❤️ Various ET News

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Then Aum practically swept for her role as the Burmese queen but lost one to I forgot who. So awards should just be treated lightly. Just because someone win does not mean they are the greatest and vice versa.

Last edited:

kaliya

sarNie Egg
Haha yeah and the next 2 years was no different. Taew got an award for Nakee and then there was some drama. I guess Todd threw shade and stated his opinion that Nune shoulda got it for Pitsawat or some recognition that year. Something like that. Haha. Nune just said it was his opinion and that she thinks that Taew is talented and beautiful and no need to quarrel over small things like that. Haha
I remember that incident. It was just history repeating itself. The week before Taew got that award, Nune won Best Actress over Taew which upset Nakee fans as well. At the end of the day, being in the industry means you gotta learn how to share the spotlight with other people. Everyone is talented in their own way but timing and opportunities will be the factors that allow for each person to shine.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Mai made a big splash in the fashion world during the D&G show. She was like on so many articles including Vogue! and she also trended in Weibo. Hope she takes care of her health. I glad she's found the area of her career that she is comfortable in
Between Mai and Poo, I think Mai has a better chance at going international modeling. She has that look that would make her not just blend in. Poo is beautiful but Mai exudes this pretty confidence like when she walked in D&G.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I'm definitely in the minority group but as of right now I still prefer Poo on the runway than Mai. That being said I think both girls are doing great and the modelling industry needs more diversity so I hope they become more well known within that circle of high fashion etc.

kpopwarehouse

purple hibiscus
the fact that you guys think poo and mai are now international models because they walked the d&g show is laughable. i guess jessica jung and mario should also become a model. they are trying to break into the international market through endorsements which gets them noticed. i dont get the comparison between both. will wait to see which one of the thai fashionista's gets an invite to the met gala till then, they are doing what most celebs from other parts of asia have done and even gotten tired of doing. maybe we can get another priyanka choopra from thailand and i personally dont see it being either mai (unless she cleans up her english) or poo.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Haha yeah and the next 2 years was no different. Taew got an award for Nakee and then there was some drama. I guess Todd threw shade and stated his opinion that Nune shoulda got it for Pitsawat or some recognition that year. Something like that. Haha. Nune just said it was his opinion and that she thinks that Taew is talented and beautiful and no need to quarrel over small things like that. Haha
Noon deserved some recognition as well for pitsawat. She was really scary

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Then Aum practically swept for her role as the Burmese queen but lost one to I forgot who. So awards should just be treated lightly. Just because someone win does not mean they are the greatest and vice versa.
Aum overracted imo. Kob and Baifern even Yaya gave better performances that year

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
the fact that you guys think poo and mai are now international models because they walked the d&g show is laughable. i guess jessica jung and mario should also become a model. they are trying to break into the international market through endorsements which gets them noticed. i dont get the comparison between both. will wait to see which one of the thai fashionista's gets an invite to the met gala till then, they are doing what most celebs from other parts of asia have done and even gotten tired of doing. maybe we can get another priyanka choopra from thailand and i personally dont see it being either mai (unless she cleans up her english) or poo.
Still a good start for Mai

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I feel like the next Priyanka Chopra from Thailand could be Lisa from BP.
i agree with you but tbh i wouldnt count lisa. Kpop has wayyyyy more international recognition than lakorns and being a thai model so i feel like the comparison wouldnt be the same if Mai or Poo made it big in the international market. Lisa already is veryyy famous though. The girl already has 8.1 million followers on IG in less than 4 months and im soooo happy for her! Im a big blink btw

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Ummm trying to stay hopeful that all three, Mai, Yaya and Poo gets to model internationally... i think all three will fare well on runways hahahahaha :p

I think Mai looks the most promising on the runway.. she is tallest, and actually has runway factor. Yaya seems shy away from real runway walks now... but she could still try... same goes to Poo!!

~~

But true Mai needs to clean up her English~~ you don’t post “wakeing up” on ig story with such an obvious grammar/spelling error lol nooooo!!!!!!

kpopwarehouse

purple hibiscus
other runway models are trying to go into acting so they can get stability while actresses from thailand are trying to be runway models. i just cant understand it lol. i wish they were more ambitious than that. thats my 2 cents. acting is way more prestigious and respected internationally than modeling but to each his own.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
other runway models are trying to go into acting so they can get stability while actresses from thailand are trying to be runway models. i just cant understand it lol. i wish they were more ambitious than that. thats my 2 cents. acting is way more prestigious and respected internationally than modeling but to each his own.
mai seems to like modeling more than acting so i can see why she would rather model than act and tbh i dont blame her cause the lakorn world is so basic. There are barely any scripts with new fresh ideas. Everything is so recycled and boring sometimes. Plus mai modeling in other countries will get her recognized by some important people in the western world. all she needs to do is clean up her english and shes good to go. She has that look that fashion designers and the western audience loves! Best of both world

kpopwarehouse

purple hibiscus
mai seems to like modeling more than acting so i can see why she would rather model than act and tbh i dont blame her cause the lakorn world is so basic. There are barely any scripts with new fresh ideas. Everything is so recycled and boring sometimes. Plus mai modeling in other countries will get her recognized by some important people in the western world. all she needs to do is clean up her english and shes good to go. She has that look that fashion designers and the western audience loves! Best of both world
i guess we will all see how it goes right?

kpopwarehouse

purple hibiscus
chompoo signed patricia, taew and mint into that her KO leaders stuff but has yet to send them to any type of major international fashion event so they can network especially patricia who is young, pretty and very fluent in english.. meanwhile mai who is a freelance is doing major gigs without the help of any agency. i really thought them signing to that agency will sky rocket them internationally like chompoo and get them more big brand gigs but chompoo has yet to wow me instead she is the one who rips majority of the benefits from L'officielthailand.
taew, mint and pat need to be utilized.

Last edited:

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I'm just happy for Mai that she got to do what she dreamt of doing, what most girls with love for modeling wishes for and that is to walk the runway of Milan Fashion week. So what if she wasn't the first Thai girl to be walk. So what if she didn't get super famous from it or that she didn't get contracts to be an international super model. Being an international model is super tough, it doesn't take just hard work alone but other stuff such as luck, height, specific body structures and ect that are hard to find in Asian girls. I'm sure she's super happy to have just been invited. I wish Mai, Poo, and Yaya luck.