❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
Alien he their main theme, how they gonna ban that? Makes no sense to air in China if they just gonna ban that.
Not sure where you get that news, but China never bans aliens on TV or in movies. I ask my Chinese friend and she said she heard nothing about that rule.

I know the latest Starwars movies was allowed to show in China in May 2018. Avatar was pulled out of theatres after 2 weeks of screening, not be cause of Alien theme, but because it did too well at the box office that the government was afraid it would financially damage local competitors. Plus, the story was about the uprising of a minority ethnic group, whose example China don't want to spread.

I think we can safely say that Doo Min Joon is a civilized alien that won't be a threath to China.

About the question when this lakorn is going to be shown and whether it is shown simultaneous in both Thailand and China, Nadech has answered here from the 6:09 minute mark

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Not sure where you get that news, but China never bans aliens on TV or in movies. I ask my Chinese friend and she said she heard nothing about that rule.

I know the latest Starwars movies was allowed to show in China in May 2018. Avatar was pulled out of theatres after 2 weeks of screening, not be cause of Alien theme, but because it did too well at the box office that the government was afraid it would financially damage local competitors. Plus, the story was about the uprising of a minority ethnic group, whose example China don't want to spread.

I think we can safely say that Doo Min Joon is a civilized alien that won't be a threath to China.

About the question when this lakorn is going to be shown and whether it is shown simultaneous in both Thailand and China, Nadech has answered here from the 6:09 minute mark

Oh I’ve been seeing people saying that China ban Alien movies there so I thought thet’ll Edit the heck out of they. Good to hear they don’t ban that. I remember Stephen Chow movie, CJ7, about aliens did fairly well. So what did Nadech say in his interview??

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`

I mentioned the ban on Aliens in China because I remember hearing it on one of the Thai news. Can't remember which.

I could have been mistaken, it was a while ago. There are several odd things they ban. Like there was a scene in Men In Black they edited out. It was an Alien restaurant owner, who was a villain. That's probably why I assume Aliens were banned. I'll look up the exact source if anyone is inclined on it. ** The source for the Thai news will probably be impossible to find, since this was years ago**

But here's the source for banned films and edited films: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_censorship_in_China

They do however ban time traveling. Which, our p'ek does.
Source for time travel ban theme in Chinese TV: https://www-m.cnn.com/2016/08/31/asia/china-banned-on-tv-censorship/index.html?r=https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/08/31/asia/china-banned-on-tv-censorship/index.html?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQECAEoAQ%3D%3D

Last edited:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was going to say, they do somewhat ban time traveling. Because Legend of Yunxi, the n'ek was a time traveler but the writer had to omit that part out because of the restriction on time traveling.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I was going to say, they do somewhat ban time traveling. Because Legend of Yunxi, the n'ek was a time traveler but the writer had to omit that part out because of the restriction on time traveling.
Yeah that drama ! I ended up only focusing on the male lead and Consort Qing. Female lead is too annoying

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the main character of this MLFAS lakorn didn’t travel back in time (which is banned on China TV). He only lives long, 400 years or so on Earth. So I think this is fine.

The alien in Men In Black was edited out because he disguised himself as a bad Chinese.

Well, let’s see. I’m sure China will edit the hell out of it.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Would stopping time to go from one place to another be considered time travel?

Technically time is infinite but he's able to freeze ppl and things for a few minutes.

At this point they're not saying why it's been pushed out further except the producer says they're still editing.

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
Ah, I stand corrected if China trully ban Aliens. Oh well, let's see how his lakorn turn out under China's censorship law.

Last edited:

anopinion

sarNie Egg
I believe the ban only applies to dramas broadcasted on actual TV channels. Web dramas aren't as heavily scrutinised. This drama is 100% going to be licensed by some Chinese video portal, so censorship won't play as big a part as people imagine. In any case, the drama was planned well after the ban was implemented, so even if they have to make massive changes off the back of that, they can't complain.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
It seems today that have wrapped up party?
https://www.instagram.com/p/ButlUAXH_J-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1k86ydl2u5ko9

I don’t have high hope for real steamy kisses like kversion but I am hype for this drama
Thanks, getting closer to them thinking about airing date now. None of us in here have hope if it being close to the k version when it comes to kissing. We are hopeful they won't use too much camera angles to fool us lol. Still the wait has been so long we aren't picky anymore and take whatever they give hahhaha. I am looking forward to seeing everyone...Nadech is going to look good in here.

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
I am excited and can’t wait to see Nadech on screen again as well as Matt. I am interested in seeing what the hype of this Korean drama is all about, especially the story line since it seem to be all over the place with alien, power, teleporting, movie stars. I hope the story has more to it than just kisses and fashions since it was a very popular drama - unless that’s the two primary reasons of its popularity.