❤️[ONE31] Club Friday the Series 12 (Change2561): Various actors

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
These Club Friday series are a headache to watch. They need to make something more fun. I know it’s from real life stories, but damn, their lives are a mess.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
These are soo extreme....some of it is ok ...but some are soo ridiculous...

The 1st one ....to me is soo stupid.

My husband is sleeping with his bf...obviously in the closet. I will seek revenge by sleeping with a girl...

Wtf ....huh?!

I have seen some of the less extreme story and enjoyed it .... I'm all for complex human nature/interactions but this is too nam nao

sarNie Adult
Kinda feels like the typical fictional lakorns after a while, just with a sad ending.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Club Friday used to be fun to watch and the stories are varied. now all the stories has one common theme —> cheating. Boring boring. :aloofandbored:
Truth....they are all just trash of a human being

I felt before they mix it up with cheating and some more lax love....

People cheat but what they are doing to me tasteless. The one with oil, cris and rotmay....that was cheating but they didn't go cray cray like now and you are left with a lesson to think about.....it had a better impact.....now they do the same storyline but it has to be crazier to keep it "fresh" so to speak

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ Unfortunately, infidelity sells apparently. Here in the Philippines, we have at least one huge infidelity-themed drama each year this that trends on social media mostly because of confrontation scenes between the legal wife and the mistress(es) - ranging from the theatric to the cartoonish.

sarNie Adult
now they do the same storyline but it has to be crazier to keep it "fresh" so to speak
The views are significantly down for their new story. Hopefully, they go into the meeting room and realize people are sick of variations of the cheating storyline. But goddamn, the marketing spam on their Facebook is ridiculous. You can't even read relevant comments about the stories anymore.

I recently watched the one with Lee & Buachompoo. From the trailer, it seem trash with 1 guy and daughter/mom. I caught highlights of it towards the end and gave it a shot. It's actually quite innocent than their usual. I think you can tell whether their story will be trashy by the actors in it. They're not going to put A List actors who are still relevant in trashy storylines. Lee isn't a top praeg, but he is still one.

By now though, people associate Club Friday with trash and sad endings, so people may be less willing to give stories a shot now. You kinda don't get anything from it but bad feelings.

The Legal Wife: The Rage. HAHAHAHA I'm dying.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
The views are significantly down for their new story. Hopefully, they go into the meeting room and realize people are sick of variations of the cheating storyline. But goddamn, the marketing spam on their Facebook is ridiculous. You can't even read relevant comments about the stories anymore.

I recently watched the one with Lee & Buachompoo. From the trailer, it seem trash with 1 guy and daughter/mom. I caught highlights of it towards the end and gave it a shot. It's actually quite innocent than their usual. I think you can tell whether their story will be trashy by the actors in it. They're not going to put A List actors who are still relevant in trashy storylines. Lee isn't a top praeg, but he is still one.

By now though, people associate Club Friday with trash and sad endings, so people may be less willing to give stories a shot now. You kinda don't get anything from it but bad feelings.

Yup..... I'm all for a more "realistic " story....but not all of it is all a bad tragedy with ppl being fucking assholes to each other.

The 1 with Amy and tye wasn't bad....there was cheating but not between the leads.

I misspoke.....it is not "fresh" but they need to make it more extreme to TOP the others.....life is tough already....I don't need trashy nam nao.....thank god these series are short....

The previous series at least have a variety.....the friendship to love through time...ect...

sarNie Adult
I watched a bit of the Amy/Tye one. I was so disgusted with what the sister and her boyfriend did. Like I can understand the dumbass guy, but girl, that's your sister. WTF. I just tuned out after that.

This may be what gets attention in Thailand unfortunately. Love Songs Love Stories were all about variation and stories that made you feel good, and that's no more while... Club Friday is still kicking. They stopped doing their "To Be Continued" stories and "Celeb Stories" never made it past the first season. The Club Friday Series may be at the end of their rope now with the engagement on social media on its death bed.

I feel like things began to go downhill with the series around Season 8 with Num banging his wife, coworker and adopted daughter WTF. The wife adopted the girl FOR that purpose. They gave that shit 8 episodes. Now that's what Club Friday has become. Just variations of that mess.

I like when creatives try something new and don't stick to the same formula. But with Club Friday, I think it's time they go back to their roots and begin choosing the kind of stories people fell in love with them for. They can't keep putting out either disgusting or severely depressing (girl who got AIDS after being raped and her grandma dying anyone? OMG) and expect people to keep tuning in.

