❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I'm kinda excited to see how their chemistry will flourish. Am I that only one who's actually watching this whole-heartedly? Haha.

Girl this new format is throwing me off! Haha. I'd be posting and liking comments then all of a sudden "Error!" Haha.
I'll do my PhatCaps on the next episode when I get my PhatLife back together.
Yeah, there’s a lot of errors going on this site. Waiting to see your PhatCap! The first episode is better than what we expected so far.

Last edited:

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I'm kinda excited to see how their chemistry will flourish. Am I that only one who's actually watching this whole-heartedly? Haha.

Girl this new format is throwing me off! Haha. I'd be posting and liking comments then all of a sudden "Error!" Haha.
I'll do my PhatCaps on the next episode when I get my PhatLife back together.
Oh how I’ve missed your PhatCaps lol Brings back good memories!

NY2018

always supporting ny ♡
So far so good. I liked watching the first episode as well as the three OST. Good job to Nadech and Matt. Looking forward to next week's and the other episodes of MLFAS. I am interested to see how Nadech and Matt continues to portray their characters because I can see that they both have potential and they are both doing a good job so far as well as patiently await for the English Subs. Regardless, I like some of the different outfits in the first episode. Matt looks pretty such as during the scene when Falada finds out Achira is her neighbour and Nadech looks handsome such as when Achira wears a suit. Overall, the first episode made me laugh and I look forward to watching more of Achira and Falada. I'm keen on watching how the lakorn continues to retell the story as well as seeing some of my favourite scenes that I liked and enjoyed from MLFTS being portrayed by Nadech and Matt as well as the rest of the cast. :star2:

Last edited:

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
So far so good. I liked watching the first episode as well as the three OST. Good job to Nadech and Matt. Looking forward to next week's and the other episodes of MLFAS. I am interested to see how Nadech and Matt continues to portray their characters because I see potential and they are both doing a good job so far as well as patiently await for the English Subs. Regardless, I like some of the different outfits in the first episode. Matt looks pretty and Nadech looks handsome such as during the scenes when Falada finds out Achira is her neighbour and when Nadech wears a suit. Overall, the first episode made me laugh and I look forward to watching more of Achira and Falada. I'm keen on watching how the lakorn continues to retell the story as well as seeing some of my favourite scenes that I liked and enjoyed from MLFTS being portrayed by Nadech and Matt as well as the rest of the cast. :star2:
The eng subs are already out on Muse Fan Subs website :)

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
Well when you start this low you can only go up lol It's not the end of the world ratings wise coz it can still go up and it most likely will. I don't really think this will be their average. If it goes up to a 3 in ep 2 the average falls back with the majority of all the other lakorns from ch3 this year lol doesn't matter.... yet, ratings wise. What this is saying is that people probably deliberately skipped it. I was reading the buzz while ep 1 aired on twitter and pantip. First of all 99% favorable reviews. People raved about the lakorn, the cast, etc I didn't really see anything negative. A lot of fans who saw the original turned out and they said Broadcast did well but def not as good as the original but they didn't really knock it. The amount of tweets are also higher than usual for an average first ep. Ch3 lakorns with a big name like Nadech etc can at least generate 70-100k + easily on a first ep on twitter. But it will drop second ep coz fans are always extra hyped for first ep, this is the trend twitter wise. I guessed the ratings to be low around 2.9-3.2 but I didn't think it would be this low. But my guess is for a poor performance coz I think ch3 stars that are Alist should all be debuting in 4s lol so in truth everybody is eating shit lol Despite the amount of promo you see for MLFTS it actually had low buzz if you looked at the views for the mv and perd kong and buzz online. MLFTS ep 1 trended #1 in Thailand, world, and even Philippines. But twitter isn't everything. On FB it was total opposite. Matt and MLFTS got bashed. They even had a viral status party where a lot of people on FB put on their status something like, NOT WATCHING MLFTS. I'm not a believer that scandals affect lakorn views but I might have to reconsider this for this case lol this rating is very low for NO GOOD REASON. It has an Alist star, big production, high budget, a script that's considered "good," lots of promo. Matt's lakorn with Kai Varayuth, it aired just as her scandal was happening but you can't blame Matt really for the low ratings coz that lakorn is bad on it's own lol nothing can help it... but for MLFTS what is the problem? Where is the problem with the lakorn itself? Script? Acting? Leads? no there isn't .... Other lakorns with Dlisters, low promo, lesser productions did better than 1.8 ... so where is the problem? They're calling this the MATT EFFECT lol Regardless, it started low but it's only ep 1 it will def go up coz it does have qualities that are appealing and if the lakorn is really good then it'll find its audience and I don't think this will be as low as Matt's first lakorn from early this year. But I do know for a fact that ch3 is waiting to see how this lakorn does to finalize decisions on Matt's next project...

