big contract which will cover your income for years to come seems reasonable. CH7 does get the rating, but in term of getting that extra income for your old age, they are way behind CH3 stars, beside most CH3 veterans were given the chance to be producers afterward. So it's a good move.

Moving to OneHD, will get you the acting chop since they do drama like no others.

Moving to PPTV? well the owner burns money like it's paper (I'm starting to think he is into illegal stuff and this is his money laundering front:risas3:) I guess the offer was too good to let go. If you love acting then it's going to be rusty waiting for them to produce one. Pancake got a better deal since she was there earlier, and she get to do other projects outside.

If the said blind said the actress is suing, then she must had enough of sitting idle doing nothing. She wanted to act and they are not giving it to her. She has every right to do so.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I always wondered about Chinese artists because there are so many of them I can't even keep track. I know they are signed to an agency but from there do they just act with any production companies because it seemed actors/actresses are all over the place. Do they even have a specific channel? Because some web dramas are pretty good. And their views are like in the billions. Though 2 billions are considered successful ( usually it's a possibility of a second season) and their industry is way more competitive. Anyway, have been curious with that side of the world when it comes to that.

Like one actress auditioned and had to act out a line 40 times with different actors.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I always wondered about Chinese artists because there are so many of them I can't even keep track. I know they are signed to an agency but from there do they just act with any production companies because it seemed actors/actresses are all over the place. Do they even have a specific channel? Because some web dramas are pretty good. And their views are like in the billions. Though 2 billions are considered successful ( usually it's a possibility of a second season) and their industry is way more competitive. Anyway, have been curious with that side of the world when it comes to that.

Like one actress auditioned and had to act out a line 40 times with different actors.

It depends on the agency and company. Many Chinese actors has their only company and the series is under that production. If their production company sit on them ans they sit with no work.

Also if you are main land or Taiwan

Web drama has more freedom & less restrictions/ censorship

I watch the chinese ET news. Dilreba...famous as she was sitting and had nothing for over a year. She is under Yang MI agency. That why you would she her star with the guys in like all of her lakorn.

Good bye my princess actress...hit it big but she hasn't got any work for over a year. She just got a series recently. She is under Fan Bing Bing production/agency.

That is my snippet of understanding. I follow Marcus sim and sometime read info from dramalist hahaha