❤️[Ch7] Marn Bang Jai : Weir Sukollawat / Mookda Narinrak

Moona

sarNie Hatchling
I think it's going to be 15 episodes like all the other lakorn. Its slot is primetime M/T. Neko has it listed as 15 with even space up to 18. Maybe MyDramaList put 10 because the old version is 11 and they are going off based on that.
Yes, I saw Neko listing possibilities of more ep.. but MyDramaList was even specific about the end dates. too bad, i can't verify the TV programme schedule to see if another new lakorn is also scheduled to take over the slot.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Does anyone know if Mummai is a good production team?
I see a whole bunch of dramas with Weir on their Instagram. I've only seen like one of Weir's drama and not even really fully. All I know of him is that he's super popular in Thailand and that he and Bella have been dating for about 7 years now. I'm sure this drama will do well because I've heard everything starring Weir does good to really well.
For me personally it's an okay company. It's actually a branch of Kantana, you can pretty much consider it the same company. Mummai made some pretty big hits like Pin Anong, which was huge when it aired in Thailand. I find that they tend to make lakorns that go around in circles and/or become nonsense. I find that Pin Anong and Lah Ruk Sut Korb Fah to be Mummai's best work, everything else is meh. Weir likes working with Mummai/Kantana and Mummai/Kantana like hiring him constantly.

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
i see from MyDramaList that this lakorn has only 10 episodes though, unlike the older version. Does anyone know for sure? If so, we can't wait till ep 6 or 7 for them to get married.

i agree that there is very little info about this lakorn available to the non-thai fans. i keep repeating the MV & teasers ;)

they just posted new trailer for ep 4, by the way.. available on IG..

because eng translation is very lacking for this lakorn, the translated ep on neko is too long to wait for :p
Yeah, I don't think the numbers of episodes are confirmed yet? I'm also thinking at least 15 episodes. Let's hope so! 10/11 episodes are too short. Compared to the old version, they added more scenes and storylines to this part so I'm thinking they're looking to extend more than 10 episodes. But who knows. Guess we'll wait and see. I also repeat the mv and teasers like crazy haha.
& Yeah! Just saw the new teaser for next episode and it still didn't show much, haha. Pretty much the same clips as already shown. Ch7 tends to be pretty secretive I think. It's good and bad. Good because we get more surprises but bad cause i wanna be spoiled!
http://instagr.am/p/CA_4dpgADzD/
With Mummai, I think they're pretty decent. I also enjoyed Sampatan Hua Jai and Morrasoom Sawaat from them which I think were also successes when they aired.

Last edited:

kaciele

sarNie Hatchling
Yes, I saw Neko listing possibilities of more ep.. but MyDramaList was even specific about the end dates. too bad, i can't verify the TV programme schedule to see if another new lakorn is also scheduled to take over the slot.
hmmm who to rely on? Neko is good. MyDramaList is a site with fan contributions. I think I'll choose to go with Neko's info. It's more optimistic. MDL is great but sometimes it is lacking because all the information is updated by fans. Anybody can edit and add as long as they have an account.

kaciele

sarNie Hatchling
For me personally it's an okay company. It's actually a branch of Kantana, you can pretty much consider it the same company. Mummai made some pretty big hits like Pin Anong, which was huge when it aired in Thailand. I find that they tend to make lakorns that go around in circles and/or become nonsense. I find that Pin Anong and Lah Ruk Sut Korb Fah to be Mummai's best work, everything else is meh. Weir likes working with Mummai/Kantana and Mummai/Kantana like hiring him constantly.
It's so interesting learning about lakorn production teams. I watched lakorn for the last 2 years and basically watch whatever interested me. It's only during quarantine that I've kinda delved deeper into the world of lakorns and the making of it. Never knew production teams are exclusive to a channel. I mean you barely hear anything about Korean dramas production team and Chinese production teams are not tied to anybody. There are pros and cons to lakorn but there's pros/cons to everything. Media is so unique to each country. It's very interesting.

Ntsuab-Ci

Ratings for episode 2 & 3. They fell back a bit but went back up a bit! From what I've been reading, it seems like some thought the funeral scene was too long? But now, a lot are saying that episode 3 was fun so they'll be looking forward for more. For me personally, I had fun since episode 1 lol. I really like the pace they're going so far. As much as I'm waiting for their marriage life, I'm liking how they're not just jumping right in with their marriage. Get to see a bit of trust building between the two before doing so. yayay. Can't wait till next week already!
http://instagr.am/p/CA7cCa8A51r/ http://instagr.am/p/CBAOrVng1tC/

Moona

sarNie Hatchling
I wish I have not started on this drama :) and waited till more Eng sub episodes are available. It feels like a long wait especially when you don’t get a lot of details (especially English ones) of the lakorn. (I m relatively new to Thai drama).

oh, and I think the little girl is very pretty.

Moona

sarNie Hatchling
by the way, can anyone recommend any Weir lakorn to watch? this is my first lakorn of him. preferably, if you can also include one where it is not a weir + thisa pairing :) thanks!

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
by the way, can anyone recommend any Weir lakorn to watch? this is my first lakorn of him. preferably, if you can also include one where it is not a weir + thisa pairing :) thanks!
Morasoom Sawat is one of my favorites of his. Also, his older lakorn with Min and Mai. The first Weir lakorn I watched was PraJan Lai Payak with Aum and Yui (ch3 is remaking this, it was also my first Om lakorn).

