❤️]ONE31] To Sir, With Love (The One Enterprise): Film Thanapat / Tang Saksit / Pock Piyathida / Pei Panward / Tongtong Kitsakorn / Camilla Kitivat

sarNie Adult
^ Agree. It's actually pretty good so far. Really like how the two brothers stick up for each other despite their moms wanting their son to lead the guild, when neither of them really care to. They'd both be great leaders in their own ways.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
For some reason I thought Film and Tongtong was pairing up lol. I too like their relationship as non-rival brothers. So glad they didn't devote multiple epis to the older gen and just got down to the story.

I've never seen the guy who plays Jiu but like him so far and that this seems to be a more mature BL story vs the ones GMM has done in the past or Ch3 . Not talking about the actors but the overall vibe of the story and the characters.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ Jiu is played by Jam Rachata, a newbie One31 actor. He was supposedly launched in a period sitcom last year with Bint Sireethorn, but it got cancelled after a few episodes. He last appeared in "The Love Proposal" as Yingying's character's paramour.

fallenangel12345

sarNie Hatchling
Why is Pei Panward always overacting? No doubts about her skills but it seemed that she len yai all the time, even when she is not supposed to. How did the director allow this? It is seriously annoying.

fallenangel12345

sarNie Hatchling
Thank god they are subbing their own lakorns. This is how you market your products to overseas audiences. When will the executives at Channel 3 and 7 take note, instead of reporting subbed lakorns by fansubbing sites?

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I was never into gmm BL....seen BL movies....just not interested overall but not oppose to it.

I didn't know this is airing.....will be watching

But I like this type of mature storyline...also....period drama....that extra fight for what they desires

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I really love the brothers relationship and how Yang always take the blame when the dad starts going at Tian. But I don't like all the black magic nonsense which seems to be One31 specialty. There's enough of a story there with the power struggle that they can just have normal scheming/power games against one another? Black magic is such a cheap non-creative and lazy way to make something happen in the story.

I agree with all the overacting in the older gen. with Pei being the worst offender of the bunch. Maybe that's why Jiu's strong silent character is such a standout among all the telenovella wannabees? He's got so much charisma and doesn't even need to say anything for the audience to know exactly what Jiu is feeling/thinking.

fallenangel12345

sarNie Hatchling
^Same, I thought like that too. However, when I look back at the clips with Tangmo (R.I.P) acting as Mae Jan, I have come to the understanding that this role must be extra extra lol. Even Tangmo had to overact in those scenes as well. So I think Pei had toned down her acting quite a bit, especially when you compare her performance in Khun Chai with hers in Wan Wassana.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I just knew they were going to have the mom die as an easy way out to redeem her. But it did warm my little cynical heart a bit with the end scene where they're all one big happy family. Overall, Yang and Jiu were my favorite characters.

With the success of this, is One31 going to go all in with BL now like GMM, just not as focused on the young crowd?

fallenangel12345

sarNie Hatchling
^Not really, since One31 is a big channel their BL storyline will have to be more subtle, sophisicated and appropriate to the wider audience. This does not only mean no 18+ scenes, no puppy loves but also it would take a lot more time to write a decent script (some folks said that this lakorn script was prepared for 10 years before shooting took place). Moreover, although trending internationally, this lakorn's TV ratings were considered a flop for the channel's standard, considering the success of Wanthong and Only You I Need. This shows that many Thai people are still very conservative about homosexuals. Therefore I highly believe that One31 will still prefer storylines about straight couples, especially those dealing with cheating and fidelity. Still, I have high hopes that the 6th installment of the series would be another BL lakorn

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
It was beating or get the same ratings as Lai Kinnaree on Ch3 no? I think that's pretty much average for One31 comparing just with the same year dramas. Wanthong and Only You are hits that don't come around every year. I think it's a success based on the fact that they're getting average ratings on primetime tv for a BL.

But you're right One31 will still keep putting out cheating stories and to be fair to them and other channels, if it's still popular with Thai audiences they have no reason not to.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I just knew they were going to have the mom die as an easy way out to redeem her. But it did warm my little cynical heart a bit with the end scene where they're all one big happy family. Overall, Yang and Jiu were my favorite characters.

With the success of this, is One31 going to go all in with BL now like GMM, just not as focused on the young crowd?
OneHD ans GMM are affiliated with each other.

OneHD had mini series of gay content....but GMMtv mostly produce BL. Target to gen Z.( Fangirls.)

While oneHD targets is for older audiences with some progression