❤️ Various ET News

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Ice and Jaylarr’s song and dance is catchy and cute. Margie husband’s song, “Wip” is annoying.
Hahahaha agree... he's releasing a kids mv ver or something.... but the swearing is so inappropriate for kids.
I used to enjoy their on the run stuff but its getting boring now.

Ch7 hands down has the best action lakorns.

If lakorns can decrease the amount of screeching n'rai, maybe it would be tolerable to watch. The n'rai characters these days seem to not have depth. They're just petty, greedy and money hungry. Not the most exciting thing to watch. Paired with a p'ek that doesn't know how to say, stop.

It's just harder to sit through and find a good plot with intriguing characters.
But the villains makes the drama more interesting to watch like sometimes you just want to smash the screen because they are too cruel and mean.but it also depends on the storyline and as long as everything makes sense.because there are side characters who looks naive and innocent but they have a hidden agenda and it makes my heart boil.But I do love smart and strong female leads.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Hahahaha agree... he's releasing a kids mv ver or something.... but the swearing is so inappropriate for kids.
I used to enjoy their on the run stuff but its getting boring now.
That swearing is throwing the song off. It’s trying too hard. Lol

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I never heard that song (how to love). I accidentally saw the paris collab by accident on IG .....

It's an easy listen....a lite fluffy thing....that is kind of catchy and fun....don't make you think too much....commercialize.....it is actually about Nescafe coffee

It is in it's simplicity that ppl like it....paired with a fun lil dance ....

Like baby shark hahahaha doo doo doo

http://instagr.am/p/B4GzttfJPo9/
I'm sick of doo...doo...I hate sharks now....
Tries to change the ch and the baby cries.
Fine, you can watch this for the rest of your life hahaha

I hated this song when I 1st saw it. (I work with kids)....it has since then got stuck in my head and is my jam...along with 5 ducks hahaha
That sharks song is fun to dance with the kids. I play that to keep my niece and nephew entertained, but after a few times, I’m like done, no more. Lol
Some of these popular music videos has product placements. Lol

spanky

sarNie OldFart
That sharks song is fun to dance with the kids. I play that to keep my niece and nephew entertained, but after a few times, I’m like done, no more. Lol
Some of these popular music videos has product placements. Lol

This is a Nescafe long MV.....but they did it in a cheeky way....at the end it is clearly a CM but it was done in such a cute way...

Baby Shark is my new Jam! Hahahaha....

I heard these and hated them all but after a bit it becomes my jam.....hahaha.....to the point that I like it more than the kids do

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
But the villains makes the drama more interesting to watch like sometimes you just want to smash the screen because they are too cruel and mean.but it also depends on the storyline and as long as everything makes sense.because there are side characters who looks naive and innocent but they have a hidden agenda and it makes my heart boil.But I do love smart and strong female leads.

A villian can propel and be a plot device.....it can be done in a fun way and not the annoying constant screaming and yelling....back...n forth...repeat

In Nirvana in Fire....I didn't hate any of the villain.....they all tried to play each other ....but pk is smarter

There is a few lakorn that is like that....

Kuhn ronapee...the nrai is annoying but none of her schemes really fulky worked. It still propel the story w/o too much ffw because it wasn't the whole plot

Pradriwada- Nrai scheme and tried....but again is unsuccessful....

In both instants nk did not have to slap them....they retort in a classy manner

rae

sarNie Adult
When it's done right, the villain can be just as an intriguing character as the protagonists, but at the very least, can they not be cut out from the same cardboard where they're shrill and scream like a banshee all the time. It's especially infuriating when we get the really dumb and sloppy antagonists because it always takes forever for their schemes to get discovered and the protagonists gets fooled for the majority of the show. It's like, what does that say about the leads? :confused0:

pikachu

sarNie Egg
I feel like with lakorns either the villains is stupid, annoying and senseless or I find myself rooting for them because the protagonist is the one I find stupid, annoying and senseless. Sometimes there’s a middle ground but usually not.

Lately whenever I watch lakorns (honestly, dramas in general from other countries too) I find myself rooting for the “villain”. I think it’s because so often, especially in Asian dramas there’s no grey area. It’s so black and white. This character is evil, the other good, etc. And it’s expected that viewers see everything the main character does as “good” no matter how, rude, selfish and unreasonable they are. The same is true for the “evil” character. They’re evil no matter what.

To be honest a “spunky and sassy” aka a rude and judgmental protagonist that always thinks they’re right or worse, a “nice and innocent” aka doormat and prudish protagonist that accepts everything handed to them to the point of insanity turn me off a lakorn faster than even the most annoying villains.

9/10 when I stop watching a drama it’s because of the protagonist not the villain. It’s actually why I don’t watch daily Korean dramas with 100+ episodes. The main charchater is always the ultimate gullible doormat. It’s so annoying and unrealistic.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I feel like with lakorns either the villains is stupid, annoying and senseless or I find myself rooting for them because the protagonist is the one I find stupid, annoying and senseless. Sometimes there’s a middle ground but usually not.