Last edited:

Spicyegg

lost in lakorn world
try his lakorn with Min Pechaya, I always love their chemistry. I think they have 3 lakorn together.

kaciele

sarNie Hatchling
Might wait until the lakorn is finished due to work. Hoping this does well in ratings!
Same here! I typically binge because sometimes having to wait means I forget or lose interest. I'll follow along and watch some of the clips but will refrain from watching the episodes till the end..maybe...

Ntsuab-Ci

awe, this episode was pretty cute. Lada and Than are finally having a normal, peaceful conversation. I was waiting for Than to beat that perv up but of course! Lada had it all under control, haha. I shouldn't had worried about her.
Okay, that greedy stepmom has been annoying me but looks like we finally agree on something. Even though her actions are still towards money, at least now she's trynna set Lada up with Than and Soun with Tai, lmao. Her reactions were pretty funny this episode. Our reactions were the same when it came to the two couples! LOL. Especially Lada and Than. She spent the whole episode trynna get her two daughters alone with the two brothers. I only now hopes she keeps it up. & now with Mon in the picture, she's being nasty with her lool. honestly, im looking forward to the interactions with those two. Stepmom and Mon.
Than seeing Lada and Lukkaew together makes him SO HAPPY. That's the cutest thing ever. i love how their love development is going so far. like it's not obvious and is pretty subtle but I realized that Than is treating Lada a little different now. Before, he was always polite and patient and it seemed like he really did just want to take care of her as a responsibility as promised, but now he's teasing her like someone would to their crush (jogging at the beach) and even felt like he had to explain to Lada about what happened with him and Mon so she doesn't misunderstand (through his daughter). hehe. clearly, he wants to show her that him and Mon are nothing to each other and that he's still available (for her ;)) Just accept it Khun Than! I wish he could see how happy he looks when he sees Lada and Lukkaew in the same frame. & Lada seems to have become interested in him as well. Smiling when she heard that he did mouth to mouth on her.
Btw, Than/Weir looked handsome without his glasses for a bit haha. When he's not wearing glasses, he totally looks like the typical meanie ceo praek. If I was Lada at that moment, I think I would instantly have a crush lol. The glasses still looks good on Weir tho.

Next episode! They're gonna be stuck at an island by themselves! looking forward to it.

oh i love the stepmom's reaction lmao.
http://instagr.am/p/CBLoxozgSLm/ and K'Than! What is with those eyes! /.\
http://instagr.am/p/CBLoktBpsoq/

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Dung Duang Haruthai, Pin Anong, Lah Ruk Sood Korb Fah, are my favourites from him. Ngao Kammathep is also fairly good.

hhsl9407

sarNie Hatchling
yeah I saw the scenes yesterday and theyre growing slowly on each other, the script is going really well. especially Lada, she's so cute. at first I don't think Weir and Mookda would match but they actually have quite good chemistry :>
hope they can keep up till the end.

kaciele

sarNie Hatchling
awe, this episode was pretty cute. Lada and Than are finally having a normal, peaceful conversation. I was waiting for Than to beat that perv up but of course! Lada had it all under control, haha. I shouldn't had worried about her.
Okay, that greedy stepmom has been annoying me but looks like we finally agree on something. Even though her actions are still towards money, at least now she's trynna set Lada up with Than and Soun with Tai, lmao. Her reactions were pretty funny this episode. Our reactions were the same when it came to the two couples! LOL. Especially Lada and Than. She spent the whole episode trynna get her two daughters alone with the two brothers. I only now hopes she keeps it up. & now with Mon in the picture, she's being nasty with her lool. honestly, im looking forward to the interactions with those two. Stepmom and Mon.
Than seeing Lada and Lukkaew together makes him SO HAPPY. That's the cutest thing ever. i love how their love development is going so far. like it's not obvious and is pretty subtle but I realized that Than is treating Lada a little different now. Before, he was always polite and patient and it seemed like he really did just want to take care of her as a responsibility as promised, but now he's teasing her like someone would to their crush (jogging at the beach) and even felt like he had to explain to Lada about what happened with him and Mon so she doesn't misunderstand (through his daughter). hehe. clearly, he wants to show her that him and Mon are nothing to each other and that he's still available (for her ;)) Just accept it Khun Than! I wish he could see how happy he looks when he sees Lada and Lukkaew in the same frame. & Lada seems to have become interested in him as well. Smiling when she heard that he did mouth to mouth on her.
Btw, Than/Weir looked handsome without his glasses for a bit haha. When he's not wearing glasses, he totally looks like the typical meanie ceo praek. If I was Lada at that moment, I think I would instantly have a crush lol. The glasses still looks good on Weir tho.

Next episode! They're gonna be stuck at an island by themselves! looking forward to it.

Your little reviews/commentary makes me even more excited to watch this when I can. Please continue them.

Moona

sarNie Hatchling

i could kind of follow by their body language but i am waiting for the sub unfortunately... do you understand thai ?
I prefer weir in his specs though... it makes his eyes look especially big.
i am surprised that the scene of her wiping his body is already in the next episode. had thought it would be when they are married.
i agree that things have started to develop between them in ep. 4 though i wonder why lada would still have vengence thoughts in her later (think i caught it from teasers) about him thinking that she is naive etc (and that she will take revenge on him when he is not-guarded).