Bkk ratings isn't too awful... rural, it's expected rural tend to not like ch3 lakorns and def not a Korean remake. The least this one needs to do is salvage their demographic the Bkk viewers and not lose to ch7 here lol
http://instagr.am/p/B2i5ncAACPR/
I watched ep 1 and it's just ok lol I didn't watch the original but knowing their goal is copy about 95% I can see that the original is script is lame lol also you can't even credit this production on the creative side coz everything is copied and they were heavily micromanaged by the Korean team. The luxury in this lakorn doesn't seem that different from other Thai lakorns. Bangkok is a major metropolitan, other lakorn productions have used famous landmarks and 5-star hotels before so this aspect does not impress me plus their hair and wardrobe makes more than half of the cast look like cartoons lol One major selling point of MLFTS Thai version is their CGI and it's a fail to me lol it's not horrible but it's the same exact level as ch3 cgi from a good company lol So why should I be impressed? CG from Korean side from 2013 is still better than Thai 2019 lol what's there to talk about hahaha

I can't compare how great they're doing to the original but I'll compare this to a lakorn that has similar selling parts My Ambulance and they're far better in a lot of ways. When I watched the trailer for My Ambulance I was hooked with the storyline, the acting, the visuals... I was in awe, like wow this production and series looks GOOD. I've seen the first two eps and yeah, it's very entertaining and I like the acting there too. They're doing well for what it is...my only thing with GDH/Nadao production they're very gimmicky but that's their style and demo... I was most impressed with the visuals, editing... espeically when they add the background music... they're so good. This is what I was expecting to feel before seeing any teaser or trailer for MLFTS because that's the standards the Koreans set...but when I saw them, I felt nothing lol it looks like any other Broadcast lakorn. From all the teasers, mvs, etc there was never a moment where I felt good about MLFTS LOL looked cringey but the actual ep is way better than those teasers. I like Nadech's acting in here. He's playing a 300 year old alien, what are aliens supposed to be like lol I didn't think he came off well at all from the teasers but he's better in the actual ep. Well no one did, everyone sounded so hollow like they're just reading the script and not even in the same room lol But do I like this character... he's interesting so far. But how they make him act when he uses his power and their pan to close up... omg lol so corny ewwww lol

This is my fave scene... he's basically a grandpa with a vintage taste lol his acting is endearing like this especially when he smiles lol

Matt's character is all over the place... I don't like how bipolar she is and I didn't really laugh from her scenes. This is the only time I thought she was funny coz her selfie is ridic lol but other than that, I think the premise to this story is a lot, not my thing but it's ok so far.
That’s positively thinking, it’s already very low and nowhere to go but up. I don’t understand the favorable reviews and #1 tweets trending, but received the rating that it did. Were people too busy tweeting, but don’t watch or was this all bots and spams?
Promotions for the premiering date as well Cruise event for fans were all over IGs, news medias, or twitters so I highly doubt it that no one knew the airing date unless they just don’t care. After many months of delaying with all sort of excuses why it won’t air on April, this has to be a disappointing rating for Khun Nong, casts, and crew. Everyone involved in this lakorn hope it does well, otherwise, they wouldn’t be promoting so heavily leading up to Tuesday. THEY CARE! Khun Nong, Mai, and Nadech’s mom IG were spamming often. Matt’s IG had some reposts and was subdued and gracious in interviews and how she carried herself. I wonder if many people did either skipped it or skimmed through for the pra’nangs’ scenes only. Toey made a cameo appearance and I read nothing about him anywhere, but then again, he’s not that significant either way. CH3 IG even had a guessing post about him lol.

It trended #1 worldwide, Thailand, and the Philippines. I previously posted pic for Thailand and Philippines.
http://instagr.am/p/B2ixt_JlHuF/
The mystery man post - Toey
http://instagr.am/p/B2gNKJpFIsw/

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
Finally watched EP 1 and thought it was okay and I like it. Although I wanted to FF some over the top scenes attemped to be comedic to the point of annoyance and some other characters but didn’t want to miss out since it’s new to me. Got confused with the flashbacks of the period scenes and thought it was out of sequence. Achira in black outfit saved the young girl from falling; Young girl gave him gift while he’s in period outfit; Achira in black outfit wandering the earth and came upon village and changed to another period outfit - so which scene came first?; also, no explanation yet as to why she died so young, but that remains to be seen in future episodes. The one scene I like or touched me was when Achira said before he leaves this world, he wants to meet the young girl again. Then the slow-mo elevator scene of door closed then opened and Falada stood there, Achira stared and the ost came on, but then the scene got silly again lol. Ahh..I am a sucker for romance in the making lol.

Can’t compared them to the original, Matt’s acting as Falada was fine, but I didn’t expect any different since I’ve seen these characteristics in Matt’s other lakorns. She fits the role and I can’t picture an actress in that age group from channel 3 that can give this portrayal w/o coming off annoying. From bts and trailers, I thought Falada was going to be snobbish and intelligent, but not dumb at times with her misunderstandings. Makes me feel bad for the character. As for Nadech’s acting as an alien, it’s a different from his other lakorns but fine for me. I don’t know how an alien is supposed to act so it would be pointless to describe. Describing him as stiff playing stiff is like going shopping for an extra medium shirt. What does that even mean? I don't know of an A-list actor that is good at acting stiff to do this role justice. Not even sure if that will be a compliment for that actor lol.