Lately whenever I watch lakorns (honestly, dramas in general from other countries too) I find myself rooting for the “villain”. I think it’s because so often, especially in Asian dramas there’s no grey area. It’s so black and white. This character is evil, the other good, etc. And it’s expected that viewers see everything the main character does as “good” no matter how, rude, selfish and unreasonable they are. The same is true for the “evil” character. They’re evil no matter what.

To be honest a “spunky and sassy” aka a rude and judgmental protagonist that always thinks they’re right or worse, a “nice and innocent” aka doormat and prudish protagonist that accepts everything handed to them to the point of insanity turn me off a lakorn faster than even the most annoying villains.

9/10 when I stop watching a drama it’s because of the protagonist not the villain. It’s actually why I don’t watch daily Korean dramas with 100+ episodes. The main charchater is always the ultimate gullible doormat. It’s so annoying and unrealistic.
Oh ya... I'm not a fan of the daily drama

You can be a strong, intelligent character w/o being so stubborn, rude and ignorant....I am not a fan of those over confident nk that knows it all.

I like the FL of rookie historian (netflix kdrama)....she argues but also listen and take in what the other tells them and educate herself with what other people told her....she had certain things she believes and fight for but she also listen and take in other ppl perspective

Last edited:
Reactions: rae

byebye

sarNie OldFart
A villian can propel and be a plot device.....it can be done in a fun way and not the annoying constant screaming and yelling....back...n forth...repeat

In Nirvana in Fire....I didn't hate any of the villain.....they all tried to play each other ....but pk is smarter

There is a few lakorn that is like that....

Kuhn ronapee...the nrai is annoying but none of her schemes really fulky worked. It still propel the story w/o too much ffw because it wasn't the whole plot

Pradriwada- Nrai scheme and tried....but again is unsuccessful....

In both instants nk did not have to slap them....they retort in a classy manner
I like the villain or the second female lead to be reasonable enough to back off. I am watching The world owes me a first love. The second female lead didn't show up till later...but even if she does still love the ML she wasn't nasty about it. She actually loves him enough to see him happy even if it's not with her. I appreciate those kind of character. While the cdrama All out of love, the second lead girl was so frustrating to watch lol.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I like the villain or the second female lead to be reasonable enough to back off. I am watching The world owes me a first love. The second female lead didn't show up till later...but even if she does still love the ML she wasn't nasty about it. She actually loves him enough to see him happy even if it's not with her. I appreciate those kind of character. While the cdrama All out of love, the second lead girl was so frustrating to watch lol.
Agree ...in kdrama Doc. The 2nd ML is the same....he love nk enough to back off knowing she doesn't loves him. He challenges the pk in a respectful way...they actually have a lil bit of bromance. It was cute....

I'm sick of those characters that feels like someone owe them their love/feeling just because they like/love the person....

I'm also soo sick of love triangle, cheating...love pentagon plots...everyone just think they all owe them something....I like you and choose to do nice things for you...therefore you owe me your love...like WTF....

I also appreciate a PK that is firm and straight forward.... not afraid to hurt the n'rai feelings....

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
So they....ppl think

BOW M. Is the nk 1hd is talking about....her contract is done by the the middle of the year....she is not accepting any lakorn for 6 month....that is exactly the amt of time before her contract ends....

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
It'll be sad if it is actually Bow since she's one of ch7's top n'eks and they have at least been treating her right. They pair her up with all of the top ch7 p'eks. Ch7 better work hard to keep her then because they are heavily promoting her pairing with Mik which is banking big atm.

rae

sarNie Adult
If Bow is just waiting out till her contract ends, then she's already made her decision a while back. I wonder why she wants to leave, since she's not lacking in opportunities at ch7, she's heavily promoted there. It will be different if she goes freelance.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Ch7 don't really do the koo jin. Mik and her are diff. Dating and he the latest interview he said they are more than friend but it not announcing/labeling it as bf/gf yet.

The last play of KJ didn't turn out well...
Out of all the rumored girls...she's the only one who is up for a renewal and is not accepting any lakorn....she said she is filming a movie....

The other girls would have to break the contract...

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
If Bow is just waiting out till her contract ends, then she's already made her decision a while back. I wonder why she wants to leave, since she's not lacking in opportunities at ch7, she's heavily promoted there. It will be different if she goes freelance.
We can say that about pooklook and new who also left.....even kwan...

I rem. BOW was asked about leaving not long ago....or was rumored to leave....

We will see who they announce as nk by mid year....lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
So I went to check out that Wip Wup song and that shit is annoying af but then realized that it was not the original. Namcha cover sucks. So I went back to find the original and the song isn't too shabby, it's bland though.

As for Bow, she would do fine either going freelance or sticking with Ch7. She has the acting chops, just wished she could get a good script from beginning to end. I don't think I liked any of her lakorn... I just like her.

Nang rai and pra rai are just 2D in 99% of all lakorn. And when they overshadow the nang ek, it gets too crazy (not in a good way). No character development. Plus side characters should be important to the story too. I love nang ek gay friends but sometimes I think they serve no purpose to the plot. An example would be Crash Landing on You (sorry couldn't come up with a lakorn so I'm gonna use a kdrama) The side characters and evil villains all serve a purpose and were all likeable.