❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
Yes. I was very much impressed with Nadech in "Game Rai Game Rak"! That lakorn made me laugh, angry, fin and cry. I can see then that Nadech Kugimiya is one hell of an Actor, naturally gifted! His potential and versatility (comedy, drama, romance, suspense, action) was already evident at an early stage of his career and my gosh he was only 19 then and his third role/lakorn in GRGR. But he definitely blew me away! No doubt he deserves all those awards he took for GRGR and other lakorns too.
Yes. If its 1 or 2 or 3 perhaps even 10 awards. ( actually 10 awards is a lot of awards to happen to be a coincidence or luck :)) But 170 awards. I don't think its appropriate to say he's not one of the best actor in Thailand. As a matter of fact, its very arguable to say he isnt the best because of that.
One doesnt always need to play disabled or crazy and unusal character. But you do need to play your character well. When people watch you they have to forget they're watching or see Nadech playing this character. He has to BE that person. I think if you watch all his characters. Theyre all very distinguished. Example him as Achira and Dawin. You see Dawin and you wont imagine him playing Achira lol and Achiras character is very different ..worlds away from Dawin. ...And Nadech played them both. Even ‘those he played as military Dawin, Ramin and the person in Nakee2 . if You can put them all together in the same scene, They all different characters . He portrayed them all differently,

Last edited:

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
The first time I saw this thread. To be honest I didn't really like Matt Peranee from her looks. I don't know I would prefer another actress to be casted. Someone more beautiful and charming. I never heard of Matt Peranee then, first time (I'm a newbie when it comes to lakorn and I only watched lakorns of NY and their lakorns with other artists and recently I've been trying to catch up with other titles by other Actors like Kimmy, Mario, Taew James Jirayu, James Ma etc.) And then the scandal happened, I don't mean to be mean, as an avid fan of Nadech I won't miss MLFAS whoever is with him. Nadech is doing fine and well in his portrayal of Achira. And yes I would still wish for a different lead actress in MLFAS. As I continue to watch MLFAS, IMO, Matt her looks I think will be more suited as villain and not as a lead actress. There I said it.
Congratulations!! you said what many people think but refrain from saying....lol..
Okay, I don’t know many thai actresses. But when I saw Matt ( at that time I didn’t know who she was) First time first impression I saw her, this is my honest opinion. I immediately didn’t think she seem right for the role.. i didn’t think she meets the character requirements appearance-wise. It’s more like she has good form (stance and body) than a beautiful face . To me she has an above average beauty.. But lead actresses usually either has an extraordinary beautiful face or strong sex appeal (which i think Matt doesn’t have).. you have to be likeable..especially on this particular role becsuse the role calls for the lead actress to act annoying.... Though She seem like a good actress ..But I agree her looks seem to fit more for antagonist or villany roles. There is usually something about a person ...something about one’s image or appearance that exudes that. I’m not sure either what it was...when people look at you they just don’t feel drawn to you, instead they feel annoyed, That’s how it felt when I first saw her. When I saw her act it became worse, Having an actress like this to be the heroine. It wont work. Because no one wants a lead they can’t like , And this is just the initial impression.. then she had to act a character that is annoyingly adorable,,, but only the annoying part came across...Then to seal everything she also had that scandal, A heroine who is 1. Annoying to look at 2. had to act annoying 3. Attached to a scandal, ..three swing and a miss,...Strike out. LOL But the producers instead of bailing out decided to ride it out. they took their chance with her. Instead of taking the risk of replacing her midproductiom.
Nadech is probably the only one doing well..and his fans probably makes up the 99% of the ratings, if it wasn’t Nadech I can only imagine what the rating would be,,,it might not even reach 1

xxgreen27

sarNie Egg
I'm sure we all pretty much know by now that awards are not the best indicator of talent. A lot of the times it's a popularity award and we all know it is very bias most of the time. Take Leonardo DiCaprio for example. He's a talented man but the man didn't pick up any Oscars until a few years ago. Nadech is a pretty good actor in his own rights. He's not horrible but I wouldn't say he is the best in Thailand either. Ken Theeradeth may have less awards than Nadech but he is the stronger actor between the two. Professional judge or not, I think most people would agree. And acting is acting. There's no boundaries across countries when it comes to talent. If you are talented in one country, it doesnt change to the next.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I'm sure we all pretty much know by now that awards are not the best indicator of talent. A lot of the times it's a popularity award and we all know it is very bias most of the time. Take Leonardo DiCaprio for example. He's a talented man but the man didn't pick up any Oscars until a few years ago. Nadech is a pretty good actor in his own rights. He's not horrible but I wouldn't say he is the best in Thailand either. Ken Theeradeth may have less awards than Nadech but he is the stronger actor between the two. Professional judge or not, I think most people would agree. And acting is acting. There's no boundaries across countries when it comes to talent. If you are talented in one country, it doesnt change to the next.
People don't even have to compare Thai actors to Hollywood but even compare it to Korean or Chinese industry, Thai actors still come out weaker. People can't judge talent in a bubble if the actor is that good. As far as awards goes, it's like beating a dead horse. Those that saw it as an indication to proclaim the actor is the best or one of the best with so many awards will never change their mind just as us that sees awards being hand out like hot cakes isn't a true evaluation of talent because of the bias that has become so rampant in the industry.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Also about Matt looking like a Villain that's a few years too late lol. As a big fan of Matt (I am neutral on her now lol) I have mentioned the girl is evil or rai looking since her Kuan Kamathep days (so like 9 years ago hahaha). She always has that look like she's ready to slap someone. Especially, her Ka Badin days. She has to play a gentle girl and us fans were worried that she can't have her rai looking self tucked away. With Matt it isn't about looks it's about talent (until she threw all the talent away for a guy). And if me being a fan can see that and admitted to it those that doesn't like her or care for her will definitely pick up on it. Nothing new...lol

Last edited:

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
Some people wonder why others become well known and others dont.

With leads looks is as important as Talent . Thats what a hollywood oroducer/actor/director once said. The audience have to look at the person and if people cant stand how one look like it doesnt really matter how talented an actor is, youd never get offered many leads if some still offers you the lead, it would be roles that your look catered to. Meaning if you look crazy and they need crazy lead then you might get that part. lol youd also never have many fans and not a lot of people will find you interesting. And as an actor you will only have mediocre popularity and career. Thats just the truth.

Last edited:

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
So when Tor won and got his best actor award over nadech that one time. . That wasnt an indication he did a great job? By the way i do not think he is better than Nadech and this has nothing to do with awards. In talent and appearance category. Appearence wise he is exuding even weaker presence than Matt. I do think he can act unusual characters but based on his method seem he would be unable to act intense heavy scenes. He has a weak presence on screen. He would seem to do well playing characters that either have weakness or sickness. I think he has limited repertoire. That isnt really what i would call a hallmark of a really good actor.
Also what makes a fan opinion correct over the professional critics? Even if i studied acting i would have to give respect to the judgement of the professional critics. They are professionals.. Rehashing awards isnt an indication of talent over and over meant giving no value to what professionals think. Do we use fans as indicators? But fans will only insist their idols as the best even if professionals doesn't think so or in truth. . Whatever majority think whether the fans or the critics will not really carry any weight to them. Again which begs the question. How then do thailand judge the best?
My opinion is...Thailand like other countries have their own industry. They vote and they give awards. And then on the other end, there are fans who have their own opinions of who’s ”better”. If the industry doesnt agree then the industry is wromg.. In Nadechs case whether voting by fans or professional critics he won. How else can people dispute that? Answer: By using their own individual opinion as basis. But most fans aren’t professionals In understanding the dynamics of acting and what goes in it, their judgement only hinges in what they know they see and most times their opinions are tinged of being biased if they like a particular actors acting, whereas professionals judged the actors on the basis of what they know and experience in acting,
Thats the only explanation for that. Cause how else can the discrepancy be expalined. If majority gave the awards to a particular person. All those people who voted whether fans or critics. Their opinions altogether carries more weight than any individual opinion, right? I mean fans and critics voted 170 times in the span of 10 years and it went to 1 person. Popularity wise Nadech is very popular. and he will win by fans votes if it’s by the fans. However to say that even professionals didnt use fair judgement because someone is popular and in the span of 10 years is an insult to that persons talent.

I also think Ken is a very good actor but I dont think hes better than Nadech. Take for instance in Game Rai Game Rak when nadech was only 19 years old and had to play a strong character a CEO . When he was blackmailed and told by the villain to marry her. His look of anger with his eyes tearing up in desperation. I thought wow he can do complex emotions.. I have never seen Ken portray that kind of intense mixed emotions.. thats only 1 exsmple as illlustration.. I think Nadech is more flexible than Ken. But then again that is only my opinion.just as a person may think Ken is better. So if my opinion is different from another persons opinion..whos right? This is where the critics should come in..however Some might say they don’t agree and awards are no indicator,

Last edited:

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I would say Nadech is a good actor for Thailand but not the best. I used to think he was the best of his generation too when I was only watching his lakorns. No offense but have you seen Ken T? No way Nadech is better. If they were the same age I think Ken T would dominate.