Sorry for the rant. I've been watching Club Friday since Season 1, and I'm upset at what it's become.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I watched a bit of the Amy/Tye one. I was so disgusted with what the sister and her boyfriend did. Like I can understand the dumbass guy, but girl, that's your sister. WTF. I just tuned out after that.

This may be what gets attention in Thailand unfortunately. Love Songs Love Stories were all about variation and stories that made you feel good, and that's no more while... Club Friday is still kicking. They stopped doing their "To Be Continued" stories and "Celeb Stories" never made it past the first season. The Club Friday Series may be at the end of their rope now with the engagement on social media on its death bed.

I feel like things began to go downhill with the series around Season 8 with Num banging his wife, coworker and adopted daughter WTF. The wife adopted the girl FOR that purpose. They gave that shit 8 episodes. Now that's what Club Friday has become. Just variations of that mess.

I like when creatives try something new and don't stick to the same formula. But with Club Friday, I think it's time they go back to their roots and begin choosing the kind of stories people fell in love with them for. They can't keep putting out either disgusting or severely depressing (girl who got AIDS after being raped and her grandma dying anyone? OMG) and expect people to keep tuning in.

Sorry for the rant. I've been watching Club Friday since Season 1, and I'm upset at what it's become.
I dont fully follow it....but I watched some selected stories.....but ya that story was ridiculous....and now this new 1 isn't a big different. I'm a closet gay and my BF is always there.... I'm revenge on you by sleeping with a girl and then we are all going to destroy each other....-.-"

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
There's actually another confrontation scene between Monica (Angel Locsin) and Nicole (Maja Salvador) that got the same amount of YouTube views (7.6 million). Back story is that they're best friends and Monica is married to Adrian (Jericho Rosales), but Nicole fell for her best friend's husband because personal self-esteem issues. And what's sick is that Monica's step father (Her mother also had an infidelity moment in the past and her biological dad thought that she was a product of that infidelity that's why Monica had this yearning for a complete family and acceptance) happened to be Nicole's long-lost birth father.

My goodness, we had to deal with infinitesimal amount of variations of these plots in our dramas. Though if I were to recommend a Filipino drama (in case you decide to check out and get past the sheer amount of episodes and filler moments), I'd go with Maja Salvador's "Wildflower" (kinda reminiscent of Bee's "Kularb Satan" if you're into revenge drama) and Angel Locsin's wolf trilogy "Lobo" (She Wolf: The Last Sentinel), "Imortal" (Immortal) and "La Luna Sangre" (Blood Moon). In LLS though, Angel isn't the lead character. These 2 are amongst the best actresses we have here.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
There's actually another confrontation scene between Monica (Angel Locsin) and Nicole (Maja Salvador) that got the same amount of YouTube views (7.6 million). Back story is that they're best friends and Monica is married to Adrian (Jericho Rosales), but Nicole fell for her best friend's husband because personal self-esteem issues. And what's sick is that Monica's step father (Her mother also had an infidelity moment in the past and her biological dad thought that she was a product of that infidelity that's why Monica had this yearning for a complete family and acceptance) happened to be Nicole's long-lost birth father.

My goodness, we had to deal with infinitesimal amount of variations of these plots in our dramas. Though if I were to recommend a Filipino drama (in case you decide to check out and get past the sheer amount of episodes and filler moments), I'd go with Maja Salvador's "Wildflower" (kinda reminiscent of Bee's "Kularb Satan" if you're into revenge drama) and Angel Locsin's wolf trilogy "Lobo" (She Wolf: The Last Sentinel), "Imortal" (Immortal) and "La Luna Sangre" (Blood Moon). In LLS though, Angel isn't the lead character. These 2 are amongst the best actresses we have here.
Pinoy lakorns?

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ Yeah. We call our dramas teleserye though. =)

Anyway, I can't help but share this. Peace guys haha! We have an upcoming drama that's once again infidelity-focused, and the title is "Love Thy Woman". It's about a Chinese-Filipino family (they're kinda powerful in our society), and the patriarch basically impregnated 3 women. 2 of her daughters (from different mothers) will have their own tale of infidelity - well think of Sandra Bullock's "While You Were Sleeping".

I know there are a few Filipinos in this forum, so feel free to chime in. Haha!

Last edited: