❤️[GMMTV / Parbdee] F4 Thailand : Bright Vachirawit / Win Metawin / Dew Jirawat / Nani Hirunkit / Tu Tontawan

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid

Memynew

sarNie Egg
I only watched the Japanese version. For this version, I feel like they dialed things up a lot. The bullying is more extreme. I don't know if those guys would have stripped or sexually assaulted Gorya, but I don't remember that happening in the Japanese version. That made me really upset with Tyme because had Ren not step in, what would have happened to Gorya? Sexual assault isn't something people can easily get over. But it seems like they wanted to get the bullying over quickly within the 1st episode, since Tyme is already into Gorya.
Wait, i tho thyme doesnt want those boys to sexually harassed gorya (or almost). Thats why he said that those boys are stupid and he never told or teach them to do that and he asked there is other things to do so why not do that instead (yk, the scene in the pool) in which that boy said its the only way for gorya to give up?

sarNie Adult
By the time Tyme admitted to going too far with Gorya, it was already after the fact that she could have been stripped or sexually assaulted. He was the one who sent the photo of a watch to the guys to warn them about the deadline they had to meet or else. Not expecting them to go through any means to get it done is a cop out. What if Ren wasn't there? What would Tyme have done after those guys were to do whatever they were gonna do? Nothing. He would just rationalize how it wasn't his fault and blame it all on the guys. Tyme wasn't like this to Gorya in the Japanese version, so I feel like the Thai writers went a little too far on the violence here.

If they wanted to dial up the violence and not turn people off from Tyme, they should have had him hidden somewhere observing what the guys were doing. And as they were about to get too violent with Gorya, he was going to step in but Ren steps in first kinda deal.

Memynew

sarNie Egg
By the time Tyme admitted to going too far with Gorya, it was already after the fact that she could have been stripped or sexually assaulted. He was the one who sent the photo of a watch to the guys to warn them about the deadline they had to meet or else. Not expecting them to go through any means to get it done is a cop out. What if Ren wasn't there? What would Tyme have done after those guys were to do whatever they were gonna do? Nothing. He would just rationalize how it wasn't his fault and blame it all on the guys. Tyme wasn't like this to Gorya in the Japanese version, so I feel like the Thai writers went a little too far on the violence here.

If they wanted to dial up the violence and not turn people off from Tyme, they should have had him hidden somewhere observing what the guys were doing. And as they were about to get too violent with Gorya, he was going to step in but Ren steps in first kinda deal.
But thats the point of the series. Thyme himself said it in the first bullying scene. Everybody can do what they want. F4 just give them a chance to do that. Those guys just choose to do that because they are desperate since gorya is playing smart by hiding all day long.

In fact you can actually see by the last scene why Thyme isnt as hard to her. U are telling me Thyme just carry a cutter everywhere all the time? Why would he do that outside of the stadium too? The scene is only making people angry because we know the story of the shoes, but if you think about it that is literally the most harmless think he did and he just spare her for worst fate inside the stadium

sarNie Adult
You're really saying he has no blame in a girl being potentially assaulted? He ENABLED the assault. He's the one who ordered the guys to do whatever in order to get her expelled by his deadline when he sent the photo of the watch. The guys were so afraid of what he would do that they were going to do anything to make her leave the school.

As for the stadium, the guy pretty much orchestrated the free for all that happens there. The shoe scene was him trying to backtrack on him red-carding her and saving face at the same time.

That scene of the guys tearing at her clothes really rubbed me the wrong way. Sexual assault is one of the worse things you can do to a girl and that's what most guys trying to exert power usually resort to. The guys resorted to it while Tyme enabled it. Instead of trying to save face, I would have liked him to have shown some human decency knowing that he was wrong and at least taken her aside to genuinely apologize to her about what happened.

Memynew

sarNie Egg
You're really saying he has no blame in a girl being potentially assaulted? He ENABLED the assault. He's the one who ordered the guys to do whatever in order to get her expelled by his deadline when he sent the photo of the watch. The guys were so afraid of what he would do that they were going to do anything to make her leave the school.

As for the stadium, the guy pretty much orchestrated the free for all that happens there. The shoe scene was him trying to backtrack on him red-carding her and saving face at the same time.

That scene of the guys tearing at her clothes really rubbed me the wrong way. Sexual assault is one of the worse things you can do to a girl and that's what most guys trying to exert power usually resort to. The guys resorted to it while Tyme enabled it. Instead of trying to save face, I would have liked him to have shown some human decency knowing that he was wrong and at least taken her aside to genuinely apologize to her about what happened.
Obviously im not saying he isnt responsible in any way. I said f4 give a chance for people to do whatever the fuck they want. Which mean, not only him, but all of f4 is an enabler.

But sexually assaulting gorya clearly wasnt what thyme have in mind when he gave her the red card because he get angry when he found out those boys did that to her. And its apparent because we see what he actually did when he takes matter into his own hand.
Mj said it, he is already went too far(even for thyme standard) by even giving gorya a red card because he never do that to a girl so we honestly wouldnt know what would happen if ren isnt there to save the day.

Why would he save face? Not like he need it. Not when everyone in the school is on his side whatever it is that he did and he wants gorya out of the way. And based on the reaction, i would say the director put the last scene not to save Thyme face but for the viewer to actually really rooting for gorya

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
The attempted s*xual assault scene is in the manga AND the japanese version too. And in those versions Tsukasa/Thyme is irritated that Rui/Ren came to save her. IIRC, Tsukasa ordered them to do it. They've changed it here so that Thyme doesn't approve.

They don't include this scene for no reason. They do it to show Gorya's good feelings towards Ren growing. It isn't about Thyme. But yes, they should have done it in another way (it's 2021 for goodness sake!).

spanky

sarNie OldFart
This is why I can't stand this drama....

I hated all the version.....I know the Manga is extreme/old.....but they should have tone it down .....

I agree have him watch ...and realize...that it was too much...have it show that he was going 6o save her but the other guy got to it 1st.

There is not consequences for these bullying that destroys people's lives....I don't care if they all have some type of trauma.....it's is not ok.

I did enjoy the 2nd pairing in BOF....they gave each other growth m...I finished watching just for them and ffw the leads (toxic)

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Since the release of Meteor Garden many years ago, I always imagined Thailand would release their adaptation, I've had to wait for 20 years and I am impressed with this adaptation. HYD works for Thailand because the story is already like a Thai Lakorn. This new version is a little different with how much they are focusing on bullying and clearly Thyme had a traumatic childhood which was never really addressed in the previous versions. This version also discuss topics about the different classes. The rich can't be trusted and the wrong they do can disappear since they have the money/power but they don't always live a free life since their is pressure to keep an image. I like how they are showing F4...the dept of their stories will be revealed I hope. This F4 has the best chemistry next to Taiwan's. Tu is a very talented actress, the more you look at her, the more beautiful. I have to say, Bright is just the best Tsukasa...his energy and expressions are spot on and you can already see him show his real self.

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid

Just started the first episode and so far I'm interested. Hopefully, this and The Player will be able to keep my attention because I haven't tuned in and finished a lakorn in quite some time.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Two songs have been released so far. I like "Who am I". "Shooting Star" has an earworm chorus, but I find the verses rather jarring.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Sad this isn't airing today. Honestly, F4Thailand is the only Thai drama I am currently watching and its becoming the best produced version of Hana Yori Dango. Can't wait for more! International fans are going crazy! I see more comments and reactions from international fans then anything. Congrats to the success of this show!

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
So far, I can say that this version is honestly one of the best adaptations of BOF. While the acting may not be top tier, the way the plot is being handled is what makes it good. This version covers a lot of the plot holes the original and other versions were not able to offer/cover. They made the characters more human-like and explained to the dot as to why they all behaved they way they did and why pra'ake is the way he is. Of course the clarification doesn't justify their actions but it makes more sense. We can see why Thyme acts the way he does and so forth. And the second lead, Ren, has more of a personality in this version. He talks more, and I guess you can say that he is much bolder. The social status is more realistic in the Thai version too. Although this version is slightly different from the original/other adaptations, it still does a well-done job at making sure it follows the original plot thus far.

Too bad episode 3 didn't air this past Saturday but can't wait for the next episode.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I’ve tried to watch 3 versions of BOF previously and I feel like awkward acting is just part of BOF history at this point. :pancarta:

My favorite version of BOF is HYD S1. I think in S1 they briefly showed why Tsukasa is grew up to be how he is. F4 Thailand follows the Japanese characterizations of the characters. The Thai cast probably has the strongest visuals in a BOF cast. I’ve seen in a while. I like how a lot of thought and effort has gone into making it, and although I’m a bit tired of the story, I’ll keep watching to see how this version will play out.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Alright I have watched two episodes and I give my 1st impressions here.
For those who know me the Japanese version (2005/2007) is the best live action version of the manga. Nothing has touched it (especially not the overrated shitty Korean one). So I decided to check the Thai version one cause I have always thought HYD is basically a japanese lakorn. Thus I wanted to see how the actual lakorn version would turn out and also I will compare it to the Japanese serie a lot.
Okay firstable the good things:
The way the drama is shot fits what youth are going through and our today's world and what is trendy now (girls showing in the lakorn in bikinis/body exposed : the instagram models influence). Indeed the political-correctness discourse is much stronger than in the previous ones. One can see that in the words that the FL shouts when she lashes out at the rooftop or when the other F4s tell the ML he is going too far and advise him to stop. Which I like. And the fact the ML listens to them without blowing their faces make him more tamed than Matsujun's DOMYOJI Tsukasa (who follows more the complete inhumanity of the manga character so Sojiro or Akira would have never told him to stop). This is very a gmm drama with that "real" and down-to-earth vibe about it. Therefore the drama has its own flavour. The Japanese version was 16 years ago during the times we had dramas like a Long Love Letter, Gokusen, Hana Kimi etc... so it had that eerie of the tail end of the golden age of Jdramas (90's-early 00's) that pulled me into another univers making me forget about reality a bit (which was not bad as well).

The female lead : lord she is so pretty ! She got that type of beauty that reminds me of Aom Phiyada in her prime or Benz Nuttida look before she started bleaching so losing her authenticity she had in her 1st lakorn. That authentic full Thai beauty ch3 greatly lacks among their daras. But her acting is not bad actually. Inoue Mao remains my girl crush and I remember being in lurve with her Makino Tsukushi so much ! And I tried the other versions and never got into the other actresses playing the FL in those not even Shen Yue (she is not a bad actress but I don't know can never get into her. Sth iircs me the wrong way about Shen Yue). This girl here I could get into her and her acting is right for a newbie. Her facial expressions, her emotional scene after the attempted rape, the way she says her lines are not bad at all. She is good actually and I like her ! I love that they picked her as the female lead. She is a very pretty thai girl but in a girl-next-door way. So I think other Thai girls who are not mixed but are bombarded with Leuk kreung/western type of beauties by media can relate to her.

The male lead : bright look is perfect as Domyoji for this lakorn. He got that rebellious spoiled bad teenage boy to the T. And there is something sultry about him. I wish his acting was better cause sometimes it feels like he is about to laugh? I can't help compare him to Matsujun who had better control of his emotions as an actor back in the day at the same age (he was 22 when drama aired). Still it does not ruin the character for me cause I buy his portrayal here overall (on the contrary I found Lee Min ho and Jerry Yan acting completely mediocre especially the former who is til date a tryhard). He and the FL got chemistry. Sth the japanese counterparts had and I can feel it in this version already. I don't think actingwise he will beat Matsujun tho but he may end up my second fav. His reaction after the kiss ! AAAAAHHHHH
The chemistry between SML and FL : Sorry but in this version it completely beats the Japanese's one. I never thought Rui and Makino had chemistry. Never. But in this version they have more. I can understand SLS here but never done it for the Jdrama. Oguri Shun and Inoue Mao felt more like bro and sis for me.

FL's friend feels more implicated in the FL struggle vs the boys. I love that she attend the F4 party and can witness what her friend is going through and is vocal about it to tell off one of the F4s thus making their meeting smooth and deeper. Always thought the treatment of Soujiro and Makino's friend relashionship could have been better in the jdrama to add more oomph to the drama but they kept things subtle and the end it went nowhere (kdrama was too tryhard to sell it imo). In this lakorn the meeting has a deeper vibe to it (what the other versions lack). Which is good.

The bad things :

Second male lead acting : sure this Thai Wang Yi Bo has got chemistry with FL but actingwise sorry but he is so below Oguri Shun. I never got the impression Oguri was reading his lines but with this one here hell to the yes ! It is so obvious to me this guy is green ! He got nice smile. Girls can swoon about him for his look (his nose looks fake tho) but his acting is bad so far.

Some weak key scenes that make HYD :
The makeover scene I liked it better in the japanese version cause it had that eerie feels I talked about earlier. It felt magic ? Jdrama was released in a time when Harry Potter influence was mad (the use of the HP music matched the drama univers). Therefore the makeover scene felt more like a magician doing his work and grabbing my attention. And when she wakes up one can see Domyoji admiring her ? I wished the Thai version did sth like that. Then I felt nothing when she kicked him. In HYD when she punched him it was like a revelation. Even today when I rewatch this scene I still lose my sh.t. This is like a "delivrance". I did not feel it here cause of the way the kick was shot in this version. It was weak. Another cause also would be how Domyoji in the jdrama was so inhuman but insanely rich he was untouchable by ANYONE in that school. On the contrary in this version, cause they made it fit today's narrative the Male got punched by another student that is obviously below him at school and is not afraid to approach him (NOBODY would have dared that on Domyoji at Eitoku. No way in hell ). Therefore it does not make the FL's kick standout for me. The FL family scenes feel annoying to me in the lakorn. I see myself fastfowarding them. While I absolutely found them so adorable in the Jdrama and pulled me into their univers. It is cause lakorns are not as good as Jdramas at doing the cartoon or anime-acting. And matter of fact no version has done the "Makino-family-craziness" as good as HYD 2005/2007. Last but not the least the way the kiss scene happened was... lord I was cringing. But at the same time I can understand cause how can we explain that they landed on their lips while falling down ? XD Even in the jdrama they passed on that part to only show us the result (cause it is so ridiculous and hard to shoot). Lol

The female outfits : I think the outfits are not so good. A lot of them look cheap. Here again I compare it to the Jdramas. And sorry but even the drama made 16 years ago had better outfits. This is the thing with classic fashion vs trendy one. The former never loses appeal. The makeover dresses of FL in the lakorn look cheap while in the jdrama they look expensive. Even I did not like the dress Mira was wearing during the party. They should have asked for ch3 stylists advices.