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
I have seen Ken T. lakorns. hes good. But I don’t think he is better than Nadech. Nadech didn’t get roles like Ken T. However I based my opinion on how good both tackled their roles and how each one might tackle the roles of the other if they played that role, I based it on their methodl acting, Absolutely no comparison! But then that is my opinion ..... which is.shared by the critics. Ken T has been given same time and chance as Nadech in his own time. it’s no longer or shorter. One thing I can tell you is both obviously studied their roles and portrayed them well. But when it comes to method acting Nadech internalizes his role that it comes off so naturally that it’s easy to overlook he’s acting. If you see ken in all his lakorns. You will see some of his characters he pofrayed them somewhat similar. But you won’t see that with Nadech, All were distinguished. But naturally distinguished,
Anyway, Again Fans have different opinions, but what critics say carries more weight. Because they’re professional

Last edited:

myasally

sarNie Hatchling
I don't have high expectation on this one since the storyline is kind a boring... I skipped a lot on the k version but since this is new couple I'm going to give it a try... Just gonna wait till it end first

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
So many good kiss scenes in this lakorn. When actors open mouth kiss, director instruction? Saw this on twitter View attachment 37420
MlFAS is famous for them. I dont know maybe there are othes. But Of all the kdrama i saw this one probably had the most kisses. 8 kisses Most are intimate especially the last one.
The many Kissing scenes..Thats basically what it mostly has at this point. They had to because korean production wants everything the similar to the original. But most people who saw the original wont think highly of this. As for chemistry, youre one of the few. Because one of the things most people say this remake lacks is chemistry. I personally cant see it. Especially in the kiss scenes lol. I always thought that would at least has something. But its like both were just doing it wrong. LoL.. Matt looked stiff and expressionlless like she is the alien LoL. And nadech regardless of being a good actor had a break in his character. He did the kiss like human..lol.. they should have just exchange roles..lol I dont kniw maybe theyre both distracted. But mostly i see 2 people just kissing for the camera. Thats all the chemistry i saw

Last edited:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't have high expectation on this one since the storyline is kind a boring... I skipped a lot on the k version but since this is new couple I'm going to give it a try... Just gonna wait till it end first
That's the best way to go into this lakorn. The lower the expectations the more you will enjoy it. They have some little cute moments but to me, the bad is too much to cancel the good. I have been catching the Fin scenes here and there though struggle to even finish that. Thai remake just can't copy everything and think it'll be successful. Individually Nadech and Matt...pretty much eye candy. But together they somehow managed to not make it work lol. I hope you enjoy it than most of us in here.

m9saeteurn1

sarNie Adult
So glad I save this to watch in Thai vs. Korean. Idk if I would have follow through all the way in the korean version, especially bc the main guy isn't eye candy for me. Beginning was a bit slow for me, but I'm liking it now since Falada is falling for Achira.

Som123

sarNie Hatchling
previously people thought nadech would not willing to do kiss scene but its the other way around now. Matt is the one who looks so stiff. Their kiss scenes were so clear, clearer than all ny lakorns except TCP last ep lol

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
previously people thought nadech would not willing to do kiss scene but its the other way around now. Matt is the one who looks so stiff. Their kiss scenes were so clear, clearer than all ny lakorns except TCP last ep lol
. You just witness the kind of korean kisses. Actually it’s still a little conservative, But the moment Nadech said Yes to this remake ..I thought ...wow. .. Back then so many people said no thai lakorns wouldn’t do kisses like that..LoL.. But i thought it’s kind of hard to fake iconic kisses of iconic dramas if they’re doing a remake,,and they’re all iconic. My bet was he would have no way to not do it for real. but given there were so many fake kisses in ET I thought hm it’d be interesting how they’d do it... when the news that the korean production wasn’t satisfied came out, I had a suspicion if maybe they did go conservative and korean prod didn’t like it.. so they remake the thai remake ..LoL.. it maybe between an alien and an actress but I knew it was going to be a kiss-fest if the kproduction would get involved..although It seem they added 2 extra kisses..lol. Or maybe I’m too dizzy to remember It correctly..cause I thought there were only 8.
in terms of Nadech. i think he didn’t know or thought about it since he didn’t really read the script and had not seen the drama. He said himself he accepted it rightaway And had not read the script..Perhaps because he thought it a popular korean drama . He accepted it not knowing who the lead actress would be or that they will remake the remake..lol and the scandal that would happen. Well he had to be professional. if He said no to the offer of MLFAS because example he didn’t want to do it for any reason, it is his own discretion and not affect his professionalism , But if he said yes to the offer and not do the kisses. then it is unprofessional. So the moment he said yes he was at the mercy of the production.. And this is why people should always read the script so they know what they’re getting into..

Last edited:

lrkdd_mlfas

sarNie Egg
Nadech is wise. He will not accept anything no idea what he signed. He is very successful because he is good and intelligent. He is very protected of his image. He knows Love Star is kiss fest. He is actor. This is just being true to his job. People should not make mad if he opens his mouth kisses. Production is okay to promote this way to. That's Nadech decision. This is work. He cannot be wholesome always. He want to grow as actor.