Anyway, it’s interesting so I’ll be tuning for more.

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult
I think Khun Nong got a right to be baffled, their online views was in 13000, which is higher compared to some lakorn that debuted with 8-9000 views but getting 2-3 Nielsen rating.

Nielsen rating in Thailand is based on 2-3000 rating box. In rural area 1 box can account for a whole village. It’s quite backward, that is why US channel ABC or is it NBC got into a huge row with Nielsen, until Nielsen agreed to change their method in US.

Advertisers love Nielsen because by having low rating channel cannot demand high price although in reality the show have a lot of online viewers or non real time views.

For me the show was delayed to long until people forgotten about it.

BeLLa

sarNie Adult
Sorry but i think this drama is not popular in Thailand. Even the live report on pantip is slow like only get 100 comments. Even p.namtarn drama atleast get 200 comments each episode

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I’ve already come to terms quite a while ago with the fact that this may be one of Matt’s last lakorns if this doesn’t do well in ratings. I knew that if this didn’t go well in ratings, that she would get the full blame for it even if it’s not all her fault really. Whether it does well in ratings or not, I don’t care anymore as long as the actual lakorn itself is enjoyable for me :)

pikachu

sarNie Egg
I finally watched it and out of 10 I’d give it a 5.5. It’s okey, not great. I actually like Matt here, one thing I am dissapointed by is her wardrobe, but that’s not her fault. They hyped it up so much but it just looks like the standard rich girl wardrobe you get in lakorns, and even in that regard it’s not as good as others I’ve seen. I was imagining something more like Rosie Huntington Whiteley (look her up on ig) or the vibe of the brand Marc and Camilla (also on ig), structured but still very feminine.

Nadech... honestly just doesn’t fit the role. You know who would have been interesting to see playing him? Sunny or any of the 3 younger intern doctors in My Ambulance. I think it’s because I was watching it just before MLFTS but that idea came to me as I was watching Nadech and now it won’t leave my head.

I totally understand his character is meant to be stiff and repressed but Sunny is playing a similar character and he is honestly so much better at it than Nadech. IMO this kind of role needs higher levels of acting skills because it’s all in the details; the subtle facial expressions, the eyes- especially the eyes! I realised that Nadech doesn’t have that. Tbh for me this role highlighted where he is lacking.

The CGI is laughable. I have nothing else to say about it. I’m also not a fan of the supporting actors, their skills... tbh visually they’re not as good as the originals, so for their acting skills to also not be up to par??

Apart from (God - his so cute, but bless him he can’t act at all) they’re not awful but they’re not good either- just whatever. If it was me apart from Matt and Suriyont(?) I’d recast the rest of the main cast.

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult
Yup, to be honest not many CH3 praek master subtle acting, I get why Sunny is the top of the game, his face can show so many emotions in his head without doing much. Ter is alright in films, but they always have him overeact in lakorn.

Nadech biggest failure in here is he failed to show what a bored alien he is. He wasn’t suppose to be stiff but bored being on the planet for so long.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Too much delay and Matt scandal kind of lead to people lost of interest
I finally watched it and out of 10 I’d give it a 5.5. It’s okey, not great. I actually like Matt here, one thing I am dissapointed by is her wardrobe, but that’s not her fault. They hyped it up so much but it just looks like the standard rich girl wardrobe you get in lakorns, and even in that regard it’s not as good as others I’ve seen. I was imagining something more like Rosie Huntington Whiteley (look her up on ig) or the vibe of the brand Marc and Camilla (also on ig), structured but still very feminine.

Nadech... honestly just doesn’t fit the role. You know who would have been interesting to see playing him? Sunny or any of the 3 younger intern doctors in My Ambulance. I think it’s because I was watching it just before MLFTS but that idea came to me as I was watching Nadech and now it won’t leave my head.

I totally understand his character is meant to be stiff and repressed but Sunny is playing a similar character and he is honestly so much better at it than Nadech. IMO this kind of role needs higher levels of acting skills because it’s all in the details; the subtle facial expressions, the eyes- especially the eyes! I realised that Nadech doesn’t have that. Tbh for me this role highlighted where he is lacking.

The CGI is laughable. I have nothing else to say about it. I’m also not a fan of the supporting actors, their skills... tbh visually they’re not as good as the originals, so for their acting skills to also not be up to par??

Apart from (God - his so cute, but bless him he can’t act at all) they’re not awful but they’re not good either- just whatever. If it was me apart from Matt and Suriyont(?) I’d recast the rest of the main cast.
lol most of today's ch3 actors are stars but not really actors. They are mostly popular and big not really because of their great acting but cause of a popular drama or koojin. Ch3 is not known for pushing acting