Anyway so far this is my thoughts on the lakorn. I am hooked and I can't wait for the 3rd episode :) . I want to see more of that Bright guy

Last edited:

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I’ve tried to watch 3 versions of BOF previously and I feel like awkward acting is just part of BOF history at this point. :pancarta:

My favorite version of BOF is HYD S1. I think in S1 they briefly showed why Tsukasa is grew up to be how he is. F4 Thailand follows the Japanese characterizations of the characters. The Thai cast probably has the strongest visuals in a BOF cast. I’ve seen in a while. I like how a lot of thought and effort has gone into making it, and although I’m a bit tired of the story, I’ll keep watching to see how this version will play out.
You said it. It follows more the jdrama than the other versions. Must be a reason why I got hooked on it. Sometimes Bright's eyes remind me of what I felt when I was looking at Matsujun's.
About Domyoji's upbringing I feel his household in the jdrama feels much colder and his mother feels much more icy and impitoyable than in the lakorn. It feels more like a royal family during medieval time making Domyoji and Kaede more unapproachable. Domyoji Tsukasa would have never played in a Rugby nor a basketball team with commoners. Kabhie nein. So making the "Mighty Domyoji" plays in a sport team is just out of character.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
I just finished episode 3 and again, this episode is impressing beyond expectations! Thailand has turned HYD into their own by adding so many good elements of their own. I am so happy this drama is following the Japanese version because that version is by far the best because the main leads have amazing chemistry. I admit, everyone in the cast is doing amazing! I have no complaints about the acting. My favorite scene in episode 3 was the scene in the bus. Its very detailed and show how different Gorya and Thyme are in status. Beautifully executed by both actors. I like how there are real issues Thyme is facing like his relationship with his mom and family business, forcing him to think about his future as the next heir. Gorya is such a strong woman, her scenes are filled with unforgettable dialogues, example is her scene with Ren when she confronts him. Ren is very impressive as well, the paper airplane scene was nicely done. Although you cannot compare Dew to Oguri Shun's acting, you can't help admit Dew is being the Ren he created on his own for Thailand and I appreciate this. Can't wait for Saturday!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
It is crazy how most have seen all previous version but still watch the new version when it comes out. This is the only lakorn I am kind of following at the moment. Initially, I wanted to watch it just to see how it goes because every version has their own little take on it. So far, it's pretty good.

I like Gorya, she has that unassuming appeal to her. She's such a pretty girl. I hope later on she doesn't change her looks as there's nothing wrong with it. Her lips alone can have its own lakorn. She has a very plumb noticeable lips that many n'eks these days are aiming for with fillers and such.

Thyme, you can see his character development even in the 3 episodes. I absolutely like the relationship between him and his sister. It's quite endearing because she makes it come across even if the world falls apart I have your back. Between Thyme, Tia and their momma, they belong in a fashion magazine. One fabulous visual in a family is way too much lol.

Ren to me at this point is probably the weakest of the characters I am focusing on. The actor tried to have this mystery about him. But I see it as more stiff and concentrated. It felt like he has a tunnel vision in playing the role. Hopefully, when he is back in the picture he'll be more relax.

Bright...he needs to just stop the 'I am about to laugh' at everything and he would be perfect. I find myself wanting to laugh even at his serious scenes because he himself looks like he's about to burst out laughing. He does tries to hide it but if one look closely his smile is always there. But overall, this version is quite good. The direction, the story telling and the little details that goes unnoticed by the director/writer and those involved makes it their own without changing the drama.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
OMG !!! BRIGHT/THYME IS SO FUNNY AND LOVELY !!! I had a huge grin on my face in ep 3 and I laughed so much ! I like how the 2 other F4 are such a tease as well ! This lakorn is definitly following the jdrama version. I feel the director is a fan of it. Bright performance has become my 2nd favorite after Matsujun. When he made the announcement asking Gorya out I laughed as much as I did while watching that scene in the Japanese version (Domyoji walking around the table and Hammingye XD). Bright is so funny in that scene ! The girl acting is as gorgeous as Mai. And miss univers Thailand 2017 is doing a fine job actually in her small role ! And lord that purple outfit highlighted her great body. Everyone in the chat section was like "who is she ? She is gorgeous !". I can't wait for episode 4 !

Last